AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Trump Presidency Prediction Time Capsule Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

I believe that Donald Trump's presidency will have a __________ affect on the United States & world.

• Very positive

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Somewhat positive

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Very small/neutral

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Slightly negative

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Very negative

Votes: 42 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the purpose of the hate crimes title was to add extra protection for victims that a jury might otherwise see as lesser... ie disabled, minority, gay? If that's the case,the prosecutor's perception of the crime would be what mattered.

USA will have more respect around the world. Economy will improve. USA and Russia will have the best relationship ever. There will be protests and clashes by random groups not happy that welfare not easy to get and finally some will have to get jobs. (this will be disguised as against racism or whatever sounds politically correct and just some really violent stuff may happen here and there but eventually it will calm down and ppl will be happier cause will be more jobs and oportunities thanks ti trump )Wall will be build faster than some think because trump when he promises he delivers and yeah he will get elected second term. After initial crashes and stuff overall mood in the country will improve. There will be more jobs. There will be more patriotism.Something effective will be done bout the giant mistake obamacare. There is more but is what came to mind now.

Last edited:
I thought the purpose of the hate crimes title was to add extra protection for victims that a jury might otherwise see as lesser... ie disabled, minority, gay? If that's the case,the prosecutor's perception of the crime would be what mattered.

Yeah, a case can be argued as whether it was a bias crime or not, it actually goes further than just the individual. For it to be a bias crime it must also create harm to the overall community that the person is classified as being in. So the individual who is harmed doesn't even have to be "lesser" or a "minority" hate crime charges could actually be laid in white bashing, which rarely happens because of the community aspect of the crime that has to be proven.

I think you are all confused on what a hate crime is and what would constitute one.

http://ejce.berkeley.edu/report-incident/what-hate-crime

This covers what a hate crime is thoroughly. To quote the LA AG, "A criminal act or attempted criminal act against an individual or group of individuals because of their actual or perceived race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, or disability."

Reactions: ExcellaExe
USA will have more respect around the world. Economy will improve. USA and Russia will have the best relationship ever. There will be protests and clashes by random groups not happy that welfare not easy to get and finally some will have to get jobs. (this will be disguised as against racism or whatever sounds politically correct and just some really violent stuff may happen here and there but eventually it will calm down and ppl will be happier cause will be more jobs and oportunities thanks ti trump )Wall will be build faster than some think because trump when he promises he delivers and yeah he will get elected second term. After initial crashes and stuff overall mood in the country will improve. There will be more jobs. There will be more patriotism.Something effective will be done bout the giant mistake obamacare. There is more but is what came to mind now.
Dang. Well, there go our obamaphones....

I think you are all confused on what a hate crime is and what would constitute one.

This covers what a hate crime is thoroughly. To quote the LA AG, "A criminal act or attempted criminal act against an individual or group of individuals because of their actual or perceived race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, or disability."

Not to throw the discussion but...
I was paraphrasing title 18 section 249 of the actual code.

Paraphrasing is the wrong word. Maybe I should say digging into my legal studies brain cells and recalling.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Val Vega

Which is exactly the definition I posted earlier "The act defines hate crimes as “crimes that manifest evidence of prejudice based on race, gender or gender identity, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or ethnicity.” "
Not all hate crimes are reported to the police, nor do prosecutors elect to prosecute all potential hate crimes as hate crimes. Which is why Victims Crime Survey is the broadest possible measure of hate crimes. That rate is low 1% of all crimes and less than 1 per thousand being a victim of crime. So while I agree that Trump Presidency is likely to make racial bigotry more acceptable, and that would be awful. Compared to all the other awful things that could happen in Trump presidency (from nuclear war, to economic chaos, or a Putin style authoritative regime etc) a spike in hate crimes doesn't seem that bad.

How will anyone know? Where are you going to hear about it if it does happen?

Asking this in all seriousness.

Make no mistake, the alphabet networks (CNN, MSNBC, etc) will be all over it even if it never actually happens. Remember the Muslim chick that supposedly had her hajib yanked off by some mean white Trump supporters? Bad white guys, bad! But it never actually happened; eventually the poor girl admitted she made the whole thing up and used her religion as an excuse to hide her actions from her own parents.

