AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What would you do if this happened to you???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2014
Ok so...I met a guy off of MFC and please keep this in mind: I give out my Skype name on mfc and sometimes when I do that my regulars message me frequently for shows then I switch to PayPal. Anyways, this guy who has been on my Skype contacts for a while now messages me explaining how he is in military and looking for a sugar daddy/sugar baby relationship ,etc. we do a session on Skype and it goes well. The same day there's another session. Longvstory but basically when ivaskedvfor payment he agreed but was like you have to not be hesitant and willing to impress him. His demands were weird and ...stuff that nobody does and he went from ok u have a bonus to $1500 to do this:all or nothing. Then he claims his sarg called and I'm waiting for him to pay me while he is talking on phone. He says no get a guy then you'll be done. I call my guy friend but he at work, etc. I explain to this guy that there's no guy . Then I hear 1500 all or nothing. Think about the money. I messages this guy and say speaking of your sarg calling you won't one to go back to if you don't pay me. I told him that I can file a suit,etc. the thing is ...he typedvon skypevthe whole time since he didn't have a camera or mic so I have everything in writing. Can I really sue him? I can't paypal sue him cause idk his email. I warned him ahead of time to pay me and he was like I'll pay, etc. I told him I had a friend that works for the government and will be all up in his butt. I do but he works for defense agency...probably couldn't do much.

I'm really sorry this has happened to you. Unfortunately, I don't think you could go after him for any money he might owe you. You know the risks of performing without payment first, and people will inevitably take advantage of that. So, worst case scenario, you do a few things you normally wouldn't do and some jerk blew his load and booked it. In the future I would be very careful about who I skype with and what you a willing to do. Don't ever let anyone pressure you into doing something you're not comfortable with doing just for money - you can easily make it on site or with regulars, in your comfort zone, I'm sure. A proper client would never do this to you. I know there are some who are just blah and dgaf but you have the control over who you perform for.

Best of luck to you!

Arhmadia said:
Ok so...I met a guy off of MFC and please keep this in mind: I give out my Skype name on mfc and sometimes when I do that my regulars message me frequently for shows then I switch to PayPal. Anyways, this guy who has been on my Skype contacts for a while now messages me explaining how he is in military and looking for a sugar daddy/sugar baby relationship ,etc. we do a session on Skype and it goes well. The same day there's another session. Longvstory but basically when ivaskedvfor payment he agreed but was like you have to not be hesitant and willing to impress him. His demands were weird and ...stuff that nobody does and he went from ok u have a bonus to $1500 to do this:all or nothing. Then he claims his sarg called and I'm waiting for him to pay me while he is talking on phone. He says no get a guy then you'll be done. I call my guy friend but he at work, etc. I explain to this guy that there's no guy . Then I hear 1500 all or nothing. Think about the money. I messages this guy and say speaking of your sarg calling you won't one to go back to if you don't pay me. I told him that I can file a suit,etc. the thing is ...he typedvon skypevthe whole time since he didn't have a camera or mic so I have everything in writing. Can I really sue him? I can't paypal sue him cause idk his email. I warned him ahead of time to pay me and he was like I'll pay, etc. I told him I had a friend that works for the government and will be all up in his butt. I do but he works for defense agency...probably couldn't do much.

No, you can't sue him. I'm not sure why you would even think that's a possibility. At best you'd be laughed out of any lawyer's office and wouldn't get a day in court; at worst, you might go to the authorities and end up getting arrested for soliciting money for sexual services (laws vary by city/state/country, so it's really a toss-up.)

You can be banned permanently from PayPal for using it for adult services; it's not a safe way to take payment, either for the model or member. Any member who does a show with you could report you for taking money for adult services via PP and BOOM! Banned for life. Better to take tokens and take the slight paycheck hit than get payment outside of the site and risk getting in trouble.

Chalk it up to experience, realize you're never going to see that $1500, and get payment in advance via a reputable camsite next time.

AnnieForest said:
Always get the money upfront.

This.

And even if you do get the money up front, unless it's being paid to you via your camsite, wait until it hits your bank before doing shows, giving videos, etc.

This is why you NEVER go offline and accept payments through sites like paypal or promise payments. The one thing websites like manyvids.com or other camsites when they tip for the show, they protect you from this kind of thing. I sell my skype through http://www.manyvids.com/Profile/330/exclusivebabi/skype. I get 60% but i ensure I adjust my price accordingly.
Thats my 2 cents...

Why are you posting in a thread in which people have already come to a conclusion, a thread which is pretty much done, just to advertise for manyvids once again? :?
Of your 14 posts on ACF so far, 14 are about Manyvids in one way or another.

LilyMarie said:
Why are you posting in a thread in which people have already come to a conclusion, a thread which is pretty much done, just to advertise for manyvids once again? :?

