AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Twitter/Tumblr Etiquette

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

curvyredhead

Cam Model
Apr 30, 2012
New York Fucking City
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@curvyredhead89
Tumblr Username
CurvyRedheadSexy
MFC Username
CurvyRedhead
Streamate Username
CurvyRedhead
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/41/CurvyRedhead/
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/studio/61989/CurvyRedhead
So, I am sure we all have different ideas about what is/is not proper on twitter and tumblr.
I would love to know your opinions about some big NO NO's in your book!

For example I think re-blogging on tumblr and removing links put there (to profile etc) or changing the source of the picture to promote themselves...is a BIG no no in my book.

I started this thread after getting really frustrated at a girl (who I don't really know and have never actually seen on cam etc) msg to me on tumblr.

She was basically asking me to re-blog her content. Not a big deal right I guess right? Expect she asks me to do this a couple times a day! In addition she asks me to re-tweet her on twitter murmurous times a day, including tweets to when she is LIVE on cam....while I am on cam LIVE.

Meanwhile, I go to her tumblr to follow her and check out some sexy pictures..and I see a bunch of re-blogged content without any credit given. Some of the girls I recognized...some of it was clearly capped videos from live shows on MFC. With negative comments comparing herself to these girls.

I could not help myself. When replaying to her tumblr question asking me to re-blog her content...I mentioned its really not necessary to do that, and how i think i would be best to give credit to the girls.

Still waiting to hear back.

Although I see no issue with asking to be reblogged/retweeted, I feel like asking for a retweet/reblog from a specific person is not cool, especially if both models are live at the same time.

I retweet/reblog things I like from models I like. If I reblog something from anyone, I leave whatever links/source they posted with.

Soliciting re-blogs/retweets seems tacky and rude to me. Removing source, click through and credit links on tumblr is just downright rude. :naughty: Gets my panties twisted faster than sitting on a power drill.

1. It makes me sad when I see girls pics/content re-tweeted on Twitter with their @name removed. When I see a hot picture, first thing I want to do is see who it belongs to and follow them, or at least tell them how hot I think they are. When names/credit is removed, that's FOUL. I see this done frequently to gain followers, and it disgusts me.

2. When girls/people outright ask me to retweet them directly, it makes me wanna slap-a-bitch. Don't ask directly. If your shit is worth retweeting, it will get retweeted. Work on your content and make it worthy, then get to know people on Twitter. If they like you, they'll follow you. Then, if they like your shit, they'll retweet it.

3. Posting pics/content and generally saying "retweet this if you like it" or any sort of vague request like that is GOOD. Do that. If no one retweets it: you have too few followers or your shit isn't awesome enough yet. Work on your marketing skills.

4. I have no comment on Tumblr stuff because I don't have one and am not a fan of that blog site. It's too messy and impersonal for my tastes.

Tumblr:

♥ Some people do not like the clickthrough links, so they remove all clickthrough links on everything they reblog. Because the original poster is already permanently shown, removing the image link is not always a bad thing. However:
-♥ If you are reblogging other models, don't remove the clickthrough link. It is respectful to allow your fellow models to promote themselves the best way they see fit.
-♥ If you see a great image and you want to use it to promote yourself, well, too bad? It's always great to see new and interesting reblogs, but the woman/photographer who took the original photo is the one who should receive credit. Don't reblog a photo of another woman's breasts or legs and add text that promotes your blog or camroom.
-♥ If there is text beneath the photograph, like, "Come see Evvie's big round bottom at streamate!" you should not delete it, even if you do not add your own text.

I have still not heard back from the girl about the tumblr situation...although I can not help but notice she has not actually stopped comparing herself to other specific cam models. So, I kinda want nothing to do with her.

I do as Amber suggested and ask for general "retweet if you like" etc type stuff. If it is new content i will often seek out twitter "pimpers or promoters" that are looking for content to retweet from other girls if you tag them with a photo. I have seen some with over 300k followers...so of course this is huge ex-poser for me.

Maybe, I am simply taking all of this to personally. It's just that we get annoying messages from members/freeloaders/even paying members everyday. I don't need it from another model. I am all for working together to succeed rather then against each other. But, there is without a doubt a good and bad way to go about that.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I've been on Tumblr for years before I ever started camming, and now I have both and it's frustrating. Here are my big no-nos:

- Don't send hateful messages

- It's okay to ask in a general post for people to reblog your post to help promote you. When I see other models asking on their blogs for reblogs, I generally do. But if I'm asked specifically to reblog, I don't.

- Don't ask girls for trade pics (or perhaps this is just me.) I hate getting messages like, "Submit to my blog? Lol, I'm a girl, too! Let's trade pics!"

It's alright to post about your life, but don't post hateful messages. It gives a bad image.

So. Yeah.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.