AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tip & Rating Advise Needed

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2021
United States
Twitter Username
@masked4cover
Thanks for reading.. We are looking for some advice and hopefully you can help. We value every “thumbs up” we get and we also value the viewer that was kind enough to tip enough to rate us. In our notices and bio we have “No family or Incest Chat”. But what do you do when someone starts off tipping with nice comments in each tip. Then after they had tipped a few hundred tokens the comments turn to family situations. The first instinct is to silence or ban them. Then again they are tipping good so we don’t want to say anything to upset them and get a negative rating.

So being amateurs how should we handle a good tipper that is tipping with comments that are not our thing? If we ban them we lose tips, others see it as maybe rude and can they still rate us with a “thumbs down“?

If we ban them we lose tips, others see it as maybe rude and can they still rate us with a “thumbs down“?
I saw that conflict in many rooms. That's why my apps allow the broadcaster to use a simple command which silently silences the user. He will still read his messages, but nobody else will. It turns out that those who write the most questionable messages usually keep blabbing for hours, quite happy, even if nobody replies because nobody else can read them.

Oh, and they also ask the users for voting up. Just, you won't ever see that. Many bots annoy visitors by spamming GIFs every few minutes, showing the users where to press buttons, even if the user already voted you up or did not tip 25 tokens and thus can't vote you up. My apps send a very friendly notice once to each visitor when he has tipped 25 or more, they thank him for support and ask him to help you even more by giving you a thumbsup. All that happens without annoying the public chat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They may be spending while they break the rules, but they certainly aren't spending enough to make it worth risking your earning potential over being banned for allowing them to break rules in your room. At least that is how I see it. That is what I would take into consideration before choosing whether or not to allow the behavior to continue.

Upvote 0
As I read you the comments come in tip notes and I don't think apps or bots that monitor words will catch those. I say go with your 1st instinct, in the long run if you lose your groove that would probably cost you more, and if you ban they will not be able to rate you down, if you just silence them you also silence the tip notes, but run the risk of being rated down.

Upvote 0
Thanks for reading.. We are looking for some advice and hopefully you can help. We value every “thumbs up” we get and we also value the viewer that was kind enough to tip enough to rate us. In our notices and bio we have “No family or Incest Chat”. But what do you do when someone starts off tipping with nice comments in each tip. Then after they had tipped a few hundred tokens the comments turn to family situations. The first instinct is to silence or ban them. Then again they are tipping good so we don’t want to say anything to upset them and get a negative rating.

So being amateurs how should we handle a good tipper that is tipping with comments that are not our thing? If we ban them we lose tips, others see it as maybe rude and can they still rate us with a “thumbs down“?
They can't access your page to give you a thumbs down if you ban them.

Reactions: dunder_muffin
Upvote 0
Also as some general unsolicited advice: I find it is counterintuitive to list things you won't do that are already against TOS. Members know the rules and will push past them anyway, saying you won't do something that they are already told not to do has no positive net impact. I have the feeling that it reads as an invite for those pushy types to try you, more than anything else.

Upvote 0
Unless u already have a low score I would worry about thumbs down. Virtually everyone has one.
@Highlander884 ..Thanks and true. We never had a thumbs down and the most thumbs up we had at one time was an even 30. So we are just worried about that first down one. We also really want people to enjoy what they are spending their hard earned money on

Upvote 0
Just be frank with them and tell them you don't like that kind to talk and to stop.
If they continue, remind them you already told them to stop and if they still continue you will ban them.

Most times this will stop guys.
Or you can wait until the broadcast ends (if you can manage to hold out that long with their comments), and then ban them but make sure they have left your room first (when you end the stream, you will see a lot of guys are still in the roo for some time, make sure that person you want to ban has left the room and then ban them)

Upvote 0
I usually blame Chaturbate in such situations, trying to avoid any conflicts. In a PM I'll nicely ask them to drop that topic because Chaturbate is very sensitive about it and it might get the broadcaster banned. Usually that helps. If not, I use whatever power I have to silence them.

Also, if you click on the name of the author of a message, the context menu offers the option to report that message.

Reactions: dunder_muffin
Upvote 0
I usually blame Chaturbate in such situations, trying to avoid any conflicts. In a PM I'll nicely ask them to drop that topic because Chaturbate is very sensitive about it and it might get the broadcaster banned. Usually that helps. If not, I use whatever power I have to silence them.

Also, if you click on the name of the author of a message, the context menu offers the option to report that message.

Models don't have this option or at least they didn't. I think the logic being they can ban them but I still think that it's needed for them.

Reactions: schruti
Upvote 0

Remember that CB has ZERO tolerance for anything that even smells like underage. I know a 24 year old Russian model who was permanently banned for "looking too young". Remember that everything you say may get read and profiled by CB and law enforcement. What you perceive as "being nice to a good tipper" may get incorrectly read by CB as "they might be interested in this activity". Therefore you should have zero tolerance for this yourself, and you should come down on it with a hammer, immediately. Leave zero room for anyone reading that conversation to interpret anything against you.

You could say for example: "That is against this website's rules, and we cannot even discuss it in private." PERIOD.

If they persist, it's up to you if you want to ban immediately. I might say "You need to stop talking about this immediately, or I have no choice but to ban you." Then on the next offense I would ban.

