AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Trump Presidency Prediction Time Capsule Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

I believe that Donald Trump's presidency will have a __________ affect on the United States & world.

• Very positive

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Somewhat positive

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Very small/neutral

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Slightly negative

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Very negative

Votes: 42 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will explain another time when i have more time... Just stopped by today to post this for maybe kitsune see this cause i miss her.

• Hugs
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Trump is wonderful President. Kept all promises so far.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2017/03/03/us/ap-us-trump-keystone.html

Oh, wait. This is the NY Times, so it can't be true. Never mind.

PALM BEACH, Fla. — The Keystone XL oil pipeline won't have to use American steel in its construction, despite what President Donald Trump says.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Friday that's due to language in a presidential directive Trump issued in January. The directive applies to new pipelines or those under repair. Sanders said it would be hard to do an about-face on Keystone because it's already under construction and the steel has been acquired.

The order says states that new, expanded or repaired pipelines in the U.S. must use U.S. steel "to the maximum extent possible" and allowed by law. That's not an all-USA mandate.

Trump said as recently as last week that Keystone and the Dakota Access pipeline must use American steel "or we're not building one."

TransCanada, the company building Keystone, has said the majority of steel in the pipeline would be from North America, which includes Canada and Mexico.

Trump used his executive powers shortly after taking office to revive the two pipeline projects that had been blocked by President Barack Obama.

The Keystone pipeline would run from Canada to refineries in the Gulf Coast. The Dakota Access line would move North Dakota oil to Illinois, and that project is nearly complete.

In this thread and/or the previous "who are you voting for" thread, there was some discussion wondering how people on opposite sides of the political spectrum could maintain opposite or incompatible "interpretations" of the same factual information. I've never read a satisfactory explanation of this. My own tendency has been to label it political "tribalism," but that's just a label, not an explanation.

This article--Why Facts Don't Change Our Minds-- in the February 27, 2017 New Yorker, is the first explanation that really makes sense to me. The article describes several quite clever psychological experiments, and interprets the results in the light of human evolutionary theory. In a nutshell, humans evolved in hunter-gather groups where it was advantageous for individuals to maintain cooperative relationships with others in the group. This entailed giving up some self-sufficiency by relying on others to perform certain vital tasks (i.e., division of labor, specialization). One example of this division of labor is trusting the leader(s)' construal of reality or view of political and religious questions.

We all do this, even now. In the modern age, we tend to see ourselves as individual actors who determine our own ways of looking at the world, when we're really just as tribal--though in a different way--as our prehistoric ancestors.

If you're a podcast junkie and are interested in an intelligent conservative critique of Trump, give these a listen. Also, David Frum's Twitter feed is quite active and informative, and well worth following....

Interview by Sam Harris (author of The End of Faith, Letter to a Christian Nation, Waking Up, Islam and the Future of Tolerance)
We’re All Cucks Now: A Conversation with David Frum

Interview by The Federalist: David Frum On Autocracy, Healthcare, And Predicting President Trump

Interview by Laura Leishman

Interview by David Remnick of the New Yorker: Opposing the Trump Administration

He will become frustrated with his inability to secure funding for the wall from Mexico, and he will change his catch fraze from we will make the Mexicans pay for it to, we will build it out of Mexicans.

Another great podcast to recommend: Sam Harris interviews Anne Applebaum about Trump, Russian interference in elections, and coordinated disinformation campaigns (aka fake news).

Anne Applebaum is an American born, Polish citizen scholar who has immersed herself in the politics of Eastern Europe (aka Soviet/Russian sphere of influence). In the podcast, she repeatedly made the point that the Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. elections was immediately recognizable to her at the time, since the same patterns of interference had already occurred many times in Eastern Europe and more recently in Western Europe. The U.S. was complacent.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Regardless of how you feel about his policies, surely most people must be able to see how quickly he's become a worldwide joke? Just the things he says and how defensive he gets when his ego gets attacked. It has been mentioned that he's a troll, but he's that troll that's so easy and fun for people to play with... But never stops!
I really enjoyed the tiny hands thing. Not because the joke itself was particularly funny, but his responses crack me up.
The "alternative facts" thing was pretty good too...
It's not that I don't find him a little terrifying that he has so much power. He legitimately has every symptom of a psychopath/narcissist, which is unsurprising as people for some reason idolize a lot of those traits which so many people in power have. There is a reason psychologists want to diagnose him. For now though it's definitely more fun to giggle at him than fear him.

