AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Webcam Research

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2017
Hi! My name is Angela Jones. I worked as an exotic dancer for most of the early 90s and I am now a professor of sociology. Given my background, I have been incredibly interested in learning more about the webcam industry. I have been conducting a study of the webcamming industry for several years now. I am still looking for performers who are willing to take a survey and possibly be interviewed. The findings from the study will be published anonymously in a book, which will be published by New York University Press.

Please feel free to verify my identity: https://www.farmingdale.edu/faculty/angela-jones/

Participation in the survey will take approximately 20 minutes, and you will be entered into a lottery for a chance to win an electronic $100 gift card for amazon.com. This link will provide you with a brief description of my study and a consent form if you decide you would like to participate:

https://farmingdalestate.wufoo.com/forms/a-study-of-webcam-modeling/.

If you are also willing to be interviewed via Skype, please just send me an email to jonesa@farmingdale.edu or joneswebcamresearch@gmail.com. Thank you.

Sorry for being off topic OP. When I saw the thread title I actually thought someone from Logitech had finally come in here to ask models to help make a better webcam.

Also after looking at your bio I have to ask. Are MALE cam models also welcome to take this survey? Since it seems ALL the researchers seem to think it's a women only industry.

I don't have anything to add to the discussion here, simply wanted to note that THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE! This is how you present a request for participation! :clap:

But it would be better if you paid people for their time, not a lottery!

Well this survey doesn't ask anything more than if you're a model by choice and if you agree to participate in the actual research which I assume will be paid (since so far every other researcher here has been able to offer).

The only troubling thing about the survey is over half of it deals with the idea someone is camming against their will. Which to me paints it's more of 'models are victims' researching. But that's opinion base on the survey. I hope she actually discloses a bit more about her intentions.

Well this survey doesn't ask anything more than if you're a model by choice and if you agree to participate in the actual research which I assume will be paid (since so far every other researcher here has been able to offer).

The only troubling thing about the survey is over half of it deals with the idea someone is camming against their will. Which to me paints it's more of 'models are victims' researching. But that's opinion base on the survey. I hope she actually discloses a bit more about her intentions.
That's not the survey. The actual survey comes after you state that you are camming by choice, it's linked on the following page.

Hi! Yes, that is just the consent form. I went through an ethics board before I could do this research. They were concerned about what would happen if I talked to people who were either under age or say working at a physical studio against their will. So, I was required to add to the consent form language that addressed this. But, after you fill out the consent form you will see the link for the actual survey and if you email me we can set up a skype interview.

But it would be better if you paid people for their time, not a lottery!
I know. Honestly, I feel really bad about this. I applied for so many grants so that I could pay people, but unfortunately, in sexuality research if you are not studying HIV or public health problems funding agencies wont give you money. I so respect what you all are doing and I completely understand if people cannot afford to spend their time talking to me when you could be on cam making money. However, as a former stripper, I know the stigma people in the industry face really well and I just want people to have a better understanding of the industry and I hope that my work can combat some of this stigma because I think you guys rock!

• Hugs
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Sorry for being off topic OP. When I saw the thread title I actually thought someone from Logitech had finally come in here to ask models to help make a better webcam.

Also after looking at your bio I have to ask. Are MALE cam models also welcome to take this survey? Since it seems ALL the researchers seem to think it's a women only industry.

Oh no! I'm talking to people of all genders. If you or anyone you know is willing to speak with me, I'd love to hear your story!

• Helpful!
Reactions: SMuser69
I do hope its not another 'all sex workers are victims' thing
Oh no! My work is all about empowerment! The book is about refuting that idea. Most of the folks I am talking to tell stories about enjoying their work (most of the time lol). My goal is to tell your stories--not the stories that most people see in mainstream press about victimization. I am talking to you guys, because people need to know the real truth!

I've completed the survey, and it is

A) gender inclusive (I saw nonbinary listed as an option, awesome!)
B) not trying to spin a "poor camgirls, they're forced to do this!" angle.

Happy New Year! I just wanted to follow-up on this thread and thank those that participated in my research. I really appreciate your time and willingness to help me with this work. I applied for many grants for this research, but was not able to acquire any funding. In sexualities research if you are not studying disease (e.g. HIV) there is no research funding. I say this, because I really wished I could have paid everyone who has participated. So, I am grateful!

If there is anyone else who may be interested, the survey will still be open for another couple weeks, but then I must close it and focus on the book. I was suppose to close it some time ago, but I truly feel so blessed to be able to talk to so many bad ass humans from all over the world! May you all keep making that money and I wish you all nothing but the best! Thank you!

https://farmingdalestate.wufoo.com/forms/a-study-of-webcam-modeling/

Happy New Year! I just wanted to follow-up on this thread and thank those that participated in my research. I really appreciate your time and willingness to help me with this work. I applied for many grants for this research, but was not able to acquire any funding. In sexualities research if you are not studying disease (e.g. HIV) there is no research funding. I say this, because I really wished I could have paid everyone who has participated. So, I am grateful!

https://farmingdalestate.wufoo.com/forms/a-study-of-webcam-modeling/

Seeing the name Farmingdale just brought back some good memories of when I lived in Long Island, NY (Nassau County). I did two semesters at Five Towns College (for Music Performance), which isn't far at all from Farmingdale. :)

I'm way too nervous about privacy to do this... saw OP on WCG with the same survey last week. Reading replies from a lot of the members over there, I'm pretty convinced this is not a secure option for someone trying to conceal their real name, identity, etc.

No offense OP.
I'm paranoid about these things in general, so please don't take it personally.

General consensus over yonder was a promised incentive rather than a "chance to win $100 giftcard" would make out more worth the time (and risk) in their opinions and I agree.

Again, I mean no disrespect.

real name, identity, etc.

I took the survey, and none of this information was requested. The questions are far more reasonable than the typical ones we get asked. Not that anyone *has* to take it if they don't want to, but as someone who's been in the industry for a better part of a decade, this is one of the few studies that's rolled across the forum that I wasn't suspicious of.

Status
Not open for further replies.