AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Who would you vote for?

• Donald Trump

• Hillary Clinton

• Bernie Sanders

• Gary Johnson (Libertarian Party)

• Jill Stein (Green Party)

• Other

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to share, Mila? :) For example, I'm INTJ (the N is pretty close to the middle--i.e., close to being S)

It is fun, and useful for understanding yourself and what types of things you will be good at, or drawn to.

INTP. I like to think I am balanced in the Ti/Fe axis but I think I may be kidding myself.

What decisions require that level of agreement?

So, I was thinking about what you guys said (quoted below) about conflict, decisions, and how liberty is "injured when the individual's desires are ignored." And I am wondering if it is possible that all individuals' desires can be addressed. But I have more questions, if you're game.

Osmia said:
Anytime two or more people gather together to form a social unit (a household, a family, a workplace/town/city/state/nation) there will be conflict because each member has different needs, interests, abilities, weaknesses, strengths, etc. Politics is the process by which these differences are recognized and prioritized, with decisions being made to resolve those differences in such a way that the social unit's goals are achieved. (The social unit's goals ideally arise--even if imperfectly-- from the needs of the members, but not necessarily: e.g., dictatorships, traditional workplaces). These decisions necessarily injure the "pure liberty" of everyone in the social unit, because the members are all different and the decision is always a compromise of some sort.

These decisions need not injure pure liberty at all. I think the implication they must is inherently a wrong one. The only time liberty is injured is when the individual's desires are ignored, at which point we can't really say the 'social unit's goals are achieved' because they are done so at the expense of a member of the social unit.

In this Libertarian ideal, there is no government, right? And all services will be privatized, is that also right? And if they are not privatized then people will just find ways of getting their needs met on their own? So things will pretty much be left up to supply/demand or figure it out yourself. Or maybe you know some nice people who will help you out, but that's a crap shoot cause lots of people don't want to deal with other people's shit. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I understand if it is difficult to put in a nutshell.

Do you really anticipate that there won't be things that people will want or need but it will be too difficult to fit in a supply/demand model?

So, I was thinking about what you guys said (quoted below) about conflict, decisions, and how liberty is "injured when the individual's desires are ignored." And I am wondering if it is possible that all individuals' desires can be addressed. But I have more questions, if you're game.

Sure, though I think the big thing is that there is this idea that there are all these issues that need a social group making a collective decision to resolve. My point is, largely, those issues are red herrings that become non-issues when you get rid of the state.

In this Libertarian ideal, there is no government, right? And all services will be privatized, is that also right? And if they are not privatized then people will just find ways of getting their needs met on their own? So things will pretty much be left up to supply/demand or figure it out yourself. Or maybe you know some nice people who will help you out, but that's a crap shoot cause lots of people don't want to deal with other people's shit. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I understand if it is difficult to put in a nutshell.

Loosely, but the argument that it's a "crap shoot cause lots of people don't want to deal with other people's shit" is sort of... well, not one, I think. Because folks desire to not have to deal with people isn't really a justification for the use of force to steal to make things easy on those people. Things are already up to supply/demand, loosely. The 'services' the state provides are because there is a demand, the issue is they can't respond to market pressures easily and have no reason to, because they have no competition and are incentivized in ways other than service of their customer.

But loosely, you have it.

Do you really anticipate that there won't be things that people will want or need but it will be too difficult to fit in a supply/demand model?

There are difficult to find things now, but without the burden of the state dragging things down, arguably things will become more available, and competition will drive up quality and drive down prices. If there is enough demand, folks will respond to supply it.

Again, though, I think these are all sort of... red herrings, to a degree? Because if we're discussing what is moral and ethical, it doesn't even matter if the result would be hardship, because it is the moral thing to do. It just so happens that I suspect, and can make an argument, that things would be better off for pretty much everyone under a stateless society built around property rights and voluntary interactions.

Reactions: VeronicaChaos
Loosely, but the argument that it's a "crap shoot cause lots of people don't want to deal with other people's shit" is sort of... well, not one, I think. Because folks desire to not have to deal with people isn't really a justification for the use of force to steal to make things easy on those people. Things are already up to supply/demand, loosely. The 'services' the state provides are because there is a demand, the issue is they can't respond to market pressures easily and have no reason to, because they have no competition and are incentivized in ways other than service of their customer.

