AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When a guy "just wants to know your real name."

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mynameisbob84 said:
Kinda sorta privacy related: What are folks' thoughts on members saying "hi" should they bump into a model they know in public? I think if I ever saw a model I recognised, I'd feel too awkward to actually go up to them and bother them. If they're with friends/partner/family, then it's probably not a good idea to blurt out "hey, I've seen you strip on t'internet!" and if they're on their own, I'd worry that by approaching them I'd be putting them in an awkward/scary situation.

I would never do it. There's no way not to be creepy/threatening.

The only exception would be if it was somewhere they were making a public appearance as a representative of MFC (like at a convention). And then, if it was somebody I knew from MFC, I would probably give them a heads-up earlier (via PM or MFC mail), like "Hey, I'm going to be at this convention, would it be okay to stop by and say hi?" just so they know you're coming, and that it's actually you.

Reactions: Gen
mynameisbob84 said:
Kinda sorta privacy related: What are folks' thoughts on members saying "hi" should they bump into a model they know in public? I think if I ever saw a model I recognised, I'd feel too awkward to actually go up to them and bother them. If they're with friends/partner/family, then it's probably not a good idea to blurt out "hey, I've seen you strip on t'internet!" and if they're on their own, I'd worry that by approaching them I'd be putting them in an awkward/scary situation.

I think we used to have a thread about this, but that's a good question.

If someone noticed me at, say, the store when I'm alone, I'd probably be fine (and flattered) with them casually pulling me aside and whispering "Hey, I enjoy watching you on MyFreeCams!" But then a part of me would be thinking Oh, shit...this means they now know what county I'm in and what store I go to. And I'll have to avoid having this person behind me in the checkout aisle, because 1) I might be swiping a debit card which has my full name on it. Some people in checkout aisles don't give you enough room for cc/debit card privacy, and they get too close and literally have their shopping cart on your ass. :banghead: And 2) when you've got those store membership cards, cashiers will blurt out "Thank you, Mrs. Timberlake! Have a great day!" as they're handing you your receipt. :woops: And I'll have to go home hoping this person isn't following me.

yummybrownfox said:
mynameisbob84 said:

If someone noticed me at, say, the store when I'm alone, I'd probably be fine (and flattered) with them casually pulling me aside and whispering "Hey, I enjoy watching you on MyFreeCams!" But then a part of me would be thinking Oh, shit...this means they now know what county I'm in and what store I go to. And I'll have to avoid having this person behind me in the checkout aisle, because 1) I might be swiping a debit card which has my full name on it. Some people in checkout aisles don't give you enough room for cc/debit card privacy, and they get too close and literally have their shopping cart on your ass. :banghead: And 2) when you've got those store membership cards, cashiers will blurt out "Thank you, Mrs. Timberlake! Have a great day!" as they're handing you your receipt. :woops: And I'll have to go home hoping this person isn't following me.

Just to play devil's advocate a bit........

Wouldn't you rather know that you have to be careful around said fan rather than not knowing and possibly letting your guard down because you don't know the guy behind you in line at the supermarket recognizes you from a camsite?

But in response to bob's question, I would probably run the other way and hope she didn't know who I was even though my avatar here is Snoopy and my MFC profile is nonexistent.

Reactions: AllisonWilder
I actually have a different perspective. Before I graduated college, every bad thing in my life had happened to me at the hands of women, and men were always a source of comfort and protection. Yes, being hit on constantly right out of college was mildly disturbing to me, but it took someone from MFC finding my facebook and trying to friend my family and friends to make me realize that I need to be careful about my information.

