AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When a model receives a big tip/is successful...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IsabellaSnow

Cam Model
Feb 3, 2012
myfreecams!
profiles.myfreecams.com
I've always got the impression from members that when a girl seems successful it tends to sway them into thinking "wow, this girl must be good"

Kind of like the guys who ask how big my breasts are, the breasts are right there, they can see them, in fact, they probably do not understand bra sizes anyway, but when I say "34 e" they go "wow, they're really big" .... yes, just as big as they look on cam without a bra as you're seeing now! But they for some reason needed confirmation that what they were seeing was true.
It's a kind of sheep mentality. In brick lane there are two bagel shops very close to each other, one had massive ques, but the other didn't. Some friends of mine did some research and asked everyone in the que why they chose that one. The reason was the que, none of them had ever tried the other place, they just assumed this place was better because it has the crowds.

I've noticed with my camscore going up that quite a few members treat me differently. Partly a respect thing, but the camscore number seems to make many of them accept if they want my attention they'll have to work for it harder.

But then there's the other thing, that people sometimes don't tip because they know a countdown will be completed without it, or they feel their 20 tokens look pathetic next to the 4k tip that was just dropped.

I'm curious to know where others stand on this? When you see a girl being very wanted/liked, does it encourage you to like her?

I agree 100%.

This is why, if done properly, models will start selling more if they raise their prices. I remember one model saying, "it's amazing how different it is with a lower camscore. The members are just different." On Streamate, I currently have two accounts. My old seasoned account and a brand-new one (to change my name). On my old account, people will shell out a lot more money and give me a lot more respect. On my new account, still in the New Model section, people are rude, try to scam me, beg, tell me I need to lower my prices or I won't make anything, and I get a hell of a lot more 40 second privates.

When I went to the mall, I assumed the $20 jeans were twice as good as the $10 jeans, and I know very little about what makes jeans "good".

If I'm going to spend money on a model, I'll assume the model with a 10k camscore can deliver a much better show than the model with the 700 camscore. Is that fair? In most cases, assuming so is probably not.

In my experience, this has been 100% correct.

i'm sitting maddeningly close to 10k camscore right now.

My ... journey to that point was... a 3-4 month climb to 3k where I sort of got stuck for many months. Then we took a roadtrip... and I finally broke 4k. After that it slowly rose fell but stayed above 4k... until the first camgirl mansion. The month or so leading up to it my camscore broke 5 and then 6 at the mansion.. and continued to rise when i got home. It skyrocketed to almost 10, then as i lost a large tipper sank to 6500 level before stabilizing at 7k. Now I'm seeing it rise again due to one tipper who is blowing through his inheritance at an alarming rate...

Its interesting how my 'high tippers' have progressed. when I was at a 4k camscore, setting a "6000 tokens" club (to be a lapdog and lifetime member of my pound it is 6k singletip) would have been an impossibility. I would have been laughed out of town. Especially as my high tips around that point were in the 4-5k range. Finally I broke the high tip and got 7 then 8 then 10k.. and '6k' was not such an out there idea. I will now get about one lapdog sign up maybe 2 per month.

And it every step of the way - I've noticed this. When I've gone to conventions with a 'lower' camscore, girls have approached me more readily... at a higher camscore it's almost as if they're a little afraid of me (ooooOohh i might bite?)

I've noticed many of my high tipping regulars will mention that they also tip another model with a lower score. When I look at their 'large' tips to her, even though they tell me they're MAD about her - they are SIMPLY not tipping as much as they tip me for my attention. Because she has a quieter room, a lower score, and when they tip 1000 tks they're making up 1/3 of her nightly goal (for example) instead of 1/10 of mine... so they get attention that is worth "1/3" of her daily paycheck.

I think its VERY true, and VERY interesting.

Evvie said:
I agree 100%.

