AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What was the last movie/show you watched?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
What did you think? I’ve heard lukewarm-to-bad things. Tbh it was the first Xmen movie (besides Logan) to interest me in a while but I’m not an Xmen person. I might see it though.

For me, it was very mediocre. Effects were good, story was okay. I have two major issues with this movie:

1) I don't particularly like the cast in the recent batch of Xmen movies.
2) I really dislike Sophie Turner as an actress. Nothing against her personally. It's her acting style that I don't like.

It's been far too long since I'v read the Phoenix saga, as I read it when it originally came out. So, I can't compare the movie to it. That being said, I've pretty much thrown out all what I know of the Marvel Universe (all inclusive in this statement, regardless of licensing, etc), except for the basics of the characters. The movies over the years have changed and deviated from what I remember of the comics that one really needs to just look at them as their own separate entity now.

Reactions: Gen
Watched "At the Heart of Gold" the documentary covering the USA Gymnastics scandal. While it didn't make me go WTF as much as the Keepers did in reaction to the details being revealed. It still really pissed me off the more than apparent level of corruption both with the USOC and Michigan State University. There are some stories these girls and women tell that are just so messed up.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gen
Watched "At the Heart of Gold" the documentary covering the USA Gymnastics scandal. While it didn't make me go WTF as much as the Keepers did in reaction to the details being revealed. It still really pissed me off the more than apparent level of corruption both with the USOC and Michigan State University. There are some stories these girls and women tell that are just so messed up.

Agreed. :(

Reactions: Mfcalana
I watched Detective Pikachu.
And in all honesty, it wasn't too bad. I was not wanting to watch it. By far, the Mr Mime scene was the funniest for me.

Was not a movie I'd highly recommend, but it is something worth seeing and it's funny.

I'm about half way through Succession on HBO. I've enjoyed it but there is nothing really notable about the show. But since its on HBO sites like the ringer an avclub discuss it. I was discussing the show with a coworker and they were all this just sounds like a soap opera

I'm about half way through Succession on HBO. I've enjoyed it but there is nothing really notable about the show. But since its on HBO sites like the ringer an avclub discuss it. I was discussing the show with a coworker and they were all this just sounds like a soap opera
It's a great show, and it's more like a family breakdown play, combined with a dark thriller. Brian Cox is fantastic as the father by the way.

It's a great show, and it's more like a family breakdown play, combined with a dark thriller. Brian Cox is fantastic as the father by the way.

As I've mentioned I've enjoyed it. But, I just feel if it was on a more traditional or over the top type of network like ABC/NBC/Fox/CBS here in the States it wouldn't be getting the coverage or deep dives that it does. Or that in comparison to other Drama's HBO has released; Succession at its midpoint hasn't really taken that next step to where it would actually feel like those other Dramas that it is being treated like. I do agree that Brian Cox is doing great work in his portrayal of the Father. While I'm not as familiar with their work the actresses that play Shiv and Gerri are some scene stealers. I'm disappointed with Kieran Culkin's work in this though.

Going to watch "Romeo and Juliet" by Zeffirelli. Still remember the first time I saw it at school.

Forgot to add: girls crying from the beginning to the end. And us guys falling for Olivia Hussey from the very first scene. Memories.

It’s probably the first version that actually cast actors that look like teenage lovers. It still works as one of my favorites even after all these years.

So many masterpieces. Yeah, same. He did it on purpose, choosing two unknown teenagers actors. He chose her out of hundreds of actresses. I already know I'll be quite sad tonight.

Watched Ivan Ortega's re-edit of Star Wars : The Last Jedi.

If you didn't have a problem with Disney slapstick and making characters look stupid to push their agenda then stick with the original. Same story (only so much a fan edit can do), but told soooo much better for women and men alike, and Rey benefits from it. Rose's sister's sacrifice matters now, not thrown away for a line - it's not the no women version that's been floating around. Ivan respects the characters, and the audience, something Disney missed on both counts. The pinned post on YouTube will get you to a lower quality version...

Just wrapped up Spiderman into the spiderverse. It was relatively fun, but given most of my friends reactions to it and reading people's reactions online I was expecting more. Again it was good fun a tad bit too long but good. Not sure I'd watch it all the way through again though

Spiderman Far from Home I thought they did a great job with it

Stranger Things season 3, I'm kind of a sucker for it to begin with.

I finished watching it last night, I think it showed a lot of limitations on how far they are going to be able to carry that story though, and the last episode had some part's that I really dont think fit well with the kind of show it is, im sure people that have seen it all already will know the part I am on about. It was good, I enjoyed it but the pacing of the story felt really rushed compared to the first 2 seasons.

I finished watching it last night, I think it showed a lot of limitations on how far they are going to be able to carry that story though, and the last episode had some part's that I really dont think fit well with the kind of show it is, im sure people that have seen it all already will know the part I am on about. It was good, I enjoyed it but the pacing of the story felt really rushed compared to the first 2 seasons.
I think there’s no season 4 coming, maybe spin offs or year zeros.

Reactions: KingMarti
I think there’s no season 4 coming, maybe spin offs or year zeros.

I read when Santa Clarita Diet was canceled that Netflix's magical season number is 3. After the third season, there is apparently a viewer dropoff substantial enough that Netflix tends to not want to continue investing in a show. My own totally unscientific anecdotal observation is that 4 seasons tends to be that sweet spot.

Ain't no way Netflix is going to let go of the only show of theirs anyone gives the remotest shit about, so it'll be interesting to see where it all goes from here. If I was a betting man, I'd put money on a fourth season.