I fucking HATE being paranoid about it. I hate the idea that there are people out there who are untrustworthy. I hate the fact that when it comes to protecting yourself from a stalker, a woman in the adult entertainment industry can't be too careful. It sucked the joy out of camming for a good three months when I realized what people might do with it. When I realized that I'm prey, and wolves can look suspiciously like the herd dogs who are supposed to protect me. Me being a submissive makes it that much worse. It's HARD to be suspicious. It's HARD to realize that maybe I shouldn't trust this person with that bit of information. I'm very uncomfortable with the idea that men might want to hurt me, even more so as I know that I'm not that capable of protecting myself, either physically OR emotionally. I don't like feeling that vulnerable, so most of the time I keep my illusion that men are there to protect and care for me. It lets me be free to care for them.

I used to be told quite often that I'm too trusting. It's possible. And maybe I'm not, because I haven't had all that much bad come out of it yet. Being robbed only once in 5 years of manning a gas station alone at night, as well as only ever having 1 man get a little too heavy-handed in his pursuit of me, is not a bad safety track record for a 28-year-old woman.

yummybrownfox said:
mynameisbob84 said:

In my head I'm always thinking "Are you actually TRYING to drive that shopping cart directly up my colon?"

RogueWarrior said:
Just to play devil's advocate a bit........

Wouldn't you rather know that you have to be careful around said fan rather than not knowing and possibly letting your guard down because you don't know the guy behind you in line at the supermarket recognizes you from a camsite?

Devil's advocate? Didn't you see the part where I said yes, I would be fine with being approached? :) And yes, of course I'd rather know. But I'm still gonna think to myself Oh shit because now I have a few things to be concerned about.

LilyEvans said:
But many, many women experience creepers ALL THE TIME.
Yep, this.

My prior comments about not giving my name and phone number at a store, or not signing up for my grocery store's frequent shopper program, are just convenience choices to help keep the junk mail that shows up in my mailbox to a single bushel per week instead of multiple bushels. While bad shit can and does happen to guys, it's nowhere near the level of random fuckery with which women have to deal.

For women, almost every close female friend I've had since high school has multiple stories like Lily's. Creepers shouting out vulgar things on the sidewalk, not being able to jog after moving to a large city because random dudes try to convince them to come home and have sex in the shower, even fighting off or being victim to sexual assault, the list goes on and on, and it's fucking horrendous.

As far as guys on a cam site or at a strip club "just wanting to know a girl's real name"? Fuck those dicks. Sure, maybe they ask out of ignorance the first time, just like some guys have never had that "Ah ha!... Oh shit!" moment where they realize the mere fact they are alone with a woman in an elevator is actually causing the lady to get a bit freaked out.

Once a dude has been out in the world for a bit, though, he needs to buck up and realize that courtesy is as important as ever, and there are some things a guy (or any person, really, but talking creeps of the male variety here) just shouldn't do. Haranguing some performer about her "real name" is at best a sign of social ineptitude, likely a case a being a world-class asshole, and possibly the sign of a full-on stalker.

I've no advice. The ladies in this forum continue to give great input, and new performers will probably learn more in their first hour of camming than I could ever guess.

Thanks!
/rant off

mynameisbob84 said:

First I would think WTF, she said she lived in Samoa?
But I agree it would just be too awkward. I also wouldn't mention that I had seen them in real life, when I next talked to them online. There is just no good that could come from worlds that collide.

mynameisbob84 said:

I've thought about this before.

If I were with my family, anyone in my family and a member came up to me I would be tempted to follow them home and strangle them. I don't care how innocent they felt like being, I don't really like even friends approaching me when I'm with my family, I absolutely HATE it when men show any form of interest in me. So a guy approaching me who I don't recognise, claiming he knows me and then revealing where he knows me from.... yeah I would be seriously pissed off.

With my boyfriend.... well he obviously is fully aware of everything, and is completely accepting of it. But even so, I think if the transition went from someone just seeing me on cam and actually seeing me in real life, I don't think he'd be happy and it could cause unnecessary issues for me and him later on.

