AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The 90's project

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2016
Twitter Username
@Danepstein1
A friend of mine just asked for my help in selecting and editing songs for his ongoing 90's project Internet radio show. After a few hours of encountering a surprising diversity of Dance, Grunge, alternative Rock, and some of the funniest videos ever, I thought we could use a 90's music thread.
@SaffronBurke , loop in and contribute.
My first post is a cute melody, and since I'm tired of videos, I decided to go for audio only:

I expect the Backstreet Boys to float here very soon :)

Dual nomination for industrial with Nine Inch Nails and old country Johnny Cash with "Hurt" 1995/2002 - close enough, yeah?

Arista is so behind the times allowing their content on YouTube it still ends up in covers. Here's a fun 90's country anthem for us who grew up on dirt roads. Don't recognize it? No worries, it's not "known 90s country" today. Little of what is known now was played then.

Equally quaint lyrics from LL Cool J at the dawn of commercial rap in 1990.

Meanwhile NWA were Straight out of Compton back in 88.

How narrow is he on the year of release vs the impact of the album?

Reactions: Gen and Dan Epstein
Dual nomination for industrial with Nine Inch Nails and old country Johnny Cash with "Hurt" 1995/2002 - close enough, yeah?

Arista is so behind the times allowing their content on YouTube it still ends up in covers. Here's a fun 90's country anthem for us who grew up on dirt roads. Don't recognize it? No worries, it's not "known 90s country" today. Little of what is known now was played then.

Equally quaint lyrics from LL Cool J at the dawn of commercial rap in 1990.

Meanwhile NWA were Straight out of Compton back in 88.

How narrow is he on the year of release vs the impact of the album?

This gives me another idea, of a back to back to back thread, you'd be surprised with how much Herbie Hancock, Isley Bros, and Led Zeppelin we're sampled with every day...

We'll have a back to back thread soon :)
The 90's were a time of so many one hit wonders. People tend think the the millennials are a one night stand generation, when in fact those who were teenagers in the 90's had zero to little patience for someone to sell an album, or go on tour, or even have an Instagram profile. This was their first and last hit, and it does not contain the Amen Break....

Who hasn't had a fun time playing "Spot Tupac" with this video?

And my favorite song by Rap Jesus:

And if you had a pulse in the 90's, you just couldn't not love Shania.

Okay, it's time for the hardcore 90's. Long before he became a Scorcese side-kick, there was a guy called Mark E. Mark. See if you can tell who he is today....This is not the faint of heart:)

Anybody who scrolls this thread in a week time is gonna start a house party!

One of the most played songs of the 90's (an amazing message of hope "watching the world wake up from history"):

Also, one band that really did well in the 90's:

Last edited:
What, no Metallica? They went top 40 early in that decade with the catchy "Enter Sandman" and remained relevant at the close of the decade through lawsuits.

The meaning of this track was in question, the jaded took it as cashing in on money. Others think it's a love ballad.

I still prefer KISS to Metallica, their songs are fun and enjoyable, or heartbreaking such as Peter Criss's "Beth"

Trying to play in this 90's music thread, but I just don't know much after 92.

The year is 2010, I'm closing up the bar after a tedious Friday night shift at 4 am, I literally play a plastic CD with a 90's closing time play list. Just then, a group of drunk Austrians come in for a beer, humming to this song. We went home at 9 am, full of tips, chasers, and crazy jokes. Enjoy and laugh your face off :)

The year is 1992, My brothers and I are late for school again, the reason: We had to play this song 3 times in a row and jump around the room and miss the school bus.
I can't listen to a full album by them, but some of their songs as a stand alone are a gift to the groove. The careful ear will notice just how deeply rooted in funk they are.

The year is 1992, "Give it Away Now" came and went as quick as Pharrell Williams' "Happy", For me the summer anthem of that year was from The Fresh Prince, not Flea. Sorry man, it wasn't a big deal here.

And then the Chili Peppers really hit and stayed with "Under the Bridge"

This is when they transitioned from shock rock to mainstream and MTV played them endlessly. This was also when MTV started with reality programming so playing things endlessly didn't bother management.

1993, moved out of student housing, had cable, blocked MTV.

The year is 1992, "Give it Away Now" came and went as quick as Pharrell Williams' "Happy", For me the summer anthem of that year was from The Fresh Prince, not Flea. Sorry man, it wasn't a big deal here.

And then the Chili Peppers really hit and stayed with "Under the Bridge"

This is when they transitioned from shock rock to mainstream and MTV played them endlessly. This was also when MTV started with reality programming so playing things endlessly didn't bother management.

1993, moved out of student housing, had cable, blocked MTV.

Did you just give me the Uncle Carl throwing away Jazzy Jeff Maneuver?

I watched that show in syndication, funny stuff, but yeah Uncle Carl is my fav.
RIP James LaRue Avery, pour a little out for him.

Hey wait. Did we entirely forget "Boys to Men"? Motown Philly was 1991 with the unforgettable

Status
Not open for further replies.