This is why, if done properly, models will start selling more if they raise their prices. I remember one model saying, "it's amazing how different it is with a lower camscore. The members are just different." On Streamate, I currently have two accounts. My old seasoned account and a brand-new one (to change my name). On my old account, people will shell out a lot more money and give me a lot more respect. On my new account, still in the New Model section, people are rude, try to scam me, beg, tell me I need to lower my prices or I won't make anything, and I get a hell of a lot more 40 second privates.

When I went to the mall, I assumed the $20 jeans were twice as good as the $10 jeans, and I know very little about what makes jeans "good".

If I'm going to spend money on a model, I'll assume the model with a 10k camscore can deliver a much better show than the model with the 700 camscore. Is that fair? In most cases, assuming so is probably not.

OMG yes! People are being soo incredibly rude to me since I started on my new account. On my old account the guys were all super sweet, respectful, and seemed to think of me like a person. Now I get one or two people in my room, daily being assholes. I was told i have an ugly face, white trash (im less than half white btw),fake, etc, in the 4 or 5 days I've been online. I'm seriously starting to develop some anxiety about going on, when I just recently got over my cam shyness. :/

Isabella_deL said:
I'm curious to know where others stand on this? When you see a girl being very wanted/liked, does it encourage you to like her?

I think a girl being liked is symptomatic of her being likeable. It's kind of a chicken/egg thing. Do people like her because she's popular or is she popular because people like her?

That said, it would be poopy to assume that just because a model is yet to reach a certain level of popularity, that she's not likeable. The thing is though, people are poopy. I can easily see some members assuming that the rooms with few people in them are hosted by less than awesome models and the rooms with lots of people in them are always populated by awesome cam girls.

It's a completely flawed way of thinking (large room count does not guarantee you'll like the model and small room count in no way means that the model isn't worth getting to know) but I guess for members who just want to find the "best" rooms as quickly and effortlessly as possible, there are worse ways to guage things than popularity. :twocents-02cents:

Not only here but in reg life.. 'mob mentality' and the desire to be a part of 'something larger' has frequently been kind of puzzling to me. Sure, for things historic or such its understandable in the "I was there" reference but I'm thinking if anything camming is more hysterical than historic. :mrgreen:
When 'quality of show' is spoken of, I have paid particular attention to this with a few top girls that I've watched grow and evolve. In actuality, IMO the show is, if anything, less that the avg girl usually does when trying to build the room/following. It seems the queen bee attitude hits many and they frequently get over confident or even cocky, and sometimes tend to relax a bit and not try so hard. .... which can easily bring this full circle to the psychological effects of camming and essentially the sense of self that becomes a bit unrealistic after years of 'adoration' from horny dudes with tokens and unending compliments.

Isabella_deL said:
nope, not really. and it doesn't change my tipping patterns.
higher camscore may get me in the room and watch for a little bit, but I'm not like her because 1000 or more other guys do. for example, Shyutza or AspenRae or OliviaNaked, big camscores, yet, while 1000's of other dudes like/want these girls, I don't.

Isabella_deL said:
Kind of like the guys who ask how big my breasts are, the breasts are right there, they can see them, in fact, they probably do not understand bra sizes anyway, but when I say "34 e" they go "wow, they're really big" .... yes, just as big as they look on cam without a bra as you're seeing now! But they for some reason needed confirmation that what they were seeing was true.
I can never understand this thinking either. Surely they like the model and her breasts, why do they need to know the size to comment or confirm they do indeed like them. Maybe they have a cut-off point and if a model, no matter how much they like them, doesn't meet the minimum size they are no longer attractive enough for them. I understand some guys are curious, that's fine, but to ask the size and only then make a comment seems odd to me.

Isabella_deL said:
For me personally, no. If i'm going to be in a models room, i have to like her personality so whether she's popular or not so much, it's her that will affect me.

LuckySmiles said:
well I'm willing to volunteer myself for an experiment to test this theory ;)
...let's get a 10,000 token tip ova hereee...just to see if it changes me or my room dyanmic... :lol:
mwahahaha
sorry couldn't resist
For science.

