AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Too Creepy or Great Idea

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2014
I've had an idea for quite some time and I'm looking for some advice. First a little back story...

Breast cancer runs in the family. My mom is a breast cancer survivor and my grandma on my dads side passed away from complications of breast cancer 25 years ago. Breast cancer research is going strong but they could always use more funding. While the ALS challenge was happening I was thinking that a viral option would be great for breast cancer research down the road.

Resent research is suggesting that constrictive bras may be contributing the instances of breast cancer. Whether it turns out to be a fact or not, it gave me an idea for a possible viral fundraising opportunity...

My idea is Bra Free 2 Fight Breast Cancer. Here's how it works. Individuals take a photo of themselves bra free (these are completely non sexual) in public locations (city park, street corner etc...). The location that the image is taken is determined by other individual sponsors. A website will be created and sponsors will designate a public location that they want to use for sponsorship. They will donate any amount of money to sponsor a location. All money donated will be given to breast cancer research. The sponsor can tag (an email will be sent to them) an individual to have a picture taken or they can leave it open to anyone. The bra free picture / pictures (again in no way a sexual image) is uploaded to the location.

I have two questions.

First is this too creepy to be a good idea? Personally I think it would be a good way to raise money and awareness that bras could possibly contribute to cancer.

Second, if it is a good idea then I would need people willing to help get it off the ground. These would be several photos taken at various public locations. Basically if you're willing to take a picture at a public place then we'll add it to the directory to help give it a kick start. In addition, having a few models images for use as graphics on the website would be better than stock images. Send me a private message if you would be willing to help get this started.

1. Please link us to the research paper supporting this suggestion. As someone that majored in cancer biology this sounds like bad science.

2. You are speaking to a group of girls that highly values their privacy. Why would we post sexualizing pics of ourselves disclosing our public location.

This really just sounds like you're trying to get free photos of braless girls in public places or fish out the girls who are willing to do something like that for your own pleasure.

Sorry, I'm a cynical twat because I've seen this same game played before in camrooms. :speechless:
My vote goes towards Too Creepy.

Not a fan. Dudes are not spreading their cheeks and showing their assholes to raise money for colon cancer. Why do we have to cute-ify and sex-ify breast cancer?

Coming from a dude this sort of thing sounds creepy. Maybe if it had come from another model it would be better recieved but it's not an inherantly bad idea. I know 3 people who have died from breast cancer and anything that actually helps raise money is fine by me.

I think you'd be better off finding a woman who can be the face of your movement which would probably make women feel more comfortable and more likely to want to get involved themselves.

Oh also use someone other than cam models as your starting point.

Claim the photos are "non sexual" all you want, but the idea you have presented is still sexualizing breast cancer.

Overall, this screams "sketchy" and "gross."

parks-and-recreation.gif

I agree with @Luxy Reid and Google here, buddy.

bullfuckingshit.jpg

1) You're being horribly fucking creepy.
2) If you genuinely want to help cancer research, raise awareness by donating to established (and well-vetted) causes.
3) You're being really fucking creepy. You're sexualizing it, and we can smell it from a mile away.
4) If bras cause cancer, so do underpants. Why don't you take pictures of you going commando in public? Because testicular cancer. Amirite?
5) Like @Picnic said (nicer than I will), you're sexualizing cancer, you fuckwit..

"Oh bbs! New idea to help cancer! Please post pictures of you braless in public locations. It's for a good cause, I swear!!!"

zBVkLZi.gif

I think this is a great idea! But that is only cuz im a perv and I wanna represent.
In all fairness the guys would have to represent too and that is kinda creepy.....
There was an article online a while ago about women bearing her breasts to support her sports team! Go team wo ho!
My vote is to support breast cancer without a parade.

Wearing wired bras for long periods of time MIGHT cause cysts to form because of the pressure. Let's post pictures of cysts to warn against the dangers of bras!

Okay, so I'm relieved that I'm not the only one who saw this thread earlier today and thought
frabz-Da-Fuck-Is-this-shit-a3a87c.jpg

In a culture that sees no problem spending countless millions of dollars dressing up sports stars and celebrities in pink every October in the name of "awareness", I'd be shocked if anyone wasn't already aware of breast cancer as an issue. Creepy or not, I don't think there's any need for some grassroots effort to get women out of their underwear in the name of more "awareness".

Why do we have to cute-ify and sex-ify breast cancer?

Good question. My gut feeling is because of inherent institutional misogyny. All these sorts of campaigns always feel a little bit like what they're saying is, "Guys like boobs, and maybe they even like the women attached to those boobs! We should do something to focus on all the boobs, and try to stop boobs from falling victim to cancer. Oh, and the women attached to those boobs might benefit, too!"

