AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

So... i finally decide to give Streamate a try, and im wondering since it has been extremely slow for me, (today i only made $3 literally), how important is the look of the room? i may be overthinking this and maybe its just slow because of the holidays, and me being new attracting a lot of scammers, but boy i see the other models rooms and they are gorgeous! the lightning is amazing! and sadly mine looks as a member said earlier like "a Russian guetto" lol, i can't do much about it cos this is a very old house, but maybe i invest my first earnings in some nice pillows or something, do you girls think that the room is something that could make a huge difference? i mean, mine is not horrible either, but definitely not so colorful and pretty

I've cammed on Streamate, always at desk sitting in a chair, but with my background being:
a bed with a bookshelf headboard, usually pretty cluttered
a curtain I sewed and put on a photography backdrop frame
Just my bedroom wall and door

Simple and uncluttered works best, with quality lighting making the biggest difference. A cheap set of umbrella lights instantly upgrades your lighting situation.

Upvote 0
So... i finally decide to give Streamate a try, and im wondering since it has been extremely slow for me, (today i only made $3 literally), how important is the look of the room? i may be overthinking this and maybe its just slow because of the holidays, and me being new attracting a lot of scammers, but boy i see the other models rooms and they are gorgeous! the lightning is amazing! and sadly mine looks as a member said earlier like "a Russian guetto" lol, i can't do much about it cos this is a very old house, but maybe i invest my first earnings in some nice pillows or something, do you girls think that the room is something that could make a huge difference? i mean, mine is not horrible either, but definitely not so colorful and pretty

From a member's perspective, I find a room which is uncluttered, decently lit, and what I would say a room I would normally hang out in in person is where I would tend to stay. that being said, if I get along with the person, find them interesting, etc. that can override the desire to leave such a room

Happy to hear you decided to take the plunge. I've never been on Streamate, but hope you can do well as time goes on.

Upvote 0
Anyone see any 30% bonus earning on their payouts this week? Idk if it’s supposed to be this pay period or next.... ? I had a hard time interpreting the news article thing on Streamate

What I'm reading says it'll be added to THIS week's earnings. So whatever you earned between 12/17-12/23 will be added to your earnings for the week ending on 12/30. At least I think.../hope, cuz that'd be $300 for me.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AlyssaMichelle
Upvote 0
What I'm reading says it'll be added to THIS week's earnings. So whatever you earned between 12/17-12/23 will be added to your earnings for the week ending on 12/30. At least I think.../hope, cuz that'd be $300 for me.
Okay that makes more sense.... idk why I have such a hard time understanding their news lol

Upvote 0
I am a model on MFC and have been having a really hard time on there I have a low cam score and have trouble keeping people in my room and I am considering trying streammate as well and this forum is helping me to decide if it will be the right move but I am still really unsure. MFC is great for tickets to things like the AVNS and other sex events does stream mate have anything like this and what about something similar to MFC share for videos and such not that I have been successful with those. Any advice would be appreciated

Upvote 0
@angelicaskye2

mrrNiTU.gif

Can always do an hour or two on one then switch. Good way to build a following and decide which site you prefer. That's what I did.

Upvote 0
You could even do a month on sm then go back if you prefer mfc, if your score is low nd you dont have regs then you have nothing to lose, if you do have regs they might follow you xx

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Upvote 0
ughhhh so I can't seem to figure it out how can I get Twitter followers when I cam exclusively on Streamate? I do have a Manyvids but I don't get a good amount of Traffic since it really has no publicity. Any tips? I post consistently on Twitter but I only have 40 followers.

Upvote 0
ughhhh so I can't seem to figure it out how can I get Twitter followers when I cam exclusively on Streamate? I do have a Manyvids but I don't get a good amount of Traffic since it really has no publicity. Any tips? I post consistently on Twitter but I only have 40 followers.

Following other models and interacting with them is one of the best approaches.

Upvote 0

I honest to god get most of my followers from other models retweeting me and following me. I barely have followers myself but I'll make note to follow you.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
@AlyssaMichelle A big thing for streamate members finding you on twitter is consistency. Since your picture and posted name are different than your streamate name they might not realize that it's you even if they manage to google you. They're not always the smartest. Even with my google skills it took me a sec to find you because there are several AlyssaMichelle type names as well as several of your SM name. There's even one with your SM name that also has their name listed as Ali and they already have near 2000 followers so her account might be grabbing the attention of people looking for you. So, first, start tweeting when you get online on SM as well as any special shows/deals you're offering that day on cam. It's against the rules to share your twitter info when you're on cam but it's not against the rules to tweet your link and such when you're online. Basically, you can take Streamate to twitter but you can't take twitter to streamate.

