AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Members: What makes you stay in a model's room?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2013
profiles.myfreecams.com
I understand that sometimes you're just clicking through trying to find where the party's at.

But recently I've had virtually no traffic in my room and cannot figure out what my issue is. I was planning to abandon ship and go to Chaturbate, but I seem to have become a part of their random (and unprovoked) banning spree. So my choices are go hungry or make MFC work.

Music doesn't seem to make a difference, nor does dancing around (it just attracts a god awful number of freeloaders)

So what decides whether or not you stay in a model's room?

I like hot women with interesting hair. Most of the models I met were dancing the first time I saw them, but not all of them. One of my favorite models was sitting typing on a laptop the first time I met her. I did not want to bother her, but I kept peeking in on her several times. I do not know what it was about her, but she must have had something special that I just sensed.

It sounds obvious (and I guess it is) but a model's personality will always be the deciding in factor in how long I stay in her room. How she interacts with the room, how talkative she is, the balance she strikes between actively encouraging tips and shooting the shit with the room, the things she talks about, the jokes she makes, how she deals with undesirables, the rapport she has with her regulars, the insterests we share and the number of things we might have to talk about (profiles are great for this; the more information in a model's profile about who she is and what she likes, the better)... all those things matter (to me anyway).

Obviously looking hot and being in a perpetual state of undress is a bonus and if I don't know anything about you, looking sexy in the preview window as I'm browsing the online models is what will get me into your room in the first place. But once I'm there, it's personality that will keep me there, ya know?

Other than that, the music a model plays can be a factor, the games (if any) they're playing, the nature of the countdown (if there is one)... these things can help too but if the personality isn't there, then I'm not likely to stick around.

But that's just me. I'm probably in the minority in that I'm more interested in the social aspect of MFC than I am the sexy-fueled wank-scapades. Everybody's after something different and what one guy values most about a model might not even be a consideration for the next guy.

I realise that probably doesn't help any :)

speaking only for myself (as i get in trouble when i do otherwise) i scan a lot of rooms when im bored. what attracts my attention and keeps me there when its not someone i already know is the conversation. doesnt matter what its about (other than politics, i despise politics) as long as the person involved shows a modicum of intelligence and personality. ill put up with a crappy cam, a model that i dont find physically appealing (and my standards for that are apparently very weird) and a complete lack of any sex based shows as long as the person is interesting.

also here of late i find myself gravitating to the ladies of ACF by preference. the wonderful women folk of this forum seem to be a shade smarter and more interesting than the average, at a minimum. most seem to be waaaay ahead of the curve.

I can at least tell you what my members tell me as to why they stay no matter what im doing. When they pop into my room if im not doing a show i am interacting with them. We laugh, we tell jokes, we talk about anything and everything. One of the last things was the Subway sammiches being to small. They love my personality and sweetness. Plus always get lots of shots of the cats doing something cute lol. One of them plays fetch so shes definitely a cam guys attention getter. But basically all that boils down to my personality and how I run my room. Its easier said than done though if no ones there to talk to.. you dont get a chance to show them your personality then. Which sucks. So how do you get them in there to stay to even give you a chance to show them how special you are... Well thats up for debate. Maybe allow basics to talk for a bit and just ban the bad ones. Itll at least get you talking some. Post some jokes for them to read maybe so theyll get a chuckle and maybe start a convo which will lead to you being interactive with them. Do something cool or funny to show them a bit of yourself like a card trick maybe? Just little stuff to get them to talk and things should take off from there. :)

The main thing that makes me stay in the first instance is the model herself, then the ambience, and that covers an absolute shitload of stuff, music, how chatty and open you are, how welcoming the regulars are, interaction

I think us "pervs" on here are quite a loyal bunch so when we find a room we tend to stick to it, and I know exactly what Bob is saying when he mentions the social aspect, as i'd have left long ago other than this!

sweetiebatman said:
The main thing that makes me stay in the first instance is the model herself, then the ambience, and that covers an absolute shitload of stuff, music, how chatty and open you are, how welcoming the regulars are, interaction

I think us "pervs" on here are quite a loyal bunch so when we find a room we tend to stick to it, and I know exactly what Bob is saying when he mentions the social aspect, as i'd have left long ago other than this!

