AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Uncarbonated models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2015
Urban Northeast
justinesunday.com
Twitter Username
@justine__sunday
Tumblr Username
justine-sunday
MFC Username
JustineSunday
Hello all,
I'm seriously considering taking the leap into the world of camming, most likely on MFC.

Firstly, I feel I should make it clear that camming is something I would enjoy doing for my own personal amusement, even if I don't end up making significant cash off of it (although extra $ is always nice!).

That being said, I'm still in the initial research stage. I'm lurking around the forum a lot and watching girls of MFC for inspiration.

I know members receive you more positively if you come across as genuine. My only reservation is that I'm not very bubbly. This can be problematic for me because I'm a petite blonde girl with no tattoos or piercings. I don't read "mellow with occasional bouts of flirty sass" to men, even though that's closer to my given personality.

I know that there are all different ways for models to make it out there to some degree, but...
  • Is anyone out there a cute baby-faced lady who isn't the cheerleader type and can offer words of encouragement?
  • Better yet, can anyone name specific models who do well without the whole shrieks-of-delight/cooing schtick?
  • Should I just put my grown-up (or my baby-girl?) panties on and use my acting skills to conform? This is totally not something I'm adverse to doing, I'm genuinely asking. Sometimes playing a character can be fun!
One other thing - I do really enjoy sitting around in my fanciest lingerie and would probably wear minimalist sets in dark colors with clean, modern lines, no little pink bows. I can do pretty severe red lips and my hair is short and bobbed, not long and flowy. Do you think this would help cut down on the sweetie-pie factor?

• Hugs
Reactions: Tilly
The thing about MFC is that there are soooooooooo many men and sooooooo many models. This is a good thing! Some men are annoyed by the type of model you are concerned you can't be. They enjoy chill models too! So I admit, I talk a lot and have insane amounts of energy, but I don't do the shrill, fake act you pointed out. My excitement is genuine. I usually don't talk to anyone in a day beyond MFC so they get a lot of my energy. But as a stoner, there are times where all I do is stand up and quietly dance because I need to relax. Both methods work well. I guess I would say is the key is that no matter what your personality is, there is still a level of communication that is beneficial on MFC. The people who stay in my room are the ones I target and have conversation with. You don't need to worry about looks, or character levels, if you're providing some real conversation. But this is just what works for me and what I have noticed.

Hello all,
I'm seriously considering taking the leap into the world of camming, most likely on MFC.

Firstly, I feel I should make it clear that camming is something I would enjoy doing for my own personal amusement, even if I don't end up making significant cash off of it (although extra $ is always nice!).

That being said, I'm still in the initial research stage. I'm lurking around the forum a lot and watching girls of MFC for inspiration.

I know members receive you more positively if you come across as genuine. My only reservation is that I'm not very bubbly. This can be problematic for me because I'm a petite blonde girl with no tattoos or piercings. I don't read "mellow with occasional bouts of flirty sass" to men, even though that's closer to my given personality.

I know that there are all different ways for models to make it out there to some degree, but...
  • Is anyone out there a cute baby-faced lady who isn't the cheerleader type and can offer words of encouragement?
  • Better yet, can anyone name specific models who do well without the whole shrieks-of-delight/cooing schtick?
  • Should I just put my grown-up (or my baby-girl?) panties on and use my acting skills to conform? This is totally not something I'm adverse to doing, I'm genuinely asking. Sometimes playing a character can be fun!
One other thing - I do really enjoy sitting around in my fanciest lingerie and would probably wear minimalist sets in dark colors with clean, modern lines, no little pink bows. I can do pretty severe red lips and my hair is short and bobbed, not long and flowy. Do you think this would help cut down on the sweetie-pie factor?

Hi, I'm a domme, who is VERY laid back. Also, I have this face, so people feel the need to ask me constantly if I might also be a sub/switch (I'm not).
rTJRL9s.png

One thing I'll say is, definitely don't fake a personality. It will drain you, and they'll sense you being fake. Just be you. I would recommend trying to find things to make time pass for both you and your members. I feel the majority of the time, the bubbliness is mainly to help people stay in a good mood and want to come back. I figure as long as you make sure you're room isn't boring, and you're polite, you'll do just fine.

Hi, I'm a domme, who is VERY laid back. Also, I have this face, so people feel the need to ask me constantly if I might also be a sub/switch (I'm not).

Cool! I'm into the idea of being dominant. What kind of games/chat themes do you do to convey the domme persona?

Cool! I'm into the idea of being dominant. What kind of games/chat themes do you do to convey the domme persona?
Well, even when I was on MFC I personally hated doing games. Generally I'd do clubs, videos, etc. Mainly I just sorta rely on chat..keeping the conversation going and such. Normally I'd do things like dance, or yoga to keep them watching and me from being bored. Be sure to put things related to what you want to work as in your tags too as well as your profile...helps a lot.

