AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does suck. But, at the same time, it's all part of the business. So, I get it. Of the models I discuss privates with, most occur when we discuss them. Or, if I don't have time, I will let them know I am short on time and planning for future but will do next time. These are all models I've had some interaction for a while with, and most times at least a couple of privates with previously. So, I'm not a new person to them by any means.

I'm sorry to hear it's a shitty situation on the 30 second part for SM models. Seems like it's a waste of time, and should be billed accordingly. MFC, and I think CB, will charge for every minute. What makes it worse is that typically those who legitimately want an exclusing with you will leave. Though, I would think they'd want to stick around if they really wanted it?

Sadly, just a negative side of the business we have to contend with.

If it's a regular, they understand, but usually it's the ones who are new to a room or to cam sites in general that will leave. And agreed on the 30 second thing, that it should be billed. There are a ton on there who will peep in and out constantly, although it is funny when they accidentally stay longer than the 30 seconds and get billed for it haha.

That said, if it makes a difference, most of us models do care about our regulars and it's a huge peeve when something happens that results in them having to wait, whether it's a short or lengthier amount of time.

I visit this one particular model, she and I get on great. We don't talk too much but she will always send me a PM, regardless of whether I tip or not.
We always exchange the typical pleasantries, and I try to talk with her more - I understand she is busy so don't worry, I don't try to annoy her. What I mean is, I try engage in more topics of conversation beyond the whole "hi how are you?" and I always wait for her to respond before I start saying/asking more. When she does reply, she usually only says one or two worded responses. Which is frustrating but I get it, English is not her native language (she does speak it very well though) and she is on 3 sites total, so she is alternating between sites and conversations. I 100% fully get that....

BUT then it's frustrating when she will message me saying she is bored or it's such a boring day because no one else is there talking to her. Now, that's all innocent and she definitely doesn't mean to be rude or insulting to me (and anyone else she may say it to) but that's such a huge kick in the teeth because what you're basically saying is you don't find that person very interesting.
I do get it, she could mean a few things 1 being that it's boring in the sense no one else is tipping (or you know, they are only doing 1 token every half hour) or 2nd, lack of conversation in her public OR private chats.

My point here is for models to be a bit more mindful of what you're saying and to who (especially if they are a regular (both tipper and chatter and you do genuinely get on very well with) with stuff like this. Contrary to belief, and I understand why (a lot of morons and rude people), we members/customers/fans DO have feelings and it WILL affect how we proceed in the future. We will be thinking "oh well, shit ok.." and be discouraged to try and talk with said model in the future.

I haven't spoke with her (or a few other models who do similar) about it as I feel it might end up becoming something or it being misunderstood and causing unneeded problems for both myself and the model.

I visit this one particular model, she and I get on great. We don't talk too much but she will always send me a PM, regardless of whether I tip or not.
We always exchange the typical pleasantries, and I try to talk with her more - I understand she is busy so don't worry, I don't try to annoy her. What I mean is, I try engage in more topics of conversation beyond the whole "hi how are you?" and I always wait for her to respond before I start saying/asking more. When she does reply, she usually only says one or two worded responses. Which is frustrating but I get it, English is not her native language (she does speak it very well though) and she is on 3 sites total, so she is alternating between sites and conversations. I 100% fully get that....

BUT then it's frustrating when she will message me saying she is bored or it's such a boring day because no one else is there talking to her. Now, that's all innocent and she definitely doesn't mean to be rude or insulting to me (and anyone else she may say it to) but that's such a huge kick in the teeth because what you're basically saying is you don't find that person very interesting.
I do get it, she could mean a few things 1 being that it's boring in the sense no one else is tipping (or you know, they are only doing 1 token every half hour) or 2nd, lack of conversation in her public OR private chats.

