AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What are you reading?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only book I read for the past..well as long as I can remember has been "The Count of Monte Cristo". I read it a few times a year.

Excellent book. The Gérard Depardieu mini series is probably my favorite film version of that one.

Now that I'm done with The Wheel of Time, I'm rereading through another series I started in middle school, The Dragonriders of Pern.

Holy shit, I haven't thought about those books in 30 years. Those are the ones where acid or something drops out of the sky and the dragons intercept it, right?

Reactions: Autumn_LoL
Holy shit, I haven't thought about those books in 30 years. Those are the ones where acid or something drops out of the sky and the dragons intercept it, right?

Yeah, "Threads" are a parasitic spore from a nearby planet that eat all organic matter they touch. Dragons chew a rock that allows them to breath fire which kills the Threads before they touch down.

Yeah, "Threads" are a parasitic spore from a nearby planet that eat all organic matter they touch. Dragons chew a rock that allows them to breath fire which kills the Threads before they touch down.

Yeah, I really liked those, and A Wrinkle in Time, and The Forgotten Door. Still have a copy of The Forgotten Door, in fact.

Holy crap I started reading the Martian by andy weir this morning and I'm already half way through the book.
So. Much. Amazing.
Best protagonist I've encountered in a really long time.

It's her fault that i'm reading THE MARTIAN (not totally her fault, but significantly so), and it's a lot funnier than I was expecting it to be. Not quite halfway through, but I would certainly recommend it.

Reactions: KatVonnegut
It's her fault that i'm reading THE MARTIAN (not totally her fault, but significantly so), and it's a lot funnier than I was expecting it to be. Not quite halfway through, but I would certainly recommend it.

Pppfftt my fault? Okay ya maybe.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-25467-1389049131-2_zps940c390a.gif

I'm re-reading Fahrenheit 451. It's probably my favorite book (or at least tied for the #1 place) so it's nice to be reading it again.
I'm also reading Shadow Of The Wind at the same time. It's pretty good, hasn't grabbed me yet... but I've heard amazing things so we will see!

Reactions: eclipse76
Giantslayer :p (a Pathfinder Adventure Path)

I've recently taken over as part time DM in my D&D group, so reading the modules, encounters, and associated sourcebooks i'm running takes up all my spare reading time

does that count?

I borrowed this from the library:

Deal: My Three Decades of Drumming, Dreams, and Drugs with the Grateful Dead

I have a real interest in American popular cultural times before I was cognizant (and I like the Dead too).

Clive Barker's: The Scarlet Gospels

I'm apparently also giving a nearly dead thread one last shock with the ol' defibrillator.

Clive Barker's: The Scarlet Gospels

I'm apparently also giving a nearly dead thread one last shock with the ol' defibrillator.

Ha, so random. I just downloaded that book today. But first, I'm gonna go back and read the other Harry D'Amour short stories and novels.

Ha, so random. I just downloaded that book today. But first, I'm gonna go back and read the other Harry D'Amour short stories and novels.

I've only read The Hellbound Heart prior to this, none of the Harry D'Amour stories so I'm sure there are references that are going right over my head but I'm loving all the info and limited backstory on the Cenobite Order and Pinhead, er... uh... I mean the Hell Priest (turns out he really hates being called Pinhead).

I've only read The Hellbound Heart prior to this, none of the Harry D'Amour stories so I'm sure there are references that are going right over my head but I'm loving all the info and limited backstory on the Cenobite Order and Pinhead, er... uh... I mean the Hell Priest (turns out he really hates being called Pinhead).

I found the first story, called "The Last Illusion" (made into the movie "The Lord of Illusions") and the next one called "The Lost Souls" (this short story is on Barker's website). Now, I just need to get "The Great and Secret Show" and "Everville." Looking forward to Scarlet.

I've been reading and rereading and rerereading The Giver series by Lois Lowry over the past couple months. I'm mildly obsessed with it at the moment.

Pppfftt my fault? Okay ya maybe.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-25467-1389049131-2_zps940c390a.gif

I'm re-reading Fahrenheit 451. It's probably my favorite book (or at least tied for the #1 place) so it's nice to be reading it again.
I'm also reading Shadow Of The Wind at the same time. It's pretty good, hasn't grabbed me yet... but I've heard amazing things so we will see!

I'll have to try Fahrenheit 451 sometime.

I have no idea how anyone can read two books at once. I have to dedicate myself to one so that everything sticks.

Nice use of a Cumberbatch, though.
*throws a nickel*

Reactions: n_i_c_u
It's October, so that mean H.P. Lovecraft for me.

I found the first story, called "The Last Illusion" (made into the movie "The Lord of Illusions") and the next one called "The Lost Souls" (this short story is on Barker's website). Now, I just need to get "The Great and Secret Show" and "Everville." Looking forward to Scarlet.

I think The Great and Secret Show has a good slow-burn beginning.

I just finished reading "The Girl With All the Gifts" by Mike Carey. It's really a great book about zombies and little girls! Truly frightening.

Now that I'm done with The Wheel of Time, I'm rereading through another series I started in middle school, The Dragonriders of Pern.
I owned almost every one of those in High School. The White Dragon was my favorite.
6d2YayE.jpg

I'm not currently reading it though I have read it twice, after I finish my current book, maybe I'll go for round three.

Mark Z. Danielewski's, House of Leaves

Reactions: zippypinhead
This thread is a dream for me. I'm always looking for book recommendations. I just finished reading 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. It was amazing. One of those 'can't put it down, read through the night' kind of books for me. But I love Murakami as an author.

I rebought the entire Deverry Cycle books as ebooks and am rereading the series. I am glad I checked, they are published by two different companies and the series was missing some electronic copies the last time I checked.

I just finished Beautiful You by Chuck Palahniuk. not my favorite of his books, but still worth reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.