AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Turn offs- things members do that stop the show

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AmberCutie said:
zippypinhead said:
Leaving for the night seems like a bit of an overreaction to a short celebratory, if a bit non sequitur, declaration of IRL goings on. Maybe her leaving right at that point was more of a coincidence?
If I had to guess into this mystery situation, I'd say the model probably already was struggling to get the sort of attention in the room that she prefers. You know, where she's dancing around naked and getting a tip now and then, and having people include her in the conversation.

Maybe the comments about baseball, after 30 minutes of conversation she already wasn't involved in in the chat room and everyone ignoring her dancing, were the straw that broke the camel's back.
You know what we fail to do too often as members is put ourselves in the Models place, - we fail to empathize. I have seen, and been involved in conversations too many times where it seems like everyone in the room has forgotten where they are, - where everyone has got swept up in something that leaves the Model ignored. I don't think these things are done intentionally, or with any aim to leave the Model out, and it is easy to think it is no big deal - we aren't being disrespectful, or, are we? If we remind our self that being in a Model's room is like being in a night club to see someone entertain, or being in an auditorium where there is a performance taking place, I think from that POV, we would have to see the act of, "not giving our full attention to the entertainer/s", as being pretty disrespectful. (add the nature of the entertainment be offered, and how directly that must feel connected to self worth, and it is understandable why so many don't last very long.)

When I first thought about this, I pictured some smoky strip bar with a stripper dancing in front of a table full of rude drunken bastards that are paying absolutely no attention to her, and tried to imagine how that must feel as a woman. I have been one of those bastards, and sometimes still am, but I try to not forget where I am. And do not think it is out of line to remind others to think about where they are, when I see they have forgotten, or I catch myself being disrespectful.

camstory said:
When I first thought about this, I pictured some smoky strip bar with a stripper dancing in front of a table full of rude drunken bastards that are paying absolutely no attention to her, and tried to imagine how that must feel as a woman. I have been one of those bastards, and sometimes still am, but I try to not forget where I am. And do not think it is out of line to remind others to think about where they are, when I see they have forgotten, or I catch myself being disrespectful.

this sir! i can promise you that nothing pisses off an exotic dancer like that! they always dislike the asshats with busy hands, but the ladies i protected got sooo damn mad when they got ignored like that! if you go sit stage side, or get a table dance by gods pay attention lol. and i too liken a show to a table or private dance in that regard

Cant count the number of times I've seen the look of consternation on a models face because the idiot jocks are talking sports instead of to her. Many times I've even see the model try to join in and grab attention only to be essentially dismissed from the "mens club" with some condescending remark about 'bring us some samiches and beers'... I'd not only shut the cam off but ban them as well... Theres so much more to life than sporting contests and when you dont have the class to realize the woman in front of you naked isnt into whatever game it is, then you need some mental restructuring.

To the OP.. lately there seems to be a member that does nothing but post guy/guy gay emotes in girls rooms... the majority of the time it does stop the room.

For me, the only thing a member can do to annoy me enough to affect my orgasm is trying to white knight on my behalf. Only I get to tell people to shut up, and I enjoy doing it with my little "shhh". If a member tries to tell people to shut up I actually feel rage. Pure, unbridled rage. Telling other people to shut up is NOT SHUTTING UP and is only instigating a fight you fucking moron! Mister "mmmm" really isn't affecting anyone!
Lesson of the day, let the model handle her room and just tip and enjoy the show.

PlayboyMegan said:
I get this a lot during group.
I'm almost about to cum, half way in the show, a new guy gets in the room and says, "Hey, how are you?"
Really?? REALLY?! :woops:

Yes, that is disturbing for the members too.

SoTxBob said:
Cant count the number of times I've seen the look of consternation on a models face because the idiot jocks are talking sports instead of to her. Many times I've even see the model try to join in and grab attention only to be essentially dismissed from the "mens club" with some condescending remark about 'bring us some samiches and beers'... I'd not only shut the cam off but ban them as well... Theres so much more to life than sporting contests and when you dont have the class to realize the woman in front of you naked isnt into whatever game it is, then you need some mental restructuring.
Can I just add that this can potentitally be applied to every topic (not only sports).
When there's a whole screen full of chatter about one particular topic, and the model hasn't said one word about it, clearly there's something wrong. Either the topic doesn't interest her or she doesn't know enough about it to contribute something, or it's making her uncomfortable. Either way, stop it. Change the subject.