My point here is for models to be a bit more mindful of what you're saying and to who (especially if they are a regular (both tipper and chatter and you do genuinely get on very well with) with stuff like this. Contrary to belief, and I understand why (a lot of morons and rude people), we members/customers/fans DO have feelings and it WILL affect how we proceed in the future. We will be thinking "oh well, shit ok.." and be discouraged to try and talk with said model in the future.

I haven't spoke with her (or a few other models who do similar) about it as I feel it might end up becoming something or it being misunderstood and causing unneeded problems for both myself and the model.

Three thoughts:

1) Sounds like it may just be an issue of timing. You might be trying to talk to her during her busier times, and then not talking to her during slower times.

2) Sending you a message that says 'I'm bored' is probably a more subtle, less aggro way of saying, 'Hey, do you feel like stopping by and tipping me?'

3) She might just have a shitty personality.

Reading this I can sort of relate to both sides of it.

I understand that hearing stuff generalized about how things are going can be taken personally by you as a member. Over the years I’ve had a handful of guys I grew close enough with to have private personal conversations with, whether it be while I’m on cam in PM or on Snapchat or Twitter DMs. Then I’ll say something generalized about how slow things are, or how I don’t have enough support, or yelling at people for not doing xyz whatnot. Some of those guys that I’ve been close with have taken it personally, as if I was lumping them in with the ‘general public’ of my room and fan base. I NEVER MEAN IT THAT WAY and it feels terrible to know they take it as a personal scolding. There is a good chance she did not mean any of that AT YOU but in general felt comfy enough with you to confide her actual feelings about how her session is going. That’s not something we openly talk about with the general public of our cam room, and expect that our more personal and private interactions allow us to be more of “ourselves” in your messages.

Also just have to say, having one really sweet member that we relate with in the sense as described above does not necessarily make for an entirely successful cam session. An individuals support with tips and chat is a vital part of our shifts, but we need interaction from a group of people (both in chat and in token flow to make shows happen) to make a good session. As noted above, if we tell you that privately, we are just venting that we wish things overall were going better.

Reading this I can sort of relate to both sides of it.

I understand that hearing stuff generalized about how things are going can be taken personally by you as a member. Over the years I’ve had a handful of guys I grew close enough with to have private personal conversations with, whether it be while I’m on cam in PM or on Snapchat or Twitter DMs. Then I’ll say something generalized about how slow things are, or how I don’t have enough support, or yelling at people for not doing xyz whatnot. Some of those guys that I’ve been close with have taken it personally, as if I was lumping them in with the ‘general public’ of my room and fan base. I NEVER MEAN IT THAT WAY and it feels terrible to know they take it as a personal scolding. There is a good chance she did not mean any of that AT YOU but in general felt comfy enough with you to confide her actual feelings about how her session is going. That’s not something we openly talk about with the general public of our cam room, and expect that our more personal and private interactions allow us to be more of “ourselves” in your messages.

Also just have to say, having one really sweet member that we relate with in the sense as described above does not necessarily make for an entirely successful cam session. An individuals support with tips and chat is a vital part of our shifts, but we need interaction from a group of people (both in chat and in token flow to make shows happen) to make a good session. As noted above, if we tell you that privately, we are just venting that we wish things overall were going better.

Exactly how I take it as a member when a model says these things to me. She feels confident enough to let me know how things are going, and that she wishes it could be better. I never take it as being directed towards me, and I'll even crack a joke about how she'd be better off bored than having to put up with my shit. ;)

If she's busy tapping out things on the keyboard, and not a lot is going on in the room, I figure she's either trying to drum up some business, looking something up, or chatting with a couple of other members in PM.

Exactly how I take it as a member when a model says these things to me. She feels confident enough to let me know how things are going, and that she wishes it could be better. I never take it as being directed towards me, and I'll even crack a joke about how she'd be better off bored than having to put up with my shit. ;)

If she's busy tapping out things on the keyboard, and not a lot is going on in the room, I figure she's either trying to drum up some business, looking something up, or chatting with a couple of other members in PM.
Honestly if someone ever gets that kind of private conversation from me it’s a compliment meaning I trust them with my more behind the scenes thoughts of the job. I wouldn’t speak that way to some rando.

