AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What are you reading?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished Beautiful You by Chuck Palahniuk. not my favorite of his books, but still worth reading!
which of his books did you like the most?

I've been considering picking up Fight Club, but I've also heard good things about CHOKE and maybe a couple other ones.

which of his books did you like the most?
Survivor is my favorite, but if you've never read any of his stuff Fight Club is a great place to start! Choke and Lullaby are great too. The only one that I haven't been super keen on is Invisible Monsters, just couldn't get into it for some reason.

Reactions: MadisonGraceLloyd
Survivor is my favorite, but if you've never read any of his stuff Fight Club is a great place to start! Choke and Lullaby are great too. The only one that I haven't been super keen on is Invisible Monsters, just couldn't get into it for some reason.

I'll probably start with Fight Club, since I already love the movie.

Thanks for the recommends! CHOKE will probably follow!

Still in the middle of reading a bunch of different stuff, but I'm going to be diving into "Ready Player One" very soon here!

Reactions: TacoBelle
Still in the middle of reading a bunch of different stuff, but I'm going to be diving into "Ready Player One" very soon here!

Absolutely on my list as well. I got it from the library, procrastinated, and then they wanted it back just when I started getting into it. Figured I could renew it... and I was wrong.

I'll try to score a copy of it again, then perhaps we'll be able to trade notes on it!

Wil Wheaton does a really good job narrating the audiobook if you're into that format. Great book either way.

I'm not currently reading it though I have read it twice, after I finish my current book, maybe I'll go for round three.

Mark Z. Danielewski's, House of Leaves

I wish there were more authors out there doing work like Danielewski. Ergodic literature is incredibly fascinating.

After watching the "Cartel Land" documentary I started reading Midnight in Mexico by Alfredo Corchado. Also, since the second season of "Manhattan" starts tonight I'm about to start reading Richard Rhodes' The Making of the Atomic Bomb as well (However, I've currently misplaced my copy of the book and can not find it! argh :mad:)

Great thread! I am reading The Alchemist by Paul Coelho. This is my third time reading it. His writing style is very simple and clear. Coelho makes the journey of a sheep boy into a beautiful, thought-provoking tale that can be used as a metaphor for our own personal life journeys.

I highly recommend! It is also a quick read for those who don't want to get into anything too heavy.

Reactions: Gen
This thread is the next best thing to a book club (I crave one, it is the nerdo in me!)
I am currently reading "I Hate You- Don't Leave Me: Understanding the Borderline Personality" for smarts (and begrudgingly self help) and for pleasure "Snuff" by Chuck Palahniuk THE BEST AUTHOR EVER!​

I need book suggestions! Preferably fantasy but I'll read just about anything if the summary makes it sound good. I'm going to be on a plane for 3 hours and I don't have anything good to read and that long with nothing to do will make me go crazy

I need book suggestions! Preferably fantasy but I'll read just about anything if the summary makes it sound good. I'm going to be on a plane for 3 hours and I don't have anything good to read and that long with nothing to do will make me go crazy
Have you ever read any Fear Street books?

Reactions: AuroraKnight

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. It is, hands down, the best book that I've read in years. I even read it on cam and inspired dozens of people to buy it themselves, just so they could re-read it later.

Reactions: AuroraKnight
Have you ever read any Fear Street books?

I have not, but R.L Stine was one of my favorite authors when I was younger, I'll have to look into them :)

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. It is, hands down, the best book that I've read in years. I even read it on cam and inspired dozens of people to buy it themselves, just so they could re-read it later.

I've seen Ready Player One come up in this topic a couple of times with good reviews, so I'll definitely look into it, I just looked up the summery, and from just the little paragraph I read makes it sound really interesting.

Thank you both! :)

Reactions: Guy
Update on Sword of Truth experience lol... I'm about halfway through Severed Souls. I carried on listening because I hate not finishing a series. It's gotten rather repetitive & reminds me of when I was watching 24 (that many bad things can just not ever happen!) Also feel like we have a bit of a Matrix theme going on with "the one" :giggle:

Anyway any recommendations for series a bit like SoT that are maybe not so repetitive? But still good long ones that will take me a while to get through! I'm going to check out the suggestions everyone made for Aurora's question too.

I like to read too, but we dont have a book store where I am from have to travel a great distance to get a book or use eReader. cant read cause my eReader is dead, charger has disappeared
I am currently reading a series that has fallen angels and a lady. very nice sexual attraction in it and the wording is excellent get the mind racing

Reactions: xDolly
Finders Keepers by Stephen King (second book in The Bill Hodges Trilogy). For not being a horror book by the "horror master" of writing just like Mr. Mercedes it is pretty damn good.

