AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CallMeWilliam said:
mynameisbob84 said:
That was after he'd called her a bitch (in not just one thread, but two), as well as being spoiled, and ditzy. All completely unprovoked.
And she basically called him an alcoholic and made reference to issues with his mother; did he (Bocefish) tell her (PlayboyMegan) to off herself as well in the context of the thread?

It takes two to tango and I saw both of them dancing pretty damn hard over the course of the thread. Regardless who started it; wanting someone to kill themselves over a few random derogatory comments on a forum is pretty offensive, but then that is just me and you are more than welcome to disagree with me.

Done with my :twocents-02cents:
OMG. I'm so sorry. I never said he should kill himself. I hope nobody took it to mean that. I was really only hoping for a near-death experience.

You know like one of those tunnels of light you come back from and wake up in your own vomit and realize everyday is another day to turn it all around.

CallMeWilliam said:
mynameisbob84 said:
That was after he'd called her a bitch (in not just one thread, but two), as well as being spoiled, and ditzy. All completely unprovoked.
And she basically called him an alcoholic and made reference to issues with his mother; did he (Bocefish) tell her (PlayboyMegan) to off herself as well in the context of the thread?

It takes two to tango and I saw both of them dancing pretty damn hard over the course of the thread. Regardless who started it; wanting someone to kill themselves over a few random derogatory comments on a forum is pretty offensive, but then that is just me and you are more than welcome to disagree with me.

I'm sorry, but Megan is hardly the bad guy here. She was actually responding to someone else's post, and then out of nowhere Bocefish started going off on her in a rant that she didn't provoke. I'd think Bocefish's friends on this forum (whoever they may be) would be more concerned with him getting some help, rather than be so quick to jump to his defense. Making an ass out of yourself and then later saying "I was drunk" is so juvenile.

You said that Megan's comment offended you, but I didn't see anyone on here getting upset a while back when bawksy told a model "Kill yourself." And the model he said that to hadn't done ANYTHING to provoke him.

PlayboyMegan said:
CallMeWilliam said:
mynameisbob84 said:

OMG. I'm so sorry. I never said he should kill himself. I hope nobody took it to mean that. I was really only hoping for a near-death experience.

You know like one of those tunnels of light you come back from and wake up in your own vomit and realize everyday is another day to turn it all around.
I confess I thought that's what you meant, but then I thought .... it's become a casual expression of annoyance for some people, that's probably how she's using it :p You know how people say "you're too stupid, just go jump off a bridge"?
They never expect the person to be stupid enough to follow their advice.

FrenchKitty said:
it's become a casual expression of annoyance for some people, that's probably how she's using it :p You know how people say "you're too stupid, just go jump off a bridge"?

Yeah, my sister used the expression "Kill yourself" too...lol. When she deleted her Facebook account, our cousin told me "Tell your sister to come back to Facebook!" When I relayed the message to my sister, she rolled her eyes and was like "Oh god...tell her I said 'Kill yourself'." :lol:

PlayboyMegan said:
CallMeWilliam said:
mynameisbob84 said:

I just saw it as you were defending yourself against a drunk. Not at all to be taken literally. You had a right to defend yourself especially since he has a habit of disrespecting models on this forum.

UncleThursday said:
OK, getting back on topic...

I seriously find it annoying when models put something in their topic that they have no intention of doing. Like last night, without mentioning names, though some may know who it is:

A model was playing Mortal Kombat, I noticed it when I moused over her preview pic. So I opened her in PM, and her topic said "If I lose, I get naked!"

Needless to say, she lost, badly-- she was playing on expert. So as a joke I tipped with the two Mortal Kombat fatality GIFs I made for the site (fatality1 and fatality2). Then her topic changed to "can I go to the bathroom?" and she was off cam for a few minutes. Then she came back and changed her topic to "I love you ALL!" and never removed a piece of clothing for the remaining half hour or so she was online.

Now, I wasn't in her room, so her regs might have been saying and tipping for not getting naked... and she is a very popular model, so she probably had a ton of people in her room anyway.

