AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is going on with First Choice?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this is a Canadian only solution?

I believe so. Although it is worth it for models to check if their bank has a counterpart in the US.

Reactions: asia_lynn
Dan I absolutely feel for you, I really do. But this is definitely something that FCP needs to put an announcement out about STAT. there are hundreds, (thousands?) of us whose careers and lives are going to be completely devastated by this. I'm not trying to sound heartless to your situation and I applaud you IMMENSELY for coming on here and being our source of information when there is otherwise none, you have ALWAYS been a huge help to us. But I really think an official announcement is super important right now. When can we expect that? I have payments that are supposed to be processed on wednesday, friday and sunday and I'd have no idea what was going on if I hadn't seen a random tweet linking to this thread. I imagine a lot of girls are going to be veryyy unpleasantly surprised by this.
People will be angry, people are rightfully angry already, however we have to adapt. I had a choice, either wait for an official announcement to be released , or jump in, take the risk and do my best to assist within the constraints of the given situation. I chose the latter, and I will do it again.
You are right however that this is not about me, there's a huge crowd that I feel that I personally failed, even though it's beyond the scope of my decision. This was an action decided by Choice Bank, and not by anyone among my ranks. I am certain that additional solutions will be provided, either as a part of a strategy, or as an ad-hoc scenario.

SM Ladies in Canada paxum still appears to be a thing but only for non US residents. If you don't already have a valid paxum card DO NOT take this route. Their bank transfers are unreliable. Also I think today is the cutoff normally to change payment stuff on SM for the week but I hope they will extend that given the circumstances.

I made this tweet and have also emailed mfc asking them to step up to help. I don't know if it will much good but I just came here to say this is fucking horrible and also wonder why first choice has been the only option of it's kind for so long....

Good one. the only way I can work with sites like IWC, C4S, MV, MFC etc is through FCP. For now I have zero alternatives. I know business evolves and shit happens. But this is awful.

@Dan Epstein What about the payments that were already sent by sites but haven't been received yet? For example IWC processed payments on Apr 7th but we will receive them around Apr 11th-15th. Will we be able to withdraw those still?
Maybe look into IndieBill? https://www.getindiebill.com

Well for fuck sakes that's really sucky. Guess I'll be getting a cross border bank account.

Royal bank is the easiest but if you bank with TD they have the option as well but you have to call in to transfer funds where as RBC lets you do it online.

@Dan Epstein

So if I’m getting paid via FCP, not the card, the weekly transfer to my bank account, what happens to the payment that drops this Friday & would normally be in my account Tuesday?

I know you said these payments, “as far as you know are still functional” but SM takes a long time to send out $$$. It’s really crucial that we know, for sure, it will still be functional Friday-Tuesday. I’m about to move and cannot deal with my money disappearing into a virtual limbo.

From what I’ve seen of your posts here you’ve been very helpful. I wish Streamate would hire you, they could use your professionalism. :haha:

@Dan Epstein

So if I’m getting paid via FCP, not the card, the weekly transfer to my bank account, what happens to the payment that drops this Friday & would normally be in my account Tuesday?

I know you said these payments, “as far as you know are still functional” but SM takes a long time to send out $$$. It’s really crucial that we know, for sure, it will still be functional Friday-Tuesday. I’m about to move and cannot deal with my money disappearing into a virtual limbo.

From what I’ve seen of your posts here you’ve been very helpful. I wish Streamate would hire you, they could use your professionalism. :haha:
Was the payment already sent?

Royal bank is the easiest but if you bank with TD they have the option as well but you have to call in to transfer funds where as RBC lets you do it online.
I'm with BMO and they offer a US based bank account but not sure the transfer details of it. I'm hoping its easy as I don't want to switch banks haha but I could open a td or rbc and keep my Canadian bmo I guess! Gonna call them today and see!

