AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

To dance or to be boring, thats the question....

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2011
Went wandering this morning thru naked dot com and a few of the affiliates. What surprised me was how SILENT it all was. No music, no TV in the background... dead silence. I thought this quite odd and the girls looked a bit bored as well. I asked one why and her reply was that admin had sent out a message that 'no music was allowed in the room.' :( Seriously? WTF.

To me, as a paying tipper, I see that as a total elimination of any dancing or for that matter, sultry sexy mood or movement to get things rolling and keep it going .... hence the ultimate desertion of the site for more lively pastures. If they did this for some sort of legal reason, I hope it doesn't spread to MFC.

:think:

I understand copyright BS perhaps, but if a person purchased the CD or Itune or whatever, its not a pirate and should fall under personal use .... :twocents-02cents:
Not even gonna get into site use of Grooveshark and similar ones...

but heh.. what do I know .... :dontknow:

False dichotomy - the only two options are not to dance or be boring. I can't recall the last time I danced on camera, although I understand how it may be frustrating if the model is used to only found that.

Evvie said:
False dichotomy - the only two options are not to dance or be boring. I can't recall the last time I danced on camera, although I understand how it may be frustrating if the model is used to only found that.

"False dichotomy".. LOL.. please excuse my faux pas professor ....I should have anticipated this dissection.... I was also hoping for a lil common sense.
Of course they aren't the only choices... DUH. :woops:
Some folks don't dance or move at all, but do tend to have background tunes or whetever on for ambiance.

SoTxBob said:
I understand copyright BS perhaps, but if a person purchased the CD or Itune or whatever, its not a pirate and should fall under personal use .... :twocents-02cents:
Not even gonna get into site use of Grooveshark and similar ones...

but heh.. what do I know .... :dontknow:

I agree that it should be free if I already paid for it. I do know when I worked on a similar site they sent me a file filled with plenty of copyright free music of different genres.

I also don't think you need music to dance, I dance to the music in my head every time I see myself in the mirror. I'll dance to anything honestly but thats only because I LOVE to sexy dance.

Whether you own the music or not (as in, you own a physical CD or you paid for a download), I'm fairly certain it's still technically illegal to use that music for commercial purposes. It would be really shitty if the banning of music became a widespread thing in camland :(

I dace without music all the time lol

Reactions: Nordling
Could the legal issues have to do with not the ownership, but with the dissemination of the music by broadcasting it?

Reactions: Lounge20K
PersonalAngel said:
Sorry to double post but
http://www.dmx.com/pandora/

Pandora for commercial use 25/month. Thats all I can come up with.
It gives you licensing rights to play the music.

Excuse the double post, but this is fucking awesome. Every model should know about this. In fact, I'm taking the info to the other thread.

Jessi said:
buy some cheap royalty-free elevator musak bb.
Wooo! I use royalty free music sometimes for videos and they actually have some surprisingly good stuff available!

Reactions: KayleePond
hire a troupe of musicians to only play 17th century baroque (thats old enough for public domain right?). Then after, use them to film gangbang scenes for your private site :think:

Fuck Im going to be rich.

SoTxBob said:
Went wandering this morning thru naked dot com and a few of the affiliates. What surprised me was how SILENT it all was. No music, no TV in the background... dead silence. I thought this quite odd and the girls looked a bit bored as well. I asked one why and her reply was that admin had sent out a message that 'no music was allowed in the room.' :( Seriously? WTF.

To me, as a paying tipper, I see that as a total elimination of any dancing or for that matter, sultry sexy mood or movement to get things rolling and keep it going .... hence the ultimate desertion of the site for more lively pastures. If they did this for some sort of legal reason, I hope it doesn't spread to MFC.

:think:

It's not only boring for the members, but it's boring for the models as well. I remember a couple of years ago I wanted to joined flirt4free & some other sites. As a model I was forbidden to play my own music, but some sites had their own royalty free generic songs that you could play from r&b to rock. I couldn't broadcast more then a couple days over there. Maybe it's just me, but music (that I like) puts me in a good mood, makes me dance, its a good way to meet other people that like the same music and it's a damn good conversation starter/ subject.

Most of the guys I've met on mfc and stuck around, came in for the music I was dancing on and stayed because they learned that we not only have the same taste in music, but other things as well (one of my long time members came in my room while he was browsing from lounge and heard me playing David Bowie...and he told that's why he got an interest in me).