Yes I will say too how welcoming others are in a room can be a big factor. You need a more the merrier vibe for sure. If anyone messes with that in my room i correct them immediately. It can be very off putting for a newb in your room to come in and get flak for even speaking. I know several members have complained and left that models room for that alone. No one likes feeling like they are crashing an invite only party. So always be welcoming and that will set the tone for how others are greeted by your room. Every "Hi" gets a hello from me no matter who they are. Ive never wavered on that as I would want the same treatment from a model myself.

As far as music lots of models have asked whats best to play and the consensus is what you like and what you can move to. I can hop up and dance to almost any song on my playlist and I love them all to boot. You'll catch me singing along as well which is interaction with the room. When some Freebird comes on to play theyll get some air guitar and laughs out of me. Pour Some Sugar on me gets some awful lip synching and facial expressions. Music should be fun for you and them. I think the worst ive seen was a cam girl playing classical. And not the good kind either...

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
Teagan_Chase said:
sweetiebatman said:

Yes I will say too how welcoming others are in a room can be a big factor. You need a more the merrier vibe for sure. If anyone messes with that in my room i correct them immediately. It can be very off putting for a newb in your room to come in and get flak for even speaking. I know several members have complained and left that models room for that alone. No one likes feeling like they are crashing an invite only party. So always be welcoming and that will set the tone for how others are greeted by your room. Every "Hi" gets a hello from me no matter who they are. Ive never wavered on that as I would want the same treatment from a model myself.

As far as music lots of models have asked whats best to play and the consensus is what you like and what you can move to. I can hop up and dance to almost any song on my playlist and I love them all to boot. You'll catch me singing along as well which is interaction with the room. When some Freebird comes on to play theyll get some air guitar and laughs out of me. Pour Some Sugar on me gets some awful lip synching and facial expressions. Music should be fun for you and them. I think the worst ive seen was a cam girl playing classical. And not the good kind either...
Out of curiosity, do you say hello even to someone who's never been in your room before and whose first line is, "would u let me stick my dick in u and cum in ur pussy"? lol I had one of those today... I just told him, "Oh, I'm doing GREAT thank you for asking".

I think my sarcasm puts a lot of people off. But hopefully I'll find a niche of like-minded guys soon.

MyDesertRose said:
Teagan_Chase said:
sweetiebatman said:

Out of curiosity, do you say hello even to someone who's never been in your room before and whose first line is, "would u let me stick my dick in u and cum in ur pussy"? lol I had one of those today... I just told him, "Oh, I'm doing GREAT thank you for asking".

I think my sarcasm puts a lot of people off. But hopefully I'll find a niche of like-minded guys soon.

Lol no i dont say hello to rude people who dont say hello to me. Instead of saying hi as a response to that or something sarcastic that can look mean to a new viewer ill try be funny instead. "Sure you can stick it in me. But youll have to get in line and take a ticket first. You're right after Beetlejuice." By saying that i not only turned him down but wasnt mean to him and maybe even got him or some else in my room to get a laugh thus also showing my personality. Plus i give the guy a chance to respond lightly as i did.

I think clear cam/sound will catch my eye. and obviously if the girl has a gorgeous face.
If she's talking and interacting lots and seems happy I'll want to stick around and see what she's all about. She doesnt HAVE to be dancing and stuff just as long as she's being dynamic and engaging :) Bonus points if she's doing something unique.

Personally, good music will help me stick around.. always nice to have a varied playlist providing a backdrop to the proceedings... and not too loud either as it is good to hear a model speak rather than have her shout above the din.

Interaction with the room is also good. When the model takes the time and makes the effort of greeting people when they enter the room, responding to members greetings... being friendly and warm.... its a nice personal touch which draws us in... nuthin' fancy, just a quick "hi" does the trick. Sharing a few jokes with the members helps too... playing games or dancing or telling stories... but its not just about what the model does, its also about how she does it... how confident she is, relaxed, at ease with the members in her room. If she exudes a good vibe then members will pick up on this. If I feel happy in a room and had a good time, I will return... thats the way it should be.

