AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Who would you vote for?

• Donald Trump

• Hillary Clinton

• Bernie Sanders

• Gary Johnson (Libertarian Party)

• Jill Stein (Green Party)

• Other

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, you do not know me, so don't assume stuff about me. I might not be an american, but I have been living in the US for the past 7 years and I am a journalist. The area that I cover is american politics. . . .I am not speaking out of my ass.

You've described your biography, as summarized above, in various previous posts on this forum. So, while I don't know you, I was not assuming anything about you.

I don't think you have a firm grasp of how the economy works. Americans would do those jobs if they could do them. Americans did these jobs before 1965 when the open immigration law was enacted and unskilled labor immigrantes flooded the country.

First, this isn't 1965, and it definitely isn't The Grapes of Wrath. Migrant farm labor is simply not something today's Americans would do. It's not just a job, but a way of life that is completely foreign to today's American citizens. The only way I can envision this happening is in some post-apocalyptic world where social ties, property, and all expectation of improvement, have been lost or broken down. Americans replacing illegals is more plausible in my example of roofers. But still, as illustrated by the example of the iPhone being made in China, people from developing countries will often do work that Americans simply won't do.

Reactions: Nordling
I was thinking about this the other day in another conversation... I never thought Trump was going to start deporting people much either, but who knows. I saw it more as enforcing the laws already in existence.

But I might have an idea of where he got the idea from, of a program like that being cheaper on the government, (because it was... spoiler alert... under Bloomberg)

But also the participants were willing. They wanted to go back home. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/29/nyregion/29oneway.html?_r=0

I'm surprised I hadn't heard of this. It makes good financial sense. This is the kind of "out of the box" thinking we need.

However, I think this would work for only a smallish subset of all illegal immigrants. The stumbling block is the need for someone to take them in at their destination. With many illegal immigrants, their families back home likely could not afford to take them in, nor would they necessarily want to return; that's one of the reasons they left. Still, it would be nice to see this tried at the federal level. The mayor of NYC has considerably more flexibility than the US president.

Reactions: LuckySmiles
I'm surprised I hadn't heard of this. It makes good financial sense. This is the kind of "out of the box" thinking we need.

However, I think this would work for only a smallish subset of all illegal immigrants. The stumbling block is the need for someone to take them in at their destination. With many illegal immigrants, their families back home likely could not afford to take them in, nor would they necessarily want to return; that's one of the reasons they left. Still, it would be nice to see this tried at the federal level. The mayor of NYC has considerably more flexibility than the US president.

But also it wasn't just Immigrants, it was Americans from other parts of the country that are a bit easier to live in. Or pursue this American Dream. Also figure that was dated 2009, immediately after the banking crisis, where I know for example, my own company at the time had a hiring freeze.

It's fair to say that people that don't want to be in America are going to be depressed and more of a drain on society than people that truly do. So some sort of "get out a jail free" "send me back please" option, could help some things and some people, even if only a little.

Reactions: Osmia
This is actually very important. And it's what people seem to be missing lately... come to america, but be American! Leave your politics from your other countries at the door. This is something that was kind of instilled among the immigrant families and places I come from.

You fight for your own country, not the one you fled to do better.
I get super aggravated when people call America as a country "oppressive" "racist" "no such thing as American Dream" etc etc. Bullshit. And no one wants to live in a place where these things are actually true. There is huge separations of wealth but you ultimately can still move from one to an other, even if it seems harder now for all Americans than it was 10 and 20 years ago.

I still think America assimilates immigrants (the legal variety) better than any other country. One big reason for this is that most of them come from countries where the weight of history and tradition is inescapable and can be oppressive. The USA, as a relatively young country, founded on the Enlightenment ideals of human rights and dignity, must seem like a breath of fresh air, allowing one to throw off that weight and just exist as a person among other persons.

Ok! Please know that some of the refugees might have a problem with your outfit and u need to accommodate that too for them.
That is good...so who else willing to take ppl in and how big is your place ?
I think you're underestimating Americans. We have big hearts and big mouths and a big country. I also think the average American is brave enough to worry less about a burkini sighting than a child being injured in a war they didn't create. We are different from Europe. We don't have to expect the same exact problems they are facing. I think that @LuckySmiles is right in saying that immigrants who come here should want to be American, but we have to make the American dream accessible. We shouldn't assume the worst of people, especially those who are in desperate situations.