I would never ever want to be approached by someone who has never tipped me before, or to be honest, even someone who's barely tipped me. The conversation would be "oh, so who are you on mfc? Oh, you're a guest/basic/a premium name I don't recognise... You've never bothered to tip me even enough for me to buy a chocolate bar yet have seen me enough to recognise me in the street and even felt entitled enough to interrupt my day to speak to me, risking me feeling both scared and uncomfortable. Yayyyyyyy!" and result in me walking off.

I live in a smallish town, it's quite a local area, so if someone saw me here who actually lives here... well that's a different story. The person could be someone I see a lot and I would like to be made aware of it. I would also request that they no longer view me and block me on mfc. It's not cool or healthy to risk forming an obsession on someone who actually lives near you. Not only that, but if they had a wife/girlfriend and they found out, even if I'm innocent in the matter I would probably have to pay for it.

The only time I almost wouldn't mind being approached would be if I were drinking in a club, somewhere busy, loud, had lots of friends around me, and someone came up, spoke to me, which is ok etiquette in a club, and mentioned that they recognise me. As long as they don't get really creepy afterwards then it wouldn't be something I'd be too fussed by. None of my friends would see anything amiss me talking to a random or being approached by a random in a club/smoking area, lots of people around, I've probably been drinking so will be less fearful, I'll also always have people around me and bouncers there if I feel something's really not right. In those situations I'd probably quite enjoy being approached, though if it were by a freeloader I'd probably still be kind of pissed off about it.

Although I don't give out my location on cam, I'm also not terribly secretive about it. I also don't block my state anymore. To be honest, I'm not usually out by myself unless it's for quick errands. The only place I spend a lot of time by myself would be the grocery store, I guess.

I had a member recently ask me "Do you like this band and this drink?" Turns out, he met a girl at a bar who he swore was me, and those were things she liked. It wasn't, though, and I don't like the things he asked. I think that might be the best way to handle it. If it WASN'T me, it would have probably weirded the girl out, and if it was, it still might weird a camgirl out. Personally, I don't mind people saying hi even if I'm with someone, though. I usually carry cash on me so that if I feel like my identity is unsafe, I can use that, too. Depending on the member, I might start going to a different grocery store.

I wouldn't want to be approached. The only exception would be if I was in a convention, and going there as Jessi Deer. If I'm out and minding my own business, stay away! If I wanted to be known by my real identity, I'd be calling myself that on cam. If I wanted to interact with members outside of MFC, I would make the first move.

MAYBE if it was a member I knew pretty well and he said something AFTER, but someone coming up to me at the grocery store would scare the shit out of me and probably end up with me not wanting to leave my house alone for a while.

Isabella_deL said:
That's probably not true that you've never had anyone be afraid of you, it has probably has just never been enough or for long enough for you to notice it. Men often send girls vibes that make them feel uncomfortable, even if they're totally unintentional, that discomfort is fear.

this. see im a big fella. always have been. but since i went through some abuse when i was young i never saw myself that way. i went blindly through life being me and not realizing the effect i had on others since i never knew that just on looks alone i could be intimidating. (even to males as big or bigger) i would engage in harmless flirtation and banter with ladies assuming they would know instinctively that i was harmless to them and was just being friendly.
then i got canned from a job for it. i was utterly baffled. i was never sexual. i never used course language, and certainly never touched anyone other than handshakes and perhaps a touch to the shoulder to get attention. apparently if a guy my size and appearance smiles and gives compliments on an outfit or hairdo it can be taken wrong... who would have guessed right? i never would have thought that anyone would assume that i would be aggressive or dangerous just from that.

and that was in a safe environment with other people around. now i started thinking about it. it still confused me for a while. i had always understood that a guy could be a source of fear for a lady alone. i did some reading, aged a few years and kept thinking about it while doing my best to never ever be more than polite. (which served me well later on when i did my stint as a bouncer at a topless bar) i finally got the idea after many conversations with women who did trust me and know me.

you see one thing us guys dont understand is the constant feeling of danger from another gender. we guys dont think about the possibility of sexual assault upon us. it happens more often than people realize, but guys arent taught to think that way, and our testosterone makes us unlikely to on our own. little girls are warned very young about that specific danger.

