AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3. Get on cam when they're ill or really not feeling up to it, and they should really be resting, instead - cam when you're feeling closer to 100%.

Believe it or not, they don't want to be there when they are ill either. They NEED to because they can't afford to take the time off - just like anyone with other work outside of the sex industry, many will still work unless they physically can't, it's quite literally a necessity and needed, even more so with stuff like cam modelling since they don't get paid sick leave.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Beat me to it 😂

My 2 cents on the most annoying things models can do (apologies for some likely re-posts):

1. Not understand how MFC works when they 1st log onto their room - the "I'm new and overwhelmed" stuff is annoying and gets old, quickly.
2. Not silencing guests or basics in their room (this should be fundamental).
3. Get on cam when they're ill or really not feeling up to it, and they should really be resting, instead - cam when you're feeling closer to 100%.
4. Shamlessly hawk their SnapChat and or OnlyFans, instead of actually camming.
5. Cam from a cell phone instead of a laptop or a recently model iPad, at least. And then not realize their cam image is sideways or upsidedown.
6. Just sit there in the same pose, in the same room - even in group or private - endlessly.
7. Not having a whiteboard or tip menu of some kind, but sitting there asking for tips to "show or do something".
8. Bad lighting / too dark - members cannot see the model clearly - we won't take u private if we can't see you.
9. Being a non-nude model is OK - just be up front about it, advertise it on your profile, and in a menu tag - don't act like you're unaware.
10. Outrageously high pre-tips before going private (if you really don't want to do groups or privates, just disable the link from your end).
11. Trying to answer everyone's PMs and be "all things to all people". Charge us for the ability to PM, and make it a high enough amount.
12. Don't remember what's on their own MFC share and not refreshing the content there after a reasonable amount of time.
13. Broken web links to their twitter, IG, etc. posted on their menu and MFC profiles. It only takes minutes to perform some basic maintenance.
14. Forgetting whom their "regulars" and "good customers" are. When models remember that I've taken them private a few times, and they reach out for me - it scores points.
15. Over reliance on the Lush / lovesense (but I do know lots of dudes like it).

Now, having said all this, models whom have been successful on MFC for years and are "pros" at camming, can get away with whatever they want, and not care about any of the above.

Best of luck to all cam models and I wish you success in this medium.
Many of these complaints are around you expecting models to be stable, experienced, well set up from the get go. They don't mesh well with the reality of sex work.
Many of us, myself included, get into it out of desperation. I was using a built in cam, I had sheets up to cover holes in my walls, I had bad lighting because I couldn't afford better. I had a hole in my front tooth I couldn't afford to fix so I never smiled. I was overwhelmed, and confused when I started like everyone else but I desperately needed the $$. I cammed when I was ill or not up to it, I cammed with bruises on my body.

I made $$, I invested in myself, I got out of a bad situation, I got better equipment, I learned how to run my room, how to light myself etc. I had a solid 10 year career on MFC.

The ability not to cam when you're sick, to have good equipment, etc is a privilege. And it's not one all sex workers have.

You can absolutely move on past those rooms that aren't up to your high standards, but to post them as genuinely annoying things is not real great.

My 2 cents on the most annoying things models can do (apologies for some likely re-posts):

1. Not understand how MFC works when they 1st log onto their room - the "I'm new and overwhelmed" stuff is annoying and gets old, quickly.
5. Cam from a cell phone instead of a laptop or a recently model iPad, at least. And then not realize their cam image is sideways or upsidedown.
6. Just sit there in the same pose, in the same room - even in group or private - endlessly.
7. Not having a whiteboard or tip menu of some kind, but sitting there asking for tips to "show or do something".
8. Bad lighting / too dark - members cannot see the model clearly - we won't take u private if we can't see you.
9. Being a non-nude model is OK - just be up front about it, advertise it on your profile, and in a menu tag - don't act like you're unaware.
10. Outrageously high pre-tips before going private (if you really don't want to do groups or privates, just disable the link from your end).
11. Trying to answer everyone's PMs and be "all things to all people". Charge us for the ability to PM, and make it a high enough amount.
12. Don't remember what's on their own MFC share and not refreshing the content there after a reasonable amount of time.
13. Broken web links to their twitter, IG, etc. posted on their menu and MFC profiles. It only takes minutes to perform some basic maintenance.
14. Forgetting whom their "regulars" and "good customers" are. When models remember that I've taken them private a few times, and they reach out for me - it scores points.
15. Over reliance on the Lush / lovesense (but I do know lots of dudes like it).