I think you're underestimating Americans. We have big hearts and big mouths and a big country. I also think the average American is brave enough to worry less about a burkini sighting than a child being injured in a war they didn't create. We are different from Europe. We don't have to expect the same exact problems they are facing. I think that @LuckySmiles is right in saying that immigrants who come here should want to be American, but we have to make the American dream accessible. We shouldn't assume the worst of people, especially those who are in desperate situations.

Of course, but that's the idea behind a vetting process...It's almost as simple as being like so... where do you want to go? America? Canada? France?
if the answer is "I don't effing care just please get me out of here!!"
It's like.... Oh... *side eye* you know?

• Helpful!
Reactions: JickyJuly
I do feel that regardless of party, voters would do themselves a huge service to spend some time learning about and researching what exactly is involved in being president and what a president is actually capable of accomplishing.

If many things you are supporting a candidate for are mostly things the candidate is incapable of actually achieving, then are you really voting for more of a "sloppy joes every monday and free candy machines" student body president?

"I'll build a wall and make mexico pay for it" ... Wha? HOW? will it be built out of free candy machines and sloppy joes too?

Don't forget, "A vote for my rival is a vote for being shot!" o_O

ETA: I'm wondering now if that would have worked while I was running for student body pres...

I also like the concept of running America like a business... maybe the program before is like a "quit America" severance package, or a better get into America interview process... ponders ponders...

EDIT: "something something ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" ~Some guy who got shot in the head.

I still think America assimilates immigrants (the legal variety) better than any other country. One big reason for this is that most of them come from countries where the weight of history and tradition is inescapable and can be oppressive. The USA, as a relatively young country, founded on the Enlightenment ideals of human rights and dignity, must seem like a breath of fresh air, allowing one to throw off that weight and just exist as a person among other persons.

All I know is that most immigrants I've ever met are way more American than I'll ever be.

All I know is that most immigrants I've ever met are way more American than I'll ever be.

But here's the shocker that doesn't often make the news... some of them like Trump. :wideyed: Some of them are Muslim and don't want terrorism to sneak in either... some of them are Mexican and want America to get a better control drug trafficking... etc etc.

Reactions: Lili_xo
But I forgot... I'm from the magical happy places where no one ever sacrificed or worked hard to get out from under bad circumstances or fought to accomplish great goals... they all must just get "lucky" and win the lotto or something. /s

ok I think I've gotten all of that out of my system. :D

I think you're underestimating Americans.
No I think u underestimate americans cause majority of states voted trump means majority do not think open borders = good thing.
And the good giving heart is nice but just like with everything there needs to be a balance - common sense is a good thing too.
I have to admit that when trump was like winning I - American - said to my friend -also an American but unfortunately Bernie supporter : " I can't believe am majority"

We shouldn't assume the worst of people, especially those who are in desperate situations.
Well that is actually a tricky concept. I would give u a facepalm but I realized u actually believe in these things and r possibly genuine nice person. Please research some more. This stuff is tricky and is not as simple as open hearts, flowers and teddy bears to everybody.

Reactions: Mila_
No I think u underestimate americans cause majority of states voted trump means majority do not think open borders = good thing.
And the good giving heart is nice but just like with everything there needs to be a balance - common sense is a good thing too.
I have to admit that when trump was like winning I - American - said to my friend -also an American but unfortunately Bernie supporter : " I can't believe am majority"

Umm... The majority of American's NEVER wanted Trump. Just because he won the primaries doesn't mean the majority wanted him. Trump had 13.4 million votes in the primaries, but there were also 15 million votes cast for Republican candidates that WEREN'T him. And that's all not counting the Democratic primaries.

To put it in simpler terms, you and 7 friends are going out for dinner. You're torn between Chinese, Poop, Mexican or Italian. 3 people choose "Poop", 2 people choose "Mexican", one chooses "Chinese", and on chose "Italian". The majority doesn't want poop, it just happened that everyone else was so divided between the other 3 that you got stuck with poop.