add in the raw nature of the male gender being larger and more physical at the baseline and there is a certainty for the majority of women that they could be victimized. and trust me, when it comes to assault size does matter. even a very well trained person will have trouble defending against a foe who out masses them by 20 plus percent. plus women dont have as much testosterone, so aggression isnt their first thought when faced with danger. (plenty of exceptions, but in general it remains true)

so, by the time a lady is adult and out facing the world they by nature, training and probability have had to face some kind of threat from males, at least once or twice. with the world the way it is no woman can safely assume any male to be "safe". modern technology has made the potential threat even more present. its easier to find someone, easier to track them as prey. so yeah, even a joke about "stalking" is enough to really piss a lady off. a guy would be just as twitchy if he had a life experience similar enough ( i know i am from my youthful traumas).

in other words if yer a dude you dont have to understand it yourself. you dont have to like it. but you really need to accept it and make accommodation for it. accept that no lady is going to be willing to behave in any but the most security oriented mind set and be happy they are wise enough to protect themselves.

I've had friends of friends recognize me from Facebook, and that's creepy enough. I don't know, it's just weird when the internet invades your life. I'm even uncomfortable when real-life friends/acquaintances reference something I said on social media. I can't imagine someone walking up to you at Target and saying "Oh, hello, madam. I've seen your hoohah on the interwebs and that makes us pals."

But doesn't blocking your state mitigate the chances of this somewhat? Let me ask a question of the models: has this actually happened to you in real life? Do you ever get members approaching you in public? If so, was it an isolated incident or does it happen enough to be scary?

yossarian said:
I've had friends of friends recognize me from Facebook, and that's creepy enough. I don't know, it's just weird when the internet invades your life. I'm even uncomfortable when real-life friends/acquaintances reference something I said on social media. I can't imagine someone walking up to you at Target and saying "Oh, hello, madam. I've seen your hoohah on the interwebs and that makes us pals."

But doesn't blocking your state mitigate the chances of this somewhat? Let me ask a question of the models: has this actually happened to you in real life? Do you ever get members approaching you in public? If so, was it an isolated incident or does it happen enough to be scary?

Blocking your state can help somewhat, but keep in mind the geoblocking is like the easiest thing ever to circumvent. I frequently block members from my room who have a reference to any of my blocked states in their username. I do the same on Twitter. I've never been approached in public but I have had a few people my my university follow me on Twitter. :shock: That was really uncomfortable for me. They never spoke to me directly so I'm assuming they didn't realize they were in my area, but I can't be sure at all.

Reactions: LadyLuna
yossarian said:

I've never had any of that happen, but, a few girls I worked with at a restaurant followed me on twitter. I basically read that as "Guess who knows what you do... Watch yourself" (they were young, immature and very catty). But I don't geoblock anywhere because, well, most everyone I know that uses torrents or games online uses VPNs so, I didn't see any point as they probably wouldn't do much for me. It's getting to the point that almost anyone with a little computer savvy uses a VPN so I think it's a false sense of security. I feel like the likelihood of someone in your state finding you and running into you in public and realizing it's you (assuming you lie about your location) is far slimmer than someone stalking you to FIND OUT where you live and then turning up there.

This isn't to say I think girls who geoblock are silly. It also depends on your location and your lifestyle. I literally never leave home and no one from my past would recognize me because I look completely different. Other people have lifestyles where there is a higher likelihood of someone that would recognize them might find them.

I guess it's different for everyone, because my sister had an account before I did, and my immediate concern was that she would be outed by someone who lived in our country or on our island. News travels quickly here and people can be so vicious. I'm a little bit paranoid about VPN and circumventing geoblocking; even something as simple as Google Image search. However, I feel like people who go through all that trouble are either stalkers or people who hate you so it doesn't bother me too much since that tends to be rare.

I did block my entire country as well as a nearby US state where I know lots of people of my nationality live. Just to be safe.

