AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

WATCH OUT FOR ITUNES!!! CREDIT CARD FRAUD!!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2011
Hey everyone!! I just wanted to warn you! Over the weekend I had purchased two apps from itunes. Well the next day I woke up to a blocked account and blocked credit card. I had no idea what was going on. All I know is that before I went to bed I bought 2 itune apps. When I called my bank, they had blocked my card because of fraudulent activity. Within 2 hours of purchasing my apps (with my credit card) somebody purchased over $600 off of random sites. Needless to say I wasn't happy about the fact that my account was now $600 less than I had expected. I was happy that my bank caught it when I didn't and blocked my card. So please be careful when using itunes!!!

KaRiiZzMa said:
Hey everyone!! I just wanted to warn you! Over the weekend I had purchased two apps from itunes. Well the next day I woke up to a blocked account and blocked credit card. I had no idea what was going on. All I know is that before I went to bed I bought 2 itune apps. When I called my bank, they had blocked my card because of fraudulent activity. Within 2 hours of purchasing my apps (with my credit card) somebody purchased over $600 off of random sites. Needless to say I wasn't happy about the fact that my account was now $600 less than I had expected. I was happy that my bank caught it when I didn't and blocked my card. So please be careful when using itunes!!!

The old "are you sure..."
1) If you haven't Antivirus installed - then install one. AntiVir or even Microsoft's free one (Microsoft Security Essentials).
2) Scan PC before you go further.

Maybe the apps you bought used your CC information if they receive it to process the payment (I thought it went through iTunes itself but I don't know). Most lost credit card info is due to visiting bogus sites or keyloggers on your system... hence the urge for anti virus.

Maybe your PC is 100% clean and perfect, but nearly all instances of CC fraud I've heard have been due to the user making a mistake (such as clicking on a link and being take to a dummy site, downloading something, not updating PC, unsecure PC). Oh, and people skimming credit cards in the back of a restaurant too.

I've personally used Avast! Antivirus and Microsoft Security Essentials and they both seem pretty decent. If you have another antivirus program, make sure your subscription is active and your program and definitions are completely up to date. Definitely do what Zoomer said.

I also recommend Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in addition to your antivirus program. I actually paid for the professional version when it was on sale a while back but even the free version is a great scanner to clean your computer AFTER you're infected but BEFORE your information is compromised or your computer is rendered unusable. Update it and do a Quick or Full Scan. I typically do the Full unless I am in a hurry just to be thorough.

Yeah seriously, who the fuck pays for music? The only way I could see justifying it is if you wanted some music that was *so* esoteric that nobody else on the intertubes had it, just some pay site.

I didn't buy music, I bought applications. I don't buy music either!! As for the Anti-Virus software, I do have one on my computer. I didn't buy the apps online or through my computer. I went to the app store on my ipod and purchased them that way. I also didn't go on any bogus sites either. I have never bought itune apps before and I will never do it again! I also googled itunes fraud and found multiple incidents where people's credit card information was retrieved through itunes. This has obviously happened numerous times.

I guess I'm just surprised that a big company such as apple would have such low security for information like credit card numbers and what not. After reading some of the articles and finding out that apple seemed unwilling to help people that were victims of credit card fraud, I was just really shocked!
bawksy said:
Oh, well, in that case, carry on.
What kind of music do you like Bawsky?

Having Googled apple itunes fraud, there is no indication its iTunes fault, and several that it's the users...
Who knows, but banks are much better these days at dealing with such issues, so hope they can help get it resolved and Apple is the only "loser" :thumbleft:

Status
Not open for further replies.