(I changed it from "pizza" to "poop", because let's be real, everyone loves pizza but only someone who likes to watch the world burn would have voted for poop.)

Well that is actually a tricky concept. I would give u a facepalm but I realized u actually believe in these things and r possibly genuine nice person. Please research some more. This stuff is tricky and is not as simple as open hearts, flowers and teddy bears to everybody.
I'm from, arguably, the worst city in America. I know it's not hearts and flowers and fuzzy stuff. That's where being brave comes in. If we, as Americans, want to talk about our ideals and our courage, we have to live them. Trump isn't selling courage. I've said over and over in this thread that he might not be worse than Hillary. I'm not rooting for his opponent, but nothing about his platform is brave. Maybe some portion of his followers like his business talk. Maybe others find him just a bit better than Clinton's nonsense. Maybe some like that he's not a politician. But, he IS padding all those people up with fearful folks, people who are afraid of their fellow Americans even. In his own words he said Trump=SAFE. That's not at all patriotic.

Ok! Please know that some of the refugees might have a problem with your outfit and u need to accommodate that too for them.
That is good...so who else willing to take ppl in and how big is your place ?

( this is a joke but if it was real I wonder how many ppl would actually respond to this )

Canada has an immigration policy that allows private citizens to sponsor refugees. I have several friends and one cousin who have raised money to bring Syrian refugees to Canada. This is different than refugees coming through the traditional government refugee program. I think I mentioned it before, buy if I felt like repeating it might be go, cause yeah, there are lots if people who are welcoming to refugees.

Of course, but that's the idea behind a vetting process...It's almost as simple as being like so... where do you want to go? America? Canada? France?
if the answer is "I don't effing care just please get me out of here!!"
It's like.... Oh... *side eye* you know?

I don't know if you are being sarcastic. This is how it pretty much happens, as I understand it. Refugees do not get to pick where they go, which is why there's that argument about how unlikely it is that terrorists who are targeting a specific country are pretending to be refugees, cause they don't get to choose which country they will eventually settle in. I don't know if I'm explaining this clearly. Do you know what i mean?

But here's the shocker that doesn't often make the news... some of them like Trump. :wideyed: Some of them are Muslim and don't want terrorism to sneak in either... some of them are Mexican and want America to get a better control drug trafficking... etc etc.

Yes just after the convention I watched an interview with a woman from a Muslim group who supported Trump. Totally interesting. For sure there's a lot of different people who support him. But it is funny to watch Stephen Colbert talk about how low he is polling with African Americans, like he's coming third in a game of solitaire lol.

Reactions: Gen
Any american that is currently unemployed and cannot provide for his family would gladly do many of the jobs that illegals are currently doing in construction, service, manufacturing, and even agricultural jobs. The reason americans cannot do these jobs is because they don't get hired. Not because they are too posh to build affordable housing, too snotty to pick up phones in call centers, or too spoiled to work for a low wage.

And the reason they don't get hired is not because companies actually prefer illegal labor. It is because american citizens have to comply with US law. And according to US law there is a minimum wage any american employee must receive per hour. Even if I, as an american citizen, wanted to clean toilets for 5 cents per hour, I couldn't do it because american minimum wage law applies to me. It doesn't apply to the illegal mexican who crossed the border yesterday, though. And no company who breaks the law hiring illegal labor is going to risk hiring an american for less than minimum wage because they could sue them unlike illegals because their hands are tied.

Illegals get hired because they are already forced to hide in order to remain in the US. Therefore, any company knows they will not be sued for paying them lower than minimum wage simply because the illegal worker would be risking a deportation. Breaking the law is only profitable business when both parties are guilty of the crime. Otherwise you have no insurance.

As for the novelty of Trump's proposals, they are novel. Especially on immigration which was a taboo subject before 2015. Nobody before him even dare address it unless it was to push for amnesty. Speaking about fixing trade deals with China is also novel, and we both know it, I don't know where you are trying to get saying that his policies have been proposed a thousand times, no matter how much you dislike Trump, facts are facts.

