AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What were the chances of this happening?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to decide if just putting :lol: a bunch of times in a row is inappropriate.

Estimated chances: pretty good, apparently.

:shock:

I hope the kid's okay! Didn't look like that high of a fall, but it's kinda hard to tell from the video...

Bocefish said:
Time to ban eagles.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Or at least arm park rangers with assault weapons .
:lol:

:lol:

H5K4e.gif

PVFTm.gif

What an absolutely stunning bird!! I guess when it realised the kid wasn't food it dropped it, thank god it wasn't a bigger fall!
Wouldn't be too amused if a park ranger shot such a wonderful creature for that, (which if the bird hadn't let go would have probably killed the child too as the fall would have been higher) I know it's a child and everything, but it's also an amazing bird, to me animal's lives have almost as much value as human lives. Not sure if those kinds of eagles are endangered or not, but I bet there are more children around than those birds :p.
Would be SO freaked out if that happened to my child! It's amazing that people end up catching this stuff on camera!

That was epic (given the good outcome) and that kid, when older, is going to have a great story backed up with video evidence. Of course, if I were him/her I would embellish the heck out of it :D

Reactions: camstory
What I find most astounding about this video are those vicious wild adults swooping in to scavenge on a dropped prey animal. Clearly the bird wanted to soften his meal a bit before dining (babies are a bit stringy but worth the risk due to the high nutritional value of their bone marrow).
I know it's wrong to intervene in nature but every time I see something like this, I want to rush in and shoo off those scavengers so that poor bird can circle back for his meal. But then what would separate me from the likes of fanatics like Timothy Treadwell?

Shutterbuck said:
What I find most astounding about this video are those vicious wild adults swooping in to scavenge on a dropped prey animal. Clearly the bird wanted to soften his meal a bit before dining (babies are a bit stringy but worth the risk due to the high nutritional value of their bone marrow).
I know it's wrong to intervene in nature but every time I see something like this, I want to rush in and shoo off those scavengers so that poor bird can circle back for his meal. But then what would separate me from the likes of fanatics like Timothy Treadwell?

LOL

I sure as hell hope this is fake! Otherwise I'm never taking the spawn to a park and letting it get more than a foot away from me.

Super clingy panic mode: engaged

EasyBakeBabyOven said:
I sure as hell hope this is fake! Otherwise I'm never taking the spawn to a park and letting it get more than a foot away from me.

:lol: I think your safe since there are none in your area. The Golden is a pretty amazing raptor though.

Reactions: Rose
Bocefish said:
EasyBakeBabyOven said:

:lol: I think your safe since there are none in your area. The Golden is a pretty amazing raptor though.
My crazy hormones are telling me that I'm not (even though logically I know this would be impossible since all the parks in my area are highly populated by noisy children and there are hardly any wild animals at all in our area). :lol: They must be a bit crazier right now since they won't listen to reason.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Well it is fake..

The viral debate over whether a YouTube video showing an eagle swooping down and picking up a baby was real or fake ended today when a group of students claimed credit for the digital mastery.

Four students in the 3D animation and digital design program at the National Animation and Design Centre, or Centre NAD, in Montreal, created the video, the school said in a blog post on its website today.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technol...s-baby-students-claim-credit-for-viral-video/

One of the highlights on an Alaskan cruise is watching the bald eagle grab several pound salmon out of the water. I am pretty sure that any kid 1>0lbs is pretty safe in the US from birds of prey.

Reactions: Nordling and Rose
yeah, the video is computer generated ( not fake, the video exists so it is real so nyah to the semanticians) but a golden carrying away a kid? dont think that would be possible. some of the even larger raptors maybe, but not a golden. side, did anyone notice that the kid was just sitting there all well behaved and quiet? no way that kid was real lol

Goldens can carry a little more than their own weight. The females are larger and can weigh up to 15 lbs. Their wing span is just under 8 FEET for the largest females. Their talons are about 15 times more powerful than a healthy man's grasp and very sharp. They could easily crush a child's skull like a tomato. They normally kill their prey on the ground like in the video I posted above. Just a little info for ya. ;)

aqui_chry_AllAm_map.gif

Reactions: LadyLuna
There have long been stories of children being carried off by large birds. I remember seeing a couple photos in magazine years ago of a large bird grabbing a kid in Mongolia or China (around there). Not to say they weren't doctored.

But then there's always the goat droppers: not for the faint of heart, by the way.

:crybaby: This thread is evil! I'm never taking the spawn outside EVER after it comes in May. Never! :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

EasyBakeBabyOven said:
:crybaby: This thread is evil! I'm never taking the spawn outside EVER after it comes in May. Never! :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:
Are you going to be one of those moms who dresses her kid in so much winter clothing the little guy can't move his arms?

Reactions: Rose and LadyLuna
EasyBakeBabyOven said:

Take it outside! Sunshine is good for people. Sunshine helps fight off depression. Nature keeps us calm. It's good to get in touch with nature.

So here's what you do- get a place with a big backyard. Put a net over said big backyard. Make it a net with holes big enough for cute little birds to get through, and strong enough to keep out the evil big birds. Put up a huge fence to keep out ground predators. You now have yourself a place where your spawn can play outside without you having to worry about predators. Start an organization to get places like this set up all around the country, and you have yourself your 15 mins of fame.

^_^

lordmagellan said:
EasyBakeBabyOven said:
Are you going to be one of those moms who dresses her kid in so much winter clothing the little guy can't move his arms?
Only if it seems to have more of my genes than BJ's. :lol: If it takes after him more, then I'm going to let it take dirt baths, eat dog food when I'm not looking, share toys with the dogs and generally be a dirty, happy kid who runs around and doesn't cry about bumped knees.

So far it already seems to be taking after him more and the dogs are both VERY attached to it, so it's looking like dirt baths may be in the future. :shock: I will never have a clean house again...

:lol: Now see, that just wouldn't be fair to put my kid on a leash if I'm not on one myself. I'm more likely to wander away and get lost in a store anyways! :woops: :lol: The sad thing is the kid will probably hold the leash for me while it holds BJ's hand and I'll be the one getting into trouble for putting toys and sweets in the basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.