AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

SC User Colors

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Australia
I recently signed up on SC and have been hanging out in a couple of rooms trying to learn the ropes.
Just really curious about the changing username colors. I searched the SC wiki page and got the basics of the levels etc understood.
So in this one particular room, there is an ultimate member who is also a knight and a fan club member.
2 days ago when I first visited, his username color was red and his level was 80-something. Yesterday it was purple and level 58. Today it is silver and level 20.
How can that be?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I recently signed up on SC and have been hanging out in a couple of rooms trying to learn the ropes.
Just really curious about the changing username colors. I searched the SC wiki page and got the basics of the levels etc understood.
So in this one particular room, there is an ultimate member who is also a knight and a fan club member.
2 days ago when I first visited, his username color was red and his level was 80-something. Yesterday it was purple and level 58. Today it is silver and level 20.
How can that be?

You just reminded me that I'm supposed to REread up on some Stripchat threads so I can understand how this stuff works too, because I also am a little confused about the different user colors. I've just started using the setting to only allow users "who've bought tokens" in the past to chat (Before I was allowing all registered users who had verified e-mails to chat), and it's seemed to cut down on the begging and demanding...though the chat is quieter now.

Jumping in the shower real quick, and then gonna read up on this and maybe jot some notes down in my notebook.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
How can that be?
The red users (royal or legend) have these benefits below: (the one I have highlighted in yellow is what you are witnessing).

I have never seen the need, but some guys claim that they get hounded by models when they are one of the red levels, or there is an expectation that they will have tokens and therefore can tip lots. But those two levels do not change appearance when you run out of tokens (unlike other levels) so you cannot tell just from seeing a user's name. But I guess harassing PM's might be a thing from models who assume red = lots of tips.

"All Benefits​

New badge
You have a red badge with a distinct a star, so everyone knows you’re the boss.

Can't become ex-Legend
If you run out of tokens, you won’t lose your league’s badge.

Can mask your league & level
You can choose to show others league and level different from your real ones.

Ultimate membership for life
Enjoy Ultimate membership perks, like Invisible mode, Anonymous tips, Private messages, etc. forever."

Upvote 0
You just reminded me that I'm supposed to REread up on some Stripchat threads so I can understand how this stuff works too, because I also am a little confused about the different user colors. I've just started using the setting to only allow users "who've bought tokens" in the past to chat (Before I was allowing all registered users who had verified e-mails to chat), and it's seemed to cut down on the begging and demanding...though the chat is quieter now.

Jumping in the shower real quick, and then gonna read up on this and maybe jot some notes down in my notebook.
So basically you have stopped grey users from chatting. This, as you have seen, can be a good thing they do tend to be worst for begging etc. possibly because they are new and do not know how things "work", possibly because they are jerks ;) .

***** edit: *** I think it MIGHT be possible to be grey with tokens, but I suspect that as soon as you tip you would move to bronze league.

The model whose room I am an active knight in usually allows grey users, we knights are usually quick to silence idiots (or in my case I try to educate and then silence. Basically unless they are crude, they get one chance with me. Second strike. Mute!! Over the years there have been some very polite, respectful and entertaining grey users (however I do not believe (m)any of them have ever become tippers.) That model also quite often geo-blocks a certain country renowned for its delicious, spicy cuisine. My observations do not form a statistically accurate study, but, in my experience, users from that country seem to NEVER have tokens and to be the worst for begging and demands.

But I am sure there must be good users from there also. 🤷‍♂️

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
The red users (royal or legend) have these benefits below: (the one I have highlighted in yellow is what you are witnessing).

I have never seen the need, but some guys claim that they get hounded by models when they are one of the red levels, or there is an expectation that they will have tokens and therefore can tip lots. But those two levels do not change appearance when you run out of tokens (unlike other levels) so you cannot tell just from seeing a user's name. But I guess harassing PM's might be a thing from models who assume red = lots of tips.

"All Benefits​

New badge
You have a red badge with a distinct a star, so everyone knows you’re the boss.