Jessi said:
hire a troupe of musicians to only play 17th century baroque (thats old enough for public domain right?). Then after, use them to film gangbang scenes for your private site :think:

Currently in the U.S., anything produced prior to 1923 is free and clear in the public domain. One of the only reasons to visit LiveJasimin is a model named LittleRedBunny, who dances to old jazz recordings. It's really very sexy and classy. Some corset and wig play to Baroque music would be mind-blowing.

SoTxBob said:
Evvie said:

"False dichotomy".. LOL.. please excuse my faux pas professor ....I should have anticipated this dissection.... I was also hoping for a lil common sense.
Some folks don't dance or move at all, but do tend to have background tunes or whetever on for ambiance.
Shit, I keep forgetting how mad the members here get when they receive replies they don't want on public threads. I could feel the butthurt all the way through my phone.

Evvie said:
Shit, I keep forgetting how mad the members here get when they receive replies they don't want on public threads. I could feel the butthurt all the way through my phone.

:lol:

You're funny and awesome. :-D

Evvie said:
SoTxBob said:
Evvie said:

:shock: I really hope this isn't going to escalate into yet another argument. And bob, you're probably going to hate me... But I'm going to "dissect" part of your post now and my doing so is in no way suggestive of how I see you (personally I think you're a valuable and contributing member).

I think your wording could be better in what you wrote. It sounds like you're implying that Evvie did not use common sense in her reply. And Evvie is one of the most common-sensical (yes, I know that's not a word) people I know. Her bringing up false dichotomy is a valid contribution to this thread. For anyone who's curious here is a definition of false dichotomy (I had to look it up): "A false dichotomy is typically used in an argument to force your opponent into an extreme position -- by making the assumption that there are only two positions".

As for bob truly being "butt hurt" or not, I don't think it's my place to say for sure. But the subtle suggestion that Evvie didn't use common sense does suggest a disagreement which, while it may have been better expressed, didn't reek of "butt hurtness" to me. That would have sounded more condescending and possibly used patronising terms like "honey" or "sweetie".

I'm probably over thinking things here. But I like both of you guys and would hate to see a pointless war of words. Debates are fun when handled in a mature manner, but this (I don't think) could rightfully be called a debate.

Sorry if I'm not clear in expressing myself, my sleeping schedule's been so whacked lately. I is tiredz.

Reactions: LadyLuna
RoseCavilla said:
As for bob truly being "butt hurt" or not, I don't think it's my place to say for sure. But the subtle suggestion that Evvie didn't use common sense does suggest a disagreement which, while it may have been better expressed, didn't reek of "butt hurtness" to me. That would have sounded more condescending and possibly used patronising terms like "honey" or "sweetie".

I'm probably over thinking things here. But I like both of you guys and would hate to see a pointless war of words. Debates are fun when handled in a mature manner, but this (I don't think) could rightfully be called a debate.

Sorry if I'm not clear in expressing myself, my sleeping schedule's been so whacked lately. I is tiredz.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Evvie is very good at sticking up for herself, and this isn't the first time SoTxBob has made a jab at her. And her response was hilarious...lol.

And I like both of them too. :)

Reactions: RoseCavilla
Jessi said:

MFC's gotta start paying out more if every model has to hire her own band.
Or is the second part their 'payment'? :lol:

mynameisbob84 said:
If all else fails I can hook you all up with some home-recorded, sloppily performed, guitar covers of rock songs :thumbleft:

If you want to "spruce" them up a bit, I can add some sloppy bass tracks and off-key backing vocals.

If you're gonna do it, go big. ;)

Reactions: emptiedglass
RogueWarrior said:
mynameisbob84 said:
If all else fails I can hook you all up with some home-recorded, sloppily performed, guitar covers of rock songs :thumbleft:

If you want to "spruce" them up a bit, I can add some sloppy bass tracks and off-key backing vocals.

We'd be like Playing For Change, only Playing For... Tits :?

mynameisbob84 said:
RogueWarrior said:
mynameisbob84 said:

We'd be like Playing For Change, only Playing For... Tits :?

Have a suspicion we may go tit-broke.

Reactions: emptiedglass
Status
Not open for further replies.