AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What was the last movie/show you watched?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
The 4th season requires an interval long enough and a deep study of the feedback and behavior of viewers.
House of Cards for example, is actually a remake of a British original, however the Netflix guys made a careful study and a data research before creating it. They found out that the US fans of the British original liked Kevin Spacey for instance, and that they binged downloaded episodes, rather than wait for aired ones. I think this is what differentiates Netflix from a regular network. They use data in order to create the content, and not just in order to market and distribute it. So I don't believe that Netflix would like to see a winding down of viewers in a gradual process, but rather hit the fans with a surprise where they least expect it, which is why I think season 4 would either be a spinoff, a 90's leap in time into the future, or a year zero.

We'll see. Hits often break analytics. The Duffer Brothers have stated that they're aiming for four or five seasons, and nothing I've read about their plans hints at any sort of narrative change-up mid-run, especially one that would cut out characters that are now legitimate cultural phenomena, and primary reasons for people to keep watching. It's clear that people are still not tired of this particular story, and if there's more of this story to tell, then I think it would not just be an artistically bad decision, but also a financially bad decision for Netflix to step on that.

But again, we'll see. I expect the buzz about what's going to happen next will really ramp up with Comic Con next week (the timing of the 3rd season premiere is absolutely no coincidence there.) I'm sure they already have the numbers they need to decide whether they'll be giving more money to the show, though. It seems a lot more like the question is not "will there be a fourth season," but rather, "is there going to be a fifth season?"

Reactions: Gen and Dan Epstein
Harlots I need to get back to, watched the first couple too close to other period pieces and they started to blend.

Finished "Good Omens" - Amazon show, with The Dark Lord David Tennant and some others. Michael Sheen is a match for him on the screen and their scenes are a delight. The rest of the cast - let's just say they acted to their ability. Even Frances McDormand as the narrator was lacking. I imagined Neil reading those same lines and it worked - in his voice (literary voice and narrative) where Frances seemed to have been given one read through without notes.* Neil has a patter to his writing, miss it and it doesn't work the same. Michael McKean is another wasted talent like McDormand. So many English actors that could have played the same role better without the shifting accent. The kids were a waste/filler screen time. Quirky English countryside fixed in time comes and goes with the overall direction. It's like the child of two production companies: one had quality sets and costuming that shot the actors with lines, one that followed some random kids around on bikes and did after school special level FX.

You can do better, Amazon. Set up for a S2 so hopefully they will. They did the same thing they did with "Jack Ryan" - solid starting episodes followed by a rushed product. *Rush our boxes to our doors, take more time to edit.

That said, I enjoyed it and want to see more - done with more care.

In an attempt to make more use of all the entertainment services I subscribe to, I've started watching some new things. I'm now a couple episodes into the first season of True Detective, and I can definitely see why it was so hyped. Matthew McConaughey is pretty damned amazing in it. I also started Silicon Valley, for a lighter show.

Good stuff so far, but I'm not too deep into either one.

Reactions: DFT
Midway through watching The Boys, on Amazon. I never read the comics but I’m loving it. Apparently it’s the highest rated comic book TV adaptation and I can see why, it’s really fucking fun but not unnecessarily irreverent. Well-made, too.

Midway through watching The Boys, on Amazon. I never read the comics but I’m loving it. Apparently it’s the highest rated comic book TV adaptation and I can see why, it’s really fucking fun but not unnecessarily irreverent. Well-made, too.

I've heard it's pretty good, and only a few episodes long. Might have to watch it since they yanked Star Trek Voyager from Amazon Prime and moved it over to CBS All Access.

At the moment, I refuse to pay for any other streaming service other than Prime. Though, when Disney hits, I might do that for the Marvel and Star Wars stuff. But, there's also a lot of things on Prime I still have to watch. Add to it that it's been kind of fun watching some of the really old TV shows on OTA broadcast.

Reactions: Gen
Currently (re)watching The Office, Jane the Virgin, Parks & Rec, and Mad Men. I also have recently gotten into American Ninja Warrior--I was a miser about it for so long and completely convinced that I would hate it and now I'm kind of obsessed--what's not to love about a ridiculously difficult obstacle course with athletes who seem to all support each other so much?!

Season 2 of "GLOW" was more thoughtful, very little wrestling at all. All about the original tribe, how each had personal growth - with how they'd be replaced as the setup for S3.

The Vegas in the 80s adaptation of "A Christmas Carol" was good fun.

Watching S2 of "Mindhunter" currently. Some of the worst audio production in the first few episodes, got better later. Very compelling storyline.

I've heard it's pretty good, and only a few episodes long. Might have to watch it since they yanked Star Trek Voyager from Amazon Prime and moved it over to CBS All Access.

At the moment, I refuse to pay for any other streaming service other than Prime. Though, when Disney hits, I might do that for the Marvel and Star Wars stuff. But, there's also a lot of things on Prime I still have to watch. Add to it that it's been kind of fun watching some of the really old TV shows on OTA broadcast.

Watched "The Boys". I'm not sure what to think. In some aspects, I liked it. In others, not at all. Somewhere around episode five or six, it started to lose me.

I heard from someone that the comics are very different than the TV adaptation. We'll see what happens when season two comes out. I might watch the first couple, and then if it doesn't do it for me, leave it be.

Kind of like "Heroes". The first season or two were really good, then it just kind of fell apart. Though, "The Boys" seemed to fall apart where it really could have gotten better.

today i saw pikachu
It's not my movie style, but it was fun. I'm addicted to the cinema.[/b]

This is me. Ever since I got my movie membership, I have seen a lot of movies in the theater. Very enjoyable

Stayed up extra late to finish Mindhunter season 2 last night, needing all the extra caffeine today. Just like season 1 though I enjoyed the show and look forward to season 3. Hopefully, we don't have to wait as long between seasons this time around. I was more familiar with the story arc for this season and the subjects they interviewed. I'm also really interested in what their long term plan is for a particular serial killer they are tracking on the show, but their timeline is out of sync with in terms of resolution.

Who's watching Succession? It's one of the best shows I've seen in awhile and it's not even my typical genre!

Stayed up extra late to finish Mindhunter season 2 last night, needing all the extra caffeine today. Just like season 1 though I enjoyed the show and look forward to season 3. Hopefully, we don't have to wait as long between seasons this time around. I was more familiar with the story arc for this season and the subjects they interviewed. I'm also really interested in what their long term plan is for a particular serial killer they are tracking on the show, but their timeline is out of sync with in terms of resolution.

Mindhunter is a great show. The intro is so damn good with it's juxtaposition of very satisfying things and very disturbing things.

I'm a sucker for good character development and my god, the characters in this show are so damn good. I uncomfortably enjoy watching the subtle and overt manipulation that takes place on this show. As I told my boyfriend "these people do not know how to stay wealthy." The dad knows, Kendall gets it, but the rest just do not. Shiv being put in her place last episode was just so brutal.