Can't become ex-Legend
If you run out of tokens, you won’t lose your league’s badge.

Can mask your league & level
You can choose to show others league and level different from your real ones.

Ultimate membership for life
Enjoy Ultimate membership perks, like Invisible mode, Anonymous tips, Private messages, etc. forever."
Thanks! Sounds very much like the option on CB to show a lower colour level to hide a tipping history then. But in this particular example, seems unusual to do this if the user is in the same model's room 3 days running and is already a fan club member and a knight. If they were doing it because they were active in other model's room(s) at the same time, seems that would give them away as visiting elsewhere........

Upvote 0
How can that be?
That is because they can mask their level after becoming diamond league. So basically we can change it to whatever we would like. I do that every once in a while to keep models from messaging me out of the blue while I am hanging out with one of my favorite models.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Thanks! Sounds very much like the option on CB to show a lower colour level to hide a tipping history then. But in this particular example, seems unusual to do this if the user is in the same model's room 3 days running and is already a fan club member and a knight. If they were doing it because they were active in other model's room(s) at the same time, seems that would give them away as visiting elsewhere........
Yeah I guess so, You don't have to be visiting other models to feel a "need" to hide your level. Plus, visiting more than one model is not against the rules except for those "psycho" jealous models ;) .

They can just change it for whatever reason they like. . . some guys seem to have a different colour every day, like a different hat or makeup 🤷‍♂️ .

And the level masking ability is actually available from Diamond (purple) level and above. I am not completely au fait with the other levels, I was awarded "ultimate" automatically when the new scheme was first instigated, so I have always been "red".

Upvote 0
Yeah I guess so, You don't have to be visiting other models to feel a "need" to hide your level. Plus, visiting more than one model is not against the rules except for those "psycho" jealous models ;) .
Ah - sounds like on SC, you are visible to models when signed in? On CB, you're only seen in the room you're in at any given time.
So this makes sense if a SC user is logged in, but wants to be less visible to others.

Upvote 0
Ah - sounds like on SC, you are visible to models when signed in? On CB, you're only seen in the room you're in at any given time.
So this makes sense if a SC user is logged in, but wants to be less visible to others.
Yeah I think so, but I never really figured it out 100%, but when i was first on SC, I was a Gold user, (kind of the precursor of "Ultimate') and I was spending a lot of money (Hence why I am ultimate even though these days I spend very little), I would be pounced upon often by models I did not know via PM's.

In truth I never found it to be that intrusive. I used to reply with a polite "thanks but no-thanks, I already support a few models and cannot help any more" message and almost all were understanding. Most thanked me for being so polite, so I shudder to think of how most guys respond! (Politeness costs nothing)

Upvote 0

When a member is online on Stripchat, a tiny green dot appears at the top left hand corner of his name...which means "online." But in order for me to even notice that, I believe I'd have to either be viewing his Stripchat profile at that moment...or viewing my PM conversation list (If I've ever had a PM conversation with that member, and he happens to be online right now, that green dot appears by his name)...or viewing the 'My Friends' section of my profile where his name is (If he's online now, the green dot will show). Besides those things, we don't really get any alert that you've just come online...not the way they have it on MyFreeCams.

On MyFreeCams we know you're online if A) we have you on our friends list...the moment you log in, your name pops up for us underneath the 'Online Friends' tab (in the model web broadcaster). Or B) we happen to be in the middle of browsing MFC Mail from you while you're currently online. A little yellow "Online" tag will appear above your name. Or C) we happen to be checking out your MFC profile. At the top of your profile next to "status" it will either say 'online' or 'offline'.

Upvote 0
When a member is online on Stripchat, a tiny green dot appears at the top left hand corner of his name...which means "online." But in order for me to even notice that, I believe I'd have to either be viewing his Stripchat profile at that moment...or viewing my PM conversation list (If I've ever had a PM conversation with that member, and he happens to be online right now, that green dot appears by his name)...or viewing the 'My Friends' section of my profile where his name is (If he's online now, the green dot will show). Besides those things, we don't really get any alert that you've just come online...not the way they have it on MyFreeCams.