Or the black church in Mississippi that was burned and had TRUMP spray painted on it? Well that had to be the Klan that did that, right? Abso-fuckin-lootly! according to the alphabet networks. It was the "deplorable's" that Hilldawg and Billy C warned everyone about! A Trump win in the election led to that shit! They told us it would happen, right? Ummmm no. Come to find our it was a member of that black church that spray painted and torched it. I mean up until it was actually proven that both the hajib yanking and the church burning were hoaxes EVERYONE on the left of the political spectrum claimed racism and hate crimes.

Y'all want to know what's going to happen Jan. 21st? My prediction: 2 weeks from today, one day after DJT is sworn is as the 45th president of the U.S., the sun will come up, you will go about your lives, and nobody is going to be snatched up from their homes and deported. Everything you've read and believed and have been told by the left and the progressives will again be proven false. One day some of those people who have been taken in by that side's agenda will wake up and admit that everything they've been fed is a whole pie of bullshit.

Y'all actually believe hate crimes will increase? Really? Only if y'all commit them.

Compared to all the other awful things that could happen in Trump presidency (from nuclear war, to economic chaos, or a Putin style authoritative regime etc) a spike in hate crimes doesn't seem that bad.

It doesn't seem bad to you because you're probably not one of the people it will affect. Good for you! For those of us that it will, we're a little worried and rightly so.

One day some of those people who have been taken in by that side's agenda will wake up and admit that everything they've been fed is a whole pie of bullshit.

Y'all actually believe hate crimes will increase? Really? Only if y'all commit them.

How does the Koolaid that Trump sold you taste? It isn't yellow because it is lemon, I'll tell you that much.

So you are seriously going to try to undermine and downplay the experiences of minorities by citing two faked incidents? Among the countless incidents of hate crimes out there and all the bigotry that goes unreported and unacknowledged, you are going to just act like those two incidents totally invalidate everything else? I've been accosted numerous times for being trans. I've been sexually assaulted for being one. I never went to the police nor did I ever report it to any organization. What's the point when dealing with the police can be disastrous if you're not a regular ol' white man?

Just speaking for LGBT people, Trump and the GOP have shown every intention of massively curtailing our rights. He, along with his VP and the GOP at large, have signaled they want to federally legislate the "Religious Freedom Restoration Act," which would allow uncheckered discrimination against LGBT people across all facets of life. And they fully intend on rolling back any of the executive orders that led to the protection of people based on sexual orientation or gender. They also want to overturn Obergefell v. Hodges and allow states to once again decide on the issue of same-sex marriage. We already know how that is going to go in states that are majority Republican.

There were nooses hung on the church my husband attends pretty recently. They didn't report it or anything. Most churches aren't going to want that kind of attention, but this shit is happening whether you think so or not. Their church isn't even all black. It's mostly white bikers with a smattering of old Jamaican women.

Many of my friends live in areas that are not friendly to non-whites, non-christians, or non-cishets. Someone very close to me has already had death threats since the election coupled with remarks like, "trump will help us purge the country of people like you".

I am worried I will hear about these statistically insignificant crimes through teary phone calls of loved ones telling me someone I care about is in the hospital or dead.

Many of my friends live in areas that are not friendly to non-whites, non-christians, or non-cishets. Someone very close to me has already had death threats since the election coupled with remarks like, "trump will help us purge the country of people like you".

I am worried I will hear about these statistically insignificant crimes through teary phone calls of loved ones telling me someone I care about is in the hospital or dead.
This is the sort of thing I was wondering. Whether you and ole what's-her-name were going off corporate media drivel or things you've been seeing personally. Seen some graffiti myself, disturbing, but maybe just idiotic teenagers trying to be cute.

I agree with @eyeteach about the corporate media stirring things up. Both by a constant bombardment of reporting the crimes when they happen, and then a further provoking of outrage with a complete dismissal of it's importance by the opposing side.

Sort of like he did with his crude and ignorant dismissal here.
Very reminiscent of the garbage I run across from the right wing propaganda outlets.

USA will have more respect around the world.

LOL. I don't wish to sound rude, that's just funny. The USA lacked respect from other countries for so many reasons, but it's pretty obvious since we elected Trump our popularity with the rest of the world has tanked significantly.

