AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you consider successful?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LineahRose

Deactivated Account
Inactive Cam Model
Apr 13, 2014
United States
chaturbate.com
I am pretty new as a model, and have not received model status. but i'm curious what do you consider successful? I'm happy making about 100$ each day that i'm online, regardless of how many hours I work on cam. My cam score is suffering, but I just need the money. What do you consider successful?

Reactions: goldenaye666
All bills paid (implies budgeting for future emergencies and such), plus a dollar or more left after.

^^ This. I enjoy camming because I would rather spend time with my husband than work all day. I work 3 days a week and that pays my bills. I could work more and have nicer things, and some weeks I do, but honestly I would rather spend my days off with him doing...whatever. So...what is success for you? To me, its being able to play video games knowing that I paid my rent.. while also knowing if I need to I can work all 7 days.

The great thing about camming is no one is going to tell you that you are working to much or too little. Free time, thats success to me.

Considering where I started, hells yea I'm successful! :mrgreen: So far every dream I've had in life, I've made happen. I make enough to pay my bills, run my home, spend time with my family, and not have any debt at all.

Since MFC is a business, success has to be measured in terms of money. You can use Miss MFC for it ($$$ she earns per month) or go by efficiency through camscore ($$$ per hour). Sure, you can also measure success in terms of "quality" (her fan base, cam persona, video quality, etc) but it is a subjective thing.

I prefer to measure it in Miss MFC terms. Camscore is only a number and it is of little use to have a 20,000 camscore if you aren't even ranked most months. On the other hand I have seen models with a 3,000 camscore finish in top 20 and in top 100 consistently. So in the end girl #2 is bringing more money home even when it takes her 10 times longer to make it.

Models who land top 100 consistently are successful, those who don't are not.

PunkInDrublic said:
SexyStephXS said:
Man, that's a narrow view of successful!
I don't think I meant it in a you have to make that much for me to consider you successful sorta way. Just what I consider successful for my situation. I can't really judge if others are successful. Everyone has a different situation and sees things differently.

I guess I was just thinking "wow, that's pretty unattainable. It must be scary to measure your success against such a large number." But then again, you might be there already. :)

-----

TicTac, are you trolling? You must be trolling.

TicTacToe said:
Yeah, you must be trolling like Steph said. :?
Or you just don't have a realistic view of the incredible money models outside the top 100 can make. Would you call a model unsuccessful if she makes, let's say, $8000 every month? :?
In my (by far) most successful month on MFC I made $6500, and I missed the top 300 by a few spots. And that was in December 2012, nowadays girls with the same ranking make more than they did 1.5 years ago.
What I'm saying is, if you consistently score #101 - 400 or something like that, you can live very nicely if you don't have an insane lifestyle. Saying only the top 100 are successful is ridiculous.

Besides, everyone defines success differently anyway, if model A considers herself successful making $2000 a month because she can pay all her bills and put aside some money to save it, and another model only considers herself successful if she's in the top 10 6 out of 12 months per year, then so be it. Different viewpoints and expectations. You can't define success with a number.

I'd say.

- Stability (Not being insanely worried month to month about making the amount you need to survive)
- Being able to save up for the future (since whether we like it or not camming is not a job that will last decades and decades)
- Having a sizable following that is loyal (for example I think it's a true sign of success when a girl can leave one site and go to another and her regulars will follow)
- Making a more then decent income (which goes along with being able to save).

In terms of actually figures of a month--I really think it depends on the girl...where she is from cost of living, how many hours she chooses to work, if she has children or has people dependent on her, if she has costly medical stuff etc blah blah blah.

Personally I will consider myself successful when I am consistently making 5k or higher a month. This would put me in a position to be able to pay all my bills, cover my life expenses and still put away for the future.

-Last but not least---in fact I think this is the most important quality to success is Longevity.-----We all do mega months, and have better times of the year then others but. I think a truly successful model is able to hold all other definition of success for a pro-longed period of time. Keeping up the success (for example being in the top 300 every month for 2 years) is more impressive to me then being in the top 100 once and ever achieve success again.

TicTacToe said:

Lolz. How many cam girls are there on MFC? 10,000? More? Limiting "success" to only the top 0.1% of those models seems a little silly.

It sounds trite, but I believe that if you're happy, you're successful. Generally that means having enough money to not have to worry about bills and enough money to own and do the things you want to in life. What those things are and how much they'll cost will vary wildly from person to person :twocents-02cents:

Ambers Troll said:
It used to be to spend as much as I wanted on models (and the free time to do it), and to still pay my bills :eek:bscene-buttsmiley:
Free time is definitely success in my opinion.
Aye!
For me, working my ass off doing multiple shows a day for a few years was all to reach the goal of not having to work that much to make my goals.
Could I continue working that many hours and be in the top 100 every month? ... probably. But I didn't need to make more money... I needed a better quality of life.