Reactions: xDolly
I just finished the first Wild Cards book. Not sure I want to read anymore, now, that was so rapey. It's an anthology edited by George RR Martin about "realistic superheroes" and... man... so god damned rapey. Wish I'd known that before I bought it at the grocery store. I mean, I'd been wanting to read it before I'd even heard of Game of Thrones, so I guess now I do not want to continue into the next 17 or however many books. I mean, some of the stories were great, like the guy who gets a new power/look every time he sleeps, but then you have a literal pimp whose infection by the alien virus which gives powers manifests during tantric sex... and gives him a long list of powers, including one to resurrect corpses by ass fucking em, and he gets more power by having his dick squeezed so hard he ejaculates inwards. and stores his power in an distended forehead... plus, he also sucks power from other's orgasms. The number of goofy things in that story... Just nah. And now onto one of the new Star Wars books that is probably bad. But bad in a way that doesn't make me feel unclean after it is over.

• Wat?!
Reactions: TacoBelle
Just started "futuristic violence and fancy suits" by David Wong. :D

I've read his other books, John Dies at the End, and it's sequel, This Book is Full of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don't Touch It. I was not aware he had others out, thanks for mentioning it.

Reading a set of books right now and I think maybe some of you might like it too. I'm actually shocked at the rating the book(s) has on Amazon at the moment but only one person has reviewed them so far. I'm really enjoying them. It's an omnibus of the trilogy but each book is only around 300 pages long and it's a really interesting retelling of the Arthur mythos.

It's a little dry at places but not nearly so dry as the original. I'm really enjoying it and with it only being $7.99 for the entire omnibus on kindle it's a good buy.

kobc.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Knights-Breton-Court-Maurice-Broaddus/dp/0857662562

I think the author has a sort of dry and sarcastic humor that shines through even as he describes the worst and most desperate parts of humanity struggling to survive. It's not an exact retelling so some of the details change just enough to keep it interesting and the idea of a new Arthur myth revolving around street thugs well...the idea itself was enough to get me to start the books and I've really enjoyed what I've read so far. I'm now in the beginning of the second book and looking forward to how it plays out.

Right now I'm obsessively reading The Count of Monte Cristo...so good so far. It took me a minute to get into it because it seemed slow at first but now looking back it doesn't seem that way at all because everything that has happened so far has been crucial to the storyline. It's definitely the perfect classic adventure novel. Daring escapes! Romance! Murder! Conspiracy! Buried treasure! Revenge! The open sea!

I'm only about a quarter through it (it's a long book, haha) and right now I'm at a seemingly slow pointless part (which really isn't at all, just in comparison to the batshit crazy adventure of the exciting parts) that will undeniably reveal itself to be of utmost importance. I've learned to trust this book, especially after having about 100 300 pages I had to read in one sitting because it was so enthralling (I'm on a kindle so I had no idea how much I actually read, had to look it up).

I'm currently re-reading wheel of time. I'm having trouble getting back into my reading zone, however, since life has been so busy. I'd love if there were any cam girls or watchers who were into the WoT series. I'd be ecstatic to do weekly page reading g challenges x3

I'm currently re-reading wheel of time. I'm having trouble getting back into my reading zone, however, since life has been so busy. I'd love if there were any cam girls or watchers who were into the WoT series. I'd be ecstatic to do weekly page reading g challenges x3
Huge fan of WoT here.. what are page reading challenges??

in other news, I just finished re-reading Neuromancer and a first time read of Count Zero (books 1 & 2 of the Sprawl trilogy) by William Gibson. Instead of going straight into bk 3, I decided to change gears and start Equal Rites by Terry Prachett (Discworld!:woot: )

Huge fan of WoT here.. what are page reading challenges??

in other news, I just finished re-reading Neuromancer and a first time read of Count Zero (books 1 & 2 of the Sprawl trilogy) by William Gibson. Instead of going straight into bk 3, I decided to change gears and start Equal Rites by Terry Prachett (Discworld!:woot: )

:D Yaaaaay! A page reading challenge is where one or more persons challenge themselves/each other to read a certain # of pages per day or week, perhaps attempt to increase over time if life allows. I don't necessarily know if it's been done before, but practically no idea is original so I'm assuming some fellow geeks have done it!

Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.