AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Trump Presidency Prediction Time Capsule Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

I believe that Donald Trump's presidency will have a __________ affect on the United States & world.

• Very positive

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Somewhat positive

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Very small/neutral

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Slightly negative

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Very negative

Votes: 42 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment, I'm most worried about Planned Parenthood. I have no idea what Trump is going to do, but I'm imagining a future where abortion rights are revoked and I'm terrified.

The really stupid thing about all defunding of PP that his team and so many others believe in is it's going to work in reverse resulting in more unplanned pregnancies, unsafe abortions etc.

So I predict an sti rate increase, more back alley abortions, more teen pregnancies, women not getting cancer screenings they need, HIV outbreaks similar to the recent Indiana one etc. Not to mention all the ignorance in regards to sex education in general being perpetuated due to these poor decisions. If you check out any of the anti-planned parenthood threads on social media you will see how illy-informed a lot of these people are.

The really stupid thing about all defunding of PP that his team and so many others believe in is it's going to work in reverse resulting in more unplanned pregnancies, unsafe abortions etc.

So I predict an sti rate increase, more back alley abortions, more teen pregnancies, women not getting cancer screenings they need, HIV outbreaks similar to the recent Indiana one etc. Not to mention all the ignorance in regards to sex education in general being perpetuated due to these poor decisions. If you check out any of the anti-planned parenthood threads on social media you will see how illy-informed a lot of these people are.
I'm definitely going to continue to not have sex in the coming years. Yikes!

I might also add that if the Trump presidency (and congress being overthrown by right wingers) does infringe on the rights of those peoples in the minority who have had a modicum of acceptance in the past 8 years, or even before them with abortion rights, we can expect a united effort for future elections on a national and state level (one would think, right? Get off your tuchas and vote--all the old people did). If it is so easy to reverse things, I figure that in four years things will be reversed again for another 8 years.

If it is so easy to reverse things, I figure that in four years things will be reversed again for another 8 years.

"Never mind that your rights will be infringed on and a ton of people will die without adequate health care and a bunch of unwanted babies will be born. We can just reverse it!"

lol k

I might also add that if the Trump presidency (and congress being overthrown by right wingers) does infringe on the rights of those peoples in the minority who have had a modicum of acceptance in the past 8 years, or even before them with abortion rights, we can expect a united effort for future elections on a national and state level (one would think, right? Get off your tuchas and vote--all the old people did). If it is so easy to reverse things, I figure that in four years things will be reversed again for another 8 years.

Except it can't. With absolutely 1 Supreme Court position up for grabs and potentially 3, you are looking at a drastically altered political landscape for years to come.

I think we have been going the wrong way on the interstate with an open six pack for a long long time now, with or without Trump. Do I think he is going to make any changes worth mentioning that will be exceptional or change our course? No, no I don't call me a pessimist. *shrug*

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Remember, there are two years until midterm elections, if he manages to piss off enough of the people that voted him in in the first place, and the general public, the left will get voted back in. We're not looking at four years, necessarily, of Trump and the new congress, but four years of Trump and two years of tossup. Honestly, it'll probably take about six months for things to really start rolling. There's a lot of redundancy within the legislative and executive branches, never mind the judicial. If things really hit the fan, in two years there's a chance to change it. Congress isn't in session all year, they actually take a good chunk of the year off.

Unfortunately, that's all we can do. Well, minus flooding their offices with calls when they try to shut down Ethics Committees...

*takes old law student hat off*

Not only hate crimes will increase, but just bigotry in general. It is increasingly normalized. All facets of society are going to see people being increasingly pushed to the fringes and oppressed for being different. It is utterly sickening.

These portended ills of yours are exacerbated by Trump being elected POTUS because?

The only hate crimes I've heard about have been towards so-called Trump supporters.

Where will we hear about it? With how fast things go viral nowadays, don't be surprised if you find things on Facebook and/or Twitter from people sharing their personal experiences.
Good way to get the truth in a hurry. Or lies.