Personally, I don't think anything hugely catastrophic will happen directly from Trump. It's more how there are people who seemed to be under the impression that his presidency means that they have the right to attack the LGBT groups and anyone who isn't white. Hell, even people who are getting attacked for being Trump supporters, or perceived Trump supporters.

I guess I'm just crossing my fingers that something positive may happen, either from him or him being impeached.

I'm mostly worried what will happen to my people and our reservation systems. There's already talk of more land grabs.

I'm mostly worried what will happen to my people and our reservation systems. There's already talk of more land grabs.

And we have already seen how little regard the incoming group has for things like DAPL and its impact on native peoples. Excella has every reason to fear for worse in this regard.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I really don't want to be a Bossy Bummer Betty but this thread started on such an awesome foot following the kind request of the OP to keep it debate free so that it can retain it's purpose as a time capsule and be easily revisited... and it's going off. Maybe another thread could be started for ya'lls discussion?

@justjoinedtopost, those were NOT conservative voters that kidnapped and tortured that 18 year old in Chicago. Honestly, I've never encountered anyone that voted for DTJ go facebook live and told the world, "FUCK TRUMP!" and "FUCK WHITE PEOPLE!". Nope, didn't happen. This past autumn, not far from where I live, a group of thugs cornered a 17 yr old kid and pistol-whipped him to the point his skull was turned to mush. Want to know what his crime was? He had the unmitigated gall to announce on his facebook page that all lives, including police lives, matter. Some BLM wannabe activists, aged 18-21, took exception with his opinion and decided that they and they alone were judge, jury, and executioners. Race relations in this country are worse now than I've ever seen, and the POTUS this past eight years has NOT been a conservative.

Granted it's not all one way, but let's not put our collective heads in the sand and pretend it is. If you've seen something from a conservative news site and you know 100% it's false then by all means call that site out. But do not pretend that racism, sexism and every other ism one can come up with are all owned by conservatives and conservatives alone, they're not.

I should have made a post sooner, I got busy though. I don't know what will happen, none of us do, but this is a pretty general prediction that has gone through my mind.

One thing that stands out to me, is that I think there's a very good possibility that if Trump is impeached it will be because of his relationship with Ivanka. Not necessarily because of a weird incestuous thing (or, not entirely, I should say) but because it seems that he can't NOT have conflicts of interest. He can't keep his kids out of his business, and I think that will become a problem. I think Ivanka will play an inappropriately large role in the next 4 years.

I chuckle at how many Trump supporters (Not on here, but on Facebook and even YouTube comments) I've seen tell people "You crybaby liberals should go run to your safe space, and get over it." And it's the same ones who bitched and bitched throughout the 8 years of President Obama in office. Funny. Maybe they should be telling the orange dude to run to his safe space, since he seems to lose his damn mind every time someone pokes fun at him. LOL.

How will anyone know? Hate crimes will happen, no matter who the next president is. We can't blame Trump for every hate crime, but the problem is that I can imagine some of the bad apples of the (Trump) bunch thinking they are untouchable now, and thinking they can get away with more since they're feeling all victorious and whatnot. That is what's scary.
To sort of answer your "How will anyone know?" question...it will be obvious when thugs (Yeah, I said thugs...) are doing shit like threatening innocent people while - in the same sentence - yelling "GO BACK WHERE YA CAME FROM!!! TRUMP GON' MAKE 'MERICA GREAT AGIN!!!" See, for some folks, committing the hateful act itself isn't enough...they also have to yell out dumb shit at you to let you know who they're "representing."

Where will we hear about it? With how fast things go viral nowadays, don't be surprised if you find things on Facebook and/or Twitter from people sharing their personal experiences.

I do hope I'm wrong, "worried about nothing," and that Trump ends up shocking many of us and ends up doing a fantastic job as president. Lol.

Compared to all the other awful things that could happen in Trump presidency (from nuclear war, to economic chaos, or a Putin style authoritative regime etc) a spike in hate crimes doesn't seem that bad.

The family members of the victim(s) may feel differently.

At the moment, I'm most worried about Planned Parenthood. I have no idea what Trump is going to do, but I'm imagining a future where abortion rights are revoked and I'm terrified.

And that's only just abortion. Planned Parenthood provides so many vital services to communities across the country. I actually started hormone replacement therapy at a PP in Asheville.

Status
Not open for further replies.