AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

You know what would be so cool?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2011
If Model accounts here had an added indicator like the green online badge that automatically indicated when they were on-line @MFC. I have recently missed Magnolia_Snow, a Model I would really like to visit twice by just minutes, but it happens all the time. It prolly is not doable without someone writing a pretty elaborate bunch of code - but it would be so cool!

camstory said:
I have recently missed Magnolia_Snow, a Model I would really like to visit twice by just minutes, but it happens all the time.

I was lucky enough to catch her eating pizza for a while today. I would like to add there should also be some sort of indicator (including email and text alerts) for when she is getting ready to start singing.

justjoinedtopost said:
camstory said:
I have recently missed Magnolia_Snow, a Model I would really like to visit twice by just minutes, but it happens all the time.

I was lucky enough to catch her eating pizza for a while today. I would like to add there should also be some sort of indicator (including email and text alerts) for when she is getting ready to start singing.

You can get alerts of when your favorite models are online at SM via text. Don't think you can get an alert for when any model starts to sing, though.

Daw, you guys...
:romance-heartbeating:

That would be SWEET. I'd love the fuck out of that. Great idea! :thumbleft:

Interesting idea, the infrastructure really is already in place through other mediums. I know you can have MFC send you e-mail notifications when models start broadcasting and I know I send out notifications when I'm on CB, so that system exists.

This is also what many (I hesitate to say most) models use Twitter for, a good reason to sign up for it and follow your favorite models, you can even set push notifications to follow specific models' Twitter activity.

As for the room activity notifier, it could be really cool but it could also backfire pretty bad. A lot of models, myself included, rely on people to get activities like that started. If everyone is just waiting for the notifier to change to come and watch the show, they're not there to help get it started in the first place. Just another perspective on it.

Overall, interesting concept. If it's not incredibly over-complicated it could be pretty useful but I would definitely take advantage of the systems in place already in the interim, they really are helpful.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I seem to recall a model at some point having something in her signature here that indicated when she was online.

Maybe?

Maybe not?

Reactions: camstory
camstory said:
If Model accounts here had an added indicator like the green online badge that automatically indicated when they were on-line @MFC. I have recently missed Magnolia_Snow, a Model I would really like to visit twice by just minutes, but it happens all the time. It prolly is not doable without someone writing a pretty elaborate bunch of code - but it would be so cool!

MFC also has model notifications, so it will email you whenever the model you sign up for get's online! I actually have them set up for myself, lolololol. && it's never been a problem at all, they always go through for me. You could also use your texting address, for example, if you have Verizon, you would enter this: YourPhoneNumber@vtext.com I personally prefer to use YourPhoneNumber@vzwpix.com [Don't use dashes, or spaces]

http://hacknmod.com/hack/email-to-text- ... rgin-more/

Reactions: camstory
zippypinhead said:
Maybe I'm crazy, but I seem to recall a model at some point having something in her signature here that indicated when she was online.

Maybe?

Maybe not?

I believe it was either AlexLady or Evvie who created the "I'm online" button/thing for ACF. Such a great idea, but I think she was still working out the kinks on it.

I_Am_Iris said:
zippypinhead said:

Maybe?

Maybe not?

I believe it was either AlexLady or Evvie who created the "I'm online" button/thing for ACF. Such a great idea, but I think she was still working out the kinks on it.
Yea, I think it was maybe Evvie, I couldn't remember, but that sounds right. From what I remember it was like the other links models use in their signature as far as being able to click on it and it would take you to her room. Or it was meant to I think? I don't know if I ever used it or if I did if I had any success.
SNATCH said:
MFC also has model notifications, so it will email you whenever the model you sign up for get's online! I actually have them set up for myself, lolololol. && it's never been a problem at all, they always go through for me. You could also use your texting address, for example, if you have Verizon, you would enter this: YourPhoneNumber@vtext.com I personally prefer to use YourPhoneNumber@vzwpix.com [Don't use dashes, or spaces]

http://hacknmod.com/hack/email-to-text- ... rgin-more/
It has been a few years since I used the MFC notification, and it may have been my mail provider that was the problem, but it was always varying amounts of slow - enough that I disabled after being frustrated one too many times. But maybe I'll try it again, and +1 @email to text thanks. Only had a cell since November 2014 (gasps & the sound of ppl chocking on their martinis reverberates across the ball room), but now I've been assimilated too, and the simplest apps, hacks, etc, thrill me like a baby with a new rattle.

I would actually prefer the indicator to run the other way so that models I like, but I am not with, know what my current activity is, thereby warning each model of sending messages at inappropriate moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.