Are you suggesting the solution is to abolish the minimum wage?

Abolishing any workers rights and letting the company owners do basically whatever the hell they want knowing they can take full advantage of desperate people seems like totally the wrong way to go IMO.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic. This is how it pretty much happens, as I understand it. Refugees do not get to pick where they go, which is why there's that argument about how unlikely it is that terrorists who are targeting a specific country are pretending to be refugees, cause they don't get to choose which country they will eventually settle in. I don't know if I'm explaining this clearly. Do you know what i mean?

Yes I understand it, I disagree with it. It's better to have people want to be where they are then just end up anywhere else by default.

It always seems so weird to me that people make a huge deal about undocumented folks. Like who wouldn't cross some imaginary line if they thought it would make their family safer or more prosperous? The border is a man made divide on a spinning rock that's been here longer than us and will be here long after we're gone. Wall or no, it doesn't mean much. Even if they don't pay income taxes, existing in America entails paying tons of tax. They are paying in, and possibly at high percentages given how underpaid they can be. If someone's a violent criminal, totally send them back. Otherwise, let people live. Make immigration less expensive. Stop scapegoating the Mexicans. A wall isn't helping anyone or making a fake line any more real to people who are suffering. And spouting off about "making Mexico pay for it" in front of the rest of the world is total idiocy and ego masturbation that nothing good can come from.

Of course, we could always go to plan B and turn into such a shit country that our neighbors to the South no longer want to cross the border. It seems like that's the direction we're choosing. Not well thought through.

Have you ever asked for a visa to visit another country? Most Americans have never done it. So I want to explain what the process is like. There are variations in it depending on the country of origin, but in order to get a visa for the US for the first time you have to go through a process very similar to what a camgirl does when they do a date raffle.

What we would recommend a girl do who want to do a date raffle? We would tell them to ask the winner for 2 different IDs, do a background check, and a Skype interview to see that the person is actually who he says he is and that he is sane in the head. They do the same process at embassies: you have to give them information about you including your passport and government issued ID, give them a letter from the police with your criminal record, and go through an interview where they ask you to explain what the purpose of your visit will be. You also have to pay about $100 non-refundable which would be like the raffle ticket price for the camgirl. And this process is done for the exact same reason a camgirl would do these things: to prove that you are not a threat, that you will not harm the other person or do bad things in the country and to prove that you are not a broke and wont be a burden.

When someone crosses the border illegally they skip this process so you have no idea who is going in, who they are, what is their intention in the US, if they can sustain themselves or not, or if they have a 5 page long rap sheet. You don't know who they are. Maybe it is a good person full of hope but kinda cooky who dislikes rules and that is why she skipped the legal procedure. Maybe it is a sex offender escaping the law from his country of origin who wants to rape children. Maybe the goal for illegal immigrant #1 is to feed his family, maybe the goal for illegal immigrant #2 is to sell meth for his drug cartel. The US doesn't know. And there is a risk involved for you and your children when people are pouring in that you have no idea who they are. Crossing a border is a huge red flag. If they don't want to submit to the process in most cases is because they know they will not pass because they have been charged for crimes or they wont pass the interview. All illegal immigrants are showing a basic lack of self respect for the American way of life and the rule of law when they choose to cross the border and give the finger to due process and they are also pissing on all the people who every day go through the 50 hoops to do things legally and paid the price.

You would never tell a camgirl to just meet any user randomly. Or worse yet, to embrace and have a cup of coffee with a user who found out her address and showed up at her doorstep without being invited. Because showing up at her door step with no invitation is a huge red flag. Maybe he is a decent guy, maybe all he wanted was to tell her she is awesome and to have a shot at courting her and he would be a terrific boyfriend. But maybe he is a rapist or an ax murderer or an insane stalker and she shouldn't risk her safety just to be "nice".

