AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What was the last movie/show you watched?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Currently seem to be on a nostalgia kick, re-watching angel and the jetsons
The Jetsons Goodbye GIF by Boomerang Official

I tried the watch the movie "Ambulance" but got halfway through and just couldn't be interested anymore.
They seemed to learn a new trick for this movie and used it a lot: upside down drone camera shot, and then it spins back to normal and flies in close to the action... jeeez, haha

Reactions: Fiestry
Eyes wide shut, Kubrick, 1999

Eyes wide shut, Kubrick, 1999
Did you like this movie? Curious. I was disappointed because just like the movie Boogie Nights with Mark Wahlberg, it became way too puritanical, with the sex is bad message near the end, and Tom Cruise's character just came across as an insecure d-bag, not just with intimacy, but also sociopathic when he was listening, pretending to listen, to the hooker talk about herself, who would later end up HIV positive. I watched this in the theater and Nicole Kidman's final line caused everybody in the theater to LOL!!! Intentionally/unintentionally funny? Perhaps both? Kubrick has made good movies like The Shining. I was disappointed with EWS. Thoughts? Thank you for posting this because I forgot to, but am now adding the book this movie is based on to my must read list. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/157409.Dream_Story

Thoughts?
Yeah, the novel is rather different, though, if I recall correctly and has nothing to do with the movie. Not even Schnitzler best, if you ask me. That would be "Sterben", another one of his novel, which means "to die". Have no idea whether it has been translated into English, since he is not a major author. The movie is masterpiece, IMO, for many reasons, with different meanings, and has obviously been deconstruced in millions of ways.

What striked me the most about it in my rewatch and what a friend I was watching the movie with made me notice - and I agree with her - is the protagonist's, or to put in the way she said to me, the male incapability to understand his partner's/ female desire (If only men knew! Kidman says in a rather powerful dialogue). That triggers in my view a sort of reaction which leads him into a sort of Homeric erotic Odissey which just like in the Odissey ends with him coming back home to her, and yet, still being incapable to understand her. I don't believe it was puritanical at all, I have to say. Rather the reverse, I feel.

The puritanical, rock-solid, monogamous relationiship not only is a blatant lie really hard to live by Kubrick seems to say - and mostly what is sold to the little and common people -, but in reality every couple struggles with it and certainly those who have means and are higher up in the society don't seems to live by that puritanical family view. Thecouple relationship depicted is a masterpiece and it's not by a coincidence that Kubrick chose those actors because they were a real couple in life. And I guess It's not a coincidence they the broke up after that movie, I believ. Who knows. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannyhomebody
Uncharted.

Tom Holland in this was annoying. Basically the same annoying character as in Spiderman. In Spiderman it's fine and expected but damn annoying in this, or so I thought anyway

Not a great movie but not terrible.

Yeah, the novel is rather different, though, if I recall correctly and has nothing to do with the movie. Not even Schnitzler best, if you ask me. That would be "Sterben", another one of his novel, which means "to die". Have no idea whether it has been translated into English, since he is not a major author. The movie is masterpiece, IMO, for many reasons, with different meanings, and has obviously been deconstruced in millions of ways.

What striked me the most about it in my rewatch and what a friend I was watching the movie with made me notice - and I agree with her - is the protagonist's, or to put in the way she said to me, the male incapability to understand his partner's/ female desire (If only men knew! Kidman says in a rather powerful dialogue). That triggers in my view a sort of reaction which leads him into a sort of Homeric erotic Odissey which just like in the Odissey ends with him coming back home to her, and yet, still being incapable to understand her. I don't believe it was puritanical at all, I have to say. Rather the reverse, I feel.