But, when it comes to your topic, unless it is obviously going to be a joke topic... like "1 billion tokens to fist my ass!" which is obviously a joke topic based on the amount of tokens wanted (and for the record, I am not a fan of fisting, at all), then don't put anything in a topic that seems like it could be genuine and then never follow through.

In this case it was the first time I had tipped this model. And I only tipped 20 tokens in total, so it's not like I feel ripped off. But if a model is going to go through the effort of doing something like that, with a topic that genuinely looks reasonable and real based off of what she is doing, and not follow through, then I'm not going to bother with that model anymore.

Keep true to your topics.

I did see a part of the show in question. Her response to that was that it only applied to when she had been playing on a lower difficulty setting earlier (before I entered chat). You would THINK she might have updated her topic beforehand.

emptiedglass said:
UncleThursday said:

I seriously find it annoying when models put something in their topic that they have no intention of doing. Like last night, without mentioning names, though some may know who it is:

A model was playing Mortal Kombat, I noticed it when I moused over her preview pic. So I opened her in PM, and her topic said "If I lose, I get naked!"

Needless to say, she lost, badly-- she was playing on expert. So as a joke I tipped with the two Mortal Kombat fatality GIFs I made for the site (fatality1 and fatality2). Then her topic changed to "can I go to the bathroom?" and she was off cam for a few minutes. Then she came back and changed her topic to "I love you ALL!" and never removed a piece of clothing for the remaining half hour or so she was online.

Now, I wasn't in her room, so her regs might have been saying and tipping for not getting naked... and she is a very popular model, so she probably had a ton of people in her room anyway.

But, when it comes to your topic, unless it is obviously going to be a joke topic... like "1 billion tokens to fist my ass!" which is obviously a joke topic based on the amount of tokens wanted (and for the record, I am not a fan of fisting, at all), then don't put anything in a topic that seems like it could be genuine and then never follow through.

In this case it was the first time I had tipped this model. And I only tipped 20 tokens in total, so it's not like I feel ripped off. But if a model is going to go through the effort of doing something like that, with a topic that genuinely looks reasonable and real based off of what she is doing, and not follow through, then I'm not going to bother with that model anymore.

I did see a part of the show in question. Her response to that was that it only applied to when she had been playing on a lower difficulty setting earlier (before I entered chat). You would THINK she might have updated her topic beforehand.
Some models don't update their topic as they should which can caused some confusion. I've def have seen this with a few new models.

The_Brown_Fox said:
FrenchKitty said:
it's become a casual expression of annoyance for some people, that's probably how she's using it :p You know how people say "you're too stupid, just go jump off a bridge"?

Yeah, my sister used the expression "Kill yourself" too...lol. When she deleted her Facebook account, our cousin told me "Tell your sister to come back to Facebook!" When I relayed the message to my sister, she rolled her eyes and was like "Oh god...tell her I said 'Kill yourself'." :lol:
:) Yups. And I took Megan's comment similar to when someone pisses you off and you say, "just die!" It's not a literal! I just don't understand how someone can come to someone's defense after they've viciously attacked someone, drunk or sober. When attacked like that, everything's ON the table. It may take two to tango, but unprovoked attacks are NOT a dance. :)

emptiedglass said:
UncleThursday said:

Well, to be fair, if she played on the lowest setting, she probably would never lose. A retarded monkey could beat the AI on that setting (except for maybe Shao Khan). But, it's a good way to ensure that particular topic never has to be met.

I'm halfway decent at the game with a few characters, and I still get my ass reamed on expert.

But, yes, then it would have been nice to update her topic. I probably would have still watched just to see her playing MK.

MegansDude said:
Some models don't update their topic as they should which can caused some confusion. I've def have seen this with a few new models.

Yeah like last night I had a countdown for me and my friend to get naked and go onto the balcony. It was our final countdown before bed. the countdown had been 1000 and there was 171 to go, which someone tipped, I forgot to change the topic before we went onto the balcony, so we came back off it rather cold and put our pjs on, were just saying goodbye and someone tipped 171, well obviously I'm not going to do the same thing people just paid 1000 tokens for, for 171 tokens, but then there's a big dilemma, tipping 171 tokens is pretty cool, and I'd like to give the person something, yet we're literally nakkered, it's 3am and we want to go to sleep.

