AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Trump Presidency Prediction Time Capsule Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

I believe that Donald Trump's presidency will have a __________ affect on the United States & world.

• Very positive

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Somewhat positive

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Very small/neutral

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Slightly negative

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Very negative

Votes: 42 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
I'm gonna guess a little after that, I think he'll want to try to stick it out until his anniversary of winning the election, so that he can crow again about how he won over Crooked Hillary™ and how he's so awesome but this is too hard and Melania won't move here so he quits; here have Pence.

I don't see him quitting unless it looks he'll be in impeached and that could take a while.

Reactions: zippypinhead
I'm gonna guess a little after that, I think he'll want to try to stick it out until his anniversary of winning the election, so that he can crow again about how he won over Crooked Hillary™ and how he's so awesome but this is too hard and Melania won't move here so he quits; here have Pence.
I don't think the anniversary of his win means that much to him. He crows about his win and big it was every other day. I don't believe he cares about Melania moving here as long as Ivanka is in the White House to boost his ego.

I don't think Pence is a garden variety Republican. He's pretty unpopular even among his peers. They probably see him as someone they were willing to unload on Trump as collateral damage. His career won't survive Trump. His bets are hedged on the possibility of Presidency.

(1)I think that, given his age and what we already know, we probably won't have a lot of Clintonesque investigations about sexual misconduct or inhaling (paid by the taxpayer). I guess he can still be scrutinized for money stuff, but I doubt he is taking donations (being a rich guy and all). Maybe his investments will come in to play. (2)Who is to say if he goes all paranoid and declares war on a country because the might have wmd's? One would think he (and his peoples) learned from the past. Not sure how much clinton and obama played in wars overseas based upon oil need. (3) Not sure if they even tried to deal humanitarian conflicts. I suspect trump won't be sending peoples to save ethnic minorities around the world. (4)He will also spend less time golfing than past presidents. (5)Maybe fewer vacations too.

Jeez, I was wrong about a ton.

1) Investigating Trump seems like a thing. Not sure if it is a part of their job or if they get special tax payer money to investigate, but while there isn't a lot of sexual investigating going on, people are looking at Trump and a Russia connection. Money well spent? I don't know. I guess it is good to look at stuff like we have never before. But it costs money and it provides jobs. If he did do something wrong I would want to know. Hell, Kennedy did the Bay of Pigs thing and Reagan did the Iran Contra stuff and there were tons of horrible things done in central and south America in the name of corporations with little or no investigations. Only later do we read about the lives lost of the peoples that might have not been democratic (which seems wrong because imagine a big country supporting death squads and breaking in to your house because you didn't believe the same ideology). I kinda like politicians being investigated even though there is a cost because it makes them not Godly (like Reagan seemed to be).

2) I hope he doesn't do something weird with North Korea. Didn't hear much about a North Korean menace during Obama's tenure as president. I always saw them as a joke of a country because President Obama must have did something that made them not too newsworthy to the average citizen. How could they all of a sudden have nuclear weapons (I remember them trying but failing during Obama)? (cool view about north Korean transit system which leads to how messed up their minds are because they are sooooo relegated: http://www.earthnutshell.com/stoppi...urce=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link )

3) I thought he wasn't going to deal with humanitarian conflicts. So, when he bombs Syria after the gas attack (I know, I know, it is politics and he's doing something to appease a certain group) I thought that was odd. I was under the impression that he would turn a blind eye to a government doing bad things to a minority, but it was my thought that he would ignore the oppressed people being killed by governments. I was just shocked that he actually did anything (even if it was too much or not enough).

4 and 5) He really really really is not true to his word on these. Costs the tax payers a lot of money. Just for his lifestyle it is a major bill. I remember him saying when he was running that he would be working. I don't think he understands how much work it takes to be a president (especially at his age). I couldn't have been more wrong on this prediction. It is absurd the amount of money it costs for him to golf or go to mar a lago. What a waste.

Anyway, I just wanted to share with everyone how I don't know anything about what will happen in politics even though it is less than a year of the current president being in office. It was fun to make predictions, but, WOW, I couldn't have been more wrong.

I went back and re-read the thread. (Kitsune and her crazy messy desk theories was the funniest part)
I knew Trump's presidency would be a shit storm, but even I didn't anticipate just how much shit would flying not 4 months into the presidency. It feels like it's been a year.

I'm also amazed at the sheer incompetence of the administration that can't do anything right from travel bans to meeting with the Russian foreign minister, to firing people. Firing people is the one thing I figured Trump could do well.

The good news is I believe that firing Comey is the end of the beginning of the Trump presidency. After the initial couple of months of shock as Trump broke every rule, the country's strong democratic institutions are fighting back, just like our bodies immune system kick in to fight an infection. The courts are stopping most of his most outrageous orders. Congress ignored all of his budget requests. Republican no longer fear Trump, and soon more and more will be viewing him as a huge liability they need to move away from.

It is possible he gets impeached, but unless he did something really blatantly illegal in Russia I doubt it. I think he basically going just be a lame duck president, powerless in most ways.
Although, the fact he has the nuclear launch codes will scare the shit out of me as long as he is in office.

• Helpful!
Reactions: n_i_c_u and ramblin
After the initial couple of months of shock as Trump broke every rule, the country's strong democratic institutions are fighting back, just like our bodies immune system kick in to fight an infection.
No fan of Trump, don't get me wrong.

Strong democratic institutions is just not what I see though. Looks like the whole thing is a complete shit show from all sides.

I was very suspicious that Trump was controlled opposition during the election. I still haven't completely shaken that. Hillary popping back up with her new PAC hasn't helped.

What is being fought? The brand of Trump? The whole thing just seems like style over substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.