AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What's your favorite website to just go and idle away time?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wikipedia has destroyed my sleep schedule. I'll start researching something and go down the rabbit hole...next thing I know, I've got fifty tabs open and it's 5AM.

I don't like Wikipedia, since it's not a reliable source and can be editied by anyone. But, there are some interesting articles there and it can be a starting point for info.

But, I can relate to the multiple tabs open thing. At work, it's not uncommon for me to have FF, Chrome and IE browsers open each with 30+ tabs...

I don't like Wikipedia, since it's not a reliable source and can be editied by anyone. But, there are some interesting articles there and it can be a starting point for info.

But, I can relate to the multiple tabs open thing. At work, it's not uncommon for me to have FF, Chrome and IE browsers open each with 30+ tabs...

It depends. More esoteric topics can be subject to the whims of the authors, but their moderation system is one of the most thorough of any 'compendium' info resources on the entire internet, so more common topics are almost immune to misinformation...nowadays, anyway.

They require citations and will flag any assertion, statistic, or general statement as un-cited and typically remove it if a citation isn't added promptly (sometimes as soon as 24 hours) . I've seen people put false info on a Wiki page, only to have it removed within minutes. They're pretty damned good about maintaining citations and verifying info.

It really comes down to the fact that *anything* written - whether it be an article on Wikipedia or in a hardcover Encyclopedia - can be erroneous or false. A LOT of published encyclopediae are full of B.S, too. It's up to us as responsible readers to look at the citations and make sure we aren't reading a bunch of bogus.

I agree about the 'starting point' though. Wiki is a great 'portal' into specifics. I've found some insanely interesting studies just browsing through the citations alone.

Reactions: Gen and DJ_Pioneer
YouTube... and the gossip forums that talk about people on youtube, because I'm mega nosy. Although most of the time people are quite mean on them. But it makes me feel better about myself, knowing there's people criticizing people that seem so nice and perfect on YouTube. It doesn't make me change my mind on them, it just makes me realise that people like to moan about every little thing!

YouTube, Joe Rogans podcast
Joey Diaz
Dave Rubin
Philip DeFranco
Steven Crowder

If I'm in a reading mood it's usually a combination of Reddit, Wikipedia, or forums like this. If it's anything else it's likely going to be youtube or twitter.

My longest standing guilty pleasure that eats up time is Blindgossip.com. I love trying to guess who they are referencing in the blinds.

After that it would be make-up tutorials/reviews on YouTube, Philip DeFranco for my entertaining yet very info filled news, in addtion to lots of science/history/psychology/creepy story channels.

Youtube, for all sorts of things, watching makeup tuts, vlogs and all....yeah....do I do makeup? no, but I love watching.

I feel like I may have watched all of the episodes of Sanford and Son, All in the Family, and The Jeffersons that are posted on YouTube, and I'm kinda sad now... :p

Gaiaonline.com

I've had an account there since high school. Multiple accounts, in fact.

Dude. I drop by there periodically just to see how they've changed. I forgot my password and locked myself out of my old account. I had so many amazing old school items that I try hard not to think about anymore. I'm sure they're worth some thousands at this point. I joined and donated to them starting a couple months after the halo. Glad to see they're still growing and doing great.

I Reddit a ton and I also get on youtube to watch people make food. I then add it all to my list to try it out.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Real estate websites for cities I want to live in; I specifically look for inexpensive fixer upper types. Then, IKEA's website for imagining how I would furnish the place with a dash of Pinterest for design inspiration and ideas on how to alter IKEA furniture to look more expensive and interesting.

I'm frugal even in my daydreams.

Real estate websites for cities I want to live in; I specifically look for inexpensive fixer upper types. Then, IKEA's website for imagining how I would furnish the place with a dash of Pinterest for design inspiration and ideas on how to alter IKEA furniture to look more expensive and interesting.

I'm frugal even in my daydreams.

I've been doing a little of something similar. Where I currently live, about the only thing keeping me here is an activity I'm heavily involved in, as I enjoy doing it and it's giving back to the community. But, I have been looking at what jobs are available in my field in cities I may want to move to. I've always been interested in construction, and most things mechanical as I have worked in those field in years past. I have an idea of the home I want to build. But, I'm always interested in new ideas, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.