The puritanical, rock-solid, monogamous relationiship not only is a blatant lie really hard to live by Kubrick seems to say - and mostly what is sold to the little and common people -, but in reality every couple struggles with it and certainly those who have means and are higher up in the society don't seems to live by that puritanical family view. Thecouple relationship depicted is a masterpiece and it's not by a coincidence that Kubrick chose those actors because they were a real couple in life. And I guess It's not a coincidence they the broke up after that movie, I believ. Who knows. Just my 2 cents.
Tom's character's Madonna/Whore complex is so painfully obvious that I almost stopped watching this in the theatre. If you enjoyed this movie from Stanley Kubrick, I didn't, well, regarding the 3rd act anyway, watch Kubrick's other movie/s Dr. Strangelove and/or The Shining, the original. Regarding the Madonna/Whore complex, watch this vid and/or read my thread I've posted in the past.

Halo is something I am still loving, I love that it's kind of slow but in a really good way and that it's setting itself up for more seasons, and it's doing it really well imo.

I started to watch the final episodes for Ozark, I got 3 in and I kind of got distracted and bored, so will go back to them tomorrow.

Picard is very meh for me, but I am a sucker for completing series, even if they bore me, if I have committed myself already (I watched all serious of Bones, Supernatural, and Criminal Minds, for example lol)

Tom's character's Madonna/Whore complex is so painfully obvious
I can see where you are coming from, I believe that might very well have been the director's precise intent, it's hard to think otherwise with Kubrick. I'm sure the actor did exactly what was told, when and how was told. Personally, I think he did a great job, possibly one of his best performance - I haven't watched all of his movies so I can't tell -, and the way he comes across is totally intentional. I am not qualified to talk on such psychological matter.

In my opinion, as banal as it might sound, absolutes black and white never exist in real life and nobody is entitled to anything in general, unless one has put work in it, so whether a woman is an archetypical Madonna or a Whore, to me, a man, it just doesn't matter; firstly because that woman simply does not exist, and secondly because nobody, whether you happen to be a Madonna or a Whore, is entitled to a relationship (which is hard work) nor to sex. So checkmate, Freud. Had he spent more time having relationships and sex with actual women, he would have figured that out pretty fast, I suppose. Wonder what the male equivalent of that complex would be. I don't seem to remember he has come up with anything of the sort. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Picard is very meh for me
yeah, there were some encouraging episodes but all in all its meh. I never compared it with original tng but its still not really good. Also the borg queen is kinda stupid

Reactions: NotYou
I can see where you are coming from, I believe that might very well have been the director's precise intent, it's hard to think otherwise with Kubrick. I'm sure the actor did exactly what was told, when and how was told. Personally, I think he did a great job, possibly one of his best performance - I haven't watched all of his movies so I can't tell -, and the way he comes across is totally intentional. I am not qualified to talk on such psychological matter.

In my opinion, as banal as it might sound, absolutes black and white never exist in real life and nobody is entitled to anything in general, unless one has put work in it, so whether a woman is an archetypical Madonna or a Whore, to me, a man, it just doesn't matter; firstly because that woman simply does not exist, and secondly because nobody, whether you happen to be a Madonna or a Whore, is entitled to a relationship (which is hard work) nor to sex. So checkmate, Freud. Had he spent more time having relationships and sex with actual women, he would have figured that out pretty fast, I suppose. Wonder what the male equivalent of that complex would be. I don't seem to remember he has come up with anything of the sort. Just my 2 cents.
I respect and value your opinion, so don't worry, even if I agree/disagree with you, I just wanted to hear/see what you had to say, if that makes sense. I agree. Cruise is a talented actor. I ignore the personal 3 failed marriages with Mimi Rogers, Penelope Cruz, and Katie Holmes, and I just enjoy watching him perform on the screen. I'm a big fan of Kubrick, but I was disappointed with Eyes Wide Shut. Don't take my word for it. For now, regarding this thread anyway, can't wait to see your posts on other movies, and/or books, because I'm an avid book reader, now and moving forward. Currently reading the book I listed at the bottom of this thread. Not getting too attached, but thank you for your time and thoughts on the Eyes Wide Shut movie. Have a good day/night and be safe, whenever you read/see this message. I webcam mostly on Saturdays and Sundays, mostly on Skype for now, but while working online, on breaks, will try to post responses here on ACF.

Reactions: Just_A_Guy
Right, so watched "Slow Horses" British espionage. Those who aren't up to speed, the slow horses, get shuffled off to a small house to analyze.