If anyone ever approached me, I would not be happy. I would be terrified, because people can make themselves out to be sheep or ducklings when they are rabid hyenas and swooping vultures. I would be even more terrified if someone approached my sister.

I wouldn't want to be approached in public at all. :shock: I hate it when people approach me in general, actually, because I'm incredibly shy and withdrawn, so when people try to talk to me I just get all flustered and ugly.

On the other hand, if someone saw me, I guess it might be better for them to make their presence known so I'm not rambling on about my school or where my mom lives or something. I would just hope if someone did say hi, that they'd do it really subtly so if I was with anyone else, it wouldn't be obvious.

I don't think I'm super recognizable, though, I tend to blend in a bit I think.

Reactions: Brad and Nordling
yossarian said:

Despite being very, very careful with never using names or photos across sites, I have had guys on social media message me out of the blue, and I later was able to figure out its because they knew I was a camgirl and thought it meant it would be easy to trick me into having sex with them. Stupid facebook messaging now allows people not on your friends to message you. Ive also had pictures of me make it to the top of some popular adult subreddits. Threads about me on sites like 4chan.

Ive had about 6 times where guys on dating sites (in my own city) first message was "ARE YOU JESSI FROM MFC?!!?!" as if I would be interested in them after that :woops: One guy became aggressive and scary when I told him to stay away from me.

Ive had an incident where someone told my little sister to warn me about a guy from our highschool who was asking around lots of questions about where I was living now, etc because he had seen me somewhere online and was getting really creepy and pushy (and now everyone we went to school with knows because of him).

A long-ago friend (who is luckily very nice and trustworthy) texted me a bunch of links that were posted on a tubesite that he found.

I had several incidents where people came into my chatroom and said "omg you look just like this girl I saw around [City]! do you live there?!"

People come from away for work or school all the time, and many people use VPNs or proxies for their porn time. Im always paranoid when meeting new people who just moved here. Don't forget, there are sites like [site name banned*3] with whole threads dedicated to finding stolen nudes/porn of girls from their hometown. There are guys who make a hobby/community out of tracking this shit down.

Fortunately no one has approached me in a store or street. Even though it SUCKS and I wish it wouldn't happen, I accept the fact that I will and have been outed, but jesus I just want to be left the fuck alone.

mynameisbob84 said:

This is no different from me bumping into a movie star or athlete. Just because someone is in the public's eye for their job does not mean I can just remove all personal respect and decorum. Just as I would never bother Jay Cutler if I saw him out in public I would not bother a model either. That's really more common sense and acting like an adult and less to do with the profession. So if you are a classless fool that would bum rush a movie star's dinner table for an autograph then you are probably the same person that would approach a cam model. Not the type of person I want to be.

And as a disclaimer I am NOT referring to instances where the person is required or even payed to interact with the public. That's not the same as someone just out in public minding their own business.

Brad said:
Just because someone is in the public's eye for their job does not mean I can just remove all personal respect and decorum. Just as I would never bother Jay Cutler if I saw him out in public I would not bother a model either. That's really more common sense and acting like an adult and less to do with the profession. So if you are a classless fool that would bum rush a movie star's dinner table for an autograph then you are probably the same person that would approach a cam model. Not the type of person I want to be.

about 4ish years ago I was working in a restaurant, it's part of a museum so there's a path going alongside it where tourists would walk through, one of my co workers pointed out that Nicholas Cage was sat pretty much right in front of where I was serving, he was unfortunately sat close to the area where tourists would walk through. He was very polite, friendly, having a nice meal with his family, then at one point he was holding his child as a chinese tour group walked through, the tour leader saw him, beelined to his table, made him put his child down so he could have a picture taken with him, they literally all swarmed around his table, at this point people on nearby tables started standing up and taking photos. It was one of the most disgusting displays of humanity I've seen. He left shortly after this, and what was even worse was someone from a nearby table actually got up and stole a glass of half drunk champagne from his table.
Sure, he's a big actor, but fucking hell, he was just trying to have a nice meal with his family. No one deserves that kind of thing. There are places where you can go and see famous people where they know there will be fans, or you can watch them on tv/in the cinema, or if you see them you can just look at them and smile politely, there is no need to actually harass them in day to day life.
Jessi said:
Ive had about 6 times where guys on dating sites (in my own city) first message was "ARE YOU JESSI FROM MFC?!!?!" as if I would be interested in them after that One guy became aggressive and scary when I told him to stay away from me.