Upvote 0
Remember that everything you say may get read and profiled by CB and law enforcement. What you perceive as "being nice to a good tipper" may get incorrectly read by CB as "they might be interested in this activity". Therefore you should have zero tolerance for this yourself, and you should come down on it with a hammer, immediately. Leave zero room for anyone reading that conversation to interpret anything against you.

Thanks for your reply, in reading it I get the impression that you feel we play along with their comments and scenarios.

I just want to go on record that we 100% don’t. We don’t role play of any kind and we definitely don’t want people having the impression that we keep a conversation going that is against any Terms of Agreement, unlawful or in way shape or form anything but consenting, of age and 100% legal conversion and activity.

I asked the question because someone was making comments about incest (never did he mention under age) just family role play. We have notices against that and find it an uncomfortable situation so we didn’t comment, play along, ban or silence him, we just ignored him. My question was regarding how to handle it. Nothing was mentioned at all about underage or illegal activity.

It scares me that this is the impression some people got from my question. Everyone please believe me this is not the case…Thank You

Upvote 0
Unfortunately threads are not removed, as I would have liked this one to be deleted due to maybe being taken out of context.

In any event it is very important to note that nowhere in my question or at the night of the incident that any underage or illegal conversation took place on either the viewers side or by our verbal or typed comments

Thank you for your understanding

Upvote 0
nowhere in my question or at the night of the incident that any underage or illegal conversation took place on either the viewers side or by our verbal or typed comments
Okay but, it seems like you might be confused about whether this is simply a concern of your comfort, or a legality thing re: the "family situations." Also illegal and against TOS.

Yes, someone went off-topic but the rest of the advice and commentary here is still valid and relevant to your situation.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately threads are not removed, as I would have liked this one to be deleted due to maybe being taken out of context.

In any event it is very important to note that nowhere in my question or at the night of the incident that any underage or illegal conversation took place on either the viewers side or by our verbal or typed comments

Thank you for your understanding
Even if that is the case, it is a violation of your boundaries.
Being nice doesn't mean to be a door mat.

Upvote 0
Okay but, it seems like you might be confused about whether this is simply a concern of your comfort, or a legality thing re: the "family situations." Also illegal and against TOS.

Yes, someone went off-topic but the rest of the advice and commentary here is still valid and relevant to your situation.
@THE MOLLIE MARIE ..Thank you for calming my nerves down (a little bit.. lol).

I agree and understand your point of shutting it down if it happens again (praying it doesn’t). I also agree with a point I think you made somewhere about notices scrolling that are already in the terms. We will start using the information you provided as ammunition against the first sign of it in our room.

Again, thank you for calming me down and understanding. I tend to over react and panic when maybe I didn’t word something properly and I take peoples perception of us very seriously. We are just a married couple trying to have fun and follow “ALL” the rules, not just ours

Upvote 0
I don't think there's any way that anyone here is reading what you are saying and thinking that you are inviting these interactions. It's all good! You want to protect your ability to work, and I think that shows you are on the right track. In my experience, platforms won't punish you for what members do so long as you do not indicate in any way that you are allowing the behavior, so a verbal and typed rejection will cover you. Hopefully you won't have to use the new info too often, but you have them in your arsenal and you'll be ready if you need them.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply, in reading it I get the impression that you feel we play along with their comments and scenarios.

I am not assuming you like anything or did anything. I am trying to convince you that websites like CB seem to take a very puritanical view regarding certain topics. It is best to not test the limits of any of those and just keep clear. That's not me judging you. That's me warning you that what seems like innocent conversation and fantasy might be someone like law enforcement profiling you. It's creepy to have everything you say or do watched, but we live in a surveillance society and that is just going to get worse over time.

• Helpful!
Reactions: schruti
Upvote 0
At the very least, if you say or do nothing, satifaction scores reset. I think it was every 90 days.
If you do receive false negative ratings and CB is unwilling to help, you can hide your satifaction score as per your settings.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
Yeah ratings only last about 3 months. Which I do consider a good thing as most new girls get a thumb down, many guys who hunt new girls are very inconsiderate that some are very new to this type of work or the guys are assholes and sulking because the girls wont do their demands.

Upvote 0
I am not assuming you like anything or did anything. I am trying to convince you that websites like CB seem to take a very puritanical view regarding certain topics. It is best to not test the limits of any of those and just keep clear. That's not me judging you. That's me warning you that what seems like innocent conversation and fantasy might be someone like law enforcement profiling you. It's creepy to have everything you say or do watched, but we live in a surveillance society and that is just going to get worse over time.
Well, I will be the first to admit when I overreact and without “face to face“ interaction I tend to over analyze a comment and assume the worst.

**I honestly want to apologizing for my reaction to your comment when in the light of a new day I realize that your intentions were to protect us and not accuse us of partaking in any appropriate conversation…I’m sorry for my reaction comments**

Thank you for reminding me/us that someone is always watching. Although I stand firm in saying ”we want no part in that type of conversation or role play”. But I understand your point in that we can’t focus on making everyone happy for a good satisfaction score, but there’s a time to get aggressive and put an end to it in ”our” room.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.