Honestly if someone ever gets that kind of private conversation from me it’s a compliment meaning I trust them with my more behind the scenes thoughts of the job. I wouldn’t speak that way to some rando.

Agreed. I'm very appreciative if a model feels comfortable enough to talk about things going on behind the scenes, or even a bit of generic stuff off-cam. As always, I consider it to be strictly confidential unless it's said otherwise.

I find it charming when a camgirl eats a big plate of spaghetti.

Not spaghetti, but I've been known to put down some baked ziti and cake while naked if someone buys my food for me... I definitely don't mind hanging out to eat and wiggle my boobs a bit more if I've already hit my goal and would be getting offline anyways if not for the free meal.

Come into my room and try to poach viewers.

9 times out of 10 they're sitting in dead silence with under 25 people in the room. Maybe if you weren't so busy trying to steal other people's viewers and were actually interacting with the few people that ARE in your room you'd have better luck without pissing off every other model on the site.

I find it charming when a camgirl eats a big plate of spaghetti.
Not gonna lie, I don't want to see a model eating. But it's not just models, it's anybody.

I have this weird squeamish thing about seeing other people eat, especially with utensils or food that's a little messy, like spaghetti. Oh, and if the person eating is a lip-licker, I have to look away or I'll hurl.

Don't even like thinking about myself eating. Just something kinda gross about chewing, swallowing, etc.

It's weird, I know. Even weirder because growing up, the kitchen table was the social hub of our family. Have a lot of happy memories sitting around that table eating with family and friends.

But we've all got our own peculiar little quirks.

This is something that annoyed me today and it wasn't even me that it happened to.
It was a light purple guy who was asking this..

He comes into the room and says "Hello. Do you do anal with a dildo in pvt?".
That was literally all he said/asked. The model wasn't rude exactly but all she replied was "maybe" and then nothing more.

I mean, am I missing something here? It seemed like a genuine question and she had no tip menu and nothing to indicate in her bio what she does/doesn't do in a private show (her pvt was enabled, so one would assume she does them). I get that maybe she gets a lot of guys asking it or she could have had a bad day. But to just be so cryptic off the bat and not give a real answer (either way: yes or a no) was just beyond my understanding and was weird for me.

I was just confused by the whole thing. It was - in my eyes - possibly a simple, and genuine question.

This is something that annoyed me today and it wasn't even me that it happened to.
It was a light purple guy who was asking this..

He comes into the room and says "Hello. Do you do anal with a dildo in pvt?".
That was literally all he said/asked. The model wasn't rude exactly but all she replied was "maybe" and then nothing more.

I mean, am I missing something here? It seemed like a genuine question and she had no tip menu and nothing to indicate in her bio what she does/doesn't do in a private show (her pvt was enabled, so one would assume she does them). I get that maybe she gets a lot of guys asking it or she could have had a bad day. But to just be so cryptic off the bat and not give a real answer (either way: yes or a no) was just beyond my understanding and was weird for me.

I was just confused by the whole thing. It was - in my eyes - possibly a simple, and genuine question.

Why does this bother you so? Perhaps she answered in such a way as to generate a conversation further to see if the person asking was more genuine in following through with the private? IIRC, many models here as well as those I've been in their rooms, say that most times people inquire and will try to get some dirty talk out of it without actually taking them private.

That was literally all he said/asked.

That right there would say it all to me. If that's the extent of his conversation then yeah, guess how much time I'd spend with him. There's so many guys a day that pop in and ask that stuff, and even when there IS a full response, they just leave. Generally if I have questions about what someone is or isn't comfortable doing I'll put it in a private tip note or tip for PM privileges and have the conversation there. My assumption is that if I took the effort to 'pay' to engage in a conversation the girls understand I'm not asking just for the sake of asking.