JoleneBrody said:
For me, the only thing a member can do to annoy me enough to affect my orgasm is trying to white knight on my behalf. Only I get to tell people to shut up, and I enjoy doing it with my little "shhh". If a member tries to tell people to shut up I actually feel rage. Pure, unbridled rage. Telling other people to shut up is NOT SHUTTING UP and is only instigating a fight you fucking moron! Mister "mmmm" really isn't affecting anyone!
Lesson of the day, let the model handle her room and just tip and enjoy the show.
JJ, I totally understand what you are talking about, and the way in which you handle your room with just, "shhh" is quite impressive to me. But there are Models who don't have the control or confidence you have, and I think there are times in those rooms when it is appropriate for a member to say something, or, white knighting, if you want to call it that. Again, I can't imagine when that would ever make sense in your room.

That is only part of what I want to say though. Let me preface this, by saying I don't want to start some sort of quarrel or to stir up any turmoil, but I have to ask if you are angry for some reason? I ask because I have seen post from you in the last few weeks that feel very angry, even hostile? Maybe you are just getting feed up with the bullshit in general, which I can understand. Maybe you aren't aware of it? Maybe it's just me, I don't know? You know how much I like you, and I'm just wondering if there is something you want to say? (which might be, "Fuck off, and mind your own business", I don't know, just putting it out there.)

camstory said:
JoleneBrody said:
JJ, I totally understand what you are talking about, and the way in which you handle your room with just, "shhh" is quite impressive to me. But there are Models who don't have the control or confidence you have, and I think there are times in those rooms when it is appropriate for a member to say something, or, white knighting, if you want to call it that. Again, I can't imagine when that would ever make sense in your room.

That is only part of what I want to say though. Let me preface this, by saying I don't want to start some sort of quarrel or to stir up any turmoil, but I have to ask if you are angry for some reason? I ask because I have seen post from you in the last few weeks that feel very angry, even hostile? Maybe you are just getting feed up with the bullshit in general, which I can understand. Maybe you aren't aware of it? Maybe it's just me, I don't know? You know how much I like you, and I'm just wondering if there is something you want to say? (which might be, "Fuck off, and mind your own business", I don't know, just putting it out there.)

Are you kidding me with this right now? :banghead:
Seriously that second part would have been better suited in a pm. It's in poor manners to post something like this publicly, especially when her original post seemed pretty normal to me.
Turn off your brain for a while there Dr Phil, you're thinking way too deeply into things.

Definate PM material that second paragraph! and it appears JJ covered that base with "let the model manage here room" bit

anyways, on White Knights, always a good excuse for this :lol: :
618px-Whiteknight.gif

JoleneBrody said:
And the shhh often works quite well... except when some idiot thinks you're directing it towards some unseen guy behind the camera. ;)

I blatantly ignore my chat screen during shows unless I hear the tip sound.

What really ruins it for me is rape jokes. I stopped a show once because someone decided to pull, "Wow, I'm going to totally rape that juicy pussy of yours bb when I see you."

No, no... you're not EVER going to see me, and rape is not okay.

Ummm sorry I didn't respond sooner but my tardiness is a great example of what I'm about to explain.
I'll respond publicly because the answer to cams question is "no" but if anyone else has wondered the same they can also get clarification.

I'm an extremely busy person already, taking up my entire day (literally) on cam days. I usually do two shows a day and that has me going from the time I wake up at 9 til midnight. I'm desperately trying to have a life off cam in my days off in top if that, away from "JJ" so I may only take time to respond to something I feel passionately about. If that comes off as hostility I'm sorry but I'm just not going to be posting as much anymore unless I feel it's important.

And it's never ok to white knight IMO. Doing so for models who can't stand up for themselves is only going to hurt her more and keep her from growing.

I hesitate to address this, but I'm going to. I'm not sure what everyone's definition of "white knighting" is; probably it differs between people, but I think what's appropriate depends on the situation. Sure, it's not good for a member to appoint himself the guardian of the room and lord it over every newcomer who dares to say something. On the other hand, if someone shows up and starts posting spurting dicks or similar, I don't think it's out of line for a regular to tell him to cut that shit out -- that's something that disturbs lots of members, not just models.

