AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What am I doing wrong?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwen devill

Cam Model
Aug 10, 2016
Dallas Texas
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@GoddessGwenBB
MFC Username
GwenBB
I cam EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. The past 6 months I've been caming every single night I'm always online I live alone in my own apartment and my only job is to be a cam girl. I spend most of my days snapping regulars selling skypes and mailing ALL of my panties. Recently my laptop broke and I was forced to switch to my desk top leaving me with a not so cute couch to sit on while I cam instead of my big bed. My cams score had finally reached around 1650 and then dropped the past week back down to 1400. any ideas as to why this could be happening to me? As well as ideas to maybe help attract new people? I have a few regulars but they can't always tip. I'd just like to attract the eye of more people who would be friendly and enjoy the show. I really love doing this every night I genuinely enjoy watching cams and seeing everyone laugh and have fun I just wanna feel like I'm actually succeeding instead of mfc taking away my Camscore I worked so hard for just because I'm on for 2 hours more than usual. I can usually keep my nights around 2 hours and still make what I need but is been gradually taking way longer than it should be and now all the work I've put in is suffering.

Also I'm only 20 if that counts for anything in a few months I'll be able to offer tips for shots and stuff but until then no alcohol on cam for me.

Last edited:
So for your cam score, I'm not 100% sure how it's calculated but basically if you're not making any tips every few minutes, your score will drop. It can be really frustrating. But luckily group shows count towards it. So making tokens every second increases your score a ton!

So before I started camming, I signed on as a guest and watched hours and hours worth of model's shows. I really tried to study what they were doing and how the viewers responded to it. I'm not saying to copy other models, but maybe just take some ideas from them. Also, make sure you're not just sitting down the whole time. Move around, show off your body, dance, etc. Talk to your viewers. Ask how their day is going and talk about your day. People go there for a personal experience so just try to focus on giving them that and making them feel special. I'm only on for a few hours a day and I'm still making decent money just by being myself and interacting with them. I hope that helps!

Reactions: Hazelprincess
Research the internet. This site is a good place to start. There are dozens of threads aimed toward helping models. Utilize the search feature, "games", "room ideas", "lighting", "sound quality", etc. depending on where you feel you need help. You're a verified model so you have access to the models only section which is filled with advice.

Realize your camscore is good. The average camscore is 1000. You are making more than the average model per hour.

Are you engaging your audience? Are you smiling & moving around? Are you playing music or talking? Do you complain on cam? Take these things into account. Think about each one of your shows after you log off and think about how you can improve your next show.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Camming/sex work isn't easy like many outsiders seem to believe. Push yourself, though, and learn/grow as a model every day.

Girl, I feel you. I'm not quite as serious about camming as you are (yet), but I would absolutely love to be able to make a living wage doing this. I find it really discouraging to watch my camscore drop though, and on those slow nights it happens a tonne.

I'm gonna try to stick to it but damn that numerical representation of my worth hits hard, haha!

Girl.

A 200 point drop ain't shit.

If camming is your only job you need to focus on working hard for the dollars, not a camscore. If you need to be on extra hours to pay your bills get your booty on. If the score is discouraging you then I highly encourage you to diversify your site base. Try out other sites when mfc is slow to get a feel for them and see how you fare.

Camming is part how good you are, how charismatic and entertaining you are and sheer fucking luck and of course a whole lot of tears and hard work. Don't take drops in income personally. They are a part of this job. I will have (and many gals) a great five or six months a year, then the rest of the year I boohoo over it being slow, really its just that those months are average and I skate by on those huge months. This could be your "slow" season. Income drops are normal in this industry. If you aren't saving and making enough to get by during a dip in dollars defs diversify or seek additional employment.

use the search function on this forum. You will see a gajillion others with similar question/problem and tom's of idea posts if you want to do games.

On your desktop is your cam feed as good? Is the interwebs as good? Assuming so but it may be good to check.

I just wrote this and realised op wrote this a month ago but. I don't wanna erase this in shame. So OP if you're still around i hope you earned your 200 points back.

You HAVE to cam longer than 2 hours. At least 4-6. It always takes at least an hour to really get a room going. Most top models will tell you that they make most of their money in the last half of their cam shift.

Try smaller countdowns with small shows (like a strip tease, or a small bj show, or spanks etc for 500-1500tk range depending on your goals), make a tip menu, make some content, put it on your profile.

You are doing really well with your consistency (which is SO important) so try some of these little things :)

Thanks for all the advice girls this has been awesome! I actually ended up getting a TON of new clothes for MFC from one of my regulars that's ended up helping a lot and every night I have no problem now making my 1500 token goal. Thanks for all the awesome advice! All I really need now is to get new shoes for the feet guys and get my club going even further. :) I 100% said fuck the cam score when I don't worry about it I always see it go up and I always end up getting back to where I was in a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.