I have always had the "young look" and I wouldn't consider myself over the top sweet at all. My fans tend to like that I have my own opinions and a bit of sass. Since you seem to know that being genuine is key, let your own true personality shine through. You will be much happier that way, and your viewers will like you for you, not some act. This does not mean that you have to be a domme or a total brat if you do not want to be. Just be yourself and do whatever comes natural!

I have always had the "young look" and I wouldn't consider myself over the top sweet at all. My fans tend to like that I have my own opinions and a bit of sass. Since you seem to know that being genuine is key, let your own true personality shine through. You will be much happier that way, and your viewers will like you for you, not some act. This does not mean that you have to be a domme or a total brat if you do not want to be. Just be yourself and do whatever comes natural!
Hi, on a creepy/unrelated note, I just stalked your MFC profile. Your aesthetic is awesome, I want to do videos like yours:blush:

@LilaFaye I don't think there's anything wrong with getting inspiration from other camgirls. I think we all do. I know I do! I can't speak for Tilly but you're not that creepy sounding to me. :)

And as it's already been said, definitely don't put on a fake personality. You'll get so exhausted from acting all day. I'd be myself, even if you turn the personality dials a little bit here and there.

I think there are a lot of successful girls who are less bubbly than you'd expect, and vice versa, too!

The world needs to stop thinking that just because a girl is tiny, blond, and cute that she has to be some kind of peppy sweet little thing. :)

The world needs to stop thinking that just because a girl is tiny, blond, and cute that she has to be some kind of peppy sweet little thing. :)
PREACH, GIRL.
Although I've definitely enjoyed more than my share of tiny-blonde-privilege so I almost feel bad whining! Oh woe, is me, I've gotten so much free food and drink just for being friendly! The injustice of it all!:giggle:

I think in camming, especially on sites like MFC, it's a plus, not a negative to have something unique and different to offer. People may expect certain things of you, but might actually stick around when they realize you have something different to offer. I've personally noticed that recently, being sassy is a common trait of models who shot to the top quickly.

I agree that you shouldn't change your personality drastically to cam (lots of us do exaggerate certain elements of our personalities, that's different). It will be exhausting and there will be lots of days you don't feel like putting on a charade.

You do you, and you'll be fine. It also helps if you pass out candy. I suggest M&Ms.

uncarbonated, no shrieks, no cooing, minimalist, clean modern lines, short bobbed hair, not long and flowy, petite, blonde, no tattoos, no piercings, grown up panties

You've got great tags right there. I'd just go for it.

Token, would it be weird if I said I liked your cock pic?

Reiterating for the eleventeenth time: There is no set persona on MFC that excels. There are enough members to go around for every type of girl; just be yourself. I'm totally random, at times bubbly, sassy, serious, argumentative, coquettish, sometimes bitchy if one of my regs is giving me a hard time (all good humored of course). As long as you're entertaining you'll be fine. The only thing you could do wrong is be the newbie sitting there waiting for tips to miraculously be sprinkled from the MFC sky. That's the one thing guaranteed to have members make a swift exit.

I don't think trying to be perkier would make you more money. If that's not your natural state, faking it will exhaust you and attract members whose personalities may drain you. If I had to act Marsha Brady every time I cammed, I'd never show up. And, whenever I did, I'd be miserable. Be whomever you are and if you can look nice doing it, bonus! Maybe naturally peppy girls make more money than us darker girls. Who knows, but it's easiest to just go with what makes you different. Easy makes logging on less tedious. Logging on is what gets money.

I'm so excited for your caming journey! I, too, relate to being on cam *just* for having a good time. This is very important to me because if this was just about the work or the tokens for me, I'd really be miserable.

I agree with the majority of the opinions here that you should be yourself (who you'd enjoy being on cam) and not act. However, I do want to share a story about my experience when I first started.

I look like the type of person that would be very conceited, stuck up, out of your league, better than you, and bitchy, etc naturally (or so people have told me, all my life, haha). I used to really get dressed up on cam because I thought I should look my absolute best as a cam girl (full make-up, sexy outfits, the works) and I think this magnified that look. However, my personality is the complete opposite of those descriptions. I'm more on the silly, goofball, nerdy side of things and am pretty animated but can certainly be chill as well. I spend 90% of my time "just" talking to my regulars in free chat. The point I'm getting at is, when I dressed up as the glamorous me, I found that I would get guys interested in that type of personality because that's what I looked like. When I wasn't anything like that, they left. Only a handful were maybe pleasantly surprised and stuck around. It wasn't until I put some serious thought into all of this and figured out that my look was contributing in attracting the wrong types of people, despite my obvious hobbies (it's in my name, profile, etc). I then switched up my look and dressed less glamorous with my outfits and makeup to be more on the cute, nerdy side. That's when the magic happened. It worked out because I attracted the right people but it was also way less work for me getting ready. I also felt way more like myself.

So, the point is to make sure that whatever personality or persona you choose, to please also look the part. It took me a long while to figure that out, haha. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.