Did anybody have "THIS ANTI-GLOBALIST/ESTABLISHMENT SHITE IS ALL A CON" ?

Here's a quick smattering of what Trump had to say about the scourge of globalism before this week:

• Accepting the nomination at the RNC: "Americanism, not globalism, will be our credo."
  • “We will no longer surrender this country or its people to the false song of globalism,” Trump promised during a speech in Washington on April 26, 2016.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat..._says_he_s_a_nationalist_and_a_globalist.html

So who predicted "THIS IS TOO HARD" four months in?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...=twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=twitter

"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," Trump told Reuters in an interview. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

Hahahaha omg we are all doomed. :rofl:
Right? Also the facepalm was for the content, not you. It's absolutely ridiculous that the man leading our country is this fucking stupid.

The only positive thing he has done is to help orchestrate the release of that aid worker. Which is awesome and all but dude still sucks so far.

It's absolutely ridiculous that the man leading our country is this fucking stupid.

Maybe he will suddenly discover the need to spend more time with his family (back in New York).

I honestly can't make up my mind whether it's better to have Trump or Pence as president. With Trump ("better the devil you know..."), I've got calluses on my forehead from constant facepalming. OTOH, he's not getting much done. If Pence were president, the Republicans would be much more productive, to the great detriment of the nation.

Maybe he will suddenly discover the need to spend more time with his family (back in New York).

I honestly can't make up my mind whether it's better to have Trump or Pence as president. With Trump ("better the devil you know..."), I've got calluses on my forehead from constant facepalming. OTOH, he's not getting much done. If Pence were president, the Republicans would be much more productive, to the great detriment of the nation.
I think I'd rather have Pence at this point. As evil and horrifying as Pence is...I don't think he'd get us into a nuclear war with N. Korea. At least not on a whim. Or unless his backers have a more pressing need for Korea's Zinc or Tungsten than I realize. Ugh.

I'm sad to say I think our best hope is just to have both Pence and Trump magically wiped out and land with Ryan. Hate the dude, but he's a little more stable than the other 2 and cares more about how he comes off. I feel gross just rooting for him at all.

Somebody has to stand up to and put a halt to the crap Bashar al-Assad & Putin are doing, not to mention the little lunatic in Norklandia and the la la land of Iran that has been secretly building up their nuclear capability. The Brits had a major hand in creating the turmoil in the middle-east so they need to step up with all they have imho.

• Helpful!
Reactions: JickyJuly
They're keeping Pence away from all of the insanity, as much as they can, for the inevitable catastrophic blowback from this shitshow. I can only hope that, before he's ousted, the incompetent daughterluster doesn't blunder his way into a war with China with all this desperate diversionary saber rattling of late.

At any rate, I'm out. In a few weeks, I'm headed for the mountains to escape this insanity, and I don't think I'll be coming back anytime soon.

July 6 2017.

That is so specific that I'm wondering if there's a reason why.

The only thing I can figure is that two days after the Fourth of the July, the nation will have been reeling with the realization that they don't actually have any national pride.

That is so specific that I'm wondering if there's a reason why.

The only thing I can figure is that two days after the Fourth of the July, the nation will have been reeling with the realization that they don't actually have any national pride.
Ok, so I figure trump is laying the groundwork for resigning with his, "this is hard" comment. But his ego will make him want to be pres on Independence Day...but also he wants to take off in time to have a long weekend. It'll also give Pence a chance to pardon trump and company while people are out doing shit.

I think I'd rather have Pence at this point. As evil and horrifying as Pence is...I don't think he'd get us into a nuclear war with N. Korea. At least not on a whim. Or unless his backers have a more pressing need for Korea's Zinc or Tungsten than I realize. Ugh.

Pence is just your garden variety conservative Republican. The country would survive him. Having an orangutan in the Oval office (my apologies to orangutans, evidently they have empathy) with buttons labeled start a trade war, start a war with Russia,, NUKE SHIT, fuck up the economy, destroy the healthcare system is just crazy dangerous. I know there some adults in the room, that hopefully make hard it to push the buttons. But you also have crazies, like Bannon covering the buttons with chocolate covered bananas.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Osmia
Status
Not open for further replies.