You currently only have 25 tweets and those look like they're mostly MV related. Tweeting about SM will, at the very least, let members know they've found the right account if they search for you. You can also include accounts like StreamateModels in your tweets that you're online and that should help get the attention of other SM users. Also, diversify your tweets a little. It doesn't have to be all business all the time, let a bit of your personality shine through. A lot of members will follow and then unfollow a model if it seems like the only thing they post is adverts. A lot of it is a waiting game though. The first couple hundred twitter followers are hard to get but after that you start getting them a bit faster.

Upvote 0
@AlyssaMichelle A big thing for streamate members finding you on twitter is consistency. Since your picture and posted name are different than your streamate name they might not realize that it's you even if they manage to google you. They're not always the smartest. Even with my google skills it took me a sec to find you because there are several AlyssaMichelle type names as well as several of your SM name. There's even one with your SM name that also has their name listed as Ali and they already have near 2000 followers so her account might be grabbing the attention of people looking for you. So, first, start tweeting when you get online on SM as well as any special shows/deals you're offering that day on cam. It's against the rules to share your twitter info when you're on cam but it's not against the rules to tweet your link and such when you're online. Basically, you can take Streamate to twitter but you can't take twitter to streamate.

You currently only have 25 tweets and those look like they're mostly MV related. Tweeting about SM will, at the very least, let members know they've found the right account if they search for you. You can also include accounts like StreamateModels in your tweets that you're online and that should help get the attention of other SM users. Also, diversify your tweets a little. It doesn't have to be all business all the time, let a bit of your personality shine through. A lot of members will follow and then unfollow a model if it seems like the only thing they post is adverts. A lot of it is a waiting game though. The first couple hundred twitter followers are hard to get but after that you start getting them a bit faster.

Thanks that was super helpful I never thought to look into a lot of that. So I thank you for that. But will do thank you for the advice!!

Upvote 0
I honest to god get most of my followers from other models retweeting me and following me. I barely have followers myself but I'll make note to follow you.
Ill follow you as well what's your Twitter? Unless you're the one that just followed me lol

Upvote 0
@AlyssaMichelle Also when popping online be sure to use hashtags like #streamate or something you specialize in/like to show off. Might be a type of show you enjoy or perhaps something to do with clothing you're wearing that day ex. #catsuit

Upvote 0
So I applied to streamate and they gave me a warning about My stage name being too close to My real name. I emailed them back explaining that My name is My brand and that it’s not close to My real name. The email also said next time I’ll be suspended but My account isn’t even approved yet!! Any advice?

Upvote 0
So I applied to streamate and they gave me a warning about My stage name being too close to My real name. I emailed them back explaining that My name is My brand and that it’s not close to My real name. The email also said next time I’ll be suspended but My account isn’t even approved yet!! Any advice?

Your last name isn't Meow? Huh...but in all seriousness I know it sucks. I had something like this happen a while back, though wasn't threatened with termination. That's rather extreme considering they have to be the one to approve it before you even get the name changed or account for that matter.

Ugh, I guess you can try some sort of offshoot of that name, or (I know it sucks) change the name all together. Sorry about the hassle you're going through.

Upvote 0
How much do we get paid for the cam2cam in the paid chat?
You set your own per min rate for prem/exclusive chat. There is no set fee for c2c.

Upvote 0

I had the same problem on my current account, but the reason wasn't given in the first message, just something about username not being approved. For some reason I wound up talking to two different people in support. One replied that the username was too close to my real name, the other didn't know what the problem was and approved my account. Not very helpful I'm sure, but I haven't heard another peep about it, so if they do approve you I think you're probably good to go.

Upvote 0

Email liz@streamate.com

Upvote 0
does anyone know is streammate pays you in american dollars or what currency they pay out in? :) thanks everyone!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm about to switch over to Streamate from MFC or at least put more effort into SM. I've realized I prefer privates and one on one time over public chat. I made an account on SM months ago, but I never actually streamed. Logged in a few days ago, so I don't think my profile has been archived. Will I have new model status on there since I never actually streamed?

Upvote 0
new model status doesnt really mean anything on sm, you will just attract more people asking for freebies and trying to get you to break the rules. When you are new on sm dont be afraid to ban everyone who is a dick, it will make life a lot easier later on :p

Upvote 0
It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!
Hey! This is off topic but I’ve been using a lush for a few weeks now through Chaturbate and for some reason tonight it stopped responding to real tips. It still responds to test tips and also if I give control to someone with a link. But otherwise it’s not working. I deleted all of the extensions and downloaded them again and went through the setup as if it were my first day using it. Still no luck. Anyone else had this happen?

Upvote 0