Now, having said all this, models whom have been successful on MFC for years and are "pros" at camming, can get away with whatever they want, and not care about any of the above.

You’re essentially dehumanising people with this post.

Agreed. When I first signed up as a viewer on CB a little under a month ago, I went into several rooms and did a few privates, getting a feel for it all. One room stood out to me and I did multiple privates there over a few days in-a-row. Now when I enter the room I immediately get PM'd. Of course they want my tokens, but now for me it's about the relational side in addition to the shows. They will chat with me extensively, but of course I still tip for their time even without anything sexual being done. It's those things that, as you say, score more points and keep me coming back and giving them tokens.

This just sounds like petty grievances in a pursuit to find your "perfect" or "ideal" model that you've conceptualized.

A lot to tackle here but just a few responses from a user. My replies in bold

C'mon man, everyone starts somewhere. You've never used a new software or web app that you were not a pro in but dived right in excited to learn?

This is your preference. You do not get to dictate how a model runs her room. Bid her well and move on

Fucks sake. Are you employed? Are you saying you've never gone to work when you were not "100%"? Because A) you needed the money, or B) because there would be repercussions for missing too much time because you were not "100%"?

Again, everyone starts somewhere. You can polite say that turning off 'auto rotate' on the phone would fix the cam jumping or, you can bid her well and move on.

Maybe consider the model has been camming so much that that one pose is the only pose she doesn't have excruciating back pain? If that is not up to your standards, bid her well and move on.

Again, everyone starts somewhere. They are doing the best with what they have. Again, If that is not up to your standards, bid her well and move on.

Every model has the right to set her pricing structure and privates as she sees fit. You do not get to dictate how a model runs her room. Bid her well and move on

Seriously?? I post daily to a social media site and if you said to me "I love that pic you posted 2 days ago", My answer would be "WTF one was that. I post a lot".
As far as not posting enough content for your likes, She is posting what she can, when she can and when she wants to. Yet again, you do not dictate how a model runs her online presence and also again, Bid her well and move on.

The question of this thread is "What's the most annoying thing a model can do?"
An example of an appropriate on-topic answer would be "pick her nose on cam"

Your laundry list is petty grievances and pretty much shows you will NEVER find a model you won't find something to complain about

*cue loaded question*

I am curious! As a model or member, do you think the most annoying thing is that a model can do? It can be either on or off cam.

I'll start with my top two:

It really weirds me out when a model starts to blame viewers for not giving her enough money. I am all for a lady saying, "If we don't reach the goal in X minutes I'm out of here", but it is another matter entirely to see a model say, "wtf is wrong with you people? Why aren't you giving me money? This is an amazing show and it's not going to be my fault if it doesn't get started." That is probably the biggest thing that makes me not want to tip. I just feel bad and guilty and I want to leave.

My other one is when a lady uses photos from other women to promote her own stuff. Especially on Tumblr it is REALLY common for models to reblog/reuse photos from other models and sex workers, and then add her own information and links to the text. Usually all I can think of is, "if this chick can't create her own decent content, won't everyone be disappointed when they find out the promo picture is so much better than the real thing?"
Isn't it normal to think like that? the person is in his job, there are people watching and enjoying the way they can and the streamer earns nothing, do you think it makes you want to continue? haven't you understood that if people don't sponsor the streamers, they stop going there? and I speak as a camboy

This just sounds like petty grievances in a pursuit to find your "perfect" or "ideal" model that you've conceptualized.

A lot to tackle here but just a few responses from a user. My replies in bold

C'mon man, everyone starts somewhere. You've never used a new software or web app that you were not a pro in but dived right in excited to learn?