I'd never thought of this, I guess if you're a single model going on dating sites is kind of a nono... or at least could be very risky! Much more than it would be for a regular woman.

We had a "bumping into" thread a while back, IIRC. The sentiments werenpretty.much the same. At any rate, there is a big difference between bumping into a camgirl, or some other person of interest and actively stalking them. That difference is intent.

It is kind of weird seeing a celebrity you have seen perform naked in the wild though. In the 80s I saw Sally Kellerman around town a couple of times while she was making movies. I even got to serve her once at the store where I was working. I didn't mention how much I admired her work in the shower scene in the M*A*S*H movie. But I sure thought about it.

I had a dream a while ago that one of my regulars I speak to a lot though have never seen a picture of was actually a guy I went out with a few times like 3 years ago. It was really disturbing because it was a very realistic dream and in the dream I was very upset about the level of trust I'd given this other member not realising who he actually was etc.

As a member if they saw a camgirl they knew and liked in a bar would go up to them and communicate with them/try and chat them up without letting them know how they recognise them? It's scary to think, although this dude might have no malicious notions, how much information you might give a total stranger.
And on the other hand, like in my dream, if an ex boyfriend, or someone who knew you from life saw you as a camgirl on your site, if they chose to not let you know who they are they could get very close to you, so long as they had the will to tip. Things I tell regulars I don't tell people in real life, and things I tell people in real life I don't tell regulars.

Sevrin said:
It is kind of weird seeing a celebrity you have seen perform naked in the wild though. In the 80s I saw Sally Kellerman around town a couple of times while she was making movies. I even got to serve her once at the store where I was working. I didn't mention how much I admired her work in the shower scene in the M*A*S*H movie. But I sure thought about it.

I met Ginger Lynn (Allen) about 5 years ago. She is a local girl and was attending the same small social function as I was. My friend at the time was kind of rude (he made an unintentional but still classless statement) but she handled it very well. After he walked away I enjoyed chatting with her for a few minutes and found her to be very nice. And we didn't even talk about porn.
:-D

ThunderWeasel said:
On the flip side of this, it's a bit disquieting on this side of the camera to be thought of in that fashion. I've never in my life had anyone be afraid of me, and it's a little unnerving. I do have to be realistic about it, and admit that none of you can afford to think in any other way. It's not a happy world we live in, as we all see every day on the news.

From my perspective, I don't view anyone in my chatroom as a threat. Unless they ask probing questions or present themselves as a generally untrustworthy individual, I generally assume everyone's cool and just relaxing and enjoying themselves without wanting to go any further than seeing me on cam/talking to me on social networking sites. I have security measures in place to prevent my real info from being spread, and don't have any 'personal' accounts on any site in my real name, or any pictures attached to my real name on the internet. I did a complete lockdown of those when I started camming, and haven't so far had any issues. There was an incident about a week ago where my location was almost outed, but thankfully that didn't happen, and my info is now even further in lockdown.

HOWEVER. If someone approached me in public and said, "Hey Gemma! I visit your room a lot..." I would instantly snap into complete and total guard mode. It wouldn't matter which member it was, how long they'd been a regular, or anything. That person would instantly be considered a threat, and I'd be looking for a way out of the situation, ESPECIALLY if I was with a member of my family.