A model who is animated, alert and active will always come across as being more interesting to members, rather than someone who is dull, distant and disinterested, regardless of how good they look. I have sat and chatted to girls and tipped for their time, for good conversation, for smiles, music selection etc.. without a stitch of clothing being shed. It does not always have to be just about being nakey and the sexy stuff.

A bad cam, poor audio quality (chipmunk effects, cutting in and out etc), overly loud music and no room control or interaction (audio or typed) have the reverse effect with me... I'll hit "next" in a heartbeat.

:twocents-02cents:

With Megan, it was unique. I was in anticipation in finding her after two years of following her career on Playboy. When I finally sent an email in Facebook and she answered, I was hooked. I also finally figured out on how to add someone on my friends list so I would know when she would be on. What keeps me coming back is her personality, her videos and picture sets she creates. She puts her personality into her work which I greatly appreciate. I really like her sense of humor and I get to see how she interacts with social networking.

Sense of humor really keeps me coming back in any models room. Getting to know the models on this site helps me to expand my world and appreciate the variety and backgrounds of all women. Sex appeal of the model really helps. I really can't describe it. If there is an attraction, I will be back.

If a model has visited in one of my models rooms, I will try to remember and visit that model. Half of my models list are models who visited either Megan's or Ariana's room. The other half came from ACF. Only a couple came from aimless browsing.

Being naked...and honoring my requests <or the requests of other members that are similar to mine>. A virtual guarantee to keep me in your room.

Ataboy said:
Being naked...and honoring my requests <or the requests of other members that are similar to mine>. A virtual guarantee to keep me in your room.
I'm going to sound like a major token whore right now, but I have to ask.
Do your "requests" accompany tips?

e7c.gif

PlayboyMegan said:
Ataboy said:

Naw, that's a legit question.

Different things will keep me in a models room, so elaborating them might be long...
So I'll just go to the opposite...
One thing that will always make me leave is a model that doesn't talk and only types her answers
and/or stares constantly at the screen and entertain Pm's...

Candy xxx

PlayboyMegan said:
Ataboy said:

I was actually trying to sound like a smartass with that answer. Making a point that I use the site as a maturbatory tool rather than looking for companionship and community. However, to answer you're question:

I specifically meant that a model who, after some observation, honors those requests that have been negotiated with tip amounts, without jipping or deceiving the member. I will then do the same. Negotiate a tip amount for a specific request..sometimes sexy..sometimes weird, and yes sometimes deviant <thats a relative term..i know>.

Also, to be be perfectly honest: Models giving it up for free...either because they don't care, or are very naive...tend to also keep my attention. I cannot lie about that.

a clear cam
a pretty face and, by extension, a body that I'm attracted to

provided those two are present, I'll stick around for more than 10 seconds
if after sticking around long enough to figure out if she's "cool or entertaining" (cool and entertaining being relative) or not, either by just lurking or chatting, I'll then decide if I want to give her money. or come back another time.

oh, having similar tastes in stuff helps too (I'm referring to favourite movies, bands etc in profile)

Ataboy said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Ataboy said:

I was actually trying to sound like a smartass with that answer. Making a point that I use the site as a maturbatory tool rather than looking for companionship and community. However, to answer you're question:

I specifically meant that a model who, after some observation, honors those requests that have been negotiated with tip amounts, without jipping or deceiving the member. I will then do the same. Negotiate a tip amount for a specific request..sometimes sexy..sometimes weird, and yes sometimes deviant <thats a relative term..i know>.

Also, to be be perfectly honest: Models giving it up for free...either because they don't care, or are very naive...tend to also keep my attention. I cannot lie about that.
Or because they know what they're doing and have a plan to parlay the free stuff in to making money ;)

Teagan_Chase said:
Lol! This struck me as funny, it just goes to show how important personal preference is when it comes in to play.

