AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

xHamsterlive/Stripchat experience

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2012
Cyprus
xhamster.com
Twitter Username
@xhamstercom
Hey hey hey;)

Alex Hawkins from xHamster is here, we are interested to get some feedback about xHamsterlive/Stripchat.com. I know some of you already tried our site, will be cool to have some comments about it. Also don't hesitate to try our program for content producers - you can promote your clips4sale/manyvids/other clipstore on xHamster without any charge.

Thanks!

The site seems okay, but really basic. It's hard to tell what you're going for. You seem to be down the MFC/CB social route, but you don't have the features that social sites have, namely customizable profiles and a list of who is in the chat room that's visible to members. You also have a lot of models using Lovense, but I've no idea how it's picking up tips since you're not listed as an integrated site. A lot of members and models like those things, but your members will think they're second class tippers or getting scammed if you don't actually make them work.

As for payout: it's confusing. On the one hand, you say that you payout "50%", but members get discounts on tokens with larger purchases. Members who spend have been on other cam sites, and most like to know exactly how that part of the site works. It's also misleading for models.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Gen
Here is my review on Stripchat as cam model:
I did pretty great my first couple of months but it has tons of freeloader gold members. However, I am glad that you allow more customers from the Caribbean and Latin America to feel more welcome on your site. You have good traffic but can Xhamster redo the blocking button because I hate having non-tippers sit in my room all day. Also, can you guys make a phone feature because phone sex can bring in some money? Overall, you have a great site but there are some room for improvements. ;)

Hey hey hey;)

Alex Hawkins from xHamster is here, we are interested to get some feedback about xHamsterlive/Stripchat.com. I know some of you already tried our site, will be cool to have some comments about it. Also don't hesitate to try our program for content producers - you can promote your clips4sale/manyvids/other clipstore on xHamster without any charge.

Thanks!

Xhamster was the first site I started on and it was a good learning experience for me as a beginner. First up I appreciated that the site accepted my state ID as I don't have a drivers licence and didn't have a passport at the time. Making it possible for me to cam at all, most other sites rejected it.

I was on the site from 2013 and left in early 2015. The main reason for me leaving at the time was I thought the model profiles looked too similar to the dating profiles , so most of my messages were people trying to meet up. I got overwhelmed with the volume of messages I received, which was especially distracting when I was on cam. I can't remember if there was an option to turn messages off or not but that would have been helpful.

The amount of trolls I had in my room was too high for the amount of money I made ,which also had an impact on me leaving. I felt I got more respect from members at other sites I ended up trying.

Having said that I did have a lot of fun and learned a bit about camming from the site. Especially how to deal with members , difficult or otherwise.

Since I left I've noticed the site has introduced moderators , simplified model profiles and a more modern look to the cam pages. So now I am more experienced I would consider coming back to see how the site has improved.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Gen
Xhamster was the first site I started on and it was a good learning experience for me as a beginner. First up I appreciated that the site accepted my state ID as I don't have a drivers licence and didn't have a passport at the time. Making it possible for me to cam at all, most other sites rejected it.

I was on the site from 2013 and left in early 2015. The main reason for me leaving at the time was I thought the model profiles looked too similar to the dating profiles , so most of my messages were people trying to meet up. I got overwhelmed with the volume of messages I received, which was especially distracting when I was on cam. I can't remember if there was an option to turn messages off or not but that would have been helpful.

The amount of trolls I had in my room was too high for the amount of money I made ,which also had an impact on me leaving. I felt I got more respect from members at other sites I ended up trying.

Having said that I did have a lot of fun and learned a bit about camming from the site. Especially how to deal with members , difficult or otherwise.

Since I left I've noticed the site has introduced moderators , simplified model profiles and a more modern look to the cam pages. So now I am more experienced I would consider coming back to see how the site has improved.
Hello Rubi, thanks for the feedback!

We totally changed our site in 2016, we have lot of new features and it's totally different site, and we will be happy if you will give us a try with a new broadcast.

The site seems okay, but really basic. It's hard to tell what you're going for. You seem to be down the MFC/CB social route, but you don't have the features that social sites have, namely customizable profiles and a list of who is in the chat room that's visible to members. You also have a lot of models using Lovense, but I've no idea how it's picking up tips since you're not listed as an integrated site. A lot of members and models like those things, but your members will think they're second class tippers or getting scammed if you don't actually make them work.

