AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

TWITTER: Promo Approach

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deblackivory

Inactive Cam Model
Jul 8, 2016
Canada
Twitter Username
@deblackivory
Tumblr Username
ownednotslave
MFC Username
deblackivory
Hello,

I recently started doing webcam few weeks ago and I am looking into advertising myself. The only social media that I've been using is Tumblr where I have about 7k followers but it's more personal. I just opened up Twitter last week and I currently only have 24 followers. I'm not... exactly good with Twitter.

I've only been grabbing Promo's attention and today one approached me who rubbed me off wrong. I wanted to reach out to models who use twitter to advertise to see if I should of taken advantage of promo or not.

He twitted one of my content with a "Hello"
and I replied, "There is literally nothing more than I love finding blog that focus on high heels and hot chicks (and dude) so hola~!:h:"

Then he DMed me thanking me.
Him: "Ty. Are you MFC model, right?"
Me: Yes I am~!
Him: "Nice" *Insert my recent photoshoot* This is you?"
Me: "Yes~ it is. I never post things that isn't me."
Him: "Look what I will need from you.."
"I need that pic and position to retake it, wearing highheels on, and good lights"
"We need daily 2-3 pictured of you naked exposed wearing high heels"
"Your mfc cam link"
"And to tell me here each time when you go online"
"You will get back a super promo as EXCLUSIVE # (censored)"
"And superboost over MFC and twitter"

I ignored him for a while since I was getting uneasy feeling like I was selling my soul to a perverted devil.

Him: "So.. agreed?"
Me: "Thank you but no thank you~"
Him: "You don't want promo?"
Me: "No thank you." while I had to backspace me telling him off to remain polite.

So uhm... am I paranoid? Am I crazy? Or do I really need promo to get more followers? He only have 305 followers at the moment. It's not really important for me to get followers but what matter is to have regulars who would be interested in me.

Reactions: Magnolia and Gen
If you're brand new to Twitter, there may be some pointers you can take advantage of on this page of our wiki - https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Twitter

It also mentions Promoters

• There are some "promoters" who will retweet your pics and promotional tweets and help you gain more followers. The good ones ask for nothing in return, except maybe the occasional fan sign to their public timeline. Easy enough! But there are some fake or scammy "promoters" that do you no good to interact with. If an account approaches you and asks you for promotional material such as private fan signs, free videos or Skype sessions in exchange for promotion, block them. Pick and choose the social media promoters you interact with carefully.

We also have threads about good promoters vs. shitty promoters.

But the nutshell is: no you don't NEED them to grow your fan base, but some are helpful and you have to pick and choose the ones you interact with based on their reputation within the community as well as how much they ask for in return.

Oh, also, avoid TeamCamGirls at all costs.

Yeah...promoters often equal guys who want free stuff.

*Edit nvmd Amber beat me to it. ^.^;

Hello,

I recently started doing webcam few weeks ago and I am looking into advertising myself. The only social media that I've been using is Tumblr where I have about 7k followers but it's more personal. I just opened up Twitter last week and I currently only have 24 followers. I'm not... exactly good with Twitter.

I've only been grabbing Promo's attention and today one approached me who rubbed me off wrong. I wanted to reach out to models who use twitter to advertise to see if I should of taken advantage of promo or not.

and I replied, "There is literally nothing more than I love finding blog that focus on high heels and hot chicks (and dude) so hola~!:h:"

"I need that pic and position to retake it, wearing highheels on, and good lights"
"Your mfc cam link"

I ignored him for a while since I was getting uneasy feeling like I was selling my soul to a perverted devil.

Me: "No thank you." while I had to backspace me telling him off to remain polite.

So uhm... am I paranoid? Am I crazy? Or do I really need promo to get more followers? He only have 305 followers at the moment. It's not really important for me to get followers but what matter is to have regulars who would be interested in me.

I wouldn't do shit for him or any promoter. He's basically asking for his own custom pictures--for free! You do not need promoters. I have a lot of followers and never personally submitted photos of me to anyone. The promoters who have used me tend do just retweet something of mine, even then I don't really pay much attention to them/give them dm access. I think the best promotions can be done by having other camgirls retweeting your images! There's a list somewhere on acf of promoters girls have had a positive experience with.

Hello,

"Your mfc cam link"

Oh dear. A promo account worth anything will have 5 figure followers. Period.

Tweet me, I'll retweet you :) Edited to add... I just found your twitter and made you a tweet and a retweet. to my 100k followers. And you don't have to send me nudes LOL. Also you're absolutely stunning and I love anal hooks. I just wanted to mention that.

Twitter is interactive, you'll get followers by being a 'real' person on twitter. Promoters are NOT NECESSARY TO SUCCEED ON TWITTER. Period. NEVER do anything special for a promoter .. the most you ever should need to do is make a sign with their name on it or something. There are many many icky promoters out there. The gall of that guy with 300 followers to demand you do shit for him for promotion LOL. Your gut was very very right.

The best way to make twitter followers:

Post relevant content - Pics of you etc.
Be a real person. Talk to people. Make sure your twitter feed is approachable, positive and not spammy.
Interact with other models and the cam community. Models early on retweeting me etc was how I go tthe most followers - and they are relevant followers. Ppl that already follow camgirls... many that are site members etc.

And patience.. it takes time, it has a snowball effect.

Ahhh!!! I'm trying so hard not to let the tears fall from my eyes from the instant reply to this thread.

Thank you guys for the support, feedback, suggestion and helpful links (I'm seriously going to read them now). It mean a lot to me. Darn me being a Pisces since I easily feel warm and fuzzy. Sniffle. Uh-uhm... I'm.. just... going.. to read the links. Thank you again!

Twitter is interactive, you'll get followers by being a 'real' person on twitter. Promoters are NOT NECESSARY TO SUCCEED ON TWITTER. Period. NEVER do anything special for a promoter .. the most you ever should need to do is make a sign with their name on it or something. There are many many icky promoters out there. The gall of that guy with 300 followers to demand you do shit for him for promotion LOL. Your gut was very very right.

The best way to make twitter followers:

Post relevant content - Pics of you etc.
Be a real person. Talk to people. Make sure your twitter feed is approachable, positive and not spammy.
Interact with other models and the cam community. Models early on retweeting me etc was how I go tthe most followers - and they are relevant followers. Ppl that already follow camgirls... many that are site members etc.

And patience.. it takes time, it has a snowball effect.
yeah that.gif

Fo sho.

Status
Not open for further replies.