What was the last movie/show you watched?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Jun 1, 2019
Chaturbate Username
april_sweetie
Last movie I watched was Urusai Yatsura: Remember My Love... Darling! I think I have watched it at least ten times and I enjoy it every time.

zippypinhead

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jan 21, 2013
How can the destroy the 90's masterpiece starring Shaquille O'neil? Oh, I forgot, it's Kazaam...Supefacepalm
One of the more entertaining running gags in the movie is the fact that the hero figure Billy Batson turns into doesn't have a name, and they keep trying to name him through the entirety of the movie without anything really sticking. "Shazam!" is the power word he shouts to become the hero. The name of the hero is and always has been Captain Marvel, which is now an obvious problem, considering Disney/Marvel's seeming plans to build the "Phase 2" arc of the Marvel movies around Carol Danvers, AKA Captain Marvel. The reason why there are two Captain Marvels, owned by each of the Big Two, is actually a long story of Superman clones becoming more popular than Supes himself, lawsuits, defunct publishers, and the various transfers of various intellectual property rights over many decades, which is surprisingly not too uncommon a story in the mostly fly-by-night history of comics. At any rate, the result is that Warner/DC can't use the name of their own Captain Marvel, even in passing, in their own movies. I think the way they handled it was really a lot of fun. It'll be interesting to see what sort of solution Warner/DC finally come up with.

Thanks for making fun of the name, Dan, so I could geek out over the real weirdness behind it. In a lot of ways, comic history is more fun for me than the comics themselves.

Gen

Cam Model
Mar 23, 2013
Dark Phoenix
What did you think? I’ve heard lukewarm-to-bad things. Tbh it was the first Xmen movie (besides Logan) to interest me in a while but I’m not an Xmen person. I might see it though.

May 11, 2017
Terra Firma
What did you think? I’ve heard lukewarm-to-bad things. Tbh it was the first Xmen movie (besides Logan) to interest me in a while but I’m not an Xmen person. I might see it though.
For me, it was very mediocre. Effects were good, story was okay. I have two major issues with this movie:

1) I don't particularly like the cast in the recent batch of Xmen movies.
2) I really dislike Sophie Turner as an actress. Nothing against her personally. It's her acting style that I don't like.

It's been far too long since I'v read the Phoenix saga, as I read it when it originally came out. So, I can't compare the movie to it. That being said, I've pretty much thrown out all what I know of the Marvel Universe (all inclusive in this statement, regardless of licensing, etc), except for the basics of the characters. The movies over the years have changed and deviated from what I remember of the comics that one really needs to just look at them as their own separate entity now.

Reactions: Gen
Oct 15, 2015
Watched "At the Heart of Gold" the documentary covering the USA Gymnastics scandal. While it didn't make me go WTF as much as the Keepers did in reaction to the details being revealed. It still really pissed me off the more than apparent level of corruption both with the USOC and Michigan State University. There are some stories these girls and women tell that are just so messed up.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gen
May 11, 2017
Terra Firma
Watched "At the Heart of Gold" the documentary covering the USA Gymnastics scandal. While it didn't make me go WTF as much as the Keepers did in reaction to the details being revealed. It still really pissed me off the more than apparent level of corruption both with the USOC and Michigan State University. There are some stories these girls and women tell that are just so messed up.
Agreed. :(

Reactions: Mfcalana
Nov 12, 2017
UK
Twitter Username
@modelbios
Chaturbate Username
mrbeefy87
I watched Detective Pikachu.
And in all honesty, it wasn't too bad. I was not wanting to watch it. By far, the Mr Mime scene was the funniest for me.

Was not a movie I'd highly recommend, but it is something worth seeing and it's funny.

Oct 15, 2015
I'm about half way through Succession on HBO. I've enjoyed it but there is nothing really notable about the show. But since its on HBO sites like the ringer an avclub discuss it. I was discussing the show with a coworker and they were all this just sounds like a soap opera

Nov 7, 2016
Twitter Username
@Danepstein1
I'm about half way through Succession on HBO. I've enjoyed it but there is nothing really notable about the show. But since its on HBO sites like the ringer an avclub discuss it. I was discussing the show with a coworker and they were all this just sounds like a soap opera
It's a great show, and it's more like a family breakdown play, combined with a dark thriller. Brian Cox is fantastic as the father by the way.

Oct 15, 2015
It's a great show, and it's more like a family breakdown play, combined with a dark thriller. Brian Cox is fantastic as the father by the way.
As I've mentioned I've enjoyed it. But, I just feel if it was on a more traditional or over the top type of network like ABC/NBC/Fox/CBS here in the States it wouldn't be getting the coverage or deep dives that it does. Or that in comparison to other Drama's HBO has released; Succession at its midpoint hasn't really taken that next step to where it would actually feel like those other Dramas that it is being treated like. I do agree that Brian Cox is doing great work in his portrayal of the Father. While I'm not as familiar with their work the actresses that play Shiv and Gerri are some scene stealers. I'm disappointed with Kieran Culkin's work in this though.

Just_A_Guy

V.I.P. AmberLander
Aug 20, 2017
Forgot to add: girls crying from the beginning to the end. And us guys falling for Olivia Hussey from the very first scene. Memories.

Just_A_Guy

V.I.P. AmberLander
Aug 20, 2017
It’s probably the first version that actually cast actors that look like teenage lovers. It still works as one of my favorites even after all these years.
So many masterpieces. Yeah, same. He did it on purpose, choosing two unknown teenagers actors. He chose her out of hundreds of actresses. I already know I'll be quite sad tonight.