As for payout: it's confusing. On the one hand, you say that you payout "50%", but members get discounts on tokens with larger purchases. Members who spend have been on other cam sites, and most like to know exactly how that part of the site works. It's also misleading for models.

Sevrin, thank you for the feedback, we have some new social features in plans for the nearest future. For you tokens cost 5 cents, it doesn't matter if the user gets them cheaper. Also we have plans about opening the chat.

Here is my review on Stripchat as cam model:
I did pretty great my first couple of months but it has tons of freeloader gold members. However, I am glad that you allow more customers from the Caribbean and Latin America to feel more welcome on your site. You have good traffic but can Xhamster redo the blocking button because I hate having non-tippers sit in my room all day. Also, can you guys make a phone feature because phone sex can bring in some money? Overall, you have a great site but there are some room for improvements. ;)

DonaDiabla, thanks! We had the feature to block non-gold users in the past, problem is that without this feature models earn much more.

I started camming on xhamster right before the big change and had issues afterwards. The week the change occurred, I did a private show for which I was never paid and the support wasn't very helpful. Sometimes I get tipped and it doesn't show up in my tip history. I get the tokens, but just can't see the transactions. I stopped camming because I was getting annoyed with these issues and I had some personal things going on.
I'm back now after a couple of months and while these issues seem to have been mostly fixed, I still ran into the tips not showing up in the history last night. Since I was inactive for a while my room is very empty and I don't get a lot of traffic, so it's annoying that I can't properly view the maybe three people who tipped me during the night when looking at my history.
I really like the community however. People are nice and willing to chat with me without constantly asking for free requests. I also like the way private shows are set up. Apart from these couple technical kinks, I really like the site.

@xhamster
As a customer you have no splitcam policy in C2C mode. I use SM because if you catch a model still logged into another site during an exclusive they can get in trouble. What are my protections using your C2C feature? When people are paying extra for privacy they need to know it will actually be private.

Hate to necro a somewhat older thread but I really like Stripchat so wanted to post my review of them. Definitely recommend them to any starting model.

I have nothing but positive things to say about them as a cam site. I multi-stream my cam sessions on Stripchat, Chaturbate, Myfreecams, and Stripchat is BY FAR my favorite site to work on. Not only is the community of members extremely awesome and supportive but Stripchat support is second to none! That's extremely important to me, and if I ever have an issue they reply within an hour usually.

I have only ONE complaint and also a suggestion for improvement. MY complaint would be about the model poaching that occurs on the site as many models have come into my room and messaged people in my room trying to get them to go to theirs. Support is AMAZING about taking care of that after i report the model but I wish there was an option to just ban other models from our room. A suggestion I'd like to make is to increase the interface of their site. By that I mean allowing us to use some sort of bots or applications to help our rooms out.

Overall, Stripchat is one of the best Cam sites around in my opinion. They're very newbie friendly for models just starting out as well. They've also taken time to help me with my social media aspects of my cam profile also. I highly recommend them to any model looking to succeed as a cam model.

Does xhamster post your custodian of records address like they do on their premium video store? Asking because that would be a MAJOR security breach..... Just something to point out.

Hi xHamster Premium - has 2 types of Partner accounts
1. Individual
That one is used for ProAm, Solo and Amateurs basically. We are asking for ID, Selfie with ID and Filled In Form. As we are the record keepers. We will provide 2257
Of cause, we cannot keep Documents for more than 3-5 persons:(

2. Business
If you have a Company or you are a sole trader. You will need just provide 2257 (address of the Custodian of records), Directors ID and fill in the form with your Company details.
Adress of the Custodian of records will be shown on site.

I haven't cammed on stripchat yet. Looked at the site from a member's perspective though. I love the layout of the site, especially the different ways to sort the rooms by (stripscore, rating, date of joining) and that's it's one scrollable list as opposed to my main site chaturbate where it's divided by pages.

I'll be honest here though, what makes stripchat a no go for me to sign up as a performer though is, that you support the (imo) worst and most hated pirate site camwhores . tv (plus mirror and sister sites).

Reactions: Tilly
Status
Not open for further replies.