The first month I made my goal with half the hours was the most successful I've ever felt. It allowed me to put those hours into longer term businesses and build my future.

So for me, that's success as a camgirl. Having the financial ability to plan for my future while still paying my bills.

I think its important in this thread for people to specify the difference between 'success for themselves' and what they see as 'success' in others. Really we can ONLY answer for our own personal idea of success for ourselves. ANything else (like this ridiculous top 100 shit, from someone who isn't a model) is absolute nonsense. The only person who could rightly see 'success' that way is leo. Since its going in his pocket.

How much money models are making on MFC only really effects leo's pocket and that models.

For me - Total success in life will be being able to have the financial freedom to start a no kill rescue with its own shelter. (not a foster network) and make a difference for those dogs. I want to be able to throw my all into it, and still live comfortably. When I ran a shelter before I threw my all into it but I was living in poverty. I don't know if this is a reality but to be financially able to help my parents and my ex-inlaws retire comfortably would be a REALLY good feeling. I guess essentially, it means all my wants and needs are taken care of and I am able to help others in a really tangible way.

Short term: Work life balance. Bills paid. basic needs like healthcare etc taken care of. Financial freedom to live where I want, travel home to NZ regularly, travel other places regularly and live comfortably. At the same time I want the free time to spend all this money I'm rolling in. I want a normal healthy social life. Free time to volunteer. Free money to give back sometimes. And to be physically fit/skilled enough to kick a full grown man's ass in a fight.

@lolli! Absolutely!

Success is in the eye of the beholder. If you as a model feel successful, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks... you are successful if you feel successful.

I_Am_Iris said:
To me, I will never feel "successful" at camming until I'm able to meet many other models (like at a convention or the mansion), and not have them ask, "Are you a model?" or "Who are you?"

Interesting you say that. I remember when I introduced myself to a model I look up to (she makes top 20 a lot) and she was like "Oh Miss_Lollipop! I know you! I've watched you a lot" with a flirty wink.

I about peed in my thong right there.

So i get it. peer recognition is often something that can make us feel successful.

however sometimes people look SO drastically different off camera.. as soon as they say their name I'm like OH I KNOW YOU but i might not recognize them right away. There are models I've tweeted with a bunch and i'm like 'wait who are you' at conventions, just because its such a different way of interacting.

People with crazy hair color, tattoos, or other really memorable features tend to get 'remembered' by me more than others. And i'd wager im not the only one.

Not having to worry about money- having enough for bills, savings, a bit of spending money, and travel. Still being able to have a lot of time and flexibility to spend with my family. Not being stressed about work. For me, if I'm making 3-4k/month I'm happy. It really varies by cost of living, how frugal a person is, how much debt they have, what they want to spend money on...it's impossible to put a one-size-fits-all number on success.

Miss_Lollipop said:
I_Am_Iris said:
To me, I will never feel "successful" at camming until I'm able to meet many other models (like at a convention or the mansion), and not have them ask, "Are you a model?" or "Who are you?"

Interesting you say that. I remember when I introduced myself to a model I look up to (she makes top 20 a lot) and she was like "Oh Miss_Lollipop! I know you! I've watched you a lot" with a flirty wink.

So i get it. peer recognition is often something that can make us feel successful.

however sometimes people look SO drastically different off camera.. as soon as they say their name I'm like OH I KNOW YOU but i might not recognize them right away. There are models I've tweeted with a bunch and i'm like 'wait who are you' at conventions, just because its such a different way of interacting.

People with crazy hair color, tattoos, or other really memorable features tend to get 'remembered' by me more than others. And i'd wager im not the only one.

I considered myself a successful ACF member when I heard some models at the Sophia's Cam Mansion say that is the guy that posts all the time on the forum after someone asked for my username here. Being recognized is nice, even if it is for excessive posting.

A lot of people have touched on this, but for me, I consider myself a student first, and a camgirl second. So my idea of success is being able to make enough money for a comfy student life (not scrounging at the end of the month, if my friends want to go out for drinks I can say yes without having to count my pennies first), and being able to make money in an efficient enough way that I don't have to spend eight hours a day working. Camming also becomes my social time, like a break from studying, which makes it perfect for me at this point.

So, when I can pay my bills/tuition/rent and have a bit of money left over for fun, and have enough time to do as much studying as I need to, I feel successful! My goal right now isn't to make piles of money or achieve a high rank (maybe one day :mrgreen:), so it's pretty simple for me. But obviously this doesn't translate the same to everyone!

Miss_Lollipop said:
I_Am_Iris said:

Models are so hard to recognize in person. There are so many girls I've talked to so many times that I met at the after party and I had to ask others who they were. And then I felt like a jerk.