Regarding borders, they aren't imaginary lines. Sure, the planet is one giant rock and maybe if everything we had was trees and clay we could consider lines arbitrary. But people do not cross a border just to experience the beautiful scenery of nature from the other side. People cross a border to be on the other side because there is a specific country on that side of the border, with a specific society with its own institutions, life conditions and especially benefits, all things that they built for themselves and their families. It takes a lot of work to build a country and it belongs to the people who build it. When someone crosses the border they want to take advantage of the benefits of living on the country that begins at that border without having to pay their dues to society. They do not abide by the law, they do not contribute to that society, they often do not care to learn the language, the culture or the customs, and they often dont make a single effort to assimilate. Likewise, once shit gets better at home or they figure out a way to move to a country that gives them better welfare options they will be gone without contributing their part. They have no roots or ties to the country they are actually invading and have no qualms about making things just a little bit shittier for struggling american citizens like themselves.

America has a responsibility to take care of its own poor people and defend them from its own criminals, Mexico should take care of theirs. And if all the immigrants truly want is better life conditions and to provide for their families maybe they should figure out a way to make Mexico better, not invade a country that isn't theirs.

Edit so I dont DP:

@fandango asked me if I wanted to abolish minimum wage. Lol, no. I am no libertarian. But I do understand that minimum wage and open borders dont mix well together. You have to choose one or the other.

Last edited:
I've never given much thought to the costs, challenges and logistics of building Trump's border wall, mainly because the idea is so patently absurd. But thankfully, some people have looked into this.

This article, by an engineer, is quite good. Excerpt:
Though I would never classify the construction of a 95-story building [Trump's example of what he has "built"] as simple, it is a feat that has been achieved many times before. There are at least 30 buildings that have reached a height of 95 stories or more, according to the obsessively detailed database at SkyscraperPage.com, and there are even more in the design phase or under construction.

On the other hand, human beings have built a 2,000-mile-long frontier wall exactly one time. Once. And it was accomplished only through a centuries-long building campaign that necessitated the forced labor of millions of Chinese peasants.
. . . .
In other words, this wall would contain over three times the amount of concrete used to build the Hoover Dam — a project that, unlike Trump’s wall, has qualitative, verifiable economic benefits.

Such a wall would be greater in volume than all six pyramids of the Giza Necropolis — and it is unlikely that a concrete slab in the town of Dead Dog Valley, Texas would inspire the same timeless sense of wonder.

The engineer's estimate of material requirements is probably too low. He was assuming a wall height of 20-25 feet, while Trump's own height specification has ranged between 30 and 80 feet (see tweet below). Then there's the matter of operating and maintaining The Wall. And, you'd need a network of seismic or sonic sensors to detect tunneling, probably a fleet of drones, etc. etc.

This article looks at the engineering and project management resources that would be needed, and questions whether the big engineering/construction firms would even be interested in participating, due to negative public perceptions and codes of ethics that may prohibit such work.

This article looks at the logistics and legal/practical issues involved in doing a "mass deportation."

Illegal immigration: ". . . all the companies that now get away with hiring illegal immigrant labor will have to pony up and hire american citizens, pay them at least minimum wage, and stop engaging in their brand of light slavery." The reason those people are here in the first place is that Americans simply won't do those jobs. Are Americans going to do the seasonal, migratory work of harvesting produce, for any price? Are Americans going to do the backbreaking work of roofers in the hot sun, for any price? I don't think so. So, all that a wall would do is put companies that use cheap immigrant labor out of business, and make the goods and services they provide much more expensive. Also, those workers that would have entered the US illegally will now be stuck in poverty in their home countries. I'm not saying that the US has a moral obligation to take them in for humanitarian reasons, but it is something to keep in mind, because large populations of unemployed, hopeless people can destabilize their countries, which can affect the US.
I am going to confess, at one point in the past, I did not want a wall; I wanted American snipers, whether government or volunteer, on the border picking off illegals who tried to cross. I wanted their bodies left where they fell to serve as a warning.

I don't think it's as simple as Americans won't do those jobs. I think a lot of Americans cannot afford to do those jobs. I've done roofing, and I've done housepainting. My family had a small business in this that trucked right along through from the 1940's to sometime in the 1990's.

I think it's time we start paying the price for our goods and services; if we need another war, it needs to be on the mindset that jobs, growth, and cheaper goods and services, should be our focus.