MFC ladies outside of the US can use paxum as well @Miss_Lollipop BUT only if they already have the card. It can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months to receive it and their bank transfers have proven unreliable for me in the past.
Thanks I'll add that info to the thread

I'm with BMO and they offer a US based bank account but not sure the transfer details of it. I'm hoping its easy as I don't want to switch banks haha but I could open a td or rbc and keep my Canadian bmo I guess! Gonna call them today and see!

You can always email money transfer your funds to yourself if the BMO option sucks.

Good one. the only way I can work with sites like IWC, C4S, MV, MFC etc is through FCP. For now I have zero alternatives. I know business evolves and shit happens. But this is awful.

I am right there with you

literally ALL my paychecks are linked to FCP, its 5 days til payperiod, what the fuck am I suppose to do. IWC, manyvids and MFC...

I am looking into PAXUM but i only heard problems from it. Holy shit, i am lost.

Also reading this but the options for eastern/russian models only i dont think it can help me https://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Payment_Information_for_Models#Payment_methods

I will never trade sticking around here for anything, job or no job!

Hey Dan, I have some questions. I have a payment scheduled to come in today from my website via Model Centro. And of course like everyone else, a (small) cam payment coming in a few days, along with another payment from a clip site. My revenue is spread out. Going forward I'll have to look at other options, but what happens to my payment today and in a few days if they're not loaded to the card? Will it bounce back?

Was the payment already sent?

No. This is the check for the pay week that ended Saturday April 7th . Normally I get an email that next Friday, what would be April 13th, from both FCP and ICF saying my payment has been sent/transfered to my account. Then it shows up in my bank account on/by Tuesday 4/17.

Hopefully that makes sense, it’s kinda hard to explain why it takes 10 days to get paid lol. So yeah based the email ICF sends out it seems like they drop payments on Fridays but Tuesday’s are the last day we can change our payment type for that check.

We haven’t heard anything from SM yet but it’s still early on the West Coast.

@Dan Epstein please don't think for a second I'm blaming you AT ALL. You've been an incredible help in letting us know what's going on. It's the company itself as a whole that I think could have handled it better. You have been the only official confirmation that this is happening and I, for one, REALLY appreciate you stepping up to be here for us when you didn't have to.

Hey Dan, I have some questions. I have a payment scheduled to come in today from my website via Model Centro. And of course like everyone else, a (small) cam payment coming in a few days, along with another payment from a clip site. My revenue is spread out. Going forward I'll have to look at other options, but what happens to my payment today and in a few days if they're not loaded to the card? Will it bounce back?

Mel, I just managed to jump onto the live support with Model Centro and they stopped my payout for today (which would have gone to First Choice & likely bounced by the sounds of it). If you use the live support feature they might be able to hold your payment too, but I would do it quick before they send them xx

Mel, I just managed to jump onto the live support with Model Centro and they stopped my payout for today (which would have gone to First Choice & likely bounced by the sounds of it). If you use the live support feature they might be able to hold your payment too, but I would do it quick before they send them xx

yeah they just confirmed that they're holding all FCP payments across the platform :h: thanks babe.. the wire transfer option is minimum $1250 with them... ugh.... and I'm still kinda screwed for MV, CB, etc.. such a bummer omg

Has anyone used ExpressPay ? I can see that IWC has an option to get payed thru them .
*edit*
Actually I've just been looking thru their website and I don't see a Romanian bank listed as an option. How am I supposed to get my $$$ from IWC?!

Last edited:
yeah they just confirmed that they're holding all FCP payments across the platform :h: thanks babe.. the wire transfer option is minimum $1250 with them... ugh.... and I'm still kinda screwed for MV, CB, etc.. such a bummer omg

I'm totally gonna go ahead and take credit for that, since they didn't seem to have heard anything about it when I first spoke to them haha. Just kidding, but I'm so glad they have held FCP payouts for everyone!

& Yeah, I am so gutted to read that the minimum wire payout for Model Centro is $1250 :(

I've just spent the past half an hour taking various verification photos for CB in order to change my payout method. Just glad that this didn't happen on the 14th or 15th, the only small cloud lining is that we all have a few days to get everything in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.