This is your preference. You do not get to dictate how a model runs her room. Bid her well and move on

Fucks sake. Are you employed? Are you saying you've never gone to work when you were not "100%"? Because A) you needed the money, or B) because there would be repercussions for missing too much time because you were not "100%"?

Again, everyone starts somewhere. You can polite say that turning off 'auto rotate' on the phone would fix the cam jumping or, you can bid her well and move on.

Maybe consider the model has been camming so much that that one pose is the only pose she doesn't have excruciating back pain? If that is not up to your standards, bid her well and move on.

Again, everyone starts somewhere. They are doing the best with what they have. Again, If that is not up to your standards, bid her well and move on.

Every model has the right to set her pricing structure and privates as she sees fit. You do not get to dictate how a model runs her room. Bid her well and move on

Seriously?? I post daily to a social media site and if you said to me "I love that pic you posted 2 days ago", My answer would be "WTF one was that. I post a lot".
As far as not posting enough content for your likes, She is posting what she can, when she can and when she wants to. Yet again, you do not dictate how a model runs her online presence and also again, Bid her well and move on.

The question of this thread is "What's the most annoying thing a model can do?"
An example of an appropriate on-topic answer would be "pick her nose on cam"

Your laundry list is petty grievances and pretty much shows you will NEVER find a model you won't find something to complain about

to wake up from a 5* nap to this... :h:
Good Morning Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

There was so much to pick on - but I am going with this. Now, dear members, correct me if I am wrong... but i was under the impression that nobody likes to be bombarded with PMs when they have just come in, regardless of their spending history with a model?

Yes - it is of course good service to know your clients and remember their wants and needs, but reaching out to them feels a bit like a fishing expedition more than a "score pointing " exercise. Although at the end of the day, thats exactly what it would be, a token scoring exercise.

Unimpressed Viola Davis GIF

Agreed. When I first signed up as a viewer on CB a little under a month ago, I went into several rooms and did a few privates, getting a feel for it all. One room stood out to me and I did multiple privates there over a few days in-a-row. Now when I enter the room I immediately get PM'd. Of course they want my tokens, but now for me it's about the relational side in addition to the shows. They will chat with me extensively, but of course I still tip for their time even without anything sexual being done. It's those things that, as you say, score more points and keep me coming back and giving them tokens.

I got the impression that he expects models to kiss his ass and give him extra one-on-one attention via PM (while she’s trying to work, and SHOULD be focusing on her public chat), just because he’s a “good spender/good regular.” And if that’s what he means, that’s the kind of entitled member that many of us find annoying…and draining. Good grief…

i was under the impression that nobody likes to be bombarded with PMs when they have just come in, regardless of their spending history with a model?

Yes - it is of course good service to know your clients and remember their wants and needs, but reaching out to them feels a bit like a fishing expedition more than a "score pointing " exercise. Although at the end of the day, thats exactly what it would be, a token scoring exercise.
I'll jump in here... I like being greeted when I enter my favorite regular room. Seeing the model smile on cam when she sees pantops enter also brings me joy. But of course the PM is a token fishing expedition. That is the point of the website after all. The personal touch is what keeps me coming back. On occasion, however, I will go into different rooms and get PM'd immediately. I consider that different, but I engage and tip nonetheless.

Reactions: CallMeMaria
There was so much to pick on - but I am going with this. Now, dear members, correct me if I am wrong... but i was under the impression that nobody likes to be bombarded with PMs when they have just come in, regardless of their spending history with a model?

Yeah unless I am a regular a girl sending me a free pm when I enter (I do understand why girls do it though) is more likely to make me move on. also helps give members the belief they can go in any room and expect/demand free pm for pvt etc.

Of course it is. I know some models who are teached by their studio to do so. There are viewers who like that. It is kinda trap. The users become more or less regulars, and when they enter the room, they immediately get 'attention' and then are feeling special. Like the model only doing it to them and noone else. Although in reality it is different of course.

Those are often guys who get love conned easily and spend lots of money when all is going perfect for the model.

