AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What Do You Search 4 When You Search?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ScarletRaven said:
When I perv, I love to visit my friends but mostly I look for people having a crap day. I am all out addicted to turning a camgirl's frown upside down. I search very hard for just the right person. Someone who seems to be trying hard but no matter what they do...nothing. I typically start searching from the last page and work my way up.

That's a great idea, I'm glad you shared.
xo

Jujuluvslife said:
When you're on a cam site like MFC what do you search for? Cam Score? Hairy/Shaved? Age? Location? Blonde/Brunette? do you even use the search engine or do you go straight to the most popular room?
I just scan the main page by camscore, looking for girl next door type, avoiding popular room, north america mainly. I don't use search. Sometimes I check the tag for my country but there's never anyone.
Otherwise I like checking people encountered outside MFC.

I rarely use the main search. If I do, I use it to find an off-line friend to check when they were last on-line. I use the Model-Tags search a lot more looking for geeks, nerds and gamers. Other more general tags are just about useless (like black hair, sexy). :-D

My main page is set to Europe sorted by camscore, but I usually start looking into rooms with less than 20 people in them.

Reactions: Jujuluvslife
SexyStephXS said:
I search ACF ladies or I go to my room and see what models are online currently that show up as the suggestions. :)

What a great idea!!

I have a long list of friends/favs so I don't search all that often anymore...

But when I do--I generally check out some of the tags I use which includes acf

Reactions: Jujuluvslife
I often use the MFC search feature. Sure, I'll check out models with high room counts, certain camscore ranges or whatever else, but I usually find myself trying to search for models listing activities that appeal to me at that time.

Before mentioning tags, though, the number one thing I look for is models with my then-of-interest keywords in their topic. Please, put a topic on your room! I probably don't have to say that to the wonderful models who frequent ACF, but I give much more weight to the second set of MFC search results (the room topics) than to the tags on the models profile (the third search result).

For clarity, searching by keyword on the main page returns (example search for "paper":
1) Models whose name contains the search term (PaperHeart, xXxTermPaperxXx, PixiePaperchase)
2) Models whose room topic contains the search term ("Watch me read the paper (25 tkns page turn)")
3) A list of tags (and models with those tags) containing the search term (Papergirl, Reads the paper, Loves paper dolls)
4) Recent models' news feed postings containing the search term ("I'll be on in 30 mins! Paper my room with tokens, please!")

So, back to the issue of room topics, if I'm looking for models doing a sports-themed show, and I search for "football", I'm much more likely to spend time reading room topics and visiting rooms that mention "football" than models who have the profile tag "football". The profile tag is still useful, and much better than not having tags, but room topic wins out. A room with "50 tkns to guess yardage for a flash #football #BearsPackers" is going to be more interesting than a profile tag "football" but no room topic. I might not even get to the tag listings if I find an interesting room topic.

As for tags, I love when models use good tags! By "good tags", I mean tags that are unique and meaningful. Sure, if you feel you are "fun", don't let me stop you from using "fun" as a tag, but when someone searches for "fun" and gets 1500 model results, it doesn't really help direct the member to a specific room.

Are you known for a specific type of show? Shower, lotion, cheese slices? Great! A certain attitude? Punk, goth, emo? Go with it! Roleplay? Nurse, teacher, nun? Rock on with your bad self!

Even if I'm not finding the room I want to stay in right now, if I search on "pudding" and find a model with the tag "loves banana pudding", while she might currently be doing something else, I might add her room as a friend and check back later.

All of the above, of course, is just my $0.02. :D Happy camming!

Status
Not open for further replies.