See, if someone recognized me in public I would then have to worry about them:
  • ~Knowing my general location
    ~What store I usually shop at
    ~What I look like when I'm just walking around
    ~Following me back to my car and getting my license plate #
    ~Looking at my card during checkout
    ~Discreetly follow me around the store until I run into someone I know who uses my real name
    ~Following me back to my car after I leave and following me home
    ~Finding out info about my family
    ~Potentially blackmailing me with any of the above information

Now, all of this is scary. I realize it's not likely to happen due to where I live and the security measures I take, and if someone did follow me home... They would have to deal with my more *ahem* 'extreme' security measures, which I make a point to talk about on cam periodically, just to make sure every creeper in the room knows exactly where they'll stand if they fuck with me.

However, all of the above still standing, I love my regs. I'm 99% sure that none of the people who come into my chatroom on a daily basis and interact with me are stalkers, and if they did happen to find some of my personal info, they would come to me and let me know so I could put it on lockdown. There's no way that I can create a good environment in my chatroom for myself or those who visit me if I'm in a constant state of fear/distrust that everyone could potentially stalk me. That wouldn't be fair to anyone involved, and living that way doesn't appeal to me. So unless there is a clear and present threat presented by someone who says they have my info/walks up to me in WalMart and addresses me by my cam name, I don't generally think about it. I'm as safe as I know how to be online, and if that's not good enough, I sincerely hope whoever shows up on my doorstep has a bulletproof skull (for their own sake). ;)

Anybody that asks for a real name is not someone to be trusted. There are only two reasons someone would want to know your real name: Ill intent or delusionally thinking they have a chance.

Personally, I don't want to know your real name. I would like for you to give me a name to address you by if your cam name does not lend itself to something obvious. Other than that, I don't care.

I also don't care where you live. As far as I'm concerned, you live inside my computer screen. That's all I need to know. You live at the camsite mansion along with every other model and I get to pick and choose which one's I associate with.

Just to take names from this site for example, Amber is Amber, MissLollipop is Lolli, Lady Luna is Luna, JickyJuly is Jicky. That's good enough for me. Cumslut424, well I'm gonna need a name to call you because I don't want to refer to you as Cumslut. Anything you come up with is fine. Victoria, Barbie, Anastasia, etc., doesn't matter. To me anyway.

I've never asked for a real name and never will. I know the real names of a couple of models, either inadvertantly or on purpose. Hell, I never even discuss models by their cam name here unless they are an active member of the forum. The exception being Jenna Jameson, for obvious reasons.

In conclusion, if a member asks for your real name......run. Far, far away.

Have a happy day.

RogueWarrior said:
Anybody that asks for a real name is not someone to be trusted. There are only two reasons someone would want to know your real name: Ill intent or delusionally thinking they have a chance.
Actually there's infinite reasons to ask for it. Most of them aren't good, but some are valid to the situation.

I can give you one example. A model who i've known for some time was travelling out of the country. She had a mix up with her accounts and didn't have nearly enough money as she thought she would have for expenses while she was travelling. Normally there's options to help her out without knowing her name. However in this case it was extremely close to the travel date and all other options had been ruled out. The ONLY way left to help her out in that short of time-frame was by Moneygram, which takes a person's real name. I let her know I'd be willing to help but i'd need her real name if she wanted me to do so. She was in on trying to figure out other ways so she knew that was it. She decided to trust me.

To say there's only two reasons for something, i'd have to disagree with. It's an infinitely diverse world we live in, so there are no absolutes.

yossarian said:
I also believe models live inside my computer, and I am eternally grateful to them for not openly criticizing my taste in music and my obsession with funny cat videos.

That's because your taste in music is better than you think it is, and everybody has an obsession with funny cat videos.

LadyLuna said:
yossarian said:
I also believe models live inside my computer, and I am eternally grateful to them for not openly criticizing my taste in music and my obsession with funny cat videos.

That's because your taste in music is better than you think it is, and everybody has an obsession with funny cat videos.
Not me. Never been interested in... OMG this is funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.