AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The (negative?) impact of regular big spenders in rooms

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have, I think the crux of my issue starts way back...there would not be a CB if guys like me (regulars) weren't there and the models knew that, I'd get an email the next day thanking me for a encouraging tipnote. Those days are long gone.
Hungry Couch Potato GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski
summer sun GIF by Andrew Benson

So you are mad you arent getting enough thank yous?

Maybe you should try tipping me. I thank everyone. Onlyfans.com/audritwo
No it's not the thank yous so much but I miss the days when I knew the models had husbands and BF's that we just called Bob, joked around had fun. I sent thousands of dollars western union to make sure rent got paid for them. It embarrassed me back then the gratitude they showed.

Camming is a job for the model (obviously excluding hobby wankers) and a source of entertainment for the viewers.

I don’t know why people need to make things so complicated. If the way a model runs her room bothers you, leave. Why spend your leisure time getting upset? There’s so many other productive things you can do than sit in a chat room where you’re not enjoying yourself.

New member came in and you feel like he’s trying to dominate the room? Ignore him or leave. You don’t know exactly what’s going on behind the scenes and she obviously has her reasons for keeping him around. Whether that be because he is still tipping heavily offline or she thinks he might tip well again or she just doesn’t want to/doesn’t know how to create and maintain boundaries, it’s her choice how to act. As it’s your choice as a member how to spend your time and money.

Model isn’t falling over herself thanking you for your tips? You think you’re not getting enough attention for your tips? Don’t tip if it bothers you that much. Again, it’s your money. If someone isn’t giving you attention even though you’re tipping them, maybe it’s because they just don’t like interacting with you and the amount you give isn’t worth them pretending.

This whole thread makes me so happy that I only sell content and makes me rethink wanting to stream again. Just reading this is tiring.

No it's not the thank yous so much but I miss the days when I knew the models had husbands and BF's that we just called Bob, joked around had fun. I sent thousands of dollars western union to make sure rent got paid for them. It embarrassed me back then they gratitude they showed.
So you are mad and nostalgic for the choices you made to give someone money for their attention?

Maybe you should try tipping another model. Im another model. You can also tip me here: audritwo.cammodels.com

Camming is a job for the model (obviously excluding hobby wankers) and a source of entertainment for the viewers.

I don’t know why people need to make things so complicated. If the way a model runs her room bothers you, leave. Why spend your leisure time getting upset? There’s so many other productive things you can do than sit in a chat room where you’re not enjoying yourself.

New member came in and you feel like he’s trying to dominate the room? Ignore him or leave. You don’t know exactly what’s going on behind the scenes and she obviously has her reasons for keeping him around. Whether that be because he is still tipping heavily offline or she thinks he might tip well again or she just doesn’t want to/doesn’t know how to create and maintain boundaries, it’s her choice how to act. As it’s your choice as a member how to spend your time and money.

Model isn’t falling over herself thanking you for your tips? You think you’re not getting enough attention for your tips? Don’t tip if it bothers you that much. Again, it’s your money. If someone isn’t giving you attention even though you’re tipping them, maybe it’s because they just don’t like interacting with you and the amount you give isn’t worth them pretending.

This whole thread makes me so happy that I only sell content and makes me rethink wanting to stream again. Just reading this is tiring.
Painful Truth. When you hear The The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball and REO singing Time for me to fly on repeat in your head, in a chatroom I take it seriously now

So you are mad and nostalgic for the choices you made to give someone money for their attention?

Maybe you should try tipping another model. Im another model. You can also tip me here: audritwo.cammodels.com
See I like you but it's such a PITA to change...

I know this doesn't address the whale directly but more to the drama it causes..

I remember a Model On CB years ago, on her profile it said..."I'm not here to be your friend, Girl Friend or your wife , I'm here to get you off." 😂 or words real close to that. I tipped her 1000 in the tipnote I put 1 word...Honesty

She wasn't my type but still, my point is that she left no doubts and was completely up front about what she was there for. Why don't you models do stuff like that? I have a couple of Ideas but I like to see what models think.

I know this doesn't address the whale directly but more to the drama it causes..