Well, it's a "crap shoot" wasn't really an argument. Lol. Just saying that you can't count on people to help you out. But from what I understand, you are saying that people's morals will be the thing that will motivate them to help others, and so there will in fact be people to help.

here are difficult to find things now, but without the burden of the state dragging things down, arguably things will become more available, and competition will drive up quality and drive down prices. If there is enough demand, folks will respond to supply it.

Again, though, I think these are all sort of... red herrings, to a degree? Because if we're discussing what is moral and ethical, it doesn't even matter if the result would be hardship, because it is the moral thing to do. It just so happens that I suspect, and can make an argument, that things would be better off for pretty much everyone under a stateless society built around property rights and voluntary interactions.

Just want to clarify what you mean by "Because if we're discussing what is moral and ethical, it doesn't even matter if the result would be hardship, because it is the moral thing to do." Like, if someone needed help and it caused you hardship to help them, you would help them anyway because it's the moral thing to do?

So voluntary actions are kind of key for making this work. But that means people have to buy into it and you have to agree on some "principled baselines". And so that's why you guys are arguing about morals so much. Do you really think that you can get people to agree on what is moral?

Reactions: Gen
Sure, though I think the big thing is that there is this idea that there are all these issues that need a social group making a collective decision to resolve. My point is, largely, those issues are red herrings that become non-issues when you get rid of the state.

But what is "the state"? When you have a large social group (an intentional group that has a commonly-held purpose; i.e., more than a collection of atomized individuals), there must be some type of decisionmaking apparatus for that group (though I suspect you would disagree, and if so, please describe how decisions that affect more than a few members would be made.). That decisionmaking apparatus is the state. That might or might not be what the members call it, but functionally, that's what it is. In a smaller, more primitive society, the apparatus would be small and informal. In a modern, large nation/state, the apparatus is large, specialized, and bureaucratic. Or, is what you're referring to as the "state" something more specific?

I'm actually interested in learning more about this, because my knowledge of libertarianism is admittedly superficial and at least somewhat based on popular caricatures. However, you would be a more effective advocate if: (1) you weren't so unrelentingly argumentative and dismissive, and (2) you recognized that just about everyone here knows less about the subject than you do, and tried to meet them halfway in the interest of actually communicating your knowledge (and if teaching about libertarianism is not your intent, why are you participating?). For example, instead of using terms that may have a specialized meaning in libertarian philosophy, and then scolding your interlocutors because they don't understanding them or they use them improperly, why not explain the concepts in terms that we can understand?

I still don't have a sense of how a libertarian society would look and function in its practical details. That's what I'm trying to understand. Maybe there's a fictional account of such a society somewhere out there. If it's thoughtful and not propagandistic/ideological, I'd definitely like to read it.

To wit: you own yourself, because you exclusively have the ability to control yourself and thus are exclusively responsible for your actions. By extension, you own the results of your labor and so on. Thus, from that core principle of self ownership flows all property rights. Because you have that right to self ownership, and an exclusive claim, anyone aggressing against you is a violation of that, and thus immoral. By extension, because your property rights are an extension of your right to self-ownership, aggression against your property is also immoral.

I have another question! Lol. I should start a thread called "Diane has a Question" :wait:

What if you don't own any property besides your own body? So you rent land - or an apartment on someone else's land and live according to the morals of whomever's land you are living on/renting? And you just gotta hope they are not gonna be dicks? Or everyone is living according to roughly the same moral guidelines so it will be ok? But still you gotta hope the landowner is not going to take advantage.

Things are already up to supply/demand, loosely. The 'services' the state provides are because there is a demand, the issue is they can't respond to market pressures easily and have no reason to, because they have no competition and are incentivized in ways other than service of their customer.

So, in response to this idea of red herrings and services for which there is a demand but no competition, there are some pretty real situations where there is demand but zero incentive. Or at least I cannot for the life of me think of how to incentivize foster care, for example.

Cause if you have kids who are living in abusive situations, I guess you can call the privatized police, but what happens to the kids? Where do they go? I can't think of a supply/demand/privatization situation for that. And there's A LOT of fucking kids in foster homes. Do you really think people will volunteer for that gig? Or you just leave everyone alone cause what they do on their property is their business, even if some insane shit is going down over there?

Same kind of thing for adults with disabilities. Even if they have parents who are able to care for them, eventually their parents are gonna die and there is no one to care for them. So what happens to those guys? That kind of care is expensive. Will people volunteer for that too?