For the most part, I ONLY play "classical" music (by that I mean film scores, orchestras, music that may have been contemporarily produced but sound like classical music) and swing music, and I get TONS of compliments from members on the music I play, more than I ever have before. Granted, I do not treat music as an important prop in my room, just background noise. I don't dance on camera or ever acknowledge the music in any way, and I agree that if I wanted to use music as an important element it would probably be easier to use pop culture songs with lyrics that more people are familiar with. But for the purpose music serves in my room, most genres of music are quick to irritate me or get in the way.

Fun.

Sexy is good. Pretty is good. Nice is good. Smart is good. Creative is good.

The main thing that keeps me in a room though is me having fun there. I'm certainly a lot more likely to have fun if I like the model as a person and the atmosphere among the members is pleasant. There's more than one way to have a fun room, too. Fun might come with a lot of sex stuff or with very little. I'm open to either and anything in-between. Bottom line is, if I'm having fun in your room, I'll probably spend more time there, and if I'm not, I probably won't.

Reactions: BetsyBooty
Most of the stuff that makes me stay / go has already been covered. I like the chat / banter element more so than just the hardcore close up shots of ladybits. Looking bored on cam isn't going to make we want to come back and spend some time / tokens in your room. I appreciate though, if you have a slow and un-chatty room it's not always your fault.

Just my :twocents-02cents: worth.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Mott_ said:
Most of the stuff that makes me stay / go has already been covered. I like the chat / banter element more so than just the hardcore close up shots of ladybits. Looking bored on cam isn't going to make we want to come back and spend some time / tokens in your room. I appreciate though, if you have a slow and un-chatty room it's not always your fault.

Just my :twocents-02cents: worth.

I too, feel like it's the chat/banter that creates momentum and mood in a room. There are times when a model almost doesn't even have to be there, except as the object of desire for that mood and momentum. And there are guys who are very good at building that mood: they don't come off as pimping the model or intimidating the room with an attitude.

For lack of better description, there is a playful, coy lust (sorry guys if that doesn't sound studly enough :whistle: ) that doesn't exist for any obvious reason but it's own enjoyment, and it seems a very successful way to draw people out....including models who may feel shy or awkward communicating.....turn it around, and it can engage some of those quiet lurkers too

My cynicism likens it to a feeding frenzy :lol: ....that would be the extreme example, but the willingness to be a open and put words on the screen will meet with success, imo.

Evvie said:
Teagan_Chase said:
Lol! This struck me as funny, it just goes to show how important personal preference is when it comes in to play.

For the most part, I ONLY play "classical" music (by that I mean film scores, orchestras, music that may have been contemporarily produced but sound like classical music) and swing music, and I get TONS of compliments from members on the music I play, more than I ever have before. Granted, I do not treat music as an important prop in my room, just background noise. I don't dance on camera or ever acknowledge the music in any way, and I agree that if I wanted to use music as an important element it would probably be easier to use pop culture songs with lyrics that more people are familiar with. But for the purpose music serves in my room, most genres of music are quick to irritate me or get in the way.

I should have been more in depth when i said classical. This girl was blaring the stuff, talking about how terrible it was but its all her father had, and banning people who asked her to turn it down/off, and it was just painful and awful to watch a new model tag dissolve so quickly. I definitely think classical even can be done right. As evidenced by you. Not so much her lol.

Ive seen some models who barely speak but just do coy seductive poses and facials. They get private after private just to hear them speak to get naked etc. It works for them and theyre successful. But when im on watching cams and where my tips go its always the ones who are energetic, upbeat, and doing something fun or creative. Sitting there with a white board in front of you with a glare on your face is not gonna get my money honey. I doubt youre doing this but ive seen it so many times it just hurts.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Ugly / Plain --> Next.
Bad cam quality --> Next.
No sound --> Next.
Distracted --> Next.
Not fluent in English --> Next.

That weeds out the vast majority of models. The positives

+ If a good conversation is going on. There are times when I'm about to click "Next" but just can't because of the conversation.
+ If the model calls out my name and says hi - politeness dictates that I respond, and I usually do.
+ If the model has a well developed profile & other social media content. I have "stalkerish" tendencies and I like to get to know you. But rest assured, my tendencies never extend beyond voyeurism.
+ If the model does one of the things that are my fetishes! Such as dancing, tattoos that look good, a sense of style, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.