In a culture that sees no problem spending countless millions of dollars dressing up sports stars and celebrities in pink every October in the name of "awareness", I'd be shocked if anyone wasn't already aware of breast cancer as an issue. Creepy or not, I don't think there's any need for some grassroots effort to get women out of their underwear in the name of more "awareness".

Good question. My gut feeling is because of inherent institutional misogyny. All these sorts of campaigns always feel a little bit like what they're saying is, "Guys like boobs, and maybe they even like the women attached to those boobs! We should do something to focus on all the boobs, and try to stop boobs from falling victim to cancer. Oh, and the women attached to those boobs might benefit, too!"

Agreed. Also for all of the "awareness", I'm sure everyone in North America is aware that breast cancer exists, yet I had to google how to give myself a breast exam. All of those opportunities to raise actual awareness but it's really just colouring everything pink and donating 5% of the profits. Not cool.

Sorry to hear about your mother's struggle.

Lost my mother. Grandmother had a double mastectomy. And Grandpa had just godawful hemorrhoids for decades (at least to hear him tell it).

Men get breast cancer too. I certainly don't want to get it, and would consider helping you a preventative measure. If only for the sake of self-preservation, I am willing to throw the full weight of my moobs behind your efforts.

How public do the shots need to be? I've already been warned to stay away from the local park, so that's out, but I would be willing to risk a quick selfie or two from a Walmart dressing room.

I find the absolute WEIRDEST THING (and there are a lot of weird things about this) is that you want to spread awareness of going bra free for breast cancer purposes... when it's unclear if that's even true? That's a lot of time, money, and effort, asked of many people nonetheless, for possible misinformation.

If you really care about breast cancer, donate your personal time and money to a worthwhile organization. I promise you'll do a lot more for the cause than whatever this is supposed to be.

EDIT: Oh! Almost forgot. Tied for second is how you wanted it to be completely non-sexual but first came to camgirls to kickstart it? If regular women found out you paid off the adult industry to take the initial photos, wouldn't that imply that you want the regular women's photos for sexual purposes?

Individuals take a photo of themselves bra free (these are completely non sexual) in public locations (city park, street corner etc...). The location that the image is taken is determined by other individual sponsors. A website will be created and sponsors will designate a public location that they want to use for sponsorship. They will donate any amount of money to sponsor a location. All money donated will be given to breast cancer research. The sponsor can tag (an email will be sent to them) an individual to have a picture taken or they can leave it open to anyone.

Camgirls spend half their day fending off guys who want to meet them and stalkers doing everything they can trying to pinpoint their locations. Not only is this incredibly creepy, it could get someone killed. It's unbelievable the lengths some men will go to track us down.

You want to get someone arrested for public indecency lol good one. Girls lets get our tits out !!!!
Eh, wasn't the idea they'd be clothed... just bra less?
Plenty of women do that on a day to day basis.

I think everyone has already covered the main points, so all i'd say would be... why bring this up on this site if you had the idea? Why not bring it up on a cancer awareness site. Or reddit. Or other locations.

The choice of location to float your idea gives an insight into your underlying motivation - you perv :D

Eh, wasn't the idea they'd be clothed... just bra less?
Plenty of women do that on a day to day basis.

I think everyone has already covered the main points, so all i'd say would be... why bring this up on this site if you had the idea? Why not bring it up on a cancer awareness site. Or reddit. Or other locations.

The choice of location to float your idea gives an insight into your underlying motivation - you perv :D
My bad I miss read it. Even so what cam girl is going to do that and risk her location getting out. Plus plenty of guys get off just knowing your not wearing a bra. So it's still creepy to be specifically asking cam girls to do this.

If you want to help breast cancer research, donate to breast cancer research organizations yourself. Your idea comes off as incredibly creepy/sleazy, and makes it seem like you just want to see pictures of girls without a bra on. When you're writing a post about something actually non-sexual, you don't have to remind everyone that it's not sexual over and over.

.... As I recall.... there was a "movement" to get women out of their bras back in the 70's too. The whole burn your bra thing was hippie inspired just for .. uhm.. "freedom". In that spirit, please feel free to " set them free" if you so desire.. :angel: :clap: :bag:

• Funny!
Reactions: JickyJuly
You remind me of Matt in the movie Grind. He, also, couldn't figure out why women thought he was a douchecreep.

It's kind of cool people can embed youtube movie trailers in their posts here on the forum. I run across quite a few movies I've never heard of that look interesting enough for me to watch.

This was not one of those times. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.