I'm actually interested in learning more about this, because my knowledge of libertarianism is admittedly superficial and at least somewhat based on popular caricatures. However, you would be a more effective advocate if: (1) you weren't so unrelentingly argumentative and dismissive, and (2) you recognized that just about everyone here knows less about the subject than you do, and tried to meet them halfway in the interest of actually communicating your knowledge (and if teaching about libertarianism is not your intent, why are you participating?). For example, instead of using terms that may have a specialized meaning in libertarian philosophy, and then scolding your interlocutors because they don't understanding them or use them improperly, why not explain the concepts in terms that we can understand?

I'm trying to do this too! So far no unrelenting argumentative and dismissive responses :giggle:

I have another question! Lol. I should start a thread called "Diane has a Question" :wait:

What if you don't own any property besides your own body? So you rent land - or an apartment on someone else's land and live according to the morals of whomever's land you are living on/renting? And you just gotta hope they are not gonna be dicks? Or everyone is living according to roughly the same moral guidelines so it will be ok? But still you gotta hope the landowner is not going to take advantage.

So, in response to this idea of red herrings and services for which there is a demand but no competition, there are some pretty real situations where there is demand but zero incentive. Or at least I cannot for the life of me think of how to incentivize foster care, for example.

Cause if you have kids who are living in abusive situations, I guess you can call the privatized police, but what happens to the kids? Where do they go? I can't think of a supply/demand/privatization situation for that. And there's A LOT of fucking kids in foster homes. Do you really think people will volunteer for that gig? Or you just leave everyone alone cause what they do on their property is their business, even if some insane shit is going down over there?

Same kind of thing for adults with disabilities. Even if they have parents who are able to care for them, eventually their parents are gonna die and there is no one to care for them. So what happens to those guys? That kind of care is expensive. Will people volunteer for that too?

I'm trying to do this too! So far no unrelenting argumentative and dismissive responses :giggle:
Re: foster care; in a system of less government, more children will be able to be adopted to wanting parents due to a decrease in red tape. It's a tricky situation because so many programs exist simultaneously with regulation that creates a need for these programs. Its weird talking about foster care as a business, but essentially the people who want to adopt but can't in the current system would be the ones financially supporting it.

I'm on my phone so quoting is difficult, but in response to why don't libertarians move somewhere else if they're being oppressed: why doesn't everybody who doesn't agree with how things are run now just move somewhere else? Libertarians believe in the freedom that this country was founded on, which incidentally was freedom from the tax burden overseas. It's not unpatriotic to propose a capitalist free market society.

Also, it came up a bit on the last page or so, but saying that we agree to pay taxes by living here isn't really a perspective that can hold up much weight: what other institutions are we agreeing to endure by default of citizenship? All of them, or just the ones you personally agree with?

Reactions: ACFFAN69
i came here to find out what the heck @supermila changed their avatar to and that was interesting and informative thank you

(i miss your gr8 boobs but the bird is cute too)

EDIT: this was about the really long one, not the joking ones i hadn't read yet, but thanks for the laugh lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: Mila_ and Osmia
Also, it came up a bit on the last page or so, but saying that we agree to pay taxes by living here isn't really a perspective that can hold up much weight: what other institutions are we agreeing to endure by default of citizenship? All of them, or just the ones you personally agree with?

I don't know if this is in response to stuff I said, but I did talk about this a couple of times. I think you don't have much choice where you are born, so you have to put up with it until you are an adult and can affect change, or maybe you don't have to be an adult to affect change. I'm not saying I think it is a good way for things to be, or fair or anything, but I think it is the default of citizenship, as you say. But isn't this the same for everyone in all countries, like it is just a fact of life? If someone is born in a country with Libertarian ideals then you have to endure that by default as well. But to say that anyone should go somewhere else if they don't like it here is not an argument I would make - I hope anything I said didn't come across that way.

Also, thank you for the foster care explanation. That makes a lot of sense. Foster care is pretty fucked as it is now.

Reactions: Osmia and Gen
yeah!! new supermila avatar is genius! first time I saw it ( moments ago ) I thought would make great Bernie banner/slogan - then remembered he quit the revolution...but he would have liked this!!! cause he into birds and birds love him too ( means World Peace) which he wants for all of us and also Lines for bread (which r good) and if he manages all that we would have perfect unity/utopia right here in USA

Reactions: Mila_
Rational inquiry. Morals HAVE to be universal, or they are merely preference, else are you trying to tell me that murder, theft, rape, and the like are not actually WRONG universally?
This perfect world where everyone folows morals and stuff is not do easy to achieve. I see what u mean but the concept of rape for example does not even exist in some cultures and is difficult for some to grasp. There is no such thing as rape in quran cause body of wife belongs to husband or slave girl to master.Some people grow up in comletely different world than we do with different set of values.