Why does this bother you so? Perhaps she answered in such a way as to generate a conversation further to see if the person asking was more genuine in following through with the private? IIRC, many models here as well as those I've been in their rooms, say that most times people inquire and will try to get some dirty talk out of it without actually taking them private.

This is quite true regarding guys wanting to initiate some free fantasy talk. Bear in mind also, there are things that are a "your mileage may vary" item for some performers. She may have been in a position to not want to publicize "Yes, I do act X" if it's something that is contingent upon the viewer's approach and demeanor, but she likewise doesn't want to be quoted as saying "No" for the sake of those she would be open to it with. Te simple "Maybe" could be her own way of leaving it vague enough to neither encourage nor discourage anyone, especially if caught a bit on the outside by the question?

Loud music that is unbearably distorted and makes hearing the model's voice impossible. I notice this is more common among broadcasters in South America and some more popular North American broadcasters have figured out how to balance the music level so that it doesn't drown out their own voice. The worst is when they play the music through their own speakers and feeds right back into their microphone creating this echo of chaos.

I don't really understand why broadcasters think music is so crucial to their show. I get putting music on low just so that it fills in any silence in the room, but when it's all you can hear? I can just listen to my own music in the background if i want to.

Reactions: NotYou
Loud music that is unbearably distorted and makes hearing the model's voice impossible. I notice this is more common among broadcasters in South America and some more popular North American broadcasters have figured out how to balance the music level so that it doesn't drown out their own voice. The worst is when they play the music through their own speakers and feeds right back into their microphone creating this echo of chaos.

I don't really understand why broadcasters think music is so crucial to their show. I get putting music on low just so that it fills in any silence in the room, but when it's all you can hear? I can just listen to my own music in the background if i want to.

I don't understand loud audio in general, tbh. I know so many people who will watch TV with the volume on 60-70+, and I just can't. It hurts my ears. My comfortable TV volume is 15-30, depending on how loud what I'm watching is, then I put captions on so I don't miss quieter dialogue.

Reactions: EvaMoon

Please remember that we can’t hear ourselves, so unless someone tells us what it sounds like we don’t know. Giving the model a heads up that the music is too loud, at least to me, is always helpful.

I think some models NEED it louder, or at least loud. I think it depends on how cheap their studio rooms are, and how thin the walls or partitions are. I can often hear moans from other models from other rooms/cams whilst watching some models, so then they are doing it o drown out OTHER models and also then doing it for the opposite (so THEIR moans don't get easily heard in other model's rooms).

Although I definitely do agree with the loud music being horrible sometimes, but I have learned to go into a room with volume very low.

I think some models NEED it louder, or at least loud. I think it depends on how cheap their studio rooms are, and how thin the walls or partitions are. I can often hear moans from other models from other rooms/cams whilst watching some models, so then they are doing it o drown out OTHER models and also then doing it for the opposite (so THEIR moans don't get easily heard in other model's rooms).

Although I definitely do agree with the loud music being horrible sometimes, but I have learned to go into a room with volume very low.

Some studios, they aren't in separate rooms. Multiple models are in the same room, with partitioned walls much like you see in offices for cubes. In others, they sit right next to each other.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Some studios, they aren't in separate rooms. Multiple models are in the same room, with partitioned walls much like you see in offices for cubes. In others, they sit right next to each other.

That is what I meant partly from the "partition" comment in my above. I have also seen them JUST use a curtain too but that was a while ago. Ones like that I saw, seemed to have been Colombian models.
I do think it's good and funny when the model, instead of looking embarrassed about a model in another room being loud, she just laughs and jokes about it. I think it makes it better all around for herself AND the users that are talking/tipping.

