AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She had already told me about her booking the vacation (just the destination) in a DM a few days before that show, so I don't doubt it's true.
Ok, I was just wondering if discussing it publicly was an effort to get interaction/participation during a time when many models have stated tipping has declined with limited viewers. For whatever reason, it seems she wanted viewers, around the world, to know where she'll be and when. 😱

I think it's OK to say u going to a country but yeah don't tell them which resort!

I would be happy if girls felt comfortable to tell me that but on the other hand I wouldn't want them to, because of how dangerous it can be.

Tell them afterwards where u have been!

I think it's OK to say u going to a country but yeah don't tell them which resort!

I would be happy if girls felt comfortable to tell me that but on the other hand I wouldn't want them to, because of how dangerous it can be.

Tell them afterwards where u have been!

This is good advice even in the non-camming sense. I know a lot of people who will not post anything on social media about their vacation - photos, details, etc - until after they’ve already left that location.

The dynamic between cam models and their viewers adds untold dangers to this, but in general, tipping random people off to your vacation date and location is a risk.

This is a disappointing thing, rather than an annoying one.
A model who I visit often, has planned a short vacation to break the winter blues and get away from snow and ice to somewhere nice and warm on the Mediterranean Sea.
I joined her room to see her excitedly telling everyone:
a) exactly which resort she is going to
b) the date of her arrival
c) where she will be staying
One of the members in the room wrote in the chat that he visits that city regularly, and was even suggesting good places to eat and visit. Another replied that he lives there.
I sent her a tip note suggesting that giving out that info could compromise her safety, and she told me I was unnecessarily concerned and should stop sounding worried.
Hmm.
I think you did the right thing bringing it up because it was a legitimate concern and also very possible that she didn’t realize the possible ramifications of giving out that info.

That said, her response tells that she may have some reason for wanting the info out there. I can think of several reasons this could be. It could be she just wants to share more to have users feel like they are part of her offscreen life. Or all the way at the other end of the range of motivations, and this may be unlikely in this case I don’t know, some models on SC DO engage in meetups and this would be a way to put those feelers out there.

At the end of the day, IMO you were justified to bring it up, but it’s just like any other advice you might give - she could take it or leave it. She’s an adult woman running her business. I know you know this, I’m not trying to insinuate that you don’t

Because she is needlessly providing entirely too much detailed personal information, makes me wonder if it's true. Her nonchalant response to your expression of concern might imply that she's not worried because she's not going to be there. I hope that's all it is.

It's like with a lot of things, people think "it won't happen to me", or "I'm not scared of anything", until it happens, of course.

This is a disappointing thing, rather than an annoying one.
A model who I visit often, has planned a short vacation to break the winter blues and get away from snow and ice to somewhere nice and warm on the Mediterranean Sea.
I joined her room to see her excitedly telling everyone:
a) exactly which resort she is going to
b) the date of her arrival
c) where she will be staying
One of the members in the room wrote in the chat that he visits that city regularly, and was even suggesting good places to eat and visit. Another replied that he lives there.
I sent her a tip note suggesting that giving out that info could compromise her safety, and she told me I was unnecessarily concerned and should stop sounding worried.
Hmm.

That’s very unfortunate. I’ve seen a model excitedly announce the FULL NAME of her baby boy she’d just given birth to. And I thought omg, whyyy. Save those details for your Facebook friends and family. Not the public chat of a sex site, or your adult work Twitter.

But what you’ve described above is more dangerous, imo.

I met a woman in person that I met online once. While we were spending time together, I asked her if her family or friends knew she was with me. She said no. I said.

A) they should
B) even if the answer is no, if a strange man you met on the internet that you are meeting for the first time in person asks you that YOU SAY YES

She said "I trust you" and while that's flattering my blood freezes at the thought of what might happen if she ever meets the wrong person. We're still close and I asked her if she ever meets anyone else, and doesn't want to tell her family or friends, to at least please tell me so SOMEONE knows.

God bless and protect people who are so trusting.

I met a woman in person that I met online once. While we were spending time together, I asked her if her family or friends knew she was with me. She said no. I said.