....I'm on my phone so quoting is difficult, but in response to why don't libertarians move somewhere else if they're being oppressed: why doesn't everybody who doesn't agree with how things are run now just move somewhere else? Libertarians believe in the freedom that this country was founded on, which incidentally was freedom from the tax burden overseas. It's not unpatriotic to propose a capitalist free market society.

Perhaps it's a matter of how much of it you don't accept, and how strong your disagreement is. For example, like any thinking person, I disagree with much of what is happening--or is being proposed--in this country. But I don't think I could find anywhere else to live in the world that would be a net improvement. More to the point, I don't think it's possible, even in principle, to live in a human society or social group without having to accommodate at least a few of my core beliefs and preferences to the preferences of the larger group. So, it's partly just a practical matter. I also love this country and the ideals on which it was founded, and I can see that those ideals are moving the US gradually in the direction of greater social justice.

The concern I have with libertarians is that they represent a discontinuity with the nation's past, with its founding principles, with its potential for economic and social justice. I can hear the libertarians protesting that it's just the opposite: that they are the heirs to the liberty-seeking founders of this country. And maybe they are. I keep conflating libertarianism and anarchism, which seems to be a more extreme flavor of libertarianism. I reject anarchism (that is to say, I don't want to live under anarchism, but I support the right to hold such beliefs). But where does libertarianism end and anarchism begin?[/QUOTE]

As a citizen, I agree to endure all of the institutions and practices of this society/nation. Enduring them doesn't mean I agree with them, but I accept them because they were arrived at through a legitimate (if highly imperfect) democratic political process, and therefore they have legitimacy. The income tax was arrived in through such a process, and it's a settled matter as far as I'm concerned until and unless the democratic system modifies it. I thought the process by which George W. Bush became president was outrageous and a mockery of justice. But the Supreme Court that handed him the presidency was acting in its lawful capacity, so I accepted it, and accepted that Bush was a legitimate president. What's the alternative? Leave the country, or start a revolution every time the government does something I object to? No, I accept that my wishes and needs are not always going to be accommodated by society, but as long as I can see that the government's decisions were arrived at based on the law and on the constitution, I'm satisfied.

This is more for @Behemoth ....I've been reading the New Yorker profile of Gary Johnson, the libertarian presidential candidate. Here's an interesting passage:

But Johnson isn’t reflexively against all government. He supports the Environmental Protection Agency, arguing that policing polluters is a proper function of the government. As governor of New Mexico, he aggressively used the power of the state to force Molycorp, a large mining corporation, to clean up a contaminated site. He eventually allowed the E.P.A. to declare the area a Superfund site, turning the issue over to the federal government, which had more resources to go after the company. “The government exists to protect us from harm, and that pollution is harm,” Johnson said. “Libertarians would say, ‘You and I have the ability to sue Molycorp. We can bring them to bear from a private standpoint.’ But the reality? You can’t.”

I can really respect and understand this POV. Johnson is a realist and recognizes that the actors in our economic and judicial markets are not operating on the same level of power and access. This is what I still don't understand: how would a true/pure Libertarian (not a de facto republican as Behemoth regards Johnson) address a real-world problem like this?

Omg! Awesome for posting this Justjoinedtopost!
Yes

the Eagle in Trump scene vs the other birds - perfect example of where the Truth in election is.

The other guys in bird story...making up stuff bout birds supposedly flyin on stage while speech and other nutty variations of miracles that show ppl peace. Lmao!! The list of lies is so long.

And Trump posed with bird in office and he is like : folks the bird was hired for photoshoot just brought in - looks cool

See the difference? Feel the energy ?
perfectly shows the way to truth and which candidate to trust.

Sometimes it comes down to simple things.