In general, I think it's best to get to know the model and what her preferences are before getting involved in anything. If it's someone like JJ, who prefers to handle everything herself, I'll respect her wishes. There are some models, though, who are fine with regulars stepping in if someone's being an obvious jackass. If that's the case, I might say something, and I see no problem with that. In at least one room, where I'm a regular, it's something of a sport to mock people who come in and make ridiculous demands or otherwise act like complete creeps. I'm certain the model is fine with this because she joins in. She's actually very nice, but this is her (and our) way of dealing with "problem children" without spoiling the vibe of the room.

HarmlessSquirrel said:
I hesitate to address this, but I'm going to. I'm not sure what everyone's definition of "white knighting" is; probably it differs between people, but I think what's appropriate depends on the situation. Sure, it's not good for a member to appoint himself the guardian of the room and lord it over every newcomer who dares to say something. On the other hand, if someone shows up and starts posting spurting dicks or similar, I don't think it's out of line for a regular to tell him to cut that shit out -- that's something that disturbs lots of members, not just models.

In general, I think it's best to get to know the model and what her preferences are before getting involved in anything. If it's someone like JJ, who prefers to handle everything herself, I'll respect her wishes. There are some models, though, who are fine with regulars stepping in if someone's being an obvious jackass. If that's the case, I might say something, and I see no problem with that. In at least one room, where I'm a regular, it's something of a sport to mock people who come in and make ridiculous demands or otherwise act like complete creeps. I'm certain the model is fine with this because she joins in. She's actually very nice, but this is her (and our) way of dealing with "problem children" without spoiling the vibe of the room.

I don't mind if my cam regulars tell others to tip. To me, I feel like I'm begging less if my regs try and spur others to do it as well. I've noticed men are more likely to listen to men's suggestions than a female's (probably sexist, but it's true from my dealings on cam.)

It's when they try and direct me, tell others to tip, AND generally control the chat when it really gets to me.

TeaganO'Holloran said:
HarmlessSquirrel said:

I don't mind if my cam regulars tell others to tip. To me, I feel like I'm begging less if my regs try and spur others to do it as well. I've noticed men are more likely to listen to men's suggestions than a female's (probably sexist, but it's true from my dealings on cam.)

It's when they try and direct me, tell others to tip, AND generally control the chat when it really gets to me.

I actually dont think members telling other members to tip is generally a good idea. I know Im certainly less likely to tip if another member is telling me to.

Especially if the model doesnt tell that member to cut that shit out.

Idk, maybe its just me, but in my opinion, unless youre the one putting on the show/giving company/offering a service then its no ones place to tell someone else to tip.

Id be pretty irritated if one of my regulars (or newcomer) told people to tip :dontknow:

AnaVictoriaXO said:
TeaganO'Holloran said:
HarmlessSquirrel said:

I actually dont think members telling other members to tip is generally a good idea. I know Im certainly less likely to tip if another member is telling me to.

Especially if the model doesnt tell that member to cut that shit out.

Idk, maybe its just me, but in my opinion, unless youre the one putting on the show/giving company/offering a service then its no ones place to tell someone else to tip.

Id be pretty irritated if one of my regulars (or newcomer) told people to tip :dontknow:

Fair enough. I just get so little tips that anyone else trying to help generally makes things better. I am not the most popular camgirl in the world, lol!

Reactions: LadyLuna
TeaganO'Holloran said:
Fair enough. I just get so little tips that anyone else trying to help generally makes things better. I am not the most popular camgirl in the world, lol!

No, I totally understand where you are coming from. I mean, no model likes having to remind others to contribute. I just meant what I said from my personal point of view. I certainly cant speak for everyone else!

If it helps bring in tips then more power to you and the guys helping you out.

But one thing that I think is never acceptable is when someone who never tips says this, lol. While its not something I like, Id be much more apt to tolerate an actual tipper telling others then I would someone who hasn't spent a dime (or in this case, nickel :lol: )

camstory said:
AmberCutie said:
zippypinhead said:
Leaving for the night seems like a bit of an overreaction to a short celebratory, if a bit non sequitur, declaration of IRL goings on. Maybe her leaving right at that point was more of a coincidence?
If I had to guess into this mystery situation, I'd say the model probably already was struggling to get the sort of attention in the room that she prefers. You know, where she's dancing around naked and getting a tip now and then, and having people include her in the conversation.