Why do you care what I post? I am giving good advice. You dont need to start picking fights with people... Not very nice... All my posts are constructive. Just helping out models, been in the industry for over 12 years

Reactions: SavannahMai
exclusivebabi said:
LilyMarie said:

Why do you care what I post? I am giving good advice. You dont need to start picking fights with people... Not very nice... All my posts are constructive. Just helping out models, been in the industry for over 12 years

No, you're not giving good advice. You're reiterating what other models have already said. But you're just saying it again so that you can advertise for Manyvids. PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE BEING SOLICITED AGAINST THEIR WILL. We (as humans, collectively) despise when people come to our door to sell things/change our religion/invite us to community activities. We despise ads being IN OUR FACE so much that things like AdBlocker and DVR are commonplace, just so we don't have to watch ads that were forced in front of us.

You can give good advice to others without constantly promoting yourself or your business. You say you've been camming for 12 years? That's great! Tell us about that in pertinent threads without promoting/linking about your business. For example: the comment above would have been fine, had you left out this:
exclusivebabi said:
The one thing websites like manyvids.com or other camsites when they tip for the show, they protect you from this kind of thing. I sell my skype through http://www.manyvids.com/Profile/330/exclusivebabi/skype. I get 60% but i ensure I adjust my price accordingly.
Thats my 2 cents...

Show us your personality! Show us who you really are with your future posts. Because as of right now, we all just think of you as yet another spambot just trying to sell us something.

I_Am_Iris said:
exclusivebabi said:
LilyMarie said:

No, you're not giving good advice. You're reiterating what other models have already said. But you're just saying it again so that you can advertise for Manyvids. PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE BEING SOLICITED AGAINST THEIR WILL. We (as humans, collectively) despise when people come to our door to sell things/change our religion/invite us to community activities. We despise ads being IN OUR FACE so much that things like AdBlocker and DVR are commonplace, just so we don't have to watch ads that were forced in front of us.

You can give good advice to others without constantly promoting yourself or your business. You say you've been camming for 12 years? That's great! Tell us about that in pertinent threads without promoting/linking about your business. For example: the comment above would have been fine, had you left out this:
exclusivebabi said:
The one thing websites like manyvids.com or other camsites when they tip for the show, they protect you from this kind of thing. I sell my skype through http://www.manyvids.com/Profile/330/exclusivebabi/skype. I get 60% but i ensure I adjust my price accordingly.
Thats my 2 cents...

Show us your personality! Show us who you really are with your future posts. Because as of right now, we all just think of you as yet another spambot just trying to sell us something.

Just because I am putting a link, why would you think I am selling something? Its not a referring link. Its just a freaking link, so please get over it. You rather a screenshot? I am not selling a Skype link to another model! That is ridiculous. I am showing an example... I find some models on here are SO on edge sometimes on this forum.

There are some bad advice on here like: let the payment hit your bank. That really doesnt matter. Paypal can reverse your account and put it in negative, close it and send you letters to recover the money and even screw up your credit score, even if the money hit your bank. Nobody gave any alternatives to what she can do in the future, except take a Tip, which you only get 50%.
There are other alternatives, and I am stating the one I use the most, besides ebanktransfer, that we have in Canada(through interac).

these ladies are right, paypal is NOT a safe option for payment and should pretty much never be used for adult work. Some alternatives are giftrocket (although i think that takes time for the payment to be confirmed, and i have never used it so maybe another model can tell you more) or amazon gift cards (these are okay because you get the email to put it into your amazon account almost immediately) I don't personally offer skype, but i do know a lot of girls do. Just be careful when talking about it on whatever camsite you use, i know a lot of them (like chaturbate) will ban you if they find out you're soliciting shows off site! I'm sorry you got scammed by this douchebag, but this happens to almost every camgirl when they first start out before the learn the ropes. Take it as a learning experience and NEVER provide any service w/o money upfront :) a lot of the guys who want skype are not too trustworthy. good luck on your cam journey :)

(why is there so much drama in all the threads lately omg)

Dead thread but just for the sake of any other girls reading this dont use amazon gift cards for shows either unless you're spending it before the show. They can take that back if they want to. Redeemed in your account or not.
And giftrocket does take days to go through and usually guys wont wait that long anyway.
Always best to have a Only Tokens=Show attitude.

Always get paid first. Even if they're regulars.

I had one regular that has supported me a lot, on other websites. I knew him for at least 1 year. Once, he suggested to do a show and he will send me the :twocents-02cents: in a couple of days. I agreed because I knew him really well and he was really really supporting me for one whole year. What happened is simple. He disappeared from that moment and I didn't had news from him for months, lol. :lol:

He contacted me months later apologizing. He still buys my videos when I put them online but those :twocents-02cents: he ows me I've never seen them.
So, always get paid first no matter what. :handgestures-salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.