It can go on to the very well known root private 'love' messages by the model to the user or giving them 'special' access to their private social media and so on and so on.

These users think that they are the only 'babies' of the model and the only ones who get 'kisses' and 'hugs'.

Some guys get hooked liked that very easily.

Immediate PMs from a model to whose room I never have been to before and I am out as soon as I was in.

Last edited:
I'll jump in here... I like being greeted when I enter my favorite regular room. Seeing the model smile on cam when she sees pantops enter also brings me joy. But of course the PM is a token fishing expedition. That is the point of the website after all. The personal touch is what keeps me coming back. On occasion, however, I will go into different rooms and get PM'd immediately. I consider that different, but I engage and tip nonetheless.
I like to be greeted when I enter a room as well, although I'm not sure I deserve a better welcome just because I'm a regular. The personal touch is everything for me too.

I don't communicate by PM at all but I can see how they would become quite time-consuming at the models end. The model I visit and I do communicate offline, using Whatsapp and Snapchat but she totally sets the schedule on that and rarely if ever responds in working time (nor do I expect her to) unless we are sharing something that we are actually currently discussing in chat at that moment. Because we have a time difference, it has the added bonus of me often waking up to a nice message.

You know..

A lot of these things - do you greet members, do you turn of basics etc - the prevailing wisdom never quite worked for me.

For example: On MFC when my room got quiet but I had a lot of ppl watching me, I'd go through my user list and be like "Hey guys! You're all not feeling super chatty huh! feel free to jump in and say hi! Hi there: *goes through names!* and I'd read off the names, make jokes about user names or ask where stuff was from. Sometimes guys just needed an opener. It didn't run people off for me it got me talkers and tippers.
Also at the end of the shift I'd often sign off by going through my room list and saying goodbye to EVERY SINGLE PREMIUM in the room (which after a cum show was often fairly long). I'd end with "Goodnight basics! Goodnight guests!" I would sometimes log off and immediately get offline tips from people who hadn't said a WORD, or I'd notice the name return next time and start chatting.
Before I logged on, I'd often sit online and go through my friendslist (which anyone who tipped me got added to) and send out quick chatty messages. If I got no response, I'd note it down and try a second time another day. Then I wouldn't message that person again. But I'd message a few people and it always meant I started with a few people in my room, and would get tips flowing.

As far turning basics on - I didn't do it when my room was busy but when I was newer and it was quiet it was an easy way to get the conversation flowing! Sometimes I'd turn them into premiums. I just blocked the twats.

Models should stress test things in their rooms, not assume that because it doesn't work well for someone else, it won't work well for them.

You know..

A lot of these things - do you greet members, do you turn of basics etc - the prevailing wisdom never quite worked for me.

For example: On MFC when my room got quiet but I had a lot of ppl watching me, I'd go through my user list and be like "Hey guys! You're all not feeling super chatty huh! feel free to jump in and say hi! Hi there: *goes through names!* and I'd read off the names, make jokes about user names or ask where stuff was from. Sometimes guys just needed an opener. It didn't run people off for me it got me talkers and tippers.
Also at the end of the shift I'd often sign off by going through my room list and saying goodbye to EVERY SINGLE PREMIUM in the room (which after a cum show was often fairly long). I'd end with "Goodnight basics! Goodnight guests!" I would sometimes log off and immediately get offline tips from people who hadn't said a WORD, or I'd notice the name return next time and start chatting.
Before I logged on, I'd often sit online and go through my friendslist (which anyone who tipped me got added to) and send out quick chatty messages. If I got no response, I'd note it down and try a second time another day. Then I wouldn't message that person again. But I'd message a few people and it always meant I started with a few people in my room, and would get tips flowing.

As far turning basics on - I didn't do it when my room was busy but when I was newer and it was quiet it was an easy way to get the conversation flowing! Sometimes I'd turn them into premiums. I just blocked the twats.