I do think we are going to see much more fighting for control of information on the internet from various factions of our corporate federal government. Before the election, I assumed it would be Hillary and the left trying to crackdown on hate speech/anti PC or anything that went against her narrative (with a pushback). Instead, looks like it is going to be Trump lashing out at anything that goes against his narrative, and the whole right trying to force everyone to join them in an open embrace of abject, willful ignorance as a virtue (with a pushback). Speaking of...
@justjoinedtopost, those were NOT conservative voters that kidnapped and tortured that 18 year old in Chicago. Honestly, I've never encountered anyone that voted for DTJ go facebook live and told the world, "FUCK TRUMP!" and "FUCK WHITE PEOPLE!". Nope, didn't happen. This past autumn, not far from where I live, a group of thugs cornered a 17 yr old kid and pistol-whipped him to the point his skull was turned to mush. Want to know what his crime was? He had the unmitigated gall to announce on his facebook page that all lives, including police lives, matter. Some BLM wannabe activists, aged 18-21, took exception with his opinion and decided that they and they alone were judge, jury, and executioners. Race relations in this country are worse now than I've ever seen, and the POTUS this past eight years has NOT been a conservative.
I don't give a flying fuck if they were non-voters, conservative voters, liberal voters, or radicalized Sikh's in search of a 7-11 looking to get their Slurpee fix. They are violent criminals. That's what I give a fuck about.

So where you live, 4 high school thugs beat the shit out of another high school kid. Race relations are worse than you have ever seen, and the president for the last 8 years was not a conservative Republican, so that's all you need to figure things out?

There was a high school race riot near the end of Reagan's administration, in the same region. No Blue/Black lives matter shit; pretty much just a bunch of white guys saying "Hey, there's more of us than them, let's go beat up some ni**ers". Yet Reagan was a conservative Republican. What conclusion can we draw from this? Pretty much the only one I can draw is that it should have been streamed live on Facebook for maximum impact.

So you never saw a Trump voter do anything like the idiots in the Facebook incident, and you feel there is a case to be made from that... Do you realize Americans are earning a reputation for being incredibly dumbed down, and that this sort of "logic" is the reason why?

You mentioned some of the corporate media in your earlier post, CNN,MSNBC, etc. I think. So who is "etc."? Who is shaping your views? Fox? Clearchannel? Drudge? Breitbart? The_Donald? Or are you just one of those Facebook handwringers?
Granted it's not all one way, but let's not put our collective heads in the sand and pretend it is. If you've seen something from a conservative news site and you know 100% it's false then by all means call that site out. But do not pretend that racism, sexism and every other ism one can come up with are all owned by conservatives and conservatives alone, they're not.
I don't think it is all one way, but it sure effing sounded like you were trying to pretend the exact opposite was true. And out of respect for real liberals and conservatives, I really wish y'all would stick to saying Democrats and Republicans, and let the rest of us have our words back.

The real issue here is that there are some legitimate reasons to be concerned, and all you can see is an opportunity to take an intellectually feeble swipe at the left.

Is this good for race relations? We have been heading towards this for several decades, not 8 years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_United_States
http://www.businessinsider.com/stud...ion-ratio-for-blacks-versus-whites-by-state-1

All the people on the left/right have bought into a big pie of bullshit allright. Pay no mind to the police state your Democrapublican party has built for you. Just put your head back in your appointed patch of partisan sand and wait for the next crisis.

Good way to get the truth in a hurry. Or lies.

Still...just because some people lie doesn't mean you, me, or anyone else should be quick to dismiss other claims. There are some hateful people in this world, and I'm sure plenty of unreported incidents. It really sucks when a victim of...ANYTHING...is told "No, you're just making shit up."

Anyway, I said what I feel, and am not interested in going back and forth with people on here to defend/explain myself for why I (and others) are afraid...or having people on here dispute or dismiss my VALID concerns.

Could someone elaborate on the Ivanka Trump having too much of a role thing? Her presence is something that keeps me hopeful about Trump. She seems really smart, educated, not really conservative, and I would imagine that having a daughter to get input from might keep a misogynist somewhat in check.

having a daughter to get input from might keep a misogynist somewhat in check.

Half the misogynistic shit about him has to do with the creepy way he talks about his daughter, and since she hasn't ever publicly stated anything negative regarding the shit he's said, I don't think that's true at all.

Reactions: Val Vega
These portended ills of yours are exacerbated by Trump being elected POTUS because?

The only hate crimes I've heard about have been towards so-called Trump supporters.
One of my gay high school friends was jumped and beaten almost unrecognizable by three skinheads shouting about Trump. Instances are all over and easy to find, but this was my friend not a "msm lie" or whatever else anyone wants to call the countless reports. It was my dear friends eye swollen shut. It was while camping and thank god a near by camper had a gun and came running to help when he heard the screams.