On MyFreeCams we know you're online if A) we have you on our friends list...the moment you log in, your name pops up for us underneath the 'Online Friends' tab (in the model web broadcaster). Or B) we happen to be in the middle of browsing MFC Mail from you while you're currently online. A little yellow "Online" tag will appear above your name. Or C) we happen to be checking out your MFC profile. At the top of your profile next to "status" it will either say 'online' or 'offline'.

Also in the knights bit too.
I think it's only a huge problem when you're someone who talks often to specific model/s and they get jealous for whatever reasons. I mean, if you talk to them"enough" then most likely your PM conversation is going to be near the top and easily visible for them.

Added to this models can get annoyed/upset/jealous if you don't log off immediately when you say you're going to but what they and other's don't seem to realise, I THINK, is that it will still show the green dot for 5, 10 or 15 minutes AFTER you have left the site. I think this may only be when you LEAVE the site and do not log out. I think if you click to log out, it says you are offline instantly but I am someone who likes to leave my accounts logged in, so I never log out on sites. So this is just another reason for some models to cause problems lol

I have honestly found it just makes things much easier to be able to go invisible to avoid these situations, so Ultimate Membership for me is perfect.
Although, a lot of models hate when you're invisible, even if they know you are there because you speak to them. Sometimes it's about being invisible from other moronic users, not the model - if I could turn an option on that shows me to the model who's room/s I am viewing right there and then,but hide me from USERS, then I would happily activate this option. I

Upvote 0
Also in the knights bit too.
I think it's only a huge problem when you're someone who talks often to specific model/s and they get jealous for whatever reasons. I mean, if you talk to them"enough" then most likely your PM conversation is going to be near the top and easily visible for them.

I don't use the knights feature on there, so I don't even bother clicking on that.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0

Yes, the green dot shows. Not sure how it works if you've made yourself invisible. I think things may have changed some from the past. I know when I used to turn off invisible, I'd get bombarded by PMs near immediately. So there must have been some way to see on some friends list or elsewhere. I don't get around enough to enough rooms now to know if that's still a problem.

Upvote 0
Kind of related to the user colors, what does the number denote? I know that the higher the number, the more active a user has been.
But just saw a guy who joined 21 days ago and he is red level, 89 points. Is it time, or tokens, or a combination?
In this example, what does that suggest, he's lived on the site the whole 21 days since joining, or he's spent tens of thousands of dollars?

Upvote 0
I think that it's based on "XP" a.k.a. "experience points." A combination of tipping (primarily) and various other factors (time spent viewing, etc.).

I remember finding something at one point that explained the numbers but I can't again now.

In that case I'd guess that he dumped a bunch of money during those 21 days.

Though I don't use it much lately, I've been on the site for years and tipped a ton. Mine has been stuck at 89 forever. That seems to be a threshold that most don't go beyond for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kind of related to the user colors, what does the number denote? I know that the higher the number, the more active a user has been.
But just saw a guy who joined 21 days ago and he is red level, 89 points. Is it time, or tokens, or a combination?
In this example, what does that suggest, he's lived on the site the whole 21 days since joining, or he's spent tens of thousands of dollars?

The explanation given above (about XP) is generally correct.

But if you want to know more about the levels on the site, here is the cool article

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
in just 21 days? wow.

I believe that up to 9 XP, you can increase by just watching models. after that I think you only advance by buying (and spending) tokens.

OK here we go: (Why didn't I just screenshot it :rofl:

How to Earn XP​

There are several things that help you earn XP and level up, reaching higher leagues:

ACTION...................................................VALUE................................XP
Spending tokens...................................1 tk......................................5
Watching shows (up to level 9)..........15 min..................................1
First token purchase........................................................................500
Email verification...............................................................................5

I am currently level 92, I will soonish become level 93 when my XP reaches 275,000. I've been on SC for almost 3 years.
I have been 92 for most of this year I think.