Models should stress test things in their rooms, not assume that because it doesn't work well for someone else, it won't work well for them.
I can tell you without even trying this won't for me as I am not that nice. I have tried saying hi to people (even past tippers) and they just run or say Hi back and expect something EXTRA so they will tip me. This piss me off too much. For my own mental health, my energy is reserved for very few people.

I can tell you without even trying this won't for me as I am not that nice. I have tried saying hi to people (even past tippers) and they just run or say Hi back and expect something EXTRA so they will tip me. This piss me off too much. For my own mental health, my energy is reserved for very few people.
Yeah 100% don't recommend it for everyone. I had a very specific (chaotic) camming style, a busy/highly social room that fostered a sense of community. That community could make people feel awkward to say something in chat, so using this to welcome people in worked well for me.

I guess I just want to point out that there are exceptions to rules, every model is different and what works will vary based on model, room vibe, luck, site, etc.

Yeah 100% don't recommend it for everyone. I had a very specific (chaotic) camming style, a busy/highly social room that fostered a sense of community. That community could make people feel awkward to say something in chat, so using this to welcome people in worked well for me.

I guess I just want to point out that there are exceptions to rules, every model is different and what works will vary based on model, room vibe, luck, site, etc.
I also try to have a sense of community because it's Chaturbate -- that's how the site started, after all. Chat with hot people and have an orgasm if you want! It's slowly grown away from that and I personally have not adjusted but I think I'm going to try to be less chatty to people who are not already in the "core group" and if they want that much attention from me they need to participate like the core group does...or something. I haven't figure it out just yet.

Reactions: Ozzie_
It's probably been mentioned but it happened to me the other day. Getting a bunch of messages as soon as I login before I even enter a room. I know it's silly but in the back of my mind I get a feeling of an obligation to visit even if I don't really want to that day. Then if I don't visit I get a little feeling of guilt for not visiting. I know all the reasons it doesn't make sense but it's still like returning phone calls from an acquaintance.

It's probably been mentioned but it happened to me the other day. Getting a bunch of messages as soon as I login before I even enter a room. I know it's silly but in the back of my mind I get a feeling of an obligation to visit even if I don't really want to that day. Then if I don't visit I get a little feeling of guilt for not visiting. I know all the reasons it doesn't make sense but it's still like returning phone calls from an acquaintance.
I emptied a lot of my mfc friends list more or so because of this. I would never pm anyone outside my room but truth is, it hurts seeing they are "ignoring" you. The guys I said hi and run were indeed on my room. The nerve, they wanna lurk but no responsability to even interact. I am not a pornhub movie.

That said I did say hi to a member last night that wasn't yet on my room because he helped cheer the fuck outta me on a bad day (even if he didn't tip highly he was waiting on line for groups so I could grab someone's tokens). Not a whale but trully worried about my goals, life & bills. I could SEE his tokens so he wasn't being stingy at all.

Reactions: Omne35
I emptied a lot of my mfc friends list more or so because of this. I would never pm anyone outside my room but truth is, it hurts seeing they are "ignoring" you. The guys I said hi and run were indeed on my room. The nerve, they wanna lurk but no responsability to even interact. I am not a pornhub movie.

That said I did say hi to a member last night that wasn't yet on my room because he helped cheer the fuck outta me on a bad day (even if he didn't tip highly he was waiting on line for groups so I could grab someone's tokens). Not a whale but trully worried about my goals, life & bills. I could SEE his tokens so he wasn't being stingy at all.
I know it can be unpleasant to feel ignored, that's why I feel a little guilty when it happens. If a model did it every once in a while it wouldn't bother me but too many is a problem. On MFC there were a couple of models that would send me two or three messages every single time I logged in if they were on, and they were on a lot.

I know it can be unpleasant to feel ignored, that's why I feel a little guilty when it happens. If a model did it every once in a while it wouldn't bother me but too many is a problem. On MFC there were a couple of models that would send me two or three messages every single time I logged in if they were on, and they were on a lot.
I understand it but that's because my whole life has been a power trip. I can easily spot when someone is trying to take advantage of me and saying hi first deff gives power away. They must be very nice ladies or just could not care less.

