AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

WoW question

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never really done much on Wow, as in I've never even gotten a toon past level 20 til recently. And I was wondering with profession combo with which class do you think is most productive/helpful?

As far as helpful professions I'm probably not the best person to give advice. I have only leveled Tailoring and Enchanting past 400.

As far as an easy toon to level I think a mage is ideal basically due to the self sufficiency being able to make your own food/water. And questing in the mid levels is much easier while being able to port yourself to major cities (for bag unloading, hopping from continent to continent, and class training) and still keeping your hearthstone at your current quest hub.

I doubt that's any info you were looking for, but I figured I'd state it anyway! :D

For professions, I like Enchanting and Mining. You can put enchantments on scrolls and sell them in the Auction House, and people are always needing various types of ores and gems from mining. It helps too when you get to higher levels and you need to make some enchanted metal, you can do it all yourself.

For class, I think the druid is the most versatile. It the one class who can go from healing to tanking to melee dps to ranged dps. Being able to stealth is a huge plus. You never have to worry about water breathing, and you can solo some things that are much harder for other classes. My personal spec is primary resto/ secondary feral but I ususally am a healer in groups/raids. But if I decide that's not what I want to do all the time I just respec. For leveling I'd say stick with feral, switch between bear and cat depending on what your target is. If you have to fight multiple targets go with bear, just one use cat. If the target is known to be lightly armored bear is probably fine for them too. If target does big damage use bear.

Biggest downside is that bag space can be a drag if you end up carrying a different set of gear for each occasion. You could potentially have 8 sets , healing, moonkin, cat and bear times 2 if you want separate PVP sets.

Hope that helps.

Oh and porting to Moonglade at level 10 can come in real handy.

Gathering professions (mining, herbalism, skinning) are hands down THE BEST while leveling lower level characters! You can capitalize on people spending A LOT of gold (from your prospective) on the ore/leather/herbs you collect. 10 Gold to a level 10 character for a single stack of 20 copper bars is a big freaking deal at that point, whereas that 10G is total chump change the level 80 guy that is powerleveling his crafting profession. When you finally reach the point where you have all the gold you will ever need, (all that gold you made off of gatherings and the higher quest reward gold you get from high level quests) THEN feel free to drop one or both gathering professions and go from 1 to maximum profession skill in as little as an afternoon in the crafting profession(s) that suit you best.
Keep in mind, you can only track one kind of resource at a time on your minimap. This means that if you choose mining and herbalism, you'll have to choose which shows up on your map and which you have to keep your eyes peeled for on your own.
As for skinning, all you have to look for is the poor baby seal corpse at your very feet! Each skinnable monster you kill or someone else kills virtually equates to more Gold for you without having to go out of your way to collect the goodies from a gathering node.

each gathering profession has its own bonus just for choosing it and becomes active once you reach 75 skill level in it! These abilities also improve for each 75 skill points you earn (at 150,225, 300 etc.)
Herbalism gives you a spell called lifebloom that heals you over time and is on a 3 minute cooldown.
Mining has an ability called toughness that is a passive increase to your stamina.
Skinning's ability is called master of anatomy (or something) and increases your agility or crit chance (can't remember which)

My bottom line suggestion would be to choose Herbalism and Skinning. 1) because I think that lifeblood is the best of the 3 profession bonuses and 2)the "free money" and convienence of skinning.

Especially if you are a Draenei, Lifebloom not only becomes a once in a while life saver, It lets you do rediculous things solo when used in conjunction with the Draenei racial ability gift of the Naaru (another heal over time spell). Example, there is a quest in Lakeshire where you have to kill a level 28 elite orc upstairs in a barracs building who also has a pet bird that deals some serious magic damage. I was able to solo BOTH of them as a level 25 warrior with the extra 700ish hit points i got from the 2 heals. And this was me all green gear! Same character doing the lvl 20 warrior quest in lakeshire where you get drunk and have to go to a cave and back without getting killed. I got jumped by a group of little piggy guys leveled 20-25 while I was still just a scrawny level 20. They run in fear hen they get low on life which naturally leads to more little piggys agroing and attacking me. I made it out alive! In the carnage were the corpses of 7 little piggys! No repair bill, no corpse run, no quest failure....just 7 twinkling bacon sacks waiting to be looted! Soloing group quests and surviving when you are greatly outnumbered not only makes game play much smoother, IT'S FUN AS HELL!

Freq said:
Especially if you are a Draenei, Lifebloom not only becomes a once in a while life saver, It lets you do rediculous things solo when used in conjunction with the Draenei racial ability gift of the Naaru (another heal over time spell).

Hell yes. I have this on my draenei priest. It rocks ass. Saved me on numerous occasions.

AVOID THIS GAME AT ALL COSTS! >.> It takes over your brain...with sock puppets.

But to answer the question, tailoring/enchanting are usually combined with the caster classes (priest, mage, warlock); blacksmithing/mining are usually combined with some plate classes; herbalism and alchemy go hand in hand; mining and jewelcrafting are combined; skining and leatherworking are combined. Or do what myself and a ton of others do have two characters, one being your gatherer (herbalism/mining/skinning two of the three) and your other character be the crafter (JC, LW, BS).

I reiterate my prior caveat...this game will take you over... and you will never be able to let it go. I speak from experience!

arachn1d said:
AVOID THIS GAME AT ALL COSTS! >.> It takes over your brain...with sock puppets.

But to answer the question, tailoring/enchanting are usually combined with the caster classes (priest, mage, warlock); blacksmithing/mining are usually combined with some plate classes; herbalism and alchemy go hand in hand; mining and jewelcrafting are combined; skining and leatherworking are combined. Or do what myself and a ton of others do have two characters, one being your gatherer (herbalism/mining/skinning two of the three) and your other character be the crafter (JC, LW, BS).

I reiterate my prior caveat...this game will take you over... and you will never be able to let it go. I speak from experience!

Yeah, I'm already fucked, been playing it on and off since 2006. I come back to it at least once a year, except this year I have more time and patience to try and level up.

For me I've found the easiest classes to level in order are Death Knight > Hunter > Rogue > Druid (as feral).

As far as professions go it can really depends on a few things. Depends on what you play you may want to pick two professions that compliment your class. For example if you decide to play a warrior, paladin, or Death Knight blacksmithing with mining is probably a smart choice. Likewise, rogues, hunters, druids and shamans all benefit from having leatherworking and skinning because LW can make the gear the classes wear. And of course tailoring/enchanting for priest/warlock/mage.

Some professions like Jewelcrafting or Inscriptions don't give benefits to specific classes, just the same for all.

To be honest you should pick what you think you will have the most fun with.

A crafting + gathering profession is a smart and classic choice for the lowbie gamer like yourself.

Double crafting (such as blacksmithing/jewelcrafting) is a little bit on the minimize/maximize side of the game and can be a real pain in the ass because of how expensive it is to level each one on their own, let alone together.

If you're looking to make money two gathering professions is the way to go.

Hope this helped and wasn't too confusing, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.