• Funny!
Reactions: Gen and Mila_
image.jpeg Too late to edit post above but found this pic.
I think we need to be careful who we vote in cause some of these ppl out there lie to us a lot but he is the good guy. I read some of u scared of him don't worry he is about the truth and in the end is all that we have that is real.Truth can be shocking sometimes but I would rather have that.
And i would like the guy in the office to tell me how it is and not snow me with fairies miracles stuff just to feed agenda.We deserve to know what is going on.
I am worried about the direction world is taking right now and just wanted to post this as my last in the thread. Not sure if I will come back to write in this one fir a while right now I feel I already said all I wanted to say and more lol.love all of you who voted for this guy and all of you who wanna or think he might be good!love all of u who read stuff here and try to figure things out and stuff!
Hugs!
P.s. Grateful for this forum too cause I never got to talk bout politics like this and this forum is awesome freedom of speech and I feel like I belong in this group for more than one reason ! Yeah!

Omg! Awesome for posting this Justjoinedtopost!
Yes

the Eagle in Trump scene vs the other birds - perfect example of where the Truth in election is.
I agree. A staged scene with a bird. Something the common man can easily understand.

I'd honestly be super interested in a thread about what an ideal government would look like to different people. I think that sort of thing is very interesting. I took a class once on dystopian and utopian societies in literature, and it opened the door for lots of conversations about people's ideas of what an ideal society would look like. A lot of these socialist vs. libertarian ideas were touched on in group discussions, and I always found it interesting.

@BlairLuxe I would love to know what was on the reading list for that literature class. Feel like sharing? :)

@BlairLuxe I would love to know what was on the reading list for that literature class. Feel like sharing? :)

I read The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, Lord of the Flies by William Golding, and we also read some short stories, but I can't remember what all we read.

I don't think it's probably a super exciting list, those are pretty commonly read dystopian novels. :) But I liked that class. I'd recommend all of those books for sure, I think that I liked The Handmaid's Tale the most, though.

When I saw this headline in an RSS feed, I thought "This has to be from The Onion."

"Donald Trump insults a fire marshal, calls email stupid, and makes a baby cry in Colorado"

But no, it's real. Just another day on the campaign trail....

The 2-baby photo is actually kind of cute, though. Perhaps the crying baby was scared because he felt unsupported by those small hands. :D

http://qz.com/746665/donald-trump-i...mail-stupid-and-makes-a-baby-cry-in-colorado/

• Funny!
Reactions: Nordling
They should have voting on Saturday instead of Tuesday.
Yes, or make it a national holiday. I'd rather see it on a weekday...simply because some religions have Saturday or Sunday as their Sabbath, and pulling a lever might be considered "work."

Incredibly, this morning Trump is continuing his war of words with the Khans: https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/760089177786580992

John McCain issued a lengthy statement condemning Trump's behavior: http://www.businessinsider.com/john-mccain-donald-trump-khan-family-2016-8 This article contains the full text of the statement, which is well worth reading.

Here is the best explanation I've seen of why Trump continues this compulsive, gratuitous insulting of seemingly everyone in his path (BTW, before that, it was a local fire marshal and Michael Bloomberg ). Basically, Trump is a narcissist who feels the need to maintain dominance over everyone he deals with, especially those who criticize him.

What you guys think about the recent court rulings on voter rights in North Carolina and Wisconsin? I think similar rulings are happening/did happen in Texas and Kansas? Sounds like the first two courts used some pretty harsh language when talking about how the restrictions on voter registration was directly targeting black voters. The rulings should make things pretty interesting now that it's down to Hilary and Trump.

What you guys think about the recent court rulings on voter rights in North Carolina and Wisconsin? I think similar rulings are happening/did happen in Texas and Kansas? Sounds like the first two courts used some pretty harsh language when talking about how the restrictions on voter registration was directly targeting black voters. The rulings should make things pretty interesting now that it's down to Hilary and Trump.

Oh man, I knew that leaving the US would make me lose contact with news and events but I didn't expect this to happen so quickly... :( Must be my lack of Fox/CNN.

Can you please explain a bit what is going on?

Oh man, I knew that leaving the US would make me lose contact with news and events but I didn't expect this to happen so quickly... :( Must be my lack of Fox/CNN.

Basically North Carolina wrote voting laws with the specific intention to prevent black people from voting (at least based on the research they did prior to writing the laws). I think something similar happened in Wisconsin?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...blicans-tried-to-disenfranchise-black-voters/

Yep, the NC case was particularly egregious because (as the WaPo article linked to by SexySteph describes), during development of the legislation, the legislators requested voting and demographic data that they used to tailor the law to target blacks. They might as well have put a flashing neon sign on the state capitol saying "Racists R Us --Fuck u, feds." There must be more to this story, since doing this research (with its inevitable paper trail) was incredibly stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.