AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What would you do? MFC related ;)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2015
profiles.myfreecams.com
Ok so at the start of this month I was sooooo happy. I got to #50 on Miss MFC until I got completely passed. :) Anyways my 2 days of fame was cool hahaha. So now after those 2 days of awesomness I dont have to worry too much about how many people are in my room because now I can keep people in my room even when im fully clothed etc. so that was what i was worried about. Now I have completely put away the idea of being in top 20 of miss mfc because of the drama so the only problem now is: are some models meant to do more shows in public than in privates/groups? I can do countdowns in public and maybe/maybe not reach my goals but I always get offers/pms for PRIVATES, groups, and skypes all of the time. I am thinking of opting out of skypes b/c when people find out I do skypes so many guys line up and then they get impatient for waiting and cancel it and go around saying i ripped them off...well..that was one guy but..idk I'll stick with groups/pvts. ever since I did a public show this month and when you leave the cumshow unfinished guys want more and took me group and now guys are lik egroups/pvts? I want to stick with public shows but I CAN MAKE A KILLING ON MFC IF I DO PVTS/GROUPS. What would you do?

My first suggestion would be to get verified as a model. There are many models who feel most comfortable discussing their camming experiences in Models Only.

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... =24&t=1696

As for metered shows, i.e., privates/groups, and it appears that you have not done very many, there are members who will bug you to go private or do groups, and then only hang around for a minute or two until they've gotten you naked, shoot their wad and then leave. That kind of thing leaves models frustrated, and, as often as not, with a half-empty chat room.

Some rarely or never do privates and some have a bunch of members who take them private all the time. Some are known for their group shows and have great success with them. Different things work for different models, and you'll have to find out where you come in by trial and error. But whatever you do, get verified, and kick around ideas in Models Only with others who have worked through the decisions you are faced with, and you are sure to be better off for it.

Here's what I see a lot of successful models do. They'll do a countdown to a public show. They do the show if they meet the countdown, and they do exactly what they promised that show would be. Then, after the show is over, they'll end the night with groups or privates. If the night seems slow, and people aren't going for the countdown, they'll open up groups or privates.

I'm not model, and this is only what I've observed, but it seems like a logical way to go about it. I mean, aren't countdowns all about keeping paying customers in the room and engaged? People interrupting that with privates and groups means that those paying customers who are there for a public show might wander off. It's just good to cover your bases, and allow the night to serve all types of tippers, since not all tokens are spent the same.

I would say, no matter what you decide, be sure to put your room guidelines -- what you will do and won't do in regards to public, private, or group shows -- in your profile, and even put your evening plans in your room headline. If you don't skype, state it specifically. If you only group after a countdown, state it specifically. If you only go private every third Thursday, state it specifically. Give nobody a chance to claim ignorance and whine about being "ripped off" because you didn't pay enough attention to them.

:twocents-02cents:

Yes, what Zippy said, and nothing kills a room better than doing skypes. Many members will wait for an hour or more for a pvt to finish but as soon as you log off to do a skype, they're gone.

Some models only offer skypes as raffle prizes, or as something to be scheduled outside of cam time.

You can still offer Skypes, just either charge more for them than a private and let people know that they need to be scheduled for either before you log in or afterwards.

If it's a super slow night and someone wanted a Skype I'd take it, but otherwise they have to schedule them. I do actually take privates when people want them unless public chat is tipping REALLY well because if they have to wait too long they're gone for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.