I've had things like that happen before, just after I've finished doing what the countdown said I was going to do.

Oh edit to add:
I don't think suicide/death is something that should be made light of, but, in this case Megan was provoked, and it did sound more like she wanted him to be hurt rather than to die. Seeing as I myself visualised hitting Boce's face against a wall until he's a mess after reading that comment and it wasn't even about me I really do not blame Megan. In fact, I applaud her for being able to stand up for herself and not taking shit from a total arse.

Isabella_deL said:
MegansDude said:

Yeah like last night I had a countdown for me and my friend to get naked and go onto the balcony. It was our final countdown before bed. the countdown had been 1000 and there was 171 to go, which someone tipped, I forgot to change the topic before we went onto the balcony, so we came back off it rather cold and put our pjs on, were just saying goodbye and someone tipped 171, well obviously I'm not going to do the same thing people just paid 1000 tokens for, for 171 tokens, but then there's a big dilemma, tipping 171 tokens is pretty cool, and I'd like to give the person something, yet we're literally nakkered, it's 3am and we want to go to sleep.

I've had things like that happen before, just after I've finished doing what the countdown said I was going to do.

This seems to be the most common topic mess up from models, new and veteran. A countdown finishes but she forgets to change it-- probably because she just quickly gets to whatever the topic was, then someone comes in sees the remaining countdown and tips it thinking he is finishing it. It's not a huge deal if the tipper still gets something for his tip along with an explanation that the countdown was finished, earlier, but the topic just hadn't been updated.

In this respect, it would be nice if MFC stole Chaturbate's countdown ability; where the models set a countdown and every tip automagically subtracts that amount from the topic. It would seriously cut down on the chances of this particular type of topic misunderstanding happening by orders of magnitudes.

UncleThursday said:
In this respect, it would be nice if MFC stole Chaturbate's countdown ability; where the models set a countdown and every tip automagically subtracts that amount from the topic. It would seriously cut down on the chances of this particular type of topic misunderstanding happening by orders of magnitudes.
I'm actually kind of surprised they don't already have something similar.

morment said:
UncleThursday said:

They probably feel they haven't needed it so far, so no reason to add an actually useful feature over some of the dumb ones they've added over the past year.

morment said:
UncleThursday said:
While public shows/countdowns are incredibly popular, I don't think they want to do anything to visually encourage them. Remember, they promote tips as gifts to the model, not as a form of payment for a show/item, and have rules written about what can't be done in public. They may turn a blind eye to the shows that are happening, but I think it would be counter-intuitive for them to show that they support them. (And yes I realize that many shows with token countdowns in public can be within the rules i.e. shower shows, lotion, naked, dancing, but there's no way to differentiate between these and cumshows.)

UncleThursday said:
Isabella_deL said:
MegansDude said:

This seems to be the most common topic mess up from models, new and veteran. A countdown finishes but she forgets to change it-- probably because she just quickly gets to whatever the topic was, then someone comes in sees the remaining countdown and tips it thinking he is finishing it. It's not a huge deal if the tipper still gets something for his tip along with an explanation that the countdown was finished, earlier, but the topic just hadn't been updated.

This has been discussed a few times and the general consensus is that it would cause more problems than it would solve.
For example, a lot of models don't subtract tips that were for material things (panties, gift packages), videos, website memberships, etc. Having it automatically be taken off when the model may not want it to be could really throw things off as well.

NoelleBright said:
This has been discussed a few times and the general consensus is that it would cause more problems than it would solve.
For example, a lot of models don't subtract tips that were for material things (panties, gift packages), videos, website memberships, etc. Having it automatically be taken off when the model may not want it to be could really throw things off as well.

This. Sometimes members don't tip towards countdowns, and say if someone tips for a skype show or a custom video I don't really see why the room should benefit from it. Videos are one thing as it's easy to send, but if someone took my private I wouldn't get naked and do the same show in public afterwards for free.