Very slow start, good for two to three naps in the setup episodes. The romantic couple just take up space, some humor for filler. Once it gets going like nanna's old washing machine it's a good spin.

I finished Ozark and I have to admit, some of the ending I liked and some I was annoyed by.
I watched the finale for Picard too. Not great but not terrible. If there is a season 3, I honestly won't waste my time with it.
Also watched the finale for Moon Knight. Personally, I think that show started off great but slowly got very meh, and the fact it only has 6 episodes for the season really annoyed me.

I will try the new Star Trek Strange New Worlds today, and also watch the new episode of Halo - still loving that so far.

Out of nostalgia, the other day I watched Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie..... ughhhhhh... the politest thing for me to say about this is "I didn't like it"

Edit:
In the next couple of weeks, some new stuff: Stranger Things season 4, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and also The Boys season 3.

I'm trying to like Halo, but I want it to be Red vs Blue. Ozark I liked, and lost track of

When it comes to Picard, I'm with the Drinker.

So far, I am not really loving it when the focus for Halo episodes is mostly the girl. I know there is a big story there and she and the planet is to do with everything including Master Chief, but it's still annoying - I want Spartan action and story for the majority

Strange New Worlds = I didn't really enjoy this too much, not quite sure why I keep watching the Star Trek stuff, I am not overly fond of them, some episodes are ok and most become bleh for m. I am just a sucker for tv shows lol

I was wary watching this due to the studios holding this for people to see in theaters/streaming site. Thankfully, I'm glad I watched this. Phoebe discovers her Gramps was a former Ghostbuster and the fun continues from there. Lots of old and new school winks and nods. A fun flick for everybody. RIP, Ghostbuster and successful director, Harold Ramis. Sad you're no longer with us. The Marshmellow boys making smores out of themselves, having fun on a Roomba vacuum, and one biting Paul Rudd's finger at a Wal-Mart. LOL!!! LMFAO.

More Halo - still fantastic in my opinion. Already only 1 episode left for this season though which is annoying, it's gone so fast!

I've been watching some Netflix movies, a Japanese one called Rurouni Kenshin
I have watched 4 total. The "Beginning" one was what got me hooked because it was dark and mysterious, yet the next 3 .... not so much, unfortunately. Still really great though, I will watched The Final one tomorrow - they are 2 hour movies each.

I will also watch The Northman tomorrow I think, been looking forward to that

Great movie. I highly recommend reading the book House of Gucci by Sara Gay Forden before watching this movie, but if you don't, that's okay. This is fun, and is also, sigh, unfortunately, a sad but true story. Lady Gaga was the perfect choice for playing Patrizia Reggiani. Her transition from a respectable lady to a batshit crazy psychopath was well-done.

I tried to watch The Northman
How are people saying this is a good movie? Jeez, I think the acting is awful, and the fighting choreography is even worse!

I got halfway in and turned that rubbish off.

Just finished Person of Interest. Good series! (Even If it does lend itself to big brother is watching conspiracy theories)

Just finished this one after doing a few webcam Skype shows. 50/50 on this one. A remake of the Swedish 2011 movie Gone. Won't watch again, but better than expected in parts. Apply the words "suspension of disbelief" in a few parts, no I won't mention them here, but you'll know what I'm talking about when you see this/those scenes. Adding the Swedish movie to my must watch list. Trivia: Yeardley Smith, best known as the voice of Lisa Simpson on The Simpsons show, is listed in the credits as an executive producer.

Reactions: Nienna
Selling Sunset! Manifesting that lifestyle and those mansions 🤩🤑

Started watching the Netflix Movie Series Lupin. Watched the first 3 episodes so far and it's pretty addicting. It's in french, so thank God for the subtitles people. 😂

Reactions: Nienna
I've been watching some "Outer Range" - ranching in Wyoming goes sci-fi. I like it mostly, some stylistic choices aren't my preference, don't know yet if it's going to pay off satisfactorily. If it turns out to just be a horsey ride outside the drugstore that wouldn't be the worst thing; thanks for the nickle ride.