Shaun__ said:
I do not really care how popular a model is. If I am in her room it is because I like her.

You wouldn't believe how many people have said "You're too popular for me to stay"

... I think they mean, you don't answer my pointless PMs fast enough so I'm finding someone with less people in her room because maybe I'll get the attention I think I deserve.

16_bit said:
Isabella_deL said:
I can never understand this thinking either. Surely they like the model and her breasts, why do they need to know the size to comment or confirm they do indeed like them. Maybe they have a cut-off point and if a model, no matter how much they like them, doesn't meet the minimum size they are no longer attractive enough for them. I understand some guys are curious, that's fine, but to ask the size and only then make a comment seems odd to me.

At risk of derailing the thread, I feel that dudes asking about breast sizes are like dudes who ask what kind of dick we've last had. I feel like men who fantasize a lot (not implying that there's anything wrong with fantasies) tie in their fantasies to descriptions.

If you spend all day looking at pictures of chicks with descriptions like "look at this hot natural redhead with DD tits" and "See Alexis bounce in her wet T-shirt with giant F-cup boobs!" sooner or later a guy is going to tie in a lot of importance to bra size, regardless of whether or not he can see for himself how large a woman's breasts are. So I feel like when a guy who's looking at you naked says "sexy! what's your bra size?" it's a reflex that feeds in to his fantasy.

It doesn't matter if they can see you or not, bra sizes have probably become a fetish just as much as seeing actual breasts is a fetish.

Evvie said:
At risk of derailing the thread, I feel that dudes asking about breast sizes are like dudes who ask what kind of dick we've last had. I feel like men who fantasize a lot (not implying that there's anything wrong with fantasies) tie in their fantasies to descriptions.

If you spend all day looking at pictures of chicks with descriptions like "look at this hot natural redhead with DD tits" and "See Alexis bounce in her wet T-shirt with giant F-cup boobs!" sooner or later a guy is going to tie in a lot of importance to bra size, regardless of whether or not he can see for himself how large a woman's breasts are. So I feel like when a guy who's looking at you naked says "sexy! what's your bra size?" it's a reflex that feeds in to his fantasy.

It doesn't matter if they can see you or not, bra sizes have probably become a fetish just as much as seeing actual breasts is a fetish.

That's very interesting, I think you're right lol! Dammit, I liked being like "they're right there, you moron"

Really interesting comments!
mynameisbob84 said:
I think a girl being liked is symptomatic of her being likeable. It's kind of a chicken/egg thing. Do people like her because she's popular or is she popular because people like her?

I think to a point it's a bit of both. But.... on mfcs I think a lot of it is people like/tip/go to her because she's popular. Possibly because for a lot of people they prefer going to a room when the girl isn't struggling and is genuinely having a great time, meeting her countdowns etc. For example, there are several girls who's camscores have dropped really badly, and have had to work hard to get it back up, which would have been very difficult, some girls have low camscores for ages, and people come in but then leave their rooms. But when their camscore moves up to 4k+ suddenly they're really popular, and I don't think that's just exposure.

My camscore dropped from 3k to 2k, and I saw a bit of difference, not major amounts, I recently raised it up to almost 4k and the difference is there, definitely! Yet I'm exactly the same as I was a month ago, but people are a lot more interested. If I do things, they pay more attention. And actually usually more people seem to chat, but not always.

Reactions: LadyLuna
LacieLaPlante said:
Shaun__ said:
I do not really care how popular a model is. If I am in her room it is because I like her.

You wouldn't believe how many people have said "You're too popular for me to stay"

... I think they mean, you don't answer my pointless PMs fast enough so I'm finding someone with less people in her room because maybe I'll get the attention I think I deserve.

You wouldn't believe how much time I think you save not having to ban those people, since they leave willingly. Some people are more trouble than they are worth. I have been in your room several times, and you were always very nice to me. I never felt ignored or neglected.