Maybe the comments about baseball, after 30 minutes of conversation she already wasn't involved in in the chat room and everyone ignoring her dancing, were the straw that broke the camel's back.
You know what we fail to do too often as members is put ourselves in the Models place, - we fail to empathize. I have seen, and been involved in conversations too many times where it seems like everyone in the room has forgotten where they are, - where everyone has got swept up in something that leaves the Model ignored. I don't think these things are done intentionally, or with any aim to leave the Model out, and it is easy to think it is no big deal - we aren't being disrespectful, or, are we? If we remind our self that being in a Model's room is like being in a night club to see someone entertain, or being in an auditorium where there is a performance taking place, I think from that POV, we would have to see the act of, "not giving our full attention to the entertainer/s", as being pretty disrespectful. (add the nature of the entertainment be offered, and how directly that must feel connected to self worth, and it is understandable why so many don't last very long.)

On this, when someone is in my room, they are actually in my room. In my bedroom. I am inviting members to share an intimate space with me. If the room chat segues in a direction that doesn't interest me, or offends me, I point that out (I guess in a light handed manner), and get it back to where I am happy.

For me the biggest turn off is when members talk about me like I am not there. I am not a performing monkey at the zoo for people to point at and watch behind the glass. I am right there, in that room with you. We are sharing the energy, creating it together.

Oh! One thing I left out of my post that is super important! The white knighting I was speaking of was from new members I do not know who joined my room during a public show, 99.9% of the time not contributing with tips.
While I would still be annoyed with my regulars fluffing up like peacocks and ruining my vibe, my pals are pretty good are following my cues so I have no experience there.

Penis emotes.

Someone trying to order me around while I'm in the middle of the show. I don't understand MFC, there is ALWAYS 1 or 2.

Someone being rude in the middle of a show (obviously) as I can't help but stop and ban, which pisses me off as others paid for the show.

Someone constantly dirty talking me while in the middle of a show, if it's in a tip note and it's private I don't mind, but when the whole room can see... even if it's a tipper, I find it really weird.

When someone's said something in the room and then my regulars get on them. The guy's a cheaparse, he can f off, but as long as he's not said something negative about me then them getting in a huff publicly is sooo distracting!

The when you go into private and literally you've just started playing and someone starts telling you to cum. Erm... no? If you want to see me orgasm then give me time.

Someone telling me to do anal mid show. Awkward much? If you want anal, talk about it first!

Someone trying to persuade me to meet them during a private. Not so easy to be sexy and do a good private when you're also telling someone "no, I will never meet you nor fuck you".

Guys pestering me about my whereabouts. Guys pestering me about my sex life/relationship status. Guys pestering me full stop.

Guys who are tipping trying to get me to view their cam. I don't watch cams and I really don't want to do it. Even if someone is clothed. Very occasionally a quick look is ok if I'm not actually camming, but I find it very awkward. It seems a bit rude though to say to someone "no I really would rather not see your face" who you've been chatting to/getting along with. I don't care if they're handsome or ugly. It's not to do with that.

MsAllyCat said:
For me the biggest turn off is when members talk about me like I am not there. I am not a performing monkey at the zoo for people to point at and watch behind the glass. I am right there, in that room with you. We are sharing the energy, creating it together.

I hate that shit too.

Reactions: MsAllyCat
JoleneBrody said:
Oh! One thing I left out of my post that is super important! The white knighting I was speaking of was from new members I do not know who joined my room during a public show, 99.9% of the time not contributing with tips.
While I would still be annoyed with my regulars fluffing up like peacocks and ruining my vibe, my pals are pretty good are following my cues so I have no experience there.

:whistle: JJ's Room Rule #69 (yeah, I did that on purpose) "Do...not...engage!! *Smile* *Wink*"

Reactions: JoleneBrody
AnaVictoriaXO said:
TeaganO'Holloran said:

No, I totally understand where you are coming from. I mean, no model likes having to remind others to contribute. I just meant what I said from my personal point of view. I certainly cant speak for everyone else!

If it helps bring in tips then more power to you and the guys helping you out.

