AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why Does CB Not Implement Search for Offline Models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
I noticed that the search feature on Chaturbate only looks for models who are online. Does anyone have an idea about why they would make that restriction? I had made a note about a model from Finland I wanted to check out and unfortunately it looks like I got the user handle wrong. She had logged out, so now I effectively have no way to find and then follow her room. I might find her by luck, but considering she was on page 12 of 19 on the CB site, the reality is I will probably never find her again. I might understand why CB would give a model the ability to opt out of an offline search, but I cannot see that as good default behavior. Why would you want to make it hard for someone to find a group of models that meet some criteria, in order to develop a better follow list?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
if you know the model name you can just type in google : 'name' + 'chaturbate'

if you got her name wrong the search wouldn't help you either, but what you can do is search your browser history and you should be able to find her name again. (if you haven't erased your history that is)

it should take you right to her offline room and you can follow from there and get notifications by email next time she's online

if you know the model name you can just type in google : 'name' + 'chaturbate'

if you got her name wrong the search wouldn't help you either, but what you can do is search your browser history and you should be able to find her name again. (if you haven't erased your history that is)

it should take you right to her offline room and you can follow from there and get notifications by email next time she's online

Yes, I had tried Google and failed to find her. In a very small room I normally first enter in incognito mode. If I don't like the model it less awkward to leave that way. If I enter in visible mode I normally want to make conversation right away. So I didn't have the browser history.

They do that, like mfc to encourage us to be online probly.

Keeping in mind that I would want the sites to implement a feature to let individual models opt-in-or-out of an offline search, I would say that failure to provide a good offline search feature is a seriously dumb thing for these sites to do. Viewers normally have a "type" of model they like, and giving a new viewer a way to identify a core group of models who fit his/her preferences is just good business sense, for both the webcam site and for the followed models. And, like in my case, you can vaguely remember the user's name and get the details wrong and then you are probably never going to find that model again.

Keeping in mind that I would want the sites to implement a feature to let individual models opt-in-or-out of an offline search, I would say that failure to provide a good offline search feature is a seriously dumb thing for these sites to do. Viewers normally have a "type" of model they like, and giving a new viewer a way to identify a core group of models who fit his/her preferences is just good business sense, for both the webcam site and for the followed models. And, like in my case, you can vaguely remember the user's name and get the details wrong and then you are probably never going to find that model again.

Cool but you should probly tell them that not me?

I just type the name of the model and I get 'xxxx' is currently offline /view profile/send offline tip/menu

You have to type in the full name of the model for that to work. A substring search fails to find any offline model, but it does work for online models.

If you have the model's name, you can just work with other features on the site directly and do not need a search in the first place. It's the case where you remember part of the model's name where a search is useful, and that's the case they do not support.

@Smores

I know this doesn't help you after the fact, but I am sometimes limited for time and I have run into the same situation as you because I forgot to follow or remember a models name, so what I do now is simply tip a model 1 token if she interests me. That way there is a record in my profile that I can refer back to and get her name if needed.

I noticed that the search feature on Chaturbate only looks for models who are online. Does anyone have an idea about why they would make that restriction? I had made a note about a model from Finland I wanted to check out and unfortunately it looks like I got the user handle wrong. She had logged out, so now I effectively have no way to find and then follow her room. I might find her by luck, but considering she was on page 12 of 19 on the CB site, the reality is I will probably never find her again. I might understand why CB would give a model the ability to opt out of an offline search, but I cannot see that as good default behavior. Why would you want to make it hard for someone to find a group of models that meet some criteria, in order to develop a better follow list?

Chaterbate should definitely implement search for models offline! The only way to find a model offline appears to be by entering the username into the URL "www.chaturbate/username/"
This doesn't help if you can't remember the exact user name though.
Good luck finding her!

Reactions: Smores
Status
Not open for further replies.