AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Where to study late night?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jillybean

Inactive Cam Model
Feb 28, 2013
FL, USA
Twitter Username
@JillybeanCams
MFC Username
Jillybean
Streamate Username
Jilly_Bean
My house is a madhouse. I can't study here and it frustrates me.

I'm curious for ideas of where to go late at night, when the library is closed, to study...

Everywhere I can think of (Starbucks, McDonalds, etc) is only open for drive thru 24 hours. Lol. I'm even thinking of going to the hotel I used to work at to study there. But the girl who works the overnights now is so, so talkative. :lol:

In my house I have a husband YELLING INTO HIS HEADPHONES ABOUT LEAGUE OF LEGENDS. And I have a roommate YELLING INTO HIS HEADSET ABOUT BATTLEFIELD.

And I just want to catch up on my studies!!! O_O

Also, I thought of Denny's. :p Would it be rude to order coffee and sit there for 3-4 hours?!

Jillybean said:
My house is a madhouse. I can't study here and it frustrates me.

I'm curious for ideas of where to go late at night, when the library is closed, to study...

Everywhere I can think of (Starbucks, McDonalds, etc) is only open for drive thru 24 hours. Lol. I'm even thinking of going to the hotel I used to work at to study there. But the girl who works the overnights now is so, so talkative. :lol:

In my house I have a husband YELLING INTO HIS HEADPHONES ABOUT LEAGUE OF LEGENDS. And I have a roommate YELLING INTO HIS HEADSET ABOUT BATTLEFIELD.

And I just want to catch up on my studies!!! O_O

Also, I thought of Denny's. :p Would it be rude to order coffee and sit there for 3-4 hours?!

Not rude at all. I do it quite often at Huddle House, Waffle House near me. Mornings of tests i go there for breakfast at around 4 in the morning and cram for hours.

Ironically my McDonald's IS open 24 hours inside but it's a horrible place to study. Everyone around thinks it is, so all the good seats are filled with people surfing on their laptops at all times of the night.

I'd say go for Denny's.

Jillybean said:

You wouldn't be the first to do that. How cool they are with it will depend on your particular Denny's. It will only cost you the price of a cup of coffee to find out.

Another tip I read is to get some of those headphones that are used at shooting ranges/airports.

Jillybean said:

My nephew does the same thing with WOW into his headset. Why do they all do that? The people on the other end have volume controls same as everyone else. All yelling does is ensure they crank them down a lot. He's loud enough everyone else upstairs can hear him even with his door closed. Even after being told to pipe down he goes back to yelling in a few minutes. I wanted to just unplug the router at night while I was there.

It's usually pretty acceptable to pull of the coffee and study for a long while at Denny's or any other 24 hour diner (especially late at night and if you're polite about it). The Denny's near me gets pretty rowdy and loud late at night though...

I used to go to a 24 Dunkin' Donuts sometimes to study late at night--it's pretty nice because no one is ever hanging out there late at night, they are open 24 hours, they have free wifi, and most have ample (unused) seating. It is probably the most low-key/boring place open 24 hours that one can sit at it without being bothered (around me at least).

I used to work at Denny's, and quiet studious types were my favourite. Just make sure to tip your waitress well ;)

Sometimes I go to Tim Horton's for 24 hour studying (it's kinda like Dunkin Donuts I think), and just at study playlists loudly in my headphones.

JerryBoBerry said:
Jillybean said:

My nephew does the same thing with WOW into his headset. Why do they all do that? The people on the other end have volume controls same as everyone else. All yelling does is ensure they crank them down a lot. He's loud enough everyone else upstairs can hear him even with his door closed. Even after being told to pipe down he goes back to yelling in a few minutes. I wanted to just unplug the router at night while I was there.

Because of the headset they can't hear themselves so they end up talking really loud to talk over the noise in their ears. They aren't actually yelling or angry, just talking VERY loudly.

[[I deleted all this complaining because I just checked and they opened the library hours again! :dance: Still not quite late enough for me though. :/]]

I guess I will try to find a coffee house or something. The Denny's will be a good idea, too.

I did manage to get my husband to stop being a fool last night, and got 75% of the work done. I'm just one of those crazy ass people who can't study without white noise or no noise. I can't handle a single voice talking, but if it's restaurant sounds, or even library sounds since my school doesn't seem to have a quiet policy, it's fine. :think:

Reactions: SexySteph
Jillybean said:
I'm just one of those crazy ass people who can't study without white noise or no noise. I can't handle a single voice talking, but if it's restaurant sounds, or even library sounds since my school doesn't seem to have a quiet policy, it's fine. :think:

I am the same way when studying. No music either. I can deal with the general hum of backround noise, but a single audible conversation, song, whatever - forget it.

The only idea other than denny's that I can think of is a station. Like a train station or bus station. Especially overnight, people are likely to be pretty quiet while waiting, and it's an interesting atmosphere.

Reactions: Jillybean
Have you tried a white/pink/brown noise app? They won't help with the loudest yelling, but they may be sufficient if you just need an hour here or there and don't feel like leaving the house.

Any buildings open all night on campus?
Or any 24 hours place like Denny's dunkin donut etc. as mentioned. I've noticed the 24hr places near campus seem to be quiet enough when I go to them after my own studying.

I know what you mean about loud room/building mates I'm lucky enough to always find an open door and get to any other through tunnels though.

Status
Not open for further replies.