I remember a Model On CB years ago, on her profile it said..."I'm not here to be your friend, Girl Friend or your wife , I'm here to get you off." 😂 or words real close to that. I tipped her 1000 in the tipnote I put 1 word...Honesty

She wasn't my type but still, my point is that she left no doubts and was completely up front about what she was there for. Why don't you models do stuff like that? I have a couple of Ideas but I like to see what models think.
Most of the models here do do stuff like that. What in God's name are you talking about man? You're sounding a bit off your damn rocker to me.

ETA; I really don't have time to be messing around or being drawn into this further. Maybe inflation or something has you tripping? Check out the context of this forum, and read the past post threads, to get a feel for where you are, before you start cracking out with the overgeneralizations Dude. Its friendly direct advice; a better look for you. More polite and prosocial.

I think users do need to put themselves in the model’s (high heeled presumably) shoes on this stuff. They are working a job that is 100% dependent on tips (or close to it in most cases) and that the fact of life is sometimes those tips come in and sometimes they don’t despite their efforts. I think literally any one of us in that job is going to try to maximize business relationships with users who have proven they will tip the most to the best of their abilities. That’s what puts food on the table, pays the bills, etc.

There are a lot of things that get tied up in these virtual relationships - issues with sex, interpersonal communication, greed, desire for control, jealousy, etc - most of which the model is not asking for and isn’t responsible for (there are some models who invite drama, but that’s a different topic)

The user needs to make their own decisions about how much time they want to spend in a room and whose room in the first place, but they can’t dictate who the model chooses to have in their room. These situations come up and I think as a user what it really comes down to is how does the model handle the situation. Am I treated with respect even if my “role” in the room has shrunk a little?

Honestly, from misterical’s account it sounds to me like the model is trying to be sensitive both to him and to the other user - it is just a tough needle to thread in this case IMO
This. One of my most favorite people is retired and has a very strict budget.

Maybe because we are all unique individuals and do things differently than someone else? There are many cam rooms who couldn't care less about a person's orgasm.

For some the girlfriend experience is what they are best at, personality wise.

So forth and so on.

@BackTew i think you'd have a better time if you tried tipping me.

I'll send a very nice thank you message after tips and you can pay my rent! my portion of rent is currently $750. So saving yourself at least $250-$300 a month! We can call my husband bob too! 😎

I think users do need to put themselves in the model’s (high heeled presumably) shoes on this stuff. They are working a job that is 100% dependent on tips (or close to it in most cases) and that the fact of life is sometimes those tips come in and sometimes they don’t despite their efforts. I think literally any one of us in that job is going to try to maximize business relationships with users who have proven they will tip the most to the best of their abilities. That’s what puts food on the table, pays the bills, etc.

There are a lot of things that get tied up in these virtual relationships - issues with sex, interpersonal communication, greed, desire for control, jealousy, etc - most of which the model is not asking for and isn’t responsible for (there are some models who invite drama, but that’s a different topic)

The user needs to make their own decisions about how much time they want to spend in a room and whose room in the first place, but they can’t dictate who the model chooses to have in their room. These situations come up and I think as a user what it really comes down to is how does the model handle the situation. Am I treated with respect even if my “role” in the room has shrunk a little?

Honestly, from misterical’s account it sounds to me like the model is trying to be sensitive both to him and to the other user - it is just a tough needle to thread in this case IMO
You make excellent points, as a regular, we see the big tippers come and go, We know what makes our model, smile, cry or laugh. Happy sad etc. When we see her eyes light up and a she actually swoons over a transient big tipper, that complicates things. You are no longer her buddy.

You make excellent points, as a regular, we see the big tippers come and go, We know what makes our model, smile, cry or laugh. Happy sad etc. When we see her eyes light up and a she actually swoons over a transient big tipper, that complicates things. You are no longer her buddy.
*sigh*

Of course were going to be excited when someone new comes in and drops big tips. It's new. It's encouraging. It's an opportunity to turn a transient tipper into a regular tipper.

It's a challenge. Fresh face. New conversations.

I love the people in my room who are regulars but I cannot survive in this industry without new people checking out my room.

All tokens count. All of them.