A) they should
B) even if the answer is no, if a strange man you met on the internet that you are meeting for the first time in person asks you that YOU SAY YES

She said "I trust you" and while that's flattering my blood freezes at the thought of what might happen if she ever meets the wrong person. We're still close and I asked her if she ever meets anyone else, and doesn't want to tell her family or friends, to at least please tell me so SOMEONE knows.

God bless and protect people who are so trusting.
Yeh. I used to do meets a long time ago, and I would always lie and say that no-one knew that I was there when asked, but I always had a close friend or my brother know. Sometimes girls say 'no' to put you at ease, because alot of my users used to worry about being jumped and robbed when they met cam girls. It seemed to be a real thing for them.

Yeh. I used to do meets a long time ago, and I would always lie and say that no-one knew that I was there when asked, but I always had a close friend or my brother know. Sometimes girls say 'no' to put you at ease, because alot of my users used to worry about being jumped and robbed when they met cam girls. It seemed to be a real thing for them.
See I would be worried that would embolden them to behave badly. Like maybe they should feel a bit uncomfortable. 😅

I think you did the right thing bringing it up because it was a legitimate concern and also very possible that she didn’t realize the possible ramifications of giving out that info.

That said, her response tells that she may have some reason for wanting the info out there. I can think of several reasons this could be. It could be she just wants to share more to have users feel like they are part of her offscreen life. Or all the way at the other end of the range of motivations, and this may be unlikely in this case I don’t know, some models on SC DO engage in meetups and this would be a way to put those feelers out there.

At the end of the day, IMO you were justified to bring it up, but it’s just like any other advice you might give - she could take it or leave it. She’s an adult woman running her business. I know you know this, I’m not trying to insinuate that you don’t
Yes! The possible motivations you mention entered my mind, also.

I suspect that it's just she doesn't perceive the risk is real.
Last year, she put a photo on her Telegram channel that showed her inside an elevator; the photo also showed the manufacturer's sign (that all elevators have in case of emergency) clearly stating the exact street address. It could've been a shopping mall, office building, her apartment or whatever, and she may have been visiting another city, but it seemed her awareness of keeping locations confidential was low or non-existent.
Same happened then, she brushed off the idea it put her at risk.

Models and members really need to be aware of phone apps as well. Especially ones which link to your phone number like Snapchat or Whatsapp. If you use a single sim card for both personal and camming communication then you might be surprised to find out how often you show up in things like "suggested friends" lists and so on. More and more non-social apps are trying to introduce social elements as well. Everything from language apps to music apps could be inadvertently revealing your real name and location to people you didn't expect it to, just because they are in your phone or email contact list. A lot of them show live locations as well, often enabled by default. I know I had a few scares where I hurriedly had to change settings.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Highlander884
Models and members really need to be aware of phone apps as well. Especially ones which link to your phone number like Snapchat or Whatsapp. If you use a single sim card for both personal and camming communication then you might be surprised to find out how often you show up in things like "suggested friends" lists and so on. More and more non-social apps are trying to introduce social elements as well. Everything from language apps to music apps could be inadvertently revealing your real name and location to people you didn't expect it to, just because they are in your phone or email contact list. A lot of them show live locations as well, often enabled by default. I know I had a few scares where I hurriedly had to change settings.
I skipped all of this by never having a working SIM card in the phone at all and location and geotagging is turned off on everything.

Imagine my surprise when I signed up for Chaturbate and it autopopulated my state into the location and I didn't realize it until someone mentioned it in chat. Bastards.

• Wat?!
Reactions: inertvolcano
I skipped all of this by never having a working SIM card in the phone at all and location and geotagging is turned off on everything.

Imagine my surprise when I signed up for Chaturbate and it autopopulated my state into the location and I didn't realize it until someone mentioned it in chat. Bastards.
Yep. My model friend added me on a social media app linked to phone number and because she had previously had a personal account, it showed me her old username, which was essentially her full real name. I mean, I already knew it anyway, but that's not quite the point here.