The most annoying thing...? Not remembering that you are visible to everyone when you are on cam. I have seen a model in a slow room pick her nose-and eat the contents. Or tweezering her pubes .

• Funny!
Reactions: NotYou
Models who call you a liar without good cause or for some reason seem to think you have an unlimited supply of money.
Usually, with the money issue, I make 1 of 2 jokes, and it usually lets the model know in a nice, polite and subtle way "I am not rich, I do not have money constantly that I can just give to models" - and most understand and accept it, and some will even have a little chuckle at it and say they also didn't do it (refer to "joke 1" below):

1) I forgot to plant my money tree in the garden so now I don't have an unlimited supply
(most models have a joke back at this one saying they did too, or something similar, and it shows my point but in a nice way, even if it is sounding very sarcastic, it isn't meant rudely)

2) I can't just make money appear out of thin air.

In the past few days, a model who had been gone for about 3 or 4 months suddenly came back.
We've had some shows, all good - I have always been honest to say I can't always do lots of shows or tips and I never make promises to any model when I will/can give tokens, as I never know specifically.
But she keeps going on about it in PM, and keeps trying the whole "you don't love me anymore" (I never said I do, for the record).. now she has some guy who has tipped her about 600 tokens, and she keeps sending me screenshots of each time he tips her 100+ tokens.. not sure if this is meant as a way to try insult me or to try to make me get annoyed and go tip her too or what, but it's weird and annoying.

I really did like this model and her private was always fun, but this has all made me unfollow her and I won't ever return to her.

Edit:
Just to add, during this time of her calling me a liar, she was also calling me a few little names and insults for not tipping her.

Models who call you a liar without good cause or for some reason seem to think you have an unlimited supply of money.
Usually, with the money issue, I make 1 of 2 jokes, and it usually lets the model know in a nice, polite and subtle way "I am not rich, I do not have money constantly that I can just give to models" - and most understand and accept it, and some will even have a little chuckle at it and say they also didn't do it (refer to "joke 1" below):

1) I forgot to plant my money tree in the garden so now I don't have an unlimited supply
(most models have a joke back at this one saying they did too, or something similar, and it shows my point but in a nice way, even if it is sounding very sarcastic, it isn't meant rudely)

In the past few days, a model who had been gone for about 3 or 4 months suddenly came back.
We've had some shows, all good - I have always been honest to say I can't always do lots of shows or tips and I never make promises to any model when I will/can give tokens, as I never know specifically.
But she keeps going on about it in PM, and keeps trying the whole "you don't love me anymore" (I never said I do, for the record).. now she has some guy who has tipped her about 600 tokens, and she keeps sending me screenshots of each time he tips her 100+ tokens.. not sure if this is meant as a way to try insult me or to try to make me get annoyed and go tip her too or what, but it's weird and annoying.

I really did like this model and her private was always fun, but this has all made me unfollow her and I won't ever return to her.

Edit:
Just to add, during this time of her calling me a liar, she was also calling me a few little names and insults for not tipping her.

Yeah, unless you had a specific understanding with this model that you liked being humiliated (or were at least cool with it), sending you screenshots of another member’s tips is just obnoxious and rude. Especially if you’re still tipping her something (in other words, maybe you don’t have a lot of money but you’re also not freeloading on her shows).

It sounds like she doesn’t believe that you can’t tip more than you do currently, and is maybe angry about it. The thing is, you never know what someone’s finances look like. A strong financial past does not guarantee it will always be that way, especially these days. Shaming someone for being low on cash is pretty nasty. Especially if they’ve helped you out in the past, when they did have the means.

Edit:
The liar part reminded me of a truly weird experience I had a couple of years ago. I entered a chat room, said hi and asked about a private. No problem so far. We went into the private which started normally. Suddenly she starts yelling that I was the one who ruined a previous private show by spying on it. I had never seen her before in my life and told her that. She kept yelling that I was lying and she knew it was me. After a few loud minutes I finally gave up and ended it. I was trying to figure out how spying would ruin a show. Since I've never done it on any site I was completely lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.