You don't want a cam model "wife" any more than we want cam boyfriends/husbands.

*sigh*

Of course were going to be excited when someone new comes in and drops big tips. It's new. It's encouraging. It's an opportunity to turn a transient tipper into a regular tipper.

It's a challenge. Fresh face. New conversations.

I love the people in my room who are regulars but I cannot survive in this industry without new people checking out my room.

All tokens count. All of them.

You don't want a cam model "wife" any more than we want cam boyfriends/husbands.
That's honesty, and you are absolutely right. Thing is I wager all your regulars know they are important. I can't say that about the last 10 rooms I tipped in.

That's honesty, and you are absolutely right. Thing is I wager all your regulars know they are important. I can't say that about the last 10 rooms I tipped in.
After I hit post, that very thought occurred to me -- I am always excited to see them and each person is profusely thanked or I'll chat in PM if they are also a fan club member. I ask about their families, give advice, check on them when they are sick or if I haven't seen them in a while. I can do this because 1) I actually care about them and 2) the room is rarely rocking more than 50 people at a time.

It also made me wonder if this is a symptom of low viewer count rooms in general. It's by nature more intimate than a room with 200 registered users and 2000 bots hanging out.

I think there is validity to everything everyone has said in here and perhaps it will help in the future.

Reactions: Smoothie and Ozzie_
After I hit post, that very thought occurred to me -- I am always excited to see them and each person is profusely thanked or I'll chat in PM if they are also a fan club member. I ask about their families, give advice, check on them when they are sick or if I haven't seen them in a while. I can do this because 1) I actually care about them and 2) the room is rarely rocking more than 50 people at a time.

It also made me wonder if this is a symptom of low viewer count rooms in general. It's by nature more intimate than a room with 200 registered users and 2000 bots hanging out.

I think there is validity to everything everyone has said in here and perhaps it will help in the future.
I think in this day of labels asking about a customers family qualifies as the Girl friend Experience 😂

I think in this day of labels asking about a customers family qualifies as the Girl friend Experience 😂
Perhaps now. Wasn't that way when I started on CB 10 years ago. My regulars have been active tippers for almost that entire decade. It's only natural we would get to know each other outside of our naughty bits. I also not a hardcore model by choice. That makes for lots of room to have conversations that aren't centered around the last time I was spit-roasted by two dudes.

I am naturally inquisitive and people are interesting to me.

I think anyone who has just entered the game is going to have a totally different mindset and way of running things than I do. Don't forget about the explosion of new cammers because of the pandemic -- for most it was a lifeline in a time of absolute chaos. They may see it as a money grab and only that but I'm not them so I'd be hesitant to say with absolute certainty.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Perhaps now. Wasn't that way when I started on CB 10 years ago. My regulars have been active tippers for almost that entire decade. It's only natural we would get to know each other outside of our naughty bits. I also not a hardcore model by choice. That makes for lots of room to have conversations that aren't centered around the last time I was spit-roasted by two dudes.

I am naturally inquisitive and people are interesting to me.

I think anyone who has just entered the game is going to have a totally different mindset and way of running things than I do. Don't forget about the explosion of new cammers because of the pandemic -- for most it was a lifeline in a time of absolute chaos. They may see it as a money grab and only that but I'm not them so I'd be hesitant to say with absolute certainty.
Remember a place called WEBCAMNow? No money involved back then, gorgeous older lady from the east coast came on a couple times a month, she got a ridiculous following for back then, all these new viewers each week directing her telling her how to be...She stopped, dead silence and looked directly into her cam, and uttered these famous words. "I'm not here for your pleasure, I'm here for mine" 😂😂 That statement personified cam girls when you started.

Remember a place called WEBCAMNow? No money involved back then, gorgeous older lady from the east coast came on a couple times a month, she got a ridiculous following for back then, all these new viewers each week directing her telling her how to be...She stopped, dead silence and looked directly into her cam, and uttered these famous words. "I'm not here for your pleasure, I'm here for mine" 😂😂 That statement personified cam girls when you started.
I had an account there. It's now monetized. I have been married since I was 18 years old. Never cheated. Wasn't very promiscuous before that and tried CB when I got sick of working for someone else's dream and not getting anywhere close to making my own dreams come true.