Isabella_deL said:

Maybe I'm an oddball, but I don't usually consider popular models. Rarely visit their rooms. Never tipped someone who has ever reached Miss MFC top 20.

As said by others in this thread, there are many models worthy of my time and tokens, all along the camscore hierarchy. I would spend the same amount regardless, but I prefer to settle in with those who have smaller room counts and lack big tippers. More intimate for conversation. More fun to throw my smallish tips which end up translating to something substantial in her world.

wjr3 said:
Isabella_deL said:

Maybe I'm an oddball, but I don't usually consider popular models. Rarely visit their rooms. Never tipped someone who has ever reached Miss MFC top 20.

See this is the mentality I was talking about. While there is a crazy amount of people in popular rooms, there are a great amount of people who will entirely avoid the "popular" models without really giving them much consideration simply because they are "popular".

LacieLaPlante said:
wjr3 said:
Isabella_deL said:

See this is the mentality I was talking about. While there is a crazy amount of people in popular rooms, there are a great amount of people who will entirely avoid the "popular" models without really giving them much consideration simply because they are "popular".
Perhaps some fellows feel intimidated going to very popular rooms?

LacieLaPlante said:
wjr3 said:
Isabella_deL said:

Because the popular girls couldn't possibly be awesomely fun to hang out with and manage to give you any sort of personal attention because they are too busy and self-absorbed or too focused on their already big tippers. :roll:

LacieLaPlante said:
wjr3 said:
Isabella_deL said:

Then again, the popular models being popular, it's not always a bad thing as it evens it out and means lower camscore models get people going to see them. It's the same kind of mentality, but the more common mentality is to go to popular models rooms. I'm kind of on the inbetween, not popular exactly, but not unpopular, just bumbling along minding my own business, hoping I stay at this level, or maybe someone will one day bring me higher. There seem to be a lot of inbetween people around too, who want to be able to chat/there not to be swarms, but have the girl popular enough, I wonder if this is why quite a few girls camscore's often fluctuate between 3k and 6k, because they get too popular, guys leave, then guys leave and more guys come, vicious circle, until there are really good regulars who don't care either way. Or maybe not...

LacieLaPlante said:
wjr3 said:
Isabella_deL said:

Even in the rooms where there's 1000+ people, I tend to find there's only ever a dozen or two members actually talking. I guess it's easy to see a room count of 1278 or whatever and assume that it's gonna be too hectic in there to get any kind of attention from the model, but I've never actually found that to be the case.

I think MFC (or any camsite) is one of those weird places where success is kind of hard to figure. Successful girls are not always the most entertaining at all...seems like a lot of luck to me. I'm not a model, so I can only guess at this, but success on MFC seems to be directly related to the amount of tips you get. If you have 10 regulars and 8 of them are rich guys, you will have more success than the other model who has 10 regulars and only 2 of them are rich. I always just assumed this was a matter of basic math. Is a model more successful because she has figured out how to get more rich dudes to stick around? I don't know but I have wondered this myself. The room count never seemed to be the best gauge either because I will tell you something about what I do. I will be more likely to stay in a crowded room because there is no way that model will be asking me to tip. If I'm in a room with 12 people, chances are good that the model there will be asking for a tip at some point....so yea, I'm going to get the hell outta there unless I'm planning to throw some tokens her way. Another thing I have noticed is that tipping sometimes creates more tipping....which to me, has very little to do with the model, so once you get to that certain point, it's kind of like a snowball effect and you can just keep climbing. That's just what I think, but like I said I"m not a model so maybe I"m way off.

LacieLaPlante said:
Shaun__ said:

I have also heard this, though in my experience, they are usually not people who will tip a lot..