But one thing that I think is never acceptable is when someone who never tips says this, lol. While its not something I like, Id be much more apt to tolerate an actual tipper telling others then I would someone who hasn't spent a dime (or in this case, nickel :lol: )

Oh, that I totally get. I hate when I have 100 tokens left until a countdown finishes and some basic comes in and is like, "Hey, guys! She has 100 left to go! Somebody tip her!"

If you aren't willing to even go premium, don't complain that other people aren't tipping. You aren't, either!

I have a couple regulars who have come in and spent all their tokens on me, and have been the ONLY ones tipping, and then have said, "Hey, guys... I'm out. If you guys could please help out? Thanks." I don't think that's white-knighting. I think that's okay.

But the example of the basic drives me crazy.

TeaganO'Holloran said:
Oh, that I totally get. I hate when I have 100 tokens left until a countdown finishes and some basic comes in and is like, "Hey, guys! She has 100 left to go! Somebody tip her!"

If you aren't willing to even go premium, don't complain that other people aren't tipping. You aren't, either!

I have a couple regulars who have come in and spent all their tokens on me, and have been the ONLY ones tipping, and then have said, "Hey, guys... I'm out. If you guys could please help out? Thanks." I don't think that's white-knighting. I think that's okay.

But the example of the basic drives me crazy.

I am with you Teagan. There is the basic or $20 premium who are being assholes that are urging everybody else to tip. On the other hand if it is me and 3 or 4 other guys tipping for a show (and lately for models with under 7,000 camscores it seems to be that way.) At some point I'm going to throw in the towel and say naw this show ain't happening, especially at the point when the model start talking about how she needs to get off cam soon cause she is tired, needs to get up early, or her camscore is dying. But before I think this is hopeless and say gee I invested 100,200, 500 tokens in a countdown that failed, I like to make an appeal for the others to contribute.

Having been on the other side of the appeal I know it has worked on me sometimes.

HiGirlsRHot said:
I am with you Teagan. There is the basic or $20 premium who are being assholes that are urging everybody else to tip. On the other hand if it is me and 3 or 4 other guys tipping for a show (and lately for models with under 7,000 camscores it seems to be that way.) At some point I'm going to throw in the towel and say naw this show ain't happening, especially at the point when the model start talking about how she needs to get off cam soon cause she is tired, needs to get up early, or her camscore is dying. But before I think this is hopeless and say gee I invested 100,200, 500 tokens in a countdown that failed, I like to make an appeal for the others to contribute.

Having been on the other side of the appeal I know it has worked on me sometimes.

Whenever you suggest others tip you always do it in a tip note.

If it's a member talking about my vids/saying how worth it they are and encouraging people to tip (as long as they actually tip themselves) then that's absolutely cool. If I'm having a bit of a jest/joke at someone stupid in my room, as long as there's no nastiness them members following my lead is ok. If someone says something really nasty in my room, as in really obviously nasty troll behaviour, that is the ONLY time that members are allowed to rise to my defence. I don't mind if someone's being a bit of a douche some light sarcasm, I think I am definitely guilty of this when I'm in friends rooms and someone's a bit of a tool. It's a habit from being a camgirl that I instantly react, I do try and tone it down though, and members don't seem to care as much when it comes from another model... in fact I should really learn to keep my mouth shut as they just seem to start messaging me loads wanting to be friends. It's a bad habit all round though because you don't know what the persons reaction will be.

Someone once came to my room and made one of the typical comments and one of my members said something about him being banned, the member got really uppity and said he'd obviously been joking and left. Now for a member I don't know to make one of those comments it's a bit weird, but the member had over 50k tokens. Now I don't think he was planning on tipping any of those to me, I have a feeling he may be someone who likes walking around with fuck loads of bling so everyone sucks up to him. Most guys who are tippers wouldn't have that many tokens showing, and if you're planning on tipping that much, it'd probably be saving for a big to to a favourite. Even so, my regular scared that member away by rising to it so quickly. I had words with the regular and he's never done it again.

Trolls are a models job to handle. I, like JJ, get really annoyed when I'm doing a show and I see people telling off other people in that kind of way. That person might be a douche, but now all the people watching that show have seen my regulars kick off at someone. It's not a great example of my room or an invitation to join in on the fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.