AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

~what SONG(Z) are you currently obsessed with?~

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Ritz '88

I've been obsessed with this group, "A Tribe Called Red" for the last few days. They are a trio of Native electronic DJs, and they do some REALLY fucking nifty things with their music. Mixing Native American drums & vocals, slam poetry, rap, electronic beats, reggae. It's absolutely fantastic and super unique and pretty powerful stuff. I don't think I've heard a bad song from them yet, but each one just blows my mind all over again. Here are two of my top faves (though R.E.D is very awesome too, and it's only baaarely my third favorite):

I've been obsessed with this group, "A Tribe Called Red" for the last few days. They are a trio of Native electronic DJs, and they do some REALLY fucking nifty things with their music. Mixing Native American drums & vocals, slam poetry, rap, electronic beats, reggae. It's absolutely fantastic and super unique and pretty powerful stuff. I don't think I've heard a bad song from them yet, but each one just blows my mind all over again. Here are two of my top faves (though R.E.D is very awesome too, and it's only baaarely my third favorite):

Phife Dawg just died before they completed their last album. They have no bad songs, and these guys were there since the mid 80's. I recommend to check their performance with Anderson Paak when you can.

Reactions: paige_orion
Phife Dawg just died before they completed their last album. They have no bad songs, and these guys were there since the mid 80's. I recommend to check their performance with Anderson Paak when you can.

I think you are talking about a Tribe Called Quest, right? This is actually a different group, about ten years old. Their name is an homage to A Tribe Called Quest, though, because Quest tackled a lot of social and political issues and they wanted to do the same for Native cultures. So they went with "A Tribe Called Red" instead!

But I am really glad you replied because I just checked out that Grammy performance with A Tribe Called Quest and Anderson Paak and that was REALLY cool! Thanks for the recommendation!

I will check a Tribe Called Red now...not feeling like a goof right now, not at all :)

Hey, I'm all about some happy accidents. Thanks to that, I got to hear a really neat song I haven't heard before, and I'm aaaa-okay with that. If that makes you feel better, I thought it was A Tribe Called Quest too before I clicked on the link, and then my eyes went O_O, because it was not what I was expecting. I doubt we're the only ones who made that mistake! Happy accidents lead to awesome musical discoveries! ^_^

Wow, thanks Paige, your descriptors sold me on it, then, when I realized one of the songs featured Saul Williams, I was sold. Loved the one Dan played as well.

While this might not qualify as music, if you're unfamiliar with Saul Williams' spoken word work, I highly recommend giving him a listen. I could listen to that guy for days.

omg ... since 3-4 months i listen to "Volbeat Lola Montez" and "Volbeat The bliss" 5-10 times every f*ck*ng day at work in car !!! Damn i love those songs !!!!