• Wat?!
I've said before camgirl personal tiktok account came up when I joined it.
Also although it wasn't a real account (bot) another lady's photo appeared on tinder.
So it's also worry that maybe face recognition with social apps too.
(Although paranoia reminds me that both ladies r from ukraine)

Yep. My model friend added me on a social media app linked to phone number and because she had previously had a personal account, it showed me her old username, which was essentially her full real name. I mean, I already knew it anyway, but that's not quite the point here.
And @Highlander884 , this one bit both ways, because she then created a cam model specific account with the same number, only to belatedly realise that all of her family and friends outside of camming (and who don't know she cams) suddenly were offered an account with her number but displaying her cam model name as a friend. It's a fucking minefield.

• Wat?!
And @Highlander884 , this one bit both ways, because she then created a cam model specific account with the same number, only to belatedly realise that all of her family and friends outside of camming (and who don't know she cams) suddenly were offered an account with her number but displaying her cam model name as a friend. It's a fucking minefield.
Even as a member, it's always worth signing up by email if that option is available (and use a burner email account) rather than phone number. I'd also suggest cloning apps if your phone allows this, rather than switching between logins on the same installation of an app because at this point I wouldn't trust a social media app not to cross pollinate friends from two unrelated accounts logged in to the same app.

Reactions: ElGato
I tipped for a custom and confirmed with the model what the tip is for but I had to wait until later that day to send her what I wanted. After I sent her the specs, she "reminds" me that I need to tip for the custom. >_<

I tipped for a custom and confirmed with the model what the tip is for but I had to wait until later that day to send her what I wanted. After I sent her the specs, she "reminds" me that I need to tip for the custom. >_<
That sounds sus from both sides. You cant tip for customs BEFORE talking to the model.

Exactly as Nikkiss said. I have it very clear on my profile that if you tip for any service before having my agreement on it, I'll consider it as a tip.

Edit because that sounded confusing - I'll consider it a tip rather than a payment for said service.

Exactly as Nikkiss said. I have it very clear on my profile that if you tip for any service before having my agreement on it, I'll consider it as a tip.

Edit because that sounded confusing - I'll consider it a tip rather than a payment for said service.
Yup. Just beacause you have x to offer for x service, you cannot shove that amount on our throats before we agree to anything lol
I am sure she loved the gift 🎂🎂
Even if the model has default prices, members can ask for stuff we feel very yuck about.

That sounds sus from both sides. You cant tip for customs BEFORE talking to the model.
I didn't want to get too much into detail about what happened. It was a type of custom off a menu and boundaries were already agreed on beforehand. Anyway, it turns out she had a brain fart and mixed me up with another customer. Misunderstandings are annoying.

I didn't want to get too much into detail about what happened. It was a type of custom off a menu and boundaries were already agreed on beforehand. Anyway, it turns out she had a brain fart and mixed me up with another customer. Misunderstandings are annoying.
I have lots of brain farts on camera and out of it. Don't blame ya girl. Make yourself stand out 👻 I hope you enjoy your vid.

Not annoying but shocking for me. One of the more popular lady's I follow. Broadcasted while on holiday.....with 5 members and mods from her room with her. They were long term and generous members but still shocked to see that she was willing to meet up with them as its something I wouldn't advise (something I think most of u models would also advise)

Still looking at the broadcast I saw the guys behaved themselves (she's non nude and only teases) and in chat always seemed OK and didn't try anything, I guess she would feel safer with a group of them rather then one or 2.

But......I was still shocked and hoped she had a weapon with her.

She had all 5 of them there in the room with her?? Or just said they were present at the same location?
Was wondering the same.

If in the room and being shown on stream, on SC, unless they were also verified models it'd be a suspension or maybe even a permanent ban.

ETA also on SC; meeting with members is forbidden so actually it'd be a ban I am sure.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Was wondering the same.

If in the room and being shown on stream, on SC, unless they were also verified models it'd be a suspension or maybe even a permanent ban.
Same for CB - they'd all need to be age verified. I'm thinking she must've just said the guys were present, can't imagine too many users would find find that show appealing......

Reactions: Vixxen81 and Ozzie_
Being attached to their phone during a stream is a major turn off. Having said that, the other day I did have a model answer a phone call in the middle of a private while she was performing oral on another girl. This was an exception to the rule as I genuinely laughed because it was so unexpected and she was in the middle of the act.

Status
Not open for further replies.