Yes aggression has been directed the other way but I'm honestly flabbergasted by the statement that those are the ONLY hate crimes you've heard about. I'm not sure how that's even possible.

I have a cousin who is Comanche that had "BUILD THAT WALL" shouted at her in a grocery store over and over because she's brown and they thought she was Mexican. She called my aunt in tears in the car because she was afraid to go back in and buy the yeast Auntie needed for frybread for New Years. Not nearly the same as what happened to @JoleneBrody's friend, but it's pretty relevant. This is someone I went to her eagle feather ceremony last year for her graduation and who I helped bead her graduation cap. It happens.

I have a cousin who is Comanche that had "BUILD THAT WALL" shouted at her in a grocery store over and over because she's brown and they thought she was Mexican. She called my aunt in tears in the car because she was afraid to go back in and buy the yeast Auntie needed for frybread for New Years. Not nearly the same as what happened to @JoleneBrody's friend, but it's pretty relevant. This is someone I went to her eagle feather ceremony last year for her graduation and who I helped bead her graduation cap. It happens.
A very similar thing happened to my friends kids, well the kids her kids were with anyway. A whole group of children walking home from ELEMENTARY school and a man stopped his car in the street and began yelling about building the wall while shouting racial slurs at children! Little elementary school children. I don't even really watch the news, I'm just amazed how much trump charged hate I see in my immediate circle. Thos two aren't even all of them and I don't have very many friends.

And sorry about the derail. I couldn't beat em so I guess I joined...
sigh.

• Wat?!
Reactions: JoleneBrody
Oh. So apparently I can't make even one little post on this forum without people giving me "WTF?!" ratings. Fine.

The word "love". I have listened to a few, including Trump himself, throwing this word around where they ought not. I don't give a fuck if Trump loves America or not. He has been tasked to do a job, not make me feel emotionally secure. Heard the same shit out of some people when Bush2 got elected.

Along with this goes my contempt for the misuse of the word "hate". Specifically in the context of "hate crime". If a homosexual is jumped and beaten to death, a hate crime? Is it somehow worse if it is done because they are homosexual, as opposed to just wanting to rob them or something? The whole thing has struck me for a long time now as an absurdity.

People can despise Reagan/Bush1, then embrace Clinton for advancing the same agenda. Run from Bush2, right into the caring arms of Obama. Or vice versa.

Right now it looks like the fascists have the upper hand. That should terrify anyone who is not a fascist. I don't mean fascists as an insult, I mean that literally.

Thought provoking opinion piece.
http://www.redstate.com/mickeywhite2/2017/01/05/losing-our-way-conservatives-we-have-a-problem/

Reactions: JoleneBrody
Oh. So apparently I can't make even one little post on this forum without people giving me "WTF?!" ratings. Fine.

The word "love". I have listened to a few, including Trump himself, throwing this word around where they ought not. I don't give a fuck if Trump loves America or not. He has been tasked to do a job, not make me feel emotionally secure. Heard the same shit out of some people when Bush2 got elected.

Along with this goes my contempt for the misuse of the word "hate". Specifically in the context of "hate crime". If a homosexual is jumped and beaten to death, a hate crime? Is it somehow worse if it is done because they are homosexual, as opposed to just wanting to rob them or something? The whole thing has struck me for a long time now as an absurdity.

People can despise Reagan/Bush1, then embrace Clinton for advancing the same agenda. Run from Bush2, right into the caring arms of Obama. Or vice versa.

Right now it looks like the fascists have the upper hand. That should terrify anyone who is not a fascist. I don't mean fascists as an insult, I mean that literally.

Thought provoking opinion piece.
http://www.redstate.com/mickeywhite2/2017/01/05/losing-our-way-conservatives-we-have-a-problem/
Hahahaha oh you of all people know I'm joking, the face that goes with WTF is perfect though. :p

One of my gay high school friends was jumped and beaten almost unrecognizable by three skinheads shouting about Trump. Instances are all over and easy to find, but this was my friend not a "msm lie" or whatever else anyone wants to call the countless reports. It was my dear friends eye swollen shut. It was while camping and thank god a near by camper had a gun and came running to help when he heard the screams.

Yes aggression has been directed the other way but I'm honestly flabbergasted by the statement that those are the ONLY hate crimes you've heard about. I'm not sure how that's even possible.