It pains me a great deal to see the issue of Latin American immigration being used by Trump to feed his megalomania, encourage racists, and dupe a lot of otherwise intelligent people in the process. I can only hope that when he is done discrediting the right in America, this issue isn't discredited as well.

Not agreeing/disagreeing, just venting.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Osmia
Option A/folks! Is time to open your houses apartments condos! and allow ppl to move in! To the ppl who support huge streams of border jumpers pls know there is a lot more where they coming from - this planet is really big .( There are just not enough buildings in one country to accommodate all so compromises have to be made. If u refuse is cause u r intolerant and selfish.)

Option B/ border control and visa and health check stuff

( exception given to citizens of North Korea lol I know they can't get one but also they automatically are recognized as South Korean citizens so...not sure...but exceptions are exceptions not a rule for everyone who just wants stuff because we have laws for a reason and guilt tripping is just bullshit)
Option C/ we seize the assets of all immigrants, both legal and illegal. Use these resources to deport Trump and fund his rise to power in Spain, France, Ukraine, Russia etc..hell even Scotland. Let his magnificence shower the whole world like a gentle rain. Why I just bet there isn't a problem in the whole wide world he can't solve! It isn't really fair for America to hoard his greatness. We could also seize all Muslim assets, use them to fund Christian charity efforts in Uganda.

. . . .I don't think it's as simple as Americans won't do those jobs. I think a lot of Americans cannot afford to do those jobs. I've done roofing, and I've done housepainting. My family had a small business in this that trucked right along through from the 1940's to sometime in the 1990's. . . .

What do you mean? That they can't make a living doing those jobs?

Have you ever asked for a visa to visit another country? Most Americans have never done it. So I want to explain what the process is like. There are variations in it depending on the country of origin, but in order to get a visa for the US for the first time you have to go through a process very similar to what a camgirl does when they do a date raffle.

When Trump started that EXTREME, EXTREME VETTING bullcrap, I rolled my eyes heavenward. I don't care how many hand gestures he used in his little demagogic speech, it only made sense if you are ignorant.

I know what the legal process for coming to the US is like. It is ludicrous to compare it to a date raffle; any parallels are tenuous at best. Equally ludicrous is listening to Trump's own ideas about what EXTREME, EXTREME VETTING means.

Compare...

(skip to 2:20 for Trump)

Just watch the man's hands, his body language.
This is a showman. An entertainer. A manipulator.
This is the real Donald Trump. The real Donald Trump is a phony.
This is not someone who brings anything of value to the American political system.
This is why I am going to vote for him.

What do you mean? That they can't make a living doing those jobs?
Yes, I think that's a big part of it. I don't think that's the entirety of it.
I don't think you have a firm grasp of how the economy works. Americans would do those jobs if they could do them. Americans did these jobs before 1965 when the open immigration law was enacted and unskilled labor immigrantes flooded the country.

Any american that is currently unemployed and cannot provide for his family would gladly do many of the jobs that illegals are currently doing in construction, service, manufacturing, and even agricultural jobs. The reason americans cannot do these jobs is because they don't get hired. Not because they are too posh to build affordable housing, too snotty to pick up phones in call centers, or too spoiled to work for a low wage.

And the reason they don't get hired is not because companies actually prefer illegal labor. It is because american citizens have to comply with US law. And according to US law there is a minimum wage any american employee must receive per hour. Even if I, as an american citizen, wanted to clean toilets for 5 cents per hour, I couldn't do it because american minimum wage law applies to me. It doesn't apply to the illegal mexican who crossed the border yesterday, though. And no company who breaks the law hiring illegal labor is going to risk hiring an american for less than minimum wage because they could sue them unlike illegals because their hands are tied.

Illegals get hired because they are already forced to hide in order to remain in the US. Therefore, any company knows they will not be sued for paying them lower than minimum wage simply because the illegal worker would be risking a deportation. Breaking the law is only profitable business when both parties are guilty of the crime. Otherwise you have no insurance.
If you can look past the frequent trollishness, the erroneous conclusions, or the disgusting Trump fetish she harbors, there is a lot of truth to be gleaned from @Kitsune posts.

I am expecting big things out of her once she discovers Marx.

Status
Not open for further replies.