I think using music to obscure other sounds (of the performer's, of anything beyond the performer's desired input... etc.) is pretty understandable and common, even outside of studios. And it is very easy to do in a way that is effective for that singular issue, while producing a stream environment that is unwelcoming to viewers, without even realizing. Building everything out in your workspace with proper placement and settings, so that you have yourself mic'ed up primarily without picking up as much of your background obscuring music (or whatever), takes some tinkering and is something that perhaps many performers wouldn't think about if they aren't familiar with how that works. I know that many performers might not think to record a test of their stream to play back and review. I imagine that the audio engineering aspect becomes even more tricky for a performer who moves from space to space while camming, as they have to work through this process several times over for each one.

And ya know what, sometimes conditions aren't perfect, but you just gotta do business time anyway.

To sum my feelings up, I don't think it's appropriate for a member to try and troubleshoot through all that in a public chat setting with a performer, without their explicit request for assistance, but there's nothing wrong with politely letting a performer know that their feed is blowing your speakers out. 😁 I think we all appreciate the useful input like that, because as @JoleneBrody said, we can't hear ourselves.

This thread is currently 173 pages and I don't have time to read it all, so if anybody has already mentioned this, ........ sorry.

I hate it when a model carries on a conversation with a member with her speaking in chat and his side of the conversation is in PM.

Reactions: JigglesJane
I also hate it when a model thinks she can sing........... but can't. One of my favorites on MFC is absolutely adorable. Perfect for my tastes. Sweet enough to give you type 2 diabetes thru your screen! She's always so cheerful, buttt...... when she's really feeling good, she feels like singing. And when she does, it's pure monotone. And she really gets into it. It's obvious that she doesn't realize how bad she sounds. I'd never have the heart to say anything to her, of course, but sometimes I just have to mute the sound.

• Funny!
Reactions: NotYou
I also hate it when a model thinks she can sing........... but can't. One of my favorites on MFC is absolutely adorable. Perfect for my tastes. Sweet enough to give you type 2 diabetes thru your screen! She's always so cheerful, buttt...... when she's really feeling good, she feels like singing. And when she does, it's pure monotone. And she really gets into it. It's obvious that she doesn't realize how bad she sounds. I'd never have the heart to say anything to her, of course, but sometimes I just have to mute the sound.
I think it's charming when a model thinks she can sing but can't.

dude she sounds like she is living her best life. dont kill her vibe. that'll be a dick move. to me her monotone singing when she is in a good mood is a quirk.

dude she sounds like she is living her best life. dont kill her vibe. that'll be a dick move. to me her monotone singing when she is in a good mood is a quirk.
I get great joy out of doing bad karaoke on cam. My members seem to (or at least pretend to and tip very generously to pretend that they) enjoy it when I do it.

It would kill me to think everyone is in agony when I do it.

I get great joy out of doing bad karaoke on cam. My members seem to (or at least pretend to and tip very generously to pretend that they) enjoy it when I do it.

It would kill me to think everyone is in agony when I do it.

I have found that a lot of the people who are tippers, especially big, aren't necessarily there for just sex. I mean, they love to see a woman happy and enjoying what they are doing whilst on cam, so will tip purely for that. It gives off a fantastic vibe for the whole room if the model is visibly having a great time.

What about "I'd never have the heart to say anything to her, " did you not understand?

What about "I'd never have the heart to say anything to her, " did you not understand?
Oh sure I read that. I was saying if you do get heart of a dick. I've seen the kindest sweetest regs do a 180 and say and do the cruelest shit. I wasn't thinking you were on the verge of doing it. Sorry.

I think we all appreciate the useful input like that, because as @JoleneBrody said, we can't hear ourselves.
+1 Sound is really the most difficult thing to adjust. I wouldn't be able to do it alone as any feed back pollute the original and headphones would cut off your normal voice feeback :)
I hate when I take a long time as viewer to explain the model how to adjust it better and give her the feeback she has not... then entering a day after in her room with a maximum distorsed shouting music all in trebbles xD

Status
Not open for further replies.