Reactions: Nordling
mynameisbob84 said:
Even in the rooms where there's 1000+ people, I tend to find there's only ever a dozen or two members actually talking. I guess it's easy to see a room count of 1278 or whatever and assume that it's gonna be too hectic in there to get any kind of attention from the model, but I've never actually found that to be the case.
I have noticed that too in some rooms. Part of the reason there's a lot less people talking is that guests probably make up at least 50% of rooms, then when you add basics too (if they are both muted) it cuts down on the amount who can actually talk. Stills leaves plenty of premiums but you see some who never seem talk, ever.

Swirl said:
The room count never seemed to be the best gauge either because I will tell you something about what I do. I will be more likely to stay in a crowded room because there is no way that model will be asking me to tip. If I'm in a room with 12 people, chances are good that the model there will be asking for a tip at some point....so yea, I'm going to get the hell outta there unless I'm planning to throw some tokens her way.
I wonder if more people think like this. It would make sense to someone who has been 'called out' in the past, to perhaps mix in the crowd so they are less likely to be again.

Reactions: bob and LadyLuna
Isabella_deL said:

It does not encourage me to like her, although it might get me to check out her room to see what all the fuss is about. When I've done that, I've seen it go both ways -- in some cases I could see what people liked (sometimes that was something I liked too, sometimes I just understood that there was something that a lot of people would be into even if I wasn't that much), and in a few cases I was baffled. For the most part, I don't judge models one way or the other on popularity -- I go back to the ones I like personally and whose rooms I have fun in. That said, there are too many cool models to spend time with all of them, so I have a bunch I've been meaning to visit but don't often get to see.

Miss_Lollipop said:
I've noticed many of my high tipping regulars will mention that they also tip another model with a lower score. When I look at their 'large' tips to her, even though they tell me they're MAD about her - they are SIMPLY not tipping as much as they tip me for my attention. Because she has a quieter room, a lower score, and when they tip 1000 tks they're making up 1/3 of her nightly goal (for example) instead of 1/10 of mine... so they get attention that is worth "1/3" of her daily paycheck.

If I like two models equally well, I don't think I tip the more popular one more. I do agree that the same tip will tend to make a bigger splash in the less popular room (not saying the popular models don't appreciate it, just that a good tip is more common for them so probably less exciting). If anything, since currently I'm not able to give what I'd call a big tip more than occasionally, I'd probably rather make it to a less popular model since it will likely seem more special that way. Also, I don't think it's a good idea to tell a model how much you tip other models. It just seems like someone may end up feeling slighted that way. I don't keep careful tabs on how much I tip one model friend compared to another, and I'd really rather not have to worry about one feeling bad that I tipped another more.

HarmlessSquirrel said:
Isabella_deL said:

It does not encourage me to like her, although it might get me to check out her room to see what all the fuss is about. When I've done that, I've seen it go both ways -- in some cases I could see what people liked (sometimes that was something I liked too, sometimes I just understood that there was something that a lot of people would be into even if I wasn't that much), and in a few cases I was baffled. For the most part, I don't judge models one way or the other on popularity -- I go back to the ones I like personally and whose rooms I have fun in. That said, there are too many cool models to spend time with all of them, so I have a bunch I've been meaning to visit but don't often get to see.

Miss_Lollipop said:

If I like two models equally well, I don't think I tip the more popular one more. I do agree that the same tip will tend to make a bigger splash in the less popular room (not saying the popular models don't appreciate it, just that a good tip is more common for them so probably less exciting). If anything, since currently I'm not able to give what I'd call a big tip more than occasionally, I'd probably rather make it to a less popular model since it will likely seem more special that way. Also, I don't think it's a good idea to tell a model how much you tip other models. It just seems like someone may end up feeling slighted that way. I don't keep careful tabs on how much I tip one model friend compared to another, and I'd really rather not have to worry about one feeling bad that I tipped another more.

It's actually not a matter of being 'told'. I know that many girls on this forum share regs with me. most of them post tweets, screenshots or thank yous for large tips on their profile in some form, or blogs... So often I see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.