Not being recognized by members made me sad though. I got a couple "Oh, so are you 'X camgirl's girlfriend? Maybe with the doc crew?" No, I'm SexySteph, this is my second mansion. :( lol Being recognized at conventions would definitely make me feel a sort of successful.

I know a couple of dudes in the same situation as me(parents paid for school,bought them a house and cars, job connections and basically gave them every opportunity to be successful) that I can't really consider successful. If you have all that and still decide to get high all day and play Call of Duty and go golfing, I don't think that should be considered successful. Can't really consider them failures either tho because they are doing exactly what they want with their lives. Can't just mooch off your parents and consider yourself successful because they are is what I'm trying to say I think.

Shaun__ said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
I_Am_Iris said:

I considered myself a successful ACF member when I heard some models at the Sophia's Cam Mansion say that is the guy that posts all the time on the forum after someone asked for my username here. Being recognized is nice, even if it is for excessive posting.

That's awesome, dude! I consider myself successful in the camiverse as a member when I can got into a models room, and they recognize me from ACF. Since I'm not a super huge poster, it must mean my posts have some value. In "real" life, I feel I consider myself successful when I can enjoy going to work and continue to be mellow and goofy in that environment while still makin' dat chedda.

SexyStephXS said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
I_Am_Iris said:

Models are so hard to recognize in person. There are so many girls I've talked to so many times that I met at the after party and I had to ask others who they were. And then I felt like a jerk.

Not being recognized by members made me sad though. I got a couple "Oh, so are you 'X camgirl's girlfriend? Maybe with the doc crew?" No, I'm SexySteph, this is my second mansion. :( lol Being recognized at conventions would definitely make me feel a sort of successful.

If I was there, I'd like stare at you for minute. Then, I'd say "Hi Steph." with my creepy wave. Then, I'd slowly back away while smiling. That'd be cool right. I'd think so.

DuoShi said:
SexyStephXS said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
I_Am_Iris said:

If I was there, I'd like stare at you for minute. Then, I'd say "Hi Steph." with my creepy wave. Then, I'd slowly back away while smiling. That'd be cool right. I'd think so.

Only if you SnapChat me about it afterwards!

PunkInDrublic said:
I know a couple of dudes in the same situation as me(parents paid for school,bought them a house and cars, job connections and basically gave them every opportunity to be successful) that I can't really consider successful. If you have all that and still decide to get high all day and play Call of Duty and go golfing, I don't think that should be considered successful. Can't really consider them failures either tho because they are doing exactly what they want with their lives. Can't just mooch off your parents and consider yourself successful because they are is what I'm trying to say I think.
I can totally understand that. It would be something along the lines of 'earning' everything you have versus receiving a gift. Sometimes when something amazing is given to us, freely or otherwise, we don't really feel like we've earned it so it taints the thing given to us. Compared to what someone else has, it may be really awesome, but because they put in X amount of hours of work to get theirs, we feel like imposters of sorts.

Happiness is the goal. Success is the amount of happiness you feel you have with your station in life. :twocents-02cents:

Related side note: I think people who are gifted something awesome (like your example: house, car, career, etc.) and run with it are successful. Sure they were given a really great head start, but they didn't squander it. They had an opportunity and did as much as they could with it. I'd definitely consider that successful, and smart.

LilyMarie said:
TicTacToe said:
Yeah, you must be trolling like Steph said.

Would you call a model unsuccessful if she makes, let's say, $8000 every month? :?
Saying only the top 100 are successful is ridiculous.

Besides, everyone defines success differently anyway.

If you compare yourself to your neighbor-with-a-straight-job who makes 2k a month, then making 8k sure seems successful, but then again, your neighbor with a straight job does not show himself naked on the internet and because of it doesn't have the same risks as you do as a camgirl. Your risk has a value and that is why you earn more.

If we are talking about success in itself then sure, success means achieving your objective, if that objective is to play video games all day, work 3 days a week and pay your bills and that is what you do, then kudos! you have succeeded!

But we are talking about *success as a camgirl* meaning: success in a particular profession. You measure it against other cam girls. When MFC's wiki page states that many models make $10k and the top models make $50k (http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Becomin ... _I_make.3F) then if you want to be successful you should beat what "many models" make. You can make it into top 100 with $12k a month. So that seems a fair to measure it.

Those of you who think I am trolling suffer from the elementary school competition syndrome in which everyone gets a trophy just for being there. In the real world adults understand that most people are average at what they do, and successful people are better than average. They also consider the TOP on their profession as the most successful examples. Some cam girls are bad, some cam girls are average, and only a few are successful, it is what successful means.

In regards to what Miss Lollipop and others say in a few threads, how do you know I am not a model? I have never said anything to indicate what or who I am, I haven't even specified my gender.

Status
Not open for further replies.