AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When to suspect hacked tokens, and what to do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sspacekittenn

Cam Model
Jun 28, 2016
North Carolina
www.chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@missoliviahayes
Tumblr Username
missoliviahayes
Chaturbate Username
missoliviahayes
Hello everyone!

I searched for this, but only found things about generators for MFC, which I don't use. I started camming tonight on Chaturbate- it went great! The only issue I had is my partner, who was watching and modding, alerted me to the idea that someone who was tipping quite a lot (cleared a good portion of my keno board) might be using fake tokens or something. A few camgirls they are friends with have had issues with cashing out and then the tokens being fake, so Chaturbate takes them out of the model's next check, leaving them in the negative.
My question is: when do I suspect this is actually happening? What do I do? I was thinking of contacting Chaturbate support and explaining the situation so the can verify them for me somehow. I'm just trying to be wary. I'm flattered and happy, and want to believe the best in people, but I've heard and seen enough to know I need to take steps to protect myself and prevent issues.

Has anyone had experience with this? Thank you for the input!

Excuse me for sounding ignorant, but this is actually a thing? I've seen people advertising token hacks (hell, just do a Google or YouTube search) but always assumed they were just sleazy affiliate marketers lying about it and spamming ref-links.

I know credit card fraud is very, very real. Hell, I'm not even camming, but I still get hit with chargebacks!

But how does one literally generate fake tokens?

Yeah i recently saw how CB has been giving models a negative balance

Not to take away blame from the culprits using hacked tokens, but this is yet another shitty thing, among a list of other shitty things, about Chaturbate. I understand someone hasta pay up for bogus tokens, but punishing the models as some sort of collateral damage, when all they did was put in an honest day's work while unknowingly received bogus tokens, is fucked up. That shows how a company isn't willing to protect its employees or give some sort of insurance when something bad goes down, nor do they give a fuck.

Yeah i recently saw how CB has been giving models a negative balance

Not to take away blame from the culprits using hacked tokens, but this is yet another shitty thing, among a list of other shitty things, about Chaturbate. I understand someone hasta pay up for bogus tokens, but punishing the models as some sort of collateral damage, when all they did was put in an honest day's work while unknowingly received bogus tokens, is fucked up. That shows how a company isn't willing to protect its employees or give some sort of insurance when something bad goes down, nor do they give a fuck.

This is a tricky thing..
As far as I now there are no "hacked" tokens, but there are tokens bought with stolen credit cards.
There are now 2 scenarios:
1) the tokens are used just to get free shows from the models
2) the model is part of the scam and is used to convert the credit card into hard cash

a lot of room for error here...

:)

This is a tricky thing..
As far as I now there are no "hacked" tokens, but there are tokens bought with stolen credit cards.
2) the model is part of the scam and is used to convert the credit card into hard cash

In regards to CB's long pattern of questionable business practice, i find it hard to stand by their method of auto-deducting from a model's balance due to a chargeback without so much as defending their case, even if there are shady models running scams as your second scenario states. An honest model still remains as collateral damage.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
This is a tricky thing..

The shitty thing is that Chaturbate treats the models as if it's scenario 2 without even trying to ascertain whether that's the truth.

I've been told that its best to report big tips on CB as soon as you get them so that you don't seem guilty if the tip is fake...but that's just what I've heard. I don't cam actively on CB but it does seem to be a smart thing to do.

Cam4 you can check a members profile, see when the account was created. If it's a brand new account, suspicious.
Can't really do that on CB.

There are no "fake" tokens on Chaturbate or MFC. This is a myth.

There are real tokens bought with stolen credit cards and the real owner of the credit card will usually issue a charge back or complain to their bank. The tokens will be deducted from the model's account in that scenario.

There are also crappy persons who will tip you with their own credit card and then regret it or get found out by their wives and issue a chargeback even though the transaction was legit and paid for by them. Tokens will be deducted from the model.

There is no way to know whether the tokens you just received were bought with legitimate or stolen credit card info. There is no way to know whether or not the member who tipped you will wake up regretting his spending spree from the night before and ask for a refund or place a charge back on the charges.

I have had members ask for refunds of ticket shows for 500 token tickets after watching the entire show at least twice, and I have also had chargebacks. CB wont do anything for you and wont reply to emails even. It blows.

However these chargebacks and refunds have never constitued even a 1% of my income. My best advice is to simply assume that you will sometimes lose tokens because of this so your income wont always be 50% of what you made. Factor in at least 1% of losses due to chargebacks and refunds. Other than your mood being ruined by feeling like you work for people that don't give two shits about you, monetary-wise it isn't that big a deal... Which only makes you feel even worse about CB not covering these charges and paying for this out of their own pocket when the cost is so negligible. Makes them look even more greedy. Oh well.

I've been given fake tips before! but it was my first night on CB. and i had noooo idea how to navigate anything(big mistake) so this guy comes in my room..immediately tip 200 tokens and requests me to flash! so i do it, in public chat. Thinking I'm having a great night, I'm happy and hoping for more. Few moments later he tips 500 tokens! asks my to oil my tits and play with my kitty:yikes: so as im starting, i click on the tip(thinking i'd see how much money that translates to, being as though i didn't know how else to check that) it pops up as a regular emoji the bastard was just generating a authentic looking tip emoji!!!! i felt mortified and stopped broadcasting for the night and just started watching videos and tutorials..like i should've done in the first place!! :cry:

• Hugs
Reactions: Fatquack
you will not know because tokens are just numbers on your screen. some programmers can generate this things depends on how skillful they are just like the same on flash game like farmville they can generate cash points without really buying money.

Status
Not open for further replies.