AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2016
I am really considering camming, but my internet where I live sucks! Does anyone cam with a phone or know if it's even possible?

Part of it will depend on whether or not your phone's browser supports Flash or not. I can watch MFC and CB on my phone, but not broadcast using Chrome. I think Puffin and Opera support Flash. Please, don't quote me on that because I could be wrong. I've never tried broadcasting from either of them.

The other part will depend on your phone's cell service. I've used my phone as a hot-spot before and had issues with my connection cutting out. And I wasn't somewhere with bad service! I had 5 bars of 4G LTE. FWIW, I'm with AT&T.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend camming from a phone. I feel like the website would be hard to navigate + the issues above.

I guess I'll just have to can during the day when the internet isn't sucky... Maybe I could attempt it on my phone. What's the best site to cam on? I'm looking into MFC

Part of it will depend on whether or not your phone's browser supports Flash or not. I can watch MFC and CB on my phone, but not broadcast using Chrome. I think Puffin and Opera support Flash. Please, don't quote me on that because I could be wrong. I've never tried broadcasting from either of them.

The other part will depend on your phone's cell service. I've used my phone as a hot-spot before and had issues with my connection cutting out. And I wasn't somewhere with bad service! I had 5 bars of 4G LTE. FWIW, I'm with AT&T.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend camming from a phone. I feel like the website would be hard to navigate + the issues above.

Do you mean camming using your phones Internet? If so then I did it a few weeks ago when I moved house. I used my hotspot which is 4g and pretty fast. Only issue is it uses up ALOT of data, so unless you have unlimited then it will use it up pretty fast. I used it for about 3 days and it worked well as a temporary solution.

I guess I'll just have to can during the day when the internet isn't sucky... Maybe I could attempt it on my phone. What's the best site to cam on? I'm looking into MFC

Day shifts can be quite successful. Just make sure to keep a consistent schedule so your regulars know when and where to find you!

MFC is quite fun! I've only been on there a smidge over a week, but everyone has been very nice. But there's also the pressure of camscore on your shoulders. If you don't make enough tokens, it starts dropping.

CB has a lot more trolls and bots (not the fun kind) and stupid b.s. rules. On the other hand, you can sit there all day and only make $10 and not get penalized for it.

I guess it's possible to cam from your phone, though I'm not sure I'd recommend it. If your internet connection isn't so great, and improving it (by paying for faster internet) isn't an option for you, at least you know not to bother with splitcamming (broadcasting live on 2 or more cam sites simultaneously).

Often times when I see this question asked, other cam girls will suggest that you also consider filming video clips. For recording the clips, you don't have to be connected to the 'net. You just need your webcam (I use Logitech HD C920) and whatever video editing software you choose. The only time you would need to connect to the internet is when you're ready to upload your clips to your Clips4Sale store, ManyVids, IWantClips, or wherever.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
You can use your phone to cam. I use puffin but that is only if I am doing an outside show. Camcontracts has a great phone program:cat:

I use my 5c iphone to cam regularly on my patio outside! It's possible if the RAM of the phone/processor and front facing camera are good enough. In fact, I've used the 4G on my iphone5 only a handful of times and it well overpaid the cellphone bill. If you want to know the site I do that on (my first camsite) I can message it to you, I don't have an affiliate link or anything. What phone do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.