AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips for Higher Resolution Broadcast on MFC?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
MFC's model web broadcaster software supports a "high resolution" mode up to 800x600, with a data upload speed up to 2.5 mbps. Are there other required settings on the model's workstation in order to actually send out the highest resolution? For example, do you need a setting in the camera driver or configuration software? Let's use Logitech C920 as the example since so many models use that camera.

What I have noticed with some models is that when they move from 640x480 to 800x600 they appear to just get a scaling up of the 640x480 image to a larger pixel frame, but they do not actually get higher resolution. It really looks like the camera is sending out a 640x480 image, but because of the model web broadcaster settings this image is somehow getting "stretched" out to the larger frame.

Are there any other tricks a model can use to maximize the video quality or frames per second (fps) after you have maxed out the model web broadcaster video settings? I see many models are using Manycam, but probably that is just connecting to MFC's client-side software as a virtual camera rather than as an RTS stream? Would that give better quality without actually streaming?

screen-shot-2016-08-15-at-11-09-03-am-png.64999

If you have a logitech webcam you can log into their software and make sure that the resolution is correct, if you have your webcam set to a lower resolution before you start streaming then it wouldn't matter if you have the best quality options on the broadcaster. When I had a mac I could not get the logitech software which meant I could not use my HD webcam properly and would always get slightly lower quality than I could have had.

I don't know if there are other ways of doing this, but say if I am going to film a video I will want to use HD, so I put the settings as that using my logitech software, close that and when I go onto my recording program it will keep those settings. Then when I go onto cam, I lower the settings to the maximum that MFC can handle. I have been complimented on my stream quality since doing this.

If you have a logitech webcam you can log into their software and make sure that the resolution is correct, if you have your webcam set to a lower resolution before you start streaming then it wouldn't matter if you have the best quality options on the broadcaster. When I had a mac I could not get the logitech software which meant I could not use my HD webcam properly and would always get slightly lower quality than I could have had.

I don't know if there are other ways of doing this, but say if I am going to film a video I will want to use HD, so I put the settings as that using my logitech software, close that and when I go onto my recording program it will keep those settings. Then when I go onto cam, I lower the settings to the maximum that MFC can handle. I have been complimented on my stream quality since doing this.

If you set the Logitech software to 1080p (or whatever the highest resolution is), will the MFC broadcaster software automatically downgrade it to the Video settings for MFC? Or is there any value in configuring the Logitech software to exactly match the MFC settings?

I went to the Logitech website, and I was surprised that they don't have more than a "Getting Started" guide to download for the C920-C, so there is no documentation for the process you are describing. Is the application that sets the Logitech's camera resolution under Windows in the Control Panel, or is it a separate Logitech application? Any chance you could give a name for that application and maybe post a screenshot of what the screen you change looks like? It might be nice documentation for this thread if others show the configuration apps they use for different webcams.

MFC's model web broadcaster software supports a "high resolution" mode up to 800x600, with a data upload speed up to 2.5 mbps.

Are there any other tricks a model can use to maximize the video quality or frames per second (fps) after you have maxed out the model web broadcaster video settings?
Speaking of tricks, it's technically possible to go beyond 800x600 on MFC, see this thread. Although I don't know of any model that has done it other then @Magnolia
You can use the demo version of 'Replay media catcher' to see what resolution each online room is using.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
Speaking of tricks, it's technically possible to go beyond 800x600 on MFC, see this thread. Although I don't know of any model that has done it other then @Magnolia
You can use the demo version of 'Replay media catcher' to see what resolution each online room is using.
There are a few, I know Kati3 used to do it and I know a few girls did it before MFC switched to 800x600. I still do it on occasion if I play games. I've gotten up to 1440p. 800x600 I think is alright for what I do most of the time now though.

A related question for this thread: if your Internet upload speeds cannot handle 800x600 at 2+ mbps, will the lowest MFC bitrate settings of 1.5 and 1.7 mbps still give a decent result? This is more of an issue for someone with an old style DSL connection or a studio model where the bandwidth is being shared with a lot of models.