We have a similar thing going on in the UK now post-Brexit. It's as if now that people have learnt that their prejudices are a lot more prevalent than they previously thought, they no longer feel the need to hide them. So, living in a fairly multi-cultural city, hearing racist shit being shouted in the street or hearing about how friends have experienced racist abuse first-hand, etc. is a lot more common than it was even six months ago. It could be coincidence, I guess, but I tend to believe that's not the case.

Could someone elaborate on the Ivanka Trump having too much of a role thing? Her presence is something that keeps me hopeful about Trump. She seems really smart, educated, not really conservative, and I would imagine that having a daughter to get input from might keep a misogynist somewhat in check.

I have nothing against Ivanka Trump. I think that she seems like an intelligent, well-spoken, somewhat centrist woman. The problem arises because the Trumps still have such strong business ties, especially in other countries. About a month ago, Ivanka and Donald Trump attended a meeting together with the Prime Minister of Japan, during which, a licensing agreement between Ivanka Trump's clothing company and Sanei International was taking place in Tokyo. The largest shareholder of Sanei International is owned in full by the Japanese government. Why was Ivanka allowed to sit into this meeting and network with the Japanese Prime Minister, during a business deal with a company that is largely owned BY the Japanese government which she directly profits from? That is a blatant conflict of interest, and I do not expect it to stop during Trump's term in office. This is not even going into the "blind trust" that he put his businesses in with his sons. It's not a blind trust if you sit down for family dinner with the person running the company you want back in 4-8 years. It's inappropriate. There's a lot more I could say about it, but that one example is pretty glaring. The president's children should not be sitting in on meetings with foreign governments, especially if they have business dealings in the country in question. This is a whole lot of corrupt behavior in my opinion.

We are supposed to have protection against a president having conflicts of interest. Part of why America exists is because we thought family shouldn't get special power in government. As much as I think that Ivanka is probably better on social issues than her father, I don't want to pick and choose what corruption is allowable just because I'm hoping she might influence him positively. From where I'm looking at it, I don't want the family of a president influencing policies at all, really, negatively or positively. Because she wasn't elected, he was! I hope this clears up why I said what I said. :)

I have nothing against Ivanka Trump. I think that she seems like an intelligent, well-spoken, somewhat centrist woman. The problem arises because the Trumps still have such strong business ties, especially in other countries. About a month ago, Ivanka and Donald Trump attended a meeting together with the Prime Minister of Japan, during which, a licensing agreement between Ivanka Trump's clothing company and Sanei International was taking place in Tokyo. The largest shareholder of Sanei International is owned in full by the Japanese government. Why was Ivanka allowed to sit into this meeting and network with the Japanese Prime Minister, during a business deal with a company that is largely owned BY the Japanese government which she directly profits from? That is a blatant conflict of interest, and I do not expect it to stop during Trump's term in office. This is not even going into the "blind trust" that he put his businesses in with his sons. It's not a blind trust if you sit down for family dinner with the person running the company you want back in 4-8 years. It's inappropriate. There's a lot more I could say about it, but that one example is pretty glaring. The president's children should not be sitting in on meetings with foreign governments, especially if they have business dealings in the country in question. This is a whole lot of corrupt behavior in my opinion.

We are supposed to have protection against a president having conflicts of interest. Part of why America exists is because we thought family shouldn't get special power in government. As much as I think that Ivanka is probably better on social issues than her father, I don't want to pick and choose what corruption is allowable just because I'm hoping she might influence him positively. From where I'm looking at it, I don't want the family of a president influencing policies at all, really, negatively or positively. Because she wasn't elected, he was! I hope this clears up why I said what I said. :)
Do you remember which source you heard it from? Not to cast doubt, genuinely curious.

The nepotism angle concerned me when Trump suggested it months ago. Mainly because it indicated an open lack of respect for boundaries.The corruption/conflict of interest is disturbing too, but it is laughable to worry about it this late in the game, and disingenuous to think this is a Trump (or Repub/Dem/Hillary/Obama/Bush) issue.

I don't want to sound like I am trying to diminish your concerns; to the contrary. But is this really any worse than what has gone on with the Bush or Clinton dynasties? Is this meeting in Japan more disturbing than Obama appointing Hillary as Secretary of State?

It may be the justice, the democracy, the patriotism, the freedoms we have are, to a large degree, illusory. Easy to believe in Rome when we are well fed; when we are hungry, we may well clamor for the flesh of fallen gladiators.

We now return to your regularly scheduled programming...

Status
Not open for further replies.