So that dude who is level 82 after only 21 days, has splashed some serious money, as merely visiting only counts up to level 9.

Upvote 0
So that dude who is level 82 after only 21 days, has splashed some serious money, as merely visiting only counts up to level 9.
He's at 89. Just went back to the room to check, and he's left, but still room king. Tipped nearly 10,000 more tokens since I was in there last. Safe to say the model is having a great day!

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
in just 21 days? wow.

I believe that up to 9 XP, you can increase by just watching models. after that I think you only advance by buying (and spending) tokens.

OK here we go: (Why didn't I just screenshot it :rofl:

How to Earn XP​

There are several things that help you earn XP and level up, reaching higher leagues:

ACTION...................................................VALUE................................XP
Spending tokens...................................1 tk......................................5
Watching shows (up to level 9)..........15 min..................................1
First token purchase........................................................................500
Email verification...............................................................................5

I am currently level 92, I will soonish become level 93 when my XP reaches 275,000. I've been on SC for almost 3 years.
I have been 92 for most of this year I think.

Or maybe not.. My maths is not always the best :rofl:

Upvote 0
To reach Rank 89 you need 1,725,000 XP, which is the same as 345,000 tokens spent (1,725,000 / 5) [5 XP per 1 token spent].

2,350 tokens = $200
This is 146.8x the 2,350 token package to reach rank 89, so round to 147.

147*$200 = $29,400

As soon as a member BUYS any token package they turn bronze rank 10.
To reach the end of rank 9, which is the maximum for anyone NOT buying tokens and it's ONLY from watching streams and verifying their email, is 500 XP (so it would be like spending 100 tokens - $10).

For someone who has just reached rank 9 it means they have watched 86+ hours of videos, if they are at the end of rank 9 they have watched 120+ hours (without spending a token).

Hope this helps.

Edit:
A better article for you all is this one that shows/explains better

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So just to clarify, if you are in Invisible mode, the green dot is still there?
I am unsure, and can't be bothered to check. (I don't care, personally, if it is or not)
But, now that i say this, I think I checked this the other day (I have a secondary account) and I am sure that there was no green dot. But you can check it yourself to confirm.
:)

Upvote 0
Green Dot

At times, the green dot may still appear even after you have left.

This is a just delay with your status update as it gets stuck somewhere in the queue which holds up the process of changing it to offline.
It is a matter of time/patience as it can sometimes take between 5-10 mins.

Try to also log out of your account before closing your browser.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
Green Dot

At times, the green dot may still appear even after you have left.

This is a just delay with your status update as it gets stuck somewhere in the queue which holds up the process of changing it to offline.
It is a matter of time/patience as it can sometimes take between 5-10 mins.

Try to also log out of your account before closing your browser.
What do I have to do Charlie_SC to get a response from STRIPCHAT for returning my check and ripping me off for the money I worked for? I deleted my account and a month later I get a returned check from you guys in my bank account, than hitting me with a $12 fee ontop of it. IT's not a ton of money guys it was $103 U.S. but jesus why not respond to this and address the issue, rather me keep telling everyone on all the forums you guys have not paid your models and refuse to even respond to emails?

Upvote 0
What do I have to do Charlie_SC to get a response from STRIPCHAT for returning my check and ripping me off for the money I worked for? I deleted my account and a month later I get a returned check from you guys in my bank account, than hitting me with a $12 fee ontop of it. IT's not a ton of money guys it was $103 U.S. but jesus why not respond to this and address the issue, rather me keep telling everyone on all the forums you guys have not paid your models and refuse to even respond to emails?
If you have these issues that is bad. But spreading your message over many threads will not help. (Neither will posting in a completely unrelated thread) Also try tagging @Charlie_SC or @xChloe they are the SC reps here.

Upvote 0

Hello @Jessandtony
I have responded to your duplicate thread here: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...s-who-delete-there-account.43768/post-1150613

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.