If you set the Logitech software to 1080p (or whatever the highest resolution is), will the MFC broadcaster software automatically downgrade it to the Video settings for MFC? Or is there any value in configuring the Logitech software to exactly match the MFC settings?

I went to the Logitech website, and I was surprised that they don't have more than a "Getting Started" guide to download for the C920-C, so there is no documentation for the process you are describing. Is the application that sets the Logitech's camera resolution under Windows in the Control Panel, or is it a separate Logitech application? Any chance you could give a name for that application and maybe post a screenshot of what the screen you change looks like? It might be nice documentation for this thread if others show the configuration apps they use for different webcams.

You literally download logitech software online, you open it while your cam is plugged in, go to "quick capture" and you can change some of the settings, brightness, contrast etc. There is also an option for the size/quality by where you can see your feed. Easy peasy, doesn't really need a manual or screen shots if you know how to use a computer. And yes, MFC can only support a certain size so it will automatically change it as far as I am aware. But, from what I have heard from other models, it is best to lower the resolution to what MFC can support using the logitech software as it could slow down your computer or feed for no good reason causing lags and stuff.

So long as you are not using a mac you can use the logitech software. If the model is using a mac then I recommend getting a webcam that has software compatible with a mac.

There is already an image that shows the settings and whatever for Logitech webcams in the Logitech webcams thread if you do a little checking.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
DP but man you care a lot about technology for models and you aren't even a model :giggle:

My question is if you do set your webcam to 720p or 1080p capture which is 16:9 and but MFC encodes 800x600 which is 4:3 what is removing the letter-boxing effect? Is the final display in MFC stretched and the corners cropped out or do the models choose ahead of time how it will fit into the encoding frame?

My question is if you do set your webcam to 720p or 1080p capture which is 16:9 and but MFC encodes 800x600 which is 4:3 what is removing the letter-boxing effect? Is the final display in MFC stretched and the corners cropped out or do the models choose ahead of time how it will fit into the encoding frame?
If I set my xsplit res to 16:9, then I have letterbox bars when I open my cam on MFC. It's best to set your cam software to be 800x600 to match MFC.

See the image below, which is the resolution selection for C920. I actually had to screen capture a Youtube video to find such a basic setting. (If someone has a cleaner screenshot of the resolution selections I would love to have it.)

Notice that the resolution selection goes 480P, 720P, or 1080P, and this appears to be totally independent of the selection for Widescreen. So I assume you select your target resolution (for 800x600 that would be 720P?) and do NOT select the Widescreen format in the C920 configuration software. I am guessing that this combination will give you a 4:3 frame that has a slightly higher resolution than your optimal target 800x600. Maybe someone else here can confirm that this is the correct approach.

Is MFC transmitting the full resolution of the camera to its site, and then transcoding it to 800x600 on the MFC servers? Or is the MFC web browser software doing some basic transcoding to 800x600 and then transmitting only the correctly-sized video?

upload_2017-9-6_13-0-14.png

There is already an image that shows the settings and whatever for Logitech webcams in the Logitech webcams thread if you do a little checking.

If you mean this thread, they posted Advanced Settings for setting color balance, white balance, exposure, gain, etc. They did not post the resolution selection or talk about best settings for that.

If you mean this thread, they posted Advanced Settings for setting color balance, white balance, exposure, gain, etc. They did not post the resolution selection or talk about best settings for that.
The resolution settings if I'm not mistaken are in basically the same spot though..

The resolution settings if I'm not mistaken are in basically the same spot though..

The thread you referenced shows screenshots of the "Advanced Settings" screen, which is accessed through the link at the bottom of the image I post below. The Advanced Settings screen has no information about resolution or standard/widescreen format.

upload_2017-9-6_13-19-56.png

The thread you referenced shows screenshots of the "Advanced Settings" screen, which is the link at the bottom here:

View attachment 72565
Well i personally see resolution settings there.

I also own a c920 and don't really require screenshots of what the menu looks like lol.

I don't feel like very detailed step by step and screenshots is required for every little thing. Models kinda need to be able to figure things out on their own a little technology wise or maybe it isn't the best career choice for them.

Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.