AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

what is a Processor for using on CB

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2023
Chaturbate Username
Bigman1947
is a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz good to use on OBS? I am trying to stream on CB and i used the streaming they had on there site and i am having problems with low bitrate and dropped frames .

Im not good in that but I will try help as i can- my processor is Intel core i5 9400F 2.90 Ghz and is really strong and great to stream in OBS. I have it in gaming computer. As i said- i dont know about processors but comparing parameters looks like your option is even stronger.

Upvote 0
The specs both seems fine, YOUR internet speed & connection will play a big role on those issues UP/DOWN rates, 25/10+ Shouldnt have a problem, anything lower could cause problems if your OBS settnigs are tweaked for your internet speeds & cam setting. 720/1080 will also use the most resources & cause drops if set to hi for your connection quality

Upvote 0
Im not good in that but I will try help as i can- my processor is Intel core i5 9400F 2.90 Ghz and is really strong and great to stream in OBS. I have it in gaming computer. As i said- i dont know about processors but comparing parameters looks like your option is even stronger.

It can do software encoding but nothing else because it has no onboard video, since you said yours is a gaming computer you probably have a decent video card and can use that for hardware encoding just fine. The problem is if you try to find a good deal on an i5 9400f computer you are likely to get stuck with a very crappy video card that can't handle hardware encoding, i've seen whole studios filled with these budget PCs using that processor and a horrible video card :facepalm:.

• Wat?!
Reactions: BlackWizard
Upvote 0
It can do software encoding but nothing else because it has no onboard video, since you said yours is a gaming computer you probably have a decent video card and can use that for hardware encoding just fine. The problem is if you try to find a good deal on an i5 9400f computer you are likely to get stuck with a very crappy video card that can't handle hardware encoding, i've seen whole studios filled with these budget PCs using that processor and a horrible video card :facepalm:.
uhhh this i didnt know. I know only that my stream works good on x264 encoder. I can stream even with 12 000 bitrate and 4k quality .The rest i have no idea about :p

Upvote 0
uhhh this i didnt know. I know only that my stream works good on x264 encoder. I can stream even with 12 000 bitrate and 4k quality .The rest i have no idea about :p

Oh ok thats software encoding, its fine it just uses more resources than hardware encoding.

I use global backup the one CB support has me using
Try others, if that doesn't work which encoder are you using in obs? Sometimes AMD hardware encoding can have issues.

Upvote 0
3600 is plenty fast enough for streaming (its what I have).
To help people assist you with what could be causing your issue you will need to provide more information.

Encoder: h264 (software)
Cpu: Ryzen 3600
GPU: ?
Ram: ?
Upload Speed: ?

Opening task manager while you are experiencing the issue can give some insight into if its a system issue or a network issue (if something is in the high 90% usage range (like 98-99%) then it needs to be upgraded, but unless you have a crap ton of background programs open or are doing heavy image processing with your stream (lots of effects and such) the 3600 shouldn't be the issue.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.