I was 31, turning 32, that year. Guys were mindblown they could interact with real, live people and were just as gracious for what we were willing to do as we were gracious for the tips in the first place.

Now? "Cum for me right now or I'm taking my tokens and leaving," seems to be most of the attitude I run into with new users.

Or, like I have one guy who just wants to talk to me about music because I'm a former choir girl with an extensive knowledge of music history. He tips for it, but it bores the hell out of me and it shows. Thankfully he's in a European country so if I time my log in right I miss him completely..

The nuances are complicated is what I'm saying.

I had an account there. It's now monetized. I have been married since I was 18 years old. Never cheated. Wasn't very promiscuous before that and tried CB when I got sick of working for someone else's dream and not getting anywhere close to making my own dreams come true.

I was 31, turning 32, that year. Guys were mindblown they could interact with real, live people and were just as gracious for what we were willing to do as we were gracious for the tips in the first place.

Now? "Cum for me right now or I'm taking my tokens and leaving," seems to be most of the attitude I run into with new users.

Or, like I have one guy who just wants to talk to me about music because I'm a former choir girl with an extensive knowledge of music history. He tips for it, but it bores the hell out of me and it shows. Thankfully he's in a European country so if I time my log in right I miss him completely..

I got your nuances loud and clear 😂 We were grateful and it was actually fun. I'd see a "disgruntled" viewer just say nasty terrible things to a model get silenced or kicked and on went the show. I always wondered how a person could get that jaded watching beautiful women. I don't wonder that today.

The first cam girl I ever tipped, was on webcamnow before they monetized. Cute little thing, said she was hungry and didn't have any money. I pm'd her and said I would call pizza hut near her and send a pizza...She ended up being 70 miles away in a small town and were were close friends for 5 years b4 she got married. Nuances

I got your nuances loud and clear 😂 We were grateful and it was actually fun. I'd see a "disgruntled" viewer just say nasty terrible things to a model get silenced or kicked and on went the show. I always wondered how a person could get that jaded watching beautiful women. I don't wonder that today.
It's still fun. There's just 10 times the amount of bullshit than there used to be. Most of my viewers tend to be 55+ or older, perhaps they just act better in general compared to the young bucks who still get a stiffy when the wind blows.

It's still fun. There's just 10 times the amount of bullshit than there used to be. Most of my viewers tend to be 55+ or older, perhaps they just act better in general compared to the young bucks who still get a stiffy when the wind blows.
Do you really think there are that many viewers that actually tip under 30? I think they lie? And that's the other thing, a model that clearly, hasn't seen 24 for the better part of 10 years of course puts age at 24. Honesty goes a LONG way with gentlemen.

Do you really think there are that many viewers that actually tip under 30? I think they lie? And that's the other thing, a model that clearly, hasn't seen 24 for the better part of 10 years of course puts age at 24. Honesty goes a LONG way with gentlemen.
Preaching to the choir my man. The only thing I am never honest about is where I live when someone new comes in -- none of your business. Not here to hook up with you.

Reactions: BackTew
Preaching to the choir my man. The only thing I am never honest about is where I live when someone new comes in -- none of your business. Not here to hook up with you.
DIng Ding Ding We have a winner folks. Set expectations. Can you imagine me trying to buy a model a pizza today? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

DIng Ding Ding We have a winner folks. Set expectations. Can you imagine me trying to buy a model a pizza today? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
I can think of 7 off the top of my head who would gladly give you their PayPal info to make that happen because it's all about the grift.

Meanwhile I'd be like you can send me a gift card via email. LOL

lol see I already love you...I would have fallen for it
🙂 I had a guy ask me to do a JOI video once. He begged me, offered everything under the sun. I could have taken his money. Never do the video or procrastinated for months on end to keep stringing him along if nothing more than to get that 100 token tip asking where the video is.

I looked into the camera and said, "if you want to pay that to see the most disinterested person on earth tell you how to stroke your own cock, it's your cash to flush my dude."

I'm not going through all of that for a subject/kink I'm not interested in, so I have his respect but not his money. Womp womp

Status
Not open for further replies.