AmberCutie said:
While public shows/countdowns are incredibly popular, I don't think they want to do anything to visually encourage them. Remember, they promote tips as gifts to the model, not as a form of payment for a show/item, and have rules written about what can't be done in public. They may turn a blind eye to the shows that are happening, but I think it would be counter-intuitive for them to show that they support them. (And yes I realize that many shows with token countdowns in public can be within the rules i.e. shower shows, lotion, naked, dancing, but there's no way to differentiate between these and cumshows.)
Good point, I tend to forget that all of that is technically against the rules.

I would just like to point out to everyone - read what you write before you hit send and imagine it is directed at you.

Whilst no-one is going to deny that models stick up for each other and will defend en masse, it is worth considering what all say.

Reading several comments - if they were aimed at a model instead of a belligerent member, there would be outrage about what is being said. Just because it's a belligerent member doesn't suddenly mean such comments are okay - and whilst they may be intended differently, if the shoe was on the other foot I am sure no end of hate and hell would erupt. We should not excuse one behaviour on the basis of another.

Pithy comments, fine - but we're all people...

And this is from me who quite enjoys pithy exchanges at times :D

Anyhew.

AmberCutie said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Where the fuck did that come from? :shock:
From the liquor cabinet, methinks.

What do you call two lesbians in a cupboard?

A liquor cabinet... :)

(lick her cabinet... geddit geddit? boom boom!).

Phoniness, (transparent, that is. If I don't see it, well good for her, - tho that can sting a bit if it does come to light.)

I always tell my woman to " go make me a sammich"
I guess I'll have to try one of those
sandwich things one day.

:whistle:

all in fun
HEY, how bout that SUPERBOWL

Reactions: missmeowmixx
Zoomer said:
Reading several comments - if they were aimed at a model instead of a belligerent member, there would be outrage about what is being said.
I disagree. If we had a nasty drunken model on this forum who harassed members for no reason, the results would have been completely the same.

Isabella_deL said:
NoelleBright said:

If someone tips for a skype show or a custom video I don't really see why the room should benefit from it. Videos are one thing as it's easy to send, but if someone took my private I wouldn't get naked and do the same show in public afterwards for free.

Yup. If I get a 1,000 token tip for a custom video, I DO NOT count that towards the naked countdown, since the tipper purchased a specific custom job that I have to do at a later time. If it's just a tip for an already-made video (which is quick and easy to send), then yes, I'll subtract that from the countdown.

Same thing with tokens earned from private/true private shows. I'm naked in private, but when I return to public chat, the clothes will be back on until the public chat tippers have completed the naked countdown.

PlayboyMegan said:
camstory said:
Phoniness, (transparent, that is. If I don't see it, well good for her, - tho that can sting a bit if it does come to light.)
..what? Are you replying to the cupboard joke, or?
No, came to this one late and just replied to the OP. I don't do a lot of cryptic shit, - not that smart, and don't enjoy thinking that way, so it is what it is. I DON'T like Models being phony, that's all.

Zoomer said:
Reading several comments - if they were aimed at a model instead of a belligerent member, there would be outrage about what is being said. Just because it's a belligerent member doesn't suddenly mean such comments are okay - and whilst they may be intended differently, if the shoe was on the other foot I am sure no end of hate and hell would erupt. We should not excuse one behavior on the basis of another.
^^ This is gospel...

Also seems that an implied "go die" type comment in the heat of a tiff is indeed taken/understood/desired to be completely different than one said sarcastically to a friend or family. But what do I know...I'm just a guy that wonders why folks seem to thrive so much on squabbles.

Can we please drop the discussion of drunken fights?

----

Another annoying thing a model can do is ban people before they even have a chance to tip, just because they were there for 5 seconds without tipping.

Or ban people for asking how much a tip is necessary to see their boobs. I don't mean the "show bobs" people, I mean "hey there! How much for a flash?" people. If you